The Trayvon™ Traveling Road-Show Heads To East St. Louis IL

HatTip Sibilj Trayvon’s™ Trail of Tears will ‘stand their ground’, fundraise and exploit for stricter gun regulations on Friday, May 25th in East St. Louis, IL.

ILLINOIS – East St. Louis native Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, parents of Trayvon Martin, and Trayvon’s older brother Jahvaris Fulton, will speak in East St. Louis (IL) on May 25th. The family will address the public during the “STOP THE VIOLENCE NOW –THE SENSELESS USE OF GUNS MUST CEASE: We Refuse to Remain Hostage to Crime!!!” Bi-state Youth & Community Rally, set for noon at North End Missionary Baptist Church, located at 463 N. 88th St. in East St. Louis.

Drug Free – Gun Free – Student Free

Tracy Martin, graduate of East St. Louis Senior High School (1986), and Sybrina Fulton were thrust into the national spotlight when they tragically loss their son Trayvon to gun violence on Feb. 26.

All concerned Metro East and Greater St. Louis area community members can join Tracy, Sybrina and Jahvaris on Friday afternoon to take a stand against violence. Most fittingly, family members of Trayvon Martin will use the urban backdrop of East St. Louis to speak against violence and to plead with local youth to stop using guns senselessly.

Martin and Fulton say that they understand the heartache associated with the sudden loss of a child and want to encourage community members of Tracy’s hometown to remain vigilant against crime. As parents, they want to join Jahvaris in pleading with local youth to “STOP THE VIOLENCE NOW,” and to urge them to find other ways to solve their differences.

This free event is spearheaded by community activist Stephanie A. Miles, in cooperation with Metro-East Parent Connection and The IVPA E. St. Louis Safety Net Works (SNW) Coalition. It is supported by concerned citizens and groups, including Better Family Life and the Illinois Violence Prevention Authority (IVPA).

We are in this together,” stated Miles, “And we are thrilled that Tracy, Sybrina and Jahvaris are standing their ground in East St. Louis against violence and the senseless use of guns. While national TV programs such as ‘Saturday Night Live’ laugh and poke fun at cities like East St. Louis, children and young adults in our urban communities are dying, and moms and dads are grieving. It’s not funny. Future preachers, teachers, doctors and lawyers are lying in the streets. Like Tracy Martin and his family, our community agrees that the senseless use of guns must cease. We don’t have to accept things the way that they are.”  (read more)

This entry was posted in Trayvon Martin, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

90 Responses to The Trayvon™ Traveling Road-Show Heads To East St. Louis IL

1. kinthenorthwest says:

I wonder what kind of crowds they are getting..
    Its time these two go back to work and quit living off their son.

• Roscoe P. Soultrane says:

Why are you so rayciss? They just got handed a winning lottery ticket. Time to git paid, yo!

#JusticeForOurBankAccount

• tara says:

I wonder if the people who donated their vacation time to Sybrina are thinking maybe it wasn’t such a great idea.

2. Kyozokuninja says:

The 2012 Unemployment Rate for East St Louis is 17%, so probably quite a lot will attend. The key question is how are TrayMomma and TrayDaddy gonna fill those trash cans with all those people wanting money given to them instead of the other way around?

3. chopp says:

Will they solicit money from this community?

4. realitycheck says:

How about a crusade against senseless random violence and thuggery on our streets.

Guns in the hands of law abiding citizens to protect themselves and their property is not the problem. If thugs learn the consequences to their violence might be swift and decisive, maybe they would think before they commit their violent acts.

Hold parents responsible for their poor parenting. The root cause of this episode is lack of discipline on the young man. His parents are attempting to cash in which is sickening at best.

• Craw63 says:

^AMEN!^

• boricuafudd says:

You just hit i. GZ must be punished or other GZ’s might get it in their heads that defending themselves is allow. They are scared of other GZs out there. People must not defend themselves, they must take their lumps and not complain. All the TMs out there must be allow to blow off some steam on all of us, as they see fit. You can smell the feel on some of the comments in some other sites, like wagist.

5. DiwataMan says:

Crime rates are massive in East St. Louis. Tracy Martin says he graduated from East St. Louis Senior High School in 1986. I wonder what else her learned there.

• Aussie says:

how to be a gang member. I am betting that Tracy Martin was involved in a gang in East St.Louis.

I had heard he was a member of the Crips.

• krddurham says:

Tracy was a member of the Crips? What set?

In another thread, you claimed that Trayvon’s tattoos were gang related. I’m curious, what makes you think they are gang tattoos?

• WestTexasFLA says:

Hmm…lived in Miami, is under 18, calls himself “No Limit N****”, has a criminal history, known to be violent, known to have used drugs….I’d say chances are good TrayWanna was in a gang

6. zane says:

Having lived across the river from E. St. Louis, I can tell you that the city had been known for a number of things; crime, poverty, unemployment and voter fraud. Not just now, but for generations.

In the ’60’s, the whites of East St. Louis just decided to sell their homes for whatever they could get, due to depressed values, and leave. Now, according to the 2000 census, East St. Louis is 97.34% black, 1.23% white, and probably, in the last 12 years, that 1.23% has moved, as well.

Crime isn’t just on the streets. It extends all the way to City Hall, and voter fraud is rampant.

East St. Louis is the bowels of the nation, and I think that Tracy and Sybrina will find that few people have money to give, unless it comes from the drug dealers and pimps that populate the city.

7. Thug Thumper says:

Any WHITE members of the Crump Circus better be careful while driving their rental car in East St. Louis. Remember what happened to Chevy Chase in the Family Truckster?

8. Thug Thumper says:

HTML TEST: [img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYAufxkTtHOxzSNZBHhxKIcp-C1p1m60d9DSXlt3qpiLEmz2gStQ7hhPIn[/img]

9. Thug Thumper says:

QUESTION: How do I post a photo here? Is HTML activated?

• stellap says:

Code looks like the following, though you have to have admin rights to display images.

Photobucket

I used Photobucket for the html code. You can always post images, but an admin has to intervene to get them to display.

10. Bill Palmer says:

Traydaddy would have been a few weeks shy of his 20TH BIRTHDAY when he graduated from East St. Louis HS in 1986. He was probably the dude who bought the beer for his baby faced classmates?

11. Roscoe P. Soultrane says:

Boy, Tracy sure is a loyal Padres fan, isn’t he? I guess that’s his *formal* baseball cap.

• 2ntense says:

Don we now our gang apparel…
      fa la la la la la la la la.
      Trolls and homies, we are feral
      fa la la la la la la la la.

• Bill Palmer says:

Could the “SD” on his Padres cap be a gang identifier? Satan Disciples?

• Sandusky says:

What, you mean you don’t think his “SD” is a tribute to our very own SD at the treehouse? {snork}

• 2ntense says:

I had read over the weekend that those were the colors for some of the “Prince Hall Masons”. Dunno… people out there aren’t as diligent in gathering facts as people gathered around the tree. But Satans Disciples seems appropriate.

• krddurham says:

Ha!

The SD’s are a hispanic gang…based in Illinois.

So, no.

• tara says:

East St. Louis is in Illinois, Einstein. And they don’t just have hispanic members, they have black members as well. So to the Maniacs and Kings, you probably thought they were 100% hispanic as well.

• krddurham says:

I know where East St. Louis is. Thanks anyway, Tara. So, you’re basing Tracy’s alleged gang affiliation solely on his hat? I’m wearing a Duke Blue Devils hat…does that make me a member of the Folk Nation?

• tara says:

I’m not saying that Tracy Martin is definitely a gang member, but it gives the appearance that he is one while he continues the Trademark Circus through his old ‘hood. You’d think that someone advocating an end to gun violence would maybe avoid wearing a garment that is a known gang garment, in a city where that gang has a presence.

12. Omar says:

Wow….I live only 30 miles from E. St. Louis, so it would be interesting if I could go and listen first-hand to the propagan….errr…..I mean, heartfelt plea for an end to violence. HOWEVER, if I were to take my fair-complected self to EStL, I’d be shot on sight.

• 2ntense says:

Gun violence Omar? Say it isn’t so, not in the vicinity of TrayMom, TrayDad and the Travelling Money Circus.

• Omar says:

Let’s just say that, for those of us who have grown up in this area and played high school sports in E. St.Louis and who travel frequently to St. Louis and KNOW the metro area, we ALL know, beyond a shadow of a doubt (even our black friends tell us) that we are in NO WAY safe to go into E. St. Louis. It’s really sad to see the condition of that city. There are literally mansions in ruins there that were just abandoned by owners in decades passed…..mansions with gold faucets, marble floors, etc…..lying in complete ruin (the ones that haven’t finally fallen down due to vandalism…. because the brutality of that crime-laden city chased away all who could have helped build an economy there. I know because I worked in real estate and was privy to many of the specs and listings in that city. I HAVE been to E. St. Louis. I was stopped by a cop the last time I was there. He asked me why I was there. I didn’t run or punch him. I just answered. Then he told me that it would be best, for my own safety, to leave as soon as possible and he just wanted to make sure I wasn’t lost and unable to find my way out. My mother lived there with her parents until 1958. It was in decline then….but no where close to where it is now. Once upon a time, it was quite the place to be. Not so now….UNLESS……well, no need to finish.

• rocker124 says:

That city sounds like a nicer version of Detroit. I only say that because in Detroit there are areas that even the police will not go.

• Aussie says:

I wish I could give this the thumbs up!

13. Kyozokuninja says:

Within the Folk and People Nations alliances, the individual gangs have their own unique colors, hand signs, alphabets, or codes. They show their allegiance to their allies as well as their rivals by “representing” through symbols, colors, graffiti, hand signs and slang words.

Members of both Nations also demonstrate their affiliation by indicators on the left or right side of the body. A member of the Folk Nation will usually wear his colors on the right side of the body, will wear a cap tilted to the right or he may roll up his right pants leg. Members of the People Nation may demonstrate their affiliation from the left side of the body. The color blue is generally associated with the Folks Nation, while red is the color of choice for the People Nation.

Satan’s Disciples colors are red and yellow.

14. I feel really sorry for them. They’re nothing but pawns being used by Sharpton and Crump. I doubt they’ve even had a chance to grieve.

• tara says:

They thought it was a good deal that they’d get 2% of the trash can revenues, Now, not so sure.

• kinthenorthwest says:

When Trayvon’s did not speak out against the Black Panthers bounty on Zimmerman I lost any sympathy i might have had for them. That was the last straw for me especially when it went to a Million $$$ dead or alive.

• krddurham says:

I agree. That’s why I’ve tried to avoid criticizing their actions. The loss of a child has to be one of the worst experiences to have to go through. I can’t imagine what they’re going through. The race hustlers are telling them everything they want to hear right now. Little do they know, Sharpton and JJ will ditch them when that well is dry.

• Lulu says:

They are allowing themselves to be used. But that money does look pretty good to them. They’ve even taken Sybrina’s elder son out of school to join their caravan.

Will money make up for the loss of Trayvon? I wouldn’t want my son to seem to be worth more dead than alive.

• tara says:

And Sybrina greedily took vacation days from other people so she could go on the Trademark travelling circus.

Dang, East St. Louis is a total downgrade from London.

• Passing the collection basket around after the city of Birmingham appointed Trayvon Martin as an honorary citizen was the end of my compassion for their conduct.

• minpin says:

I have no sympathy for Tracy Martin or Sybrina Fulton. They all of a sudden care more about him when he is dead, then they ever did when he was alive. Trayvon had a mother, a father, step mothers, step fathers, step sisters, and step brothers.

From what we have read about Trayvon, he was shoveled from one household to the next. He was about to have yet another step mother with Brandy Green, and another step brother with Chad whatever. The kid had no stability, balance, or personal caring about him.

When you read that Sybrina said that Trayvon “meant alot to her” you can see the disconnect. What mother would say their dead son was “important to them”? THat’s gross and unemotional.

Trayvon was becoming a bigger and bigger problem to everyone who had any responsibility for him. Three school suspensions in a four month period should have been a big big wake up call to anyone who really did care about him.

Trayvon was passed around between the parents and the steps like he was a basketball. No damn wonder the kid was a trouble maker. When kids are so desperate for attention, they will many times do things that are bad to get that non-existent attention.

No one cared worth a damn about Trayvon. He was a problem in life, but is a cash cow in death.

• Sandusky says:

Minpin, you’ve absolutely nailed it. Could the recent increase in bad behaviour be related to knowing he was going to lose his long-time stepmom (10 years or so, I believe) and have to share his father’s attention with a new stepbrother? Just how badly DID he have to behave before he got his father’s undivided attention? Even a third suspension from school doesn’t cut it – his father is more interested in going out & having a good time with the new girlfriend than in giving his son the one-on-one time he’s so desperately seeking.

His dad can sure find the time to travel around the country and abroad, tho. on the money that’s been flowing in since his problem was solved – oops, I mean since his son was killed.

• tara says:

He was probably so accustomed to the revolving door it didn’t even bother him. I’ll never forget that tweet he wrote, about how they moved so often it was like they were a military family. Very sad. He went to three different high schools, I think. And on that fateful weekend dad drags him to Sanford and then dad runs off to Orlando with his mistress, leaving 17 year old Trademark with a 14 year old semi-stranger boy who might as well have been 10 years old, when you’re 17 a 14 year old is hopelessly juvenile.

And now I’m remembering the interview with Brandy and Chad. Chad said Trademark was bored and that’s why he wanted to go to the store. Poor Chad, Trademark left him alone, just like Trademark’s father left Trademark alone. There wasn’t a whole lot of love in that extended family.

• Aussie says:

Do not feel sorry for them. They are not pawns of anyone. They saw the dollar signs and they signed on…. these are not victims. They are greedy individuals.

• CTDAR says:

How can one grieve when constantly on the fraudraising circuit?
      A different show in different state, weekly passing around of the trash cans in “memory” of a son via evidence that he instigated the fight that took his life;
      all the while intentionally ruining another mans life in the process.
      Make no mistake, the grieving process lasted less than the time it takes to say
      “show me the money”

• scubachick75 says:

Especially when Sybrina couldn’t even be bothered with going to Sanford after he was killed. Now she travels all over the world for her “baby”. Sorry but the kid needed her when he was alive. He was screaming for attention. I know what that’s like. I went years without a father in my life and my mother didn’t notice if I even came home at night. I had one rule….Don’t get pregnant. I was so envious of my friends that got grounded for bad grades or coming home late. I wanted to be grounded so bad!!! Because to me, that meant someone cared if I came home or if I went to school. When you don’t get the right attention, you start acting out just to get some reaction from your parents. Luckily, a friends parents took me in and made me a part of their family. They even grounded me 🙂 My point is kids want and need their parents to be parents. They have enough friends.

15. tara says:

Good timing, Trademark parents! Go across the river and visit the dude who shot the pizza delivery guy. I’m sure he could use your crack PR team.

16. Lulu says:

Matt Guttman of ABC News does a screeching 180:

George Zimmerman Case: Should Charges Be Dropped?

Details released in the past week add to the picture of what might have transpired on that rainy Feb. 26 before Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch captain in the Sanford, Fla., community where Martin, 17, was staying with his father’s fiancée, shot the teen dead.

Previously unknown particulars, including the scrape on Martin’s knuckle and photos of Zimmerman’s battered and swollen face — which were taken moments after he shot and killed Martin in what he says was self defense — coupled with eyewitness accounts that back up Zimmerman’s story, suggest for some that the prosecutor overreached.

Holds on to some of his old meme at the end, but is clearly trying to maneuver himself out of harm’s way.

• 2ntense says:

They don’t deserve to back track out of harm’s way. The media is culpable in the quest for blood. It isn’t even reporting… it’s creative writing and not that well done either. Then need to be held responsible.

• tara says:

Matt!!! Come to the light!!! You’re almost here!!! 🙂

• Lulu says:

Will Matt every come to the light? Will he repent and redeem himself, begging forgiveness for his (too many to count) sins? Will he begin finally to seek the truth and write only the truth? Will Miss Piggy take flight?

• minpin says:

Yeah, the prosecutor overreached, but so did the media, including Gutman, with their reporting about that evil racist Zimmerman, before they had any facts. Gutman is Gutless. He can’t admit that he was a problem, and in no way can ever be perceived as a part of the cure, with new revelations. He is worried about a lawsuit coming his way, nothing more.

• howie says:

Or. Omara is just starting his investigation. They are afraid of the depositions he will take . If it looks bad for the Schemers it will be “tamped down” until after the election. Looks to me like Gutman is in CYA mode.

17. Ron Terrell says:

I do not appreciate the reference of a genocidal event known as the Trail of Tears in describing the Martin’s trip to East St. Louis . Over 4000 died on the Trail of Tears and this comparison is disrespectful to American NDN’s period. I am pro gun and pro stand your ground law.

18. Aussie says:

who has noticed that Jahvrais is wearing a disguise? That haircut in the above picture looks really weird. I am betting that he has tried to disguise himself because we have spotted that he has been involved in a certain gang.

19. Saddened says:

How about stopping thug violence first? Victims of violence like the Virginia couple who were beaten up by a swarm of 100 youths could have used a gun to DEFEND themselves FROM physical violence initiated on them. One of the main witnesses in the Zimmerman case described Martin as using a Mixed Martial Arts style of violence. The technique Martin employed against Zimmerman is specifically referred to in Mixed Martial Arts as “Ground and Pound”. Don’t be shocked when you see this photo of the technique. The aspiring thug was looking for ann opportunity in his stoned state of mind to pick a fight and practice his probably newly acquired skill. Another witness claims the antagonistic voice which started the verbal argument was not Zimmerman’s. Zimmerman had tell tale cuts and bruises all over on his face along with lacerations to his rear skull with good reason.

Mixed Martial Arts

Ground and Pound

The only people who should be prosecuted should be Trayvon’s parents, who neglected him while he was being grounded and seemed only interested in their own money and social life.

20. atex says:

They say this latest “tour” is about SYG against violence. Do they not know it is their son who was the VIOLENT one! Makes my head spin
    (sorry for the caps I sometimes need to express myself. Being monotone just doesn’t cut it sometimes)

What happened to the stopping “racism” chant? Can’t get that to fly any longer, eh! Damage already done. Mission accomplished.
    They’re all just a bunch of crumps.

How about a campaign on proper parenting. What a novel idea!
    No clue of what your son was into or didn’t care? Ug!

• ZurichMike says:

One of the ways I learned to stress a word or phrase online is to set off the word or phrase with asterisks. See the difference:
      You have got to be kidding, he’s the winner?
      You have *got* to be kidding, *he’s* the winner?

21. atex says:

Sorry Saddeded @ 7:35. I wrote my above comment before I read any others. I see we (probably many others here) were on the same ‘page’ so to speak, I better go read all comments before I comment again. My bad 😦

22. Pingback: Trayvon Martin’s Links to St. Louis « Countenance Blog

23. Kyozokuninja says:

Comments as of today in response to the Circus coming to East St Louis:

Donald Vetter · Top Commenter
    Is this a “hate rally”? as their little Angel has been outed as a stoned thug and they ought to be traveling the country apologizing for riding the “media hate train”…and why ESTL…? Is that where the worst offenders live?
    Reply ·
    2 hours ago

David Newcum · Top Commenter · Illinois School For The Deaf High School
    Dont like east st. louis or north st.louis Too many idiots
    Reply ·
    10 hours ago

Glenda Hanks · Top Commenter · Mineral Area College
    Who pays for their travel
    12 hours ago

David Newcum · Top Commenter · Illinois School For The Deaf High School
    Good point Glenda
    10 hours ago

24. carUHsel says:

Countdown will start to the next explosive set of Rainbow Riots/Violence/Destruction Parties immediately after the benediction and trash-can passing at the at North End Missionary Baptist Church on Friday 5/25.
    Any takers on how long it will take for violence and mayhem to commence once the traveling Trash-can Gang departs the humble house of worship?
    I wonder if there will be a voter registration party going down immediately following the Circus show?

25. Pingback: Racist George Zimmerman: A metaphor for the Zionist Israelis? | danmillerinpanama

26. A_Nonny_Mouse says:

I see (in that picture of Trayvon’s family + Crump) a sign that looks like it says “Justice for Trayvon”.

This brings up a question I’ve been wondering about. We know that Tray’s momma trademarked that phrase, does that mean she collects a fee for usage of her trademark? Would the Traveling Road Show have to pay her? What about other large rallies where people are holding up “Justice for Trayvon” signs– does she actually get royalties in some manner?

27. sybilj says:

(Pic)

Their attorney, Benjamin Crump, stirred the packed church by asking them to repeat after him: “I am Trayvon Martin.”

He compared the death of Trayvon Martin, 16, on Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla., after a neighborhood watch member shot the teen to the death of Emmett Till, 14, who in 1955 was murdered after whistling at a white woman.

Emmett Till’s mother, Mamie, made the decision to have her son’s brutalized body brought from Mississippi back to Chicago, stopping in cities along the way to let the people know what three white men did to her son. Support grew along the way.

Trayvon Martin’s father decries violence in visit to East St. Louis

…Martin was joined by Trayvon’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, and brother Jahvaris Fulton, before an enthusiastic crowd of about 300 people at the North End Missionary Baptist Church, 463 North 88th Street.

Martin took the stage to chants of “Tracy!”

He listed streets here where he had lived, explaining, “I’m from all over East St. Louis,” and saying, “I’m coming here because these are my people.”

Lamenting the change since children could safely play in the streets, he called for more outreach programs to educate them, keep them safe and occupy their time. “If you are going to take the guns away, you have to replace it with something,” he said. “The first thing is God.”

The theme of Friday’s rally is “Stop the Violence Now: The Senseless Use of Guns Must Cease”. The event is being put on by several groups. It takes place at 12 noon at North End Missionary Baptist Church, 463 North 88th Street.

A parade is set to take place before the rally. It will start at 77th and State and end at the church.

• Sharon says:

“Trayvon Martin’s parents came to East St. Louis on Friday to share the lessons they’ve learned from their son’s death.”

It’s a little hard to grasp that they went to St. Louis to share ideas for milking the death of a son for cash.

Did they have a workshop on choosing a wardrobe that travels well?

There must have been a presentation on looking grief-stricken in front of the cameras. And another on how to prepare 3 X 5 cards on which to jot notes about the dearly departed son’s (or daughter’s) favorite activities, so you don’t screw up the answers when asked, on camera.

• barnslayer says:

‘Replacing guns with God’? First off considering the black moslem angle present in all this I would ask “What kind of god are you talking about?” Second, don’t make the mistake in thinking gun owners are bereft of faith in the Lord Almighty.

“Senseless use of guns…” Pathetic. No regard for self-defense. It’s all about making the streets safe for criminals.

28. Pingback: Martin Magical Money Tour «