Pantsuits Quitting – Hillary Clinton Announces She’s Leaving Administration…

WASHINGTON — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton says she wants to step off the “high wire of American politics” after two decades and is again tamping down speculation that she might stay in government if President Barack Obama wins a second term.

Clinton told State Department employees on Thursday that she is ready for a rest and is paying no attention to the Republican presidential candidate debates. She said she wants to find out just how tired she is after working flat out as first lady, senator, aspiring presidential candidate and finally the top U.S. diplomat.

“I have made it clear that I will certainly stay on until the president nominates someone and that transition can occur” if Obama wins re-election, she told a town hall meeting. “But I think after 20 years, and it will be 20 years, of being on the high wire of American politics and all of the challenges that come with that, it would be probably a good idea to just find out how tired I am.”

But, she appeared to leave the door open for a possible eventual return, adding to laughter from the crowd that “everyone always says that when they leave these jobs.”

As secretary of state, Clinton is barred from partisan politics and she acknowledged that it is unusual not to be participating in this election season. But, she said she is enjoying being away from the fray and hasn’t watched any of the GOP debates.

“It is a little odd for me to be totally out of an election season,” she said. “But, you know, I didn’t watch any of those debates.”

Clinton said she expected the campaign for November’s election to “suck up a lot of the attention” normally devoted to foreign policy issues but she joked that that might actually help the State Department.

“The good news is maybe we can even get more done if they are not paying attention, so just factor that in.”  (read more)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Pantsuits Quitting – Hillary Clinton Announces She’s Leaving Administration…

1. As secretary of state, Clinton is barred from partisan politics
    YGTBKM!! Partisan politics overseas doesn’t count? These fools can say whatever they want when they have the media on their side.

2. goodkathie says:

that last comment by her says it all…

3. Interesting news.

And on this same day, my Governor and Representative (both Democrats) both announced that they will not run for re-election!

Good!

• ZurichMike says:

I think Hillary sees the political tsunami coming, and has decided she can’t swim.

• zmalfoy says:

Exactly. This was the “most graceful” point to bow out. I suspect she’s wanted to leave for a while, but didn’t want to look like she was fleeing. This was really the only moment possible. (Notice how haggard she’s looked for most of the past 2 years, to the point of slovenlyness. Not being catty, just observing the signs of a woman in mental/emotional distress)

• Ad rem says:

They say fat floats….

• Patriot Dreamer says:

Your Gov. Purdue knows that she won’t get re-elected, so she’s bowing out. I’m good with that! 🙂

4. ZurichMike says:

Madam Rodham is no dummy. She rides the coattails of the men around her until she gets smacked down, or she decides she can do better. I do not believe for one moment she wants to “rest”, unless it’s to rest up for something else better.

5. ZurichMike says:

Let’s hope she’s factored in enough time to wash her hair.

6. F.D.R. in Hell says:

Between the Worst Lady’s nasty angry face and this Hilldenburg blimp, Eleanor is looking better and better…even without any hair, or eyes, or skin. 🙂

7. ZurichMike says:

P.S. I miss Condoleeza Rice

• QuantumVerp says:

You racist!
      (Did I play that race card right?)

Anybody want to play 52 Indian Pick-up with me? (too late!)

Pick ’em up!

• Coyote says:

Oh, QuantumBurp, I get why you are sweating us.
        By being here, you hope to tarnish us by having onlookers or new people mistake you for being one of the the Rag Tag Bunch of Conservative Misfits.
        A regular, you are not.
        You are a poser. You are a hack. We know it.
        We see your game now.

• QuantumVerp says:

Today, I threw a rabbit hole at you and you caught it on your tongue!

I’m a ‘new people’ so a regular, I are not.
          A poser, a hack, and you know it? You smelled it, you dealed it.

For a game plan I would have to plan to game,
          I don’t know. Maybe so…

• Menagerie says:

Me too. My husband was a particular fan of hers.

8. Next President of World Bank

9. barnslayer says:

Quitting to distance herself from Oblahblah. “Not running for re-election”. Didn’t say anything about pushing Urkel aside and going for president herself.

10. Zauber says:

It’s going to take a big person to fill her seat.

11. texan59 says:

They WILL have to put their big girl panties on!

Photobucket

12. Nah… she’s like a combination of Terminator, Predator and Freddie Krueger. She’ll be back!

13. LIB-VET says:

looks likes shes gettin kinda fat. ha.

14. Pingback: Hillary Leaving as Obama’s Eligibility Trial(s) Move Forward… Coincidence? | askmarion