Toxic Stupidity = An Unqualified President Strikes Again …..

Who is around this President?  Seriously, sometimes you have got to wonder how insufferably disconnected one administration could possibly be.

my all of the above strategy….. we can’t afford……  cannot bring down overnight…….   sustainable ……. investments….. future……. dependency….. initiatives… under my watch…. historic lows…. increased production….  historic highs…… pipeline around the globe…..  we cannot continue….  20% of global use…..    2% of world reserves….  BLAH-BLAH-BLAH

Wash.Rinse.Repeat

President Obama announces “federal interventionalist controls” over the free market Oil Commodity Speculation in an effort to “bring down prices”.   Seriously, this is his approach, more, yes more, government……   AND SURPRISE what do you think happens within minutes of his announcement?

Yep, you guessed it, Oil future stock prices begin to “necessarily skyrocket“….

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama pushed Congress Tuesday to give oil market regulators more muscle to deter price manipulation by speculators, the latest White House response to determined Republican attacks on administration energy policies amid high gas prices at the pump.

Obama wants Congress to strengthen federal supervision of oil markets, increase penalties for market manipulation and empower regulators to increase the amount of money energy traders are required to put behind their transactions.

“We can’t afford a situation where some speculators can reap millions while millions of American families get the short end of the stick,” Obama said at the White House.

It’s the Maxine Waters plan…. flashback: Remember this

The plan is more likely to draw sharp election-year distinctions with Republicans than have an immediate effect on prices at the pump. The measures seek to boost spending for Wall Street enforcement at a time when congressional Republicans are seeking to limit the reach of federal financial regulations.

The president’s $52 million proposal comes as Republicans have been hammering Obama on his energy policies, recognizing the political cost of high gas prices on the president. Obama’s plan would turn the tables on Republicans by taking aim at Wall Street’s role in the oil price chain.

Obama was joined during his Rose Garden remarks by Attorney General Eric Holder, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, Commodity Futures Trading Commission Chairman Gary Gensler, and Federal Trade Commission Chairman Jon Leibowitz.

The president didn’t shy away from casting the issue in partisan terms, drawing attention to Republican opposition to a plan to end tax breaks for oil and gas companies.

“So here’s a chance to make amends,” he said.

Even before the White House announced Obama’s plans, House Speaker John Boehner called it a political ploy and criticized the president for not using authority he already has to deal with such problems.  (read more)

WASHINGTON DC – Crude oil prices have risen over a dollar today, despite President Obama’s promise to “crackdown” on Wall Street “speculators” that he believes are driving up the price of oil.

Crude oil opened at $102.66 per barrel.  It cost $104.04 per barrel at 8:58 am (one minute after the White House Fact Sheet on “cracking down on manipulation in oil markets” hit my inbox). By 9:32 am, the price had risen to $104.94 per barrel. The price has been as as high as $105.07 today, according to Yahoo Finance and Reuters(more)

Toxic Obama – Injecting Bile Into Those He Meets

Dying of cancer

This entry was posted in media bias, Obama re-election, Obama Research/Discovery, Post It Note Campaign, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Toxic Stupidity = An Unqualified President Strikes Again …..

1. Michell says:

Him and Holder are sending the DOJ and SS after Ted Nugent. I don’t if it’s because he called them criminals or said we needed to chop off their heads in November or if they’re all stupid enough to think when he said come November if Obama is re-elected I’ll either be dead or in jail. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to know he meant as he’s said often if they come after his guns he won’t just hand them over.

2. garnette says:

Well this will allow him to blame Wall Street and the evil 1% for the raising stock prices. No one will point out that commodies are bought based on where the investors think the price will be in the future. No one will point out that they are basing their decisions on what Obama is doing. Hmmm, anyone else remember the scenes in the movie Trading Places regarding the buying and selling of commodies?

3. ZurichMike says:

Thank you posting the election clock. Election Day cannot come fast enough.

4. tnwahm says:

You’ve got a picture of my “esteemed” CongressCritter there with Maxine Waters.
    This is my friend and Congressional Candidate, Charlotte Bergmann leading a gas price protest outside the CongressCritter’s office. My dd is at the end.

5. Jay says:

You know, Republicans always say they want smaller Government, but what they say and what they do is yet to be seen. The Patriot Act isn’t my idea of small Government. I don’t care if we were attacked. We, The American people; cannot be cowards and forfeit freedoms because we’re afraid, and furthermore the Federal Goverment shouldn’t make that call either. That right there is a sign of weakness instead of security. So many bravy men died to make sure we’re free, then we’re afraid to die to reserve the freedoms prior? Our troops in WW2 didn’t just stop fighting because they were afraid had a good chance of getting killed. As American Citizens we have to make sure all of our freedom stays intact, even at the face of a great enemy.

I do not like our two party system regardless, but there are more serious issues than this. Since the 1980s the median salary for the middle class has been a little over 40k. It has barely moved up. I care more about why that’s going on then anything. Can we get a President that can actually restore the middle class from either party?

You may not agree with my opinions, that’s fine. As an American I am entitled to my opinions. Also Romney does not impress me, and Obama saying “If I had a son he’d look like Trayvon.” That made me want to puke. How stupid for him to say something like that when all the facts are not out yet, and it makes people of other races feel like he is playing favorites. I do not like that he can jump the gun over something regarding the mainstream media, which most of us know is not fair and unbiased.

Again, this is why I do not like our two party system. As a citizen I feel it’s my duty to vote, and when we only have two weak choices(My opinion), then what the hell’s the damn point?

• barnslayer says:

Your concerns regarding the republican party are well-founded. That is the precise reason the TEA Party came about. By electing TEA Party republicans we can rebuild the party into the party of conservative values. Romney doesn’t have to impress you. But if anyone is better than oblamer. Anyone. That said I am not willing to hold my breath for another 4 years in hopes of the perfect candidate. The improvements may not come all at once but each REAL conservative we get in gets us one step closer. The point is to fight each battle to the best of our ability with what we have available. If that means voting for a half-assed version of a republican so be it. It’s way better than the alternative. And nobody said we can’t improve on Romney in 4 years. If he screws up he’s gone.