Personal Request Regarding Benghazi-Gate….

Treepers, I have a personal call to each of you.   The story of Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty heroic action has really hit a nerve for me personally. I am fearful, because of the political hurricane surrounding the event, they will not get the recognition of bravery they deserve.

I know many people have shared the original story we outlined in: “Into the Breach“, actually over 30,000 people have forwarded, shared on Facebook, emailed, and cross posted the True Story of Heroism.

Yet, the media, well, those actually covering the issue(s) are caught up on other aspects of the attack; and in many cases rightly so. But unfortunately, this presents a situation where the actual bravery of Ty and Glenn will be forgotten amid the political confluence and obfuscation.

So I have a request. Well, actually four requests:

First, please share the story as we know it, and I promise you if we find out more we will update. Share it anywhere and in any manner you can. You do not need to credit us with the writing, use it however best works to advance the truth. I know many people will not link into a conservative website, so feel free to cut, paste, excerpt, reference, or do anything to keep the Truth of their heroism pushing forward. Help poke their story along.

Second, please contact your state Senator and ask them to recognize the heroic action of both Ty and Glenn.

Third, if you notice anything about this story, the entire story, anywhere, please drop a link back to here or e-mail the refuge so we can collect as much information as possible. If you see something written about it, please share back in any comment thread.

Fourth, I really feel like these two men are worthy of the Presidential Medal of Freedom. I would like to advance a calling to see if we can put together a movement to get this done. I am clueless to how to go about it, but wide open to any suggestions. Right now I think the best thing we can do is continue to advance their story.

It saddens me to think that their heroic action could be lost amid the obfuscations and political back covering that are surrounding the events. They deserve better. In a moment of great consequence, they stood up – They charged into the breach – and they, along with their family, deserve heroic recognition.

Thanks.

This entry was posted in Benghazi-Gate, Egypt & Libya Part 2, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Personal Request Regarding Benghazi-Gate….

1. arkansasmimi says:

Amen SD!

2. Mikado Cat says:

What would help is a concise updated with known facts version of events suitable for inclusion in a variety of posts. What I have been saying in posts is …

The two former seals were in Libya to locate weapons missing from Kadafi stockpiles, with no responsibility for security at the consulate. They were in a safe location when the attack started, and ran to where the trouble was and acquired weapons and held off the attackers for several hours, but fuel was poured around the buildings and set on fire creating thick smoke and smothering those inside.

Specifics I would like to point out and reply to are;

The consulate did not meet existing security standards, so someone in state had to sign a waiver for it to be used. Walls too low, etc.

Hillary set down the ROE, rules of engagement, preventing the use of real bullets, only bean bags, and reduced number of marines on site to avoid offending Muslims.

A counter to the claim that even a full detachment of marines would not have stopped the attackers.

3. sybiljx1 says:

Dad of US bodyguard ‘blown up twice’ in Benghazi says State Department should admit mistakes

…David Ubben, a 31-year-old State Department employee, suffered broken bones and other injuries in the Sept. 11 attack that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans.

…David Ubben is having a series of surgeries and his father expects him to be hospitalized for several months.

4. sybiljx1 says:

OT:

Another piece from Eli Lake.

Despite Threats, U.S. Cut Security in Libya Before Attacks

5. rumpole2 says:

I run a small forum… not much traffic there at all. I steer away from POLITICS… because I don’t need the hassle 🙂
    There are plenty of places (like CTH) to cover political discussion.
    But… I already have a news thread on the Embassy murders and the aftermath.. so I am happy to copy the “Into The Breach” story there.. with a link back here. Also posted the 4 request points above.

6. akathesob says:

How can Clinton and Company sleep at night with all this fresh blood on them?/!

7. BigMamaTEA says:

SDC, in researching regarding Medals, there are more than one. The Presidential Medal of Freedom is bestowed by the President, the highest civilian award. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_medal_of_freedom.

The Medal of Honor, eligibility military personnel only, awarded for Conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of life above and beyond the call of duty, highest military honor for Valor, awarded by the President, in the name of Congress. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medal_of_Honor.

I think the Medal of Honor. What’s everybody think?

• Dsquared says:

It would have to be the former since they were civilians at the time of the attack (former Navy SEALs). Right?

And I have shared story and will call my reps tomorrow! I have just recently found this site and love it! Keep up the great work!

• NMM says:

It would be the Medal of Freedom, for the two former Navy SEALs.

Someone who was a friend of theirs, former SEAL Mike Ritland, also brought up trying to encourage the President to award them the Medal of Freedom in this 6 minute Fox News interview he did on September 25th– but who knows if this President will listen =\

“[Is the] US doing enough to bring Libya attackers to justice? | Fox News Video”

I recommend watching the video, if you have not seen it.