George Zimmerman On Hannity – Open Discussion Thread – Tonight Fox 9pm Eastern

George Zimmerman will be on Sean Hannity’s Fox News Show tonight at 9pm.   If you are watching please share your opinion in the comments.

(Huff Po) Sean Hannity has landed the first interview with George Zimmerman.    Hannity interviewed both Zimmerman and his attorney, Mark O’Mara, for an episode that will air on Wednesday night. A press release said that “Zimmerman will open up about what happened the night of Trayvon Martin’s death and his experience in the aftermath of the fatal shooting.”

TVNewser was the first to report the news.  It’s a definite coup for Hannity, though not an entirely surprising one. He spoke with Zimmerman off the record in April, when Zimmerman bucked the advice of his attorneys and got in touch with the Fox News host. Hannity refused to divulge the contents of their conversation. But he did say that he and his team had been pursuing an interview with Zimmerman for weeks in order to get “his side of the story.” He also conducted a relatively sympathetic interview with Zimmerman’s father.

Moreover, Hannity has opined that there might have been “some overcharging” in the case against Zimmerman, who was charged with second-degree murder.

News of the interview came a day after Fox News denied a report that Hannity had offered to pay Zimmerman’s legal fees.  (more)

This entry was posted in Election 2012, George Zimmerman Open Thread, Mark O'Mara, Racism, Tip Line, Trayvon Martin, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

399 Responses to George Zimmerman On Hannity – Open Discussion Thread – Tonight Fox 9pm Eastern

1. BigMamaTEA says:

For the life of me I do not understand why a reputable attorney would allow this interview at this time.

2. ZurichMike says:

Whatever happened to that second attorney who was joined MOM to defend GZ?

3. nameofthepen says:

It was TPTB who set the media dogs on this in the first place. Perhaps they misjudged, and regret it?

Is this interview now their Obi-Wan Kenobi hand-motion + thought-command, “This is not the droid you are looking for.”?

4. arkansasmimi says:

Ummm from the justice for trayvoon site. TELL ME THIS ISNT INSIGHTING A RIOT> GOT SCREEN SHOT TOO:

Brotha Man: If Zimmerman is found not guilty at the end of the trial it’s should be 100,000 plus people bone rushing the court house and they should run up in there and kill him. Everytime he opens his mouth it’s like he’s confessing to the murder.
    about an hour ago ·

5. skinterest says:

I think the black community has a problem with the way that Trayvon was watched and profiled more than anything. So after that nothing matters to them facts be damned- bc any reasonable person can look at evidence and witness testimony and see that Trayvon was assaulting George. They are angry with the people that perceive them a certain way rather than be mad at all the thugs that commit all the crimes and create that perception

6. schoolchoice2011 says:

GZ was going to give an interview to Barbara Walters but she decided against it after he asked to be put up in a hotel for a month…I think that they are hurting for money.

• schoolchoice2011 says:

I’m starting to think that the interview was not MOMS idea but he went along with it bc GZ demanded it. MOM needs to get control of his client. No more interviews…the state has nothing so he needs to keep his mouth shut.

• boricuafudd says:

While that is the right advice, I know personally I would not be able to hold my tongue while listening to lies that are put out. Specially since I did not do anything wrong.

• scubachick75 says:

At this point, I don’t think it matters what George says or doesn’t say. Crump and Jackson make up whatever they want to say about him and people believe it.

• scubachick75 says:

I think they are fighting over money and MOM wiped out his defense account for all his “hard work” Ha…hard work. That’s funny.

7. anwtex says:

Greta Van Susteren:
    Fascinating interview by Sean Hannity — but what’s up with George Zimmerman’s lawyer????
    The interview was fascinating …what I don’t understand is why in the world his lawyer allowed it to happen
    “I am not the least bit critical of my colleague Sean for the interview (that’s his job) — but I sure don’t get why the lawyer for Zimmerman permitted the interview. Is he doing his job?”

8. MichaelSkolnik Twitter page. I guess this was live during the interview:

God’s  ‏@Proud2BAProblem
    RT @MichaelSkolnik: I am not a lawyer, but it could be very interesting if all of his “messages” to Trayvon’s family violate the court order

Penn ‏@Penn36
    @ReignOfApril This seems really bizzare… first hiding the money, now possibly breaking the court order… @MichaelSkolnik

Cean ‏@ARTCETA
    @MichaelSkolnik Court order: “GZ shall have no contact directly/indirectly w/victim’s family, except as necessary discovery” @GZlegalCase

Some comments from the site someone mentioned above:

Frederick Leatherman says: July 18, 2012 at 9:32 pm
    An intriguing question to consider is whether GZ’s efforts to speak to the Martin family via the TV constitutes a violation of the no-contact order that prohibits any direct or indirect contact.

momisbuff says: July 19, 2012 at 1:50 am
    After hearing about tonights interview, I really can’t help but wonder if O’Mara is literally setting his client up. I can’t imagine O’Mara is *that* inept. He’s a bright guy. He knows everything GZ says can & will be used against him. He knows GZ let’s a lot slip out & should not be adding public statements … he also knows how to read a court order & *if* letting his client do an ill-advised interview, how to advise him what is not to be said. That GZ addressed the Martins, reading froma script, lawyer by his side, not edited out … I would almost say O’Mara knows it’s cheaper on their shared fund w/ George in jail & could lead to a new donation spike. I really can’t think of any other reason for this kind of fiasco & it’s why I thinkthis type of attrny fundraising is unethical activity the ABA needs to look at and addres very quickly.