It’s May 27th…Do You Know What That Means?

Photobucket

*Thank you to our Menagerie for her assistance in writing much of the following.

Today we celebrate the birthday of one of our founding Treepers, Stellap.  Were it not for her steadfast and resourceful efforts to rally and unite our initial group, we would very likely not be the site you see today.  Since that time, her contributions have been truly invaluable…not the least of which is her ability to dissect and dismember the occasional visitor seeking only to press their agenda.

Stellap is also a wonderful example and ambassador for her home state of Michigan, helping us understand some of the behind-the-scenes issues regarding the auto industry.  She knows her cars…especially GM cars.

When she’s not sitting behind a keyboard, you’ll most likely find her tending a garden full of flowers. Her writings and pictures have helped us make it through some of the worst of the cold weather and leap into spring with joy. A day in the yard working with her flowers pays big dividends for us as she paints a wonderful picture with her love for the beauty of the outdoors.

Just out of nowhere, you already have doors but they just don’t work right? Doors that don’t close or latch properly or that fit an opening poorly can be frustrating. Over the past ten years, the bifold doors have become very popular door options. The traditional conservatory door or patio door has always served as the alternative for French door – single door system. I mean, there are countless advantages of bifold doors.

But a day overseeing the shenanigans going on in the Tree, enjoying the beauty of her native Michigan, or working with her flowers is not complete until it’s topped off with a good book and a glass of wine.  Today we raise a toast to Stellap…a fine friend and a founding Treeper.

May you live all the days of your life.

~Jonathan Swift

About Ad rem

Millions of little gray cells wrapped in fur.
This entry was posted in Celebrations, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

98 Responses to It’s May 27th…Do You Know What That Means?

1. WeeWeed says:

Photobucket

Good morning, Stellap, and a huge Happy Birthday to you!! 😀

2. loopyloo305 says:

Happy Birthday Stellap and may God always bless you!!!!

3. ctdar says:

Happy Birthday Stellap!!

4. Sharon says:

Happy Birthday Girl!!! Have a good, good day with some sunshine (where you are?), some flowers, some friends, some family, some hugs!

• stellap says:

Thank you Sharon! It will be a very hot day, I hear. Peonies and climbing roses are blooming, and I’m sure I’ll hear from family a little later.

5. Menagerie says:

Photobucket

Happy Birthday. I hope it is a most wonderful day for you, and that you get to enjoy books, wine, and birthday cake, as well as friends and family. You were the first Treeper I ever got brave enough to “talk” to.

• stellap says:

Thank you Menage for the good words on my birthday! I didn’t know I was the first you talked to, and I’m glad we got to “know” each other.

• Menagerie says:

Yep, it was at Lucianne, after the meltdown. You were looking for people you knew, and I had never posted, but been a lurker for a year or so, so I felt like I knew you, and I introduced myself. It has been very good getting to know you as well. I have certainly enjoyed it.

6. Ash says:

Happy Birthday!

7. howie says:

Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday Happy Birth day
    Happy Birthday to you

8. minpin says:

Happy Birthday stellap. Hope you have a great day.

9. Auntie Lib says:

Happy, happy, happy birthday from SNOWY Montana. Hope you have a wonderful day and the best year ever!!!!

10. MRM says:

Happy Birthday Stella! I hope your day is off to a wonderful start!

• stellap says:

Well, the start wasn’t so good – no water. All is better now and, after all, I’m a lucky woman to have so many lovely greetings this morning. Thanks MRM for the good wishes!

• MRM says:

no water?? ugh! luckily, no place in Michigan is more than 6 miles from a river, lake or stream. 😀 (from my 5th grade report on my home state!) Glad all’s well now – enjoy!

• WeeWeed says:

Ooooooooooooooo…….is that…….water???? 😯

• stellap says:

Don’t get jealous, now! Yeah, there’s lots of water here and, for the most part, the land is well above the water.

• MRM says:

That was awesome!! Makes me very homesick though! You know, back when everyone was making fun of Mitt for saying something like “even the trees are just the right height here”… I could so relate! After we moved to Indiana, every time we drove across the state line back into Michigan, we’d all say things like “wow, the sky is bluer here!” “the trees are greener here!” etc. … in fact, I still do it ! 😉

• stellap says:

MRM, here is a love poem to Western Michigan, just for you:

P.S.: Sorry it’s squished. You might want to watch it on YouTube.

• Beautiful video poem, Ladies! That is SOOO glorious. Our daughter’s loverboy is in central Michigan, and she just got off the plane from there yesterday, loaded with lots of pics of Sleeping Bear and Traverse City. She’s so lovesick. And I while most of it is for the man, much of it is for the green and blue beauty of Michigan. Keep on enjoying it, Stella!

• MRM says:

Oh my gosh!!! That was soooooo beautiful! thank you!! When I was little, we used to go up to Sleeping Bear Dunes and take the dune buggy rides… I’ll never forget the year our driver had only one arm. It wasn’t until later that night around the camp fire that we kids overheard our parents wondering if he’d really lost his arm in a dune buggy accident..! good times! I’m sure nowadays, seat belts and helmets are mandatory.

• tnwahm says:

Thank you. I’m thinking that I need to start planning and saving for a family trip next summer to Michigan. I keep telling my girls about Mackinac Bridge and Island. There was a campground that we used to stay at as a kid that had a perfect view of the Bridge. There is nothing like it at night. They also need to experience being able to walk out into the water for what seemed like miles to a kid and it still not be over their heads.

• stellap says:

My county is the center of this map. See all of the little blue spots? Those are lakes.

Photobucket

• tnwahm says:

As a transplanted Michigander, that makes me homesick also. I always laugh at what friends call “lakes” here. Most are really ponds. It isn’t really a lake if you can see the other side.

11. ZurichMike says:

Happy Birthday! Many, many happy returns of the day!

12. barnslayer says:

Happy Birthday Stellap!
    Photobucket

13. What a perfect and fitting weekend to wish a Happy Birthday to Stella. There has never been a more sincere patriot standing atop the wall of liberty and we are darned lucky to get to spend some time with her. Happy Birthday Stella !!

• stellap says:

Thanks so much for the compliment, and for the birthday celebration crew! It’s a pleasure to have such terrific cyber friends. All of you guys are the bestest!

14. justice099 says:

Happy birthday, Stellap!

15. WeeWeed says:

We’ve scheduled yas for a manicure later this afternoon, too!!

Photobucket

😀

16. PAL says:

Happy birfday, fellow May baby! *SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH*!
    Many blessings, good tidings and ((LOVE))!

• stellap says:

Happy birfday (belated I assume) to you too! We May babies have to stick together! My best friend’s birthday is on Tuesday. Hugs and best wishes!

• PAL says:

Yes, I’m belated May baby. We do have to stick together! Us Spring chickens! lol 😀
        Happy b-day to your friend too! Hugs and best wishes right back atchya!

17. Patriot Dreamer says:

Happy birthday, Stellap! 😀

18. Happy Birthday, Dear Stella! I knew the dog was trying to keep me from sleeping too late for a reason. Shoulda listened! Unlike Menage, you may have only been the second Treeper I had the courage to talk to; the first was probably our good friend WeeWeed. In any case, you were the first mod to threaten to throw me out of a thread during flame war. I’m glad you didn’t! 😀 And the gravatar of little stella is the first one I got to know back in the HB/HT days. I kinda miss that gravatar. sniff

• stellap says:

Thanks for the greeting, Grunt! I can’t imagine I ever threatened to throw you out; are you sure about that? Maybe it’s just as well that we forget about it, anyway. I can see why you would talk to Weed – she’s the funny, happy one! How long have you been hanging around?

• Ad rem says:

What’s even harder to imagine…Grunt NOT having the courage to talk to someone. 😉

• You’re a funny Treep, too, Stella! And I have some of your comments on the wall to prove it. And no worries about you moderating my obnoxious butt last year. I had managed (since I’m an idiot) to push one of ZMike’s buttons, and then when I was unable to talk him down, I self-censored, but not before you threatened to throw us both out. But no hard feelings. You were only doing a fine moderator job as always! At the time, it really impressed me that you had the courage to be proactive on a thread like that. Most sites let anger go on way too long before taking action, I think. Nice work!

19. Shalini says:

Phew!! I am glad I decided to check in today. Actually, I logged in only because my home team lost what could have been their hat-trick championship trophy! 😦 Never mind that now!! It’s a good thing because now I get an opportunity to wish you. 🙂

Wish you a very blessed and fantastic birthday, Pat! 🙂

20. Daisy says:

Happy Birthday Stellap! And many more! 🙂

21. Sandusky says:

Very best wishes to Stella.
    I’m assuming that you’re not a fella
    So I’m wishing for you
    A bouquet kissed with dew
    Full of flowers white, purple, and yella.

• WeeWeed says:

Bravo!! Bravo!! What say we offer up the first beer of the day to the birthday girl!! 😀

Photobucket

• stellap says:

You’re right that I’m not a fella – but my screen name is my dog’s name! She’s a beautiful Brittany. Thanks for the poetry!

• Sandusky says:

In that case, I hope the “p” in your screen name doesn’t mean that she was difficult to housetrain, LOL.

They’re lovely dogs, and smart too, so I’m sure the “p” has another significance.

• stellap says:

The “p” does have another significance, but if this dog has to go, she has no problem peeing on the kitchen floor. My last dog would wait hours (with her legs crossed, I imagine) rather than pee on the floor. If she absolutely had no choice, she would use the mat in the foyer. I got spoiled!

22. Ms.Tee says:

Happy Birthday, Stella! Hope you have a fun day!

23. Aussie says:

happy birthday Stella

24. garnette says:

Happy Birthday Stellap.

25. Knight4GFC says:

Happy B-Day Stellap!!!
    Photobucket

26. Hzppy birthday Stellap. God Bless You Specially this day.

27. Lulu says:

This newbie doesn’t know how to send sparkly balloons, but I can send a virtual hug and a virtual margarita from sunny Southern Cal. May your New Year be the best ever….

Thank you for all the good things you do here at this amazing blog…

28. Happy Birthday to my wonderful, amazing brilliant friend! Hope your day has been great…you sure deserve it! Thanks for always having my back. May this be the year that all your wishes come true.

Oh, and did I mention you’re looking exceptoinally fabulous today?

Love you!

XOXO

29. Omar says:

Happy Birthday, Stellp!! I pray your day and your year are blessed beyond measure.

30. tnwahm says:

Happy Belated Birthday, Stellap. Sorry I missed the party yesterday. I am so grateful for my Treeper friends. I’m not sure what state of mind I would be in w/o you.

31. zmalfoy says:

I missed the party!!! Happy belated Birthday dear StellaP!!! Yer what, 25 now? 😛

32. texan59 says: