For The Sake Of Our Republic…..

What I am about to write here is troubling and may leave many conservative readers feeling uneasy and disconcerted.  But it is a truth to be discussed openly without fear, worry, or repercussions.  Indeed there are times when decisions based entirely on principle must be advocated regardless of outcome from expose’.   It is not all bad, but the underlying truth is very troubling to those, including myself, who worry about our republic.

First, honesty, integrity and principle must be the ingredients forming the primary keystone of conservatism.  We have openly engaged in those considerations here.   Right is right even if nobody does it, and wrong is wrong even if everybody does it.   So now we discuss Decepti-con manipulations and more specifically the vote on Pigford funding II.

This is a little complex so I’ll try to explain in simple terms as best I can.   Last week I read an insider article about the Pigford backstab vote on the Steven King amendment from Republicans.   In essence 78 republican members of the house chose to support the fraud that we know Pigford to be.   Those members included Allen West, Darryl Issa, and Joe Wilson.   It left us all with a WTF feeling, trying to reconcile such a stupid vote on what should have been a ‘no-brainer’ for anyone with an ounce of conservative integrity.

Many people quickly dispatched themselves into the internet of social media trying desperately to find out why some of the most assertive and visible members of the conservative movement would have caved on such a principled issue.   What they found is the same thing we found, NOTHING.   Not an article, not a mention, no explanation, just a complete void as if a massive ideological black hole had sucked up every snippet of information about it.   Indeed if you try google searching right now you will find nothing, go ahead and try, there is nothing there.  Not just from the main-stream media which we would expect, but also from conservative media, right leaning media, and even social media.  Nothing.  The entire thing just like it never took place.  No-one talking, no-one explaining, nothing.   Why?

Here is where the heartbreak comes in folks.   The reason you are seeing NOTHING is because principle has been dismissed in favor of politics.

Establishment, cocktail party Republicans (Decepticons) have a belief that the economic reality of Obama policies are going to be his undoing.   Under Obama pretty much everything to do with wealth or quality of life is bad.  Bad for everyone folks, for everyone.  Democrats, Republicans, Liberals, Progressives, Conservatives, Socialists, heck everyone.   Obama won because the largest segment of his advocacy “Black People” turned out to vote in massive numbers.  It worked.    Now however,  the basic Decepticon thinking is there is nothing to motivate them to turn out for him and do it again.   So Decepticons believe that as long as nothing provides black people with motivation Obama will lose, and they mean to keep it that way.

Hence, the Pigford vote.  It was NOT a vote on principle, or right vs. wrong, it was a vote to ensure the black constituency did not gain a rally cry to turn out and re-elect Obama.   In essence Decepticons felt it better to compromise on principle than possibly allow Obama and his black advocacy groups to have something to point at with their motivational charges of racism.   By allowing the ridiculously corrupt Pigford Settlement to continue they figure it will quiet a segment of Obama’s base and demotivate them from the polls.

Heartbroken yet?  Join the club.

Kind of makes you look at the Allen West’s and Darryl Issa’s in a different light huh?   Also, helps to explain why Mitt Romney is leading the polls, and Michelle Bachmann is being pumped up by Chris Matthews types….  Why now? It’s all Decepticon connected.

Mittens Romney is a Decepticon, Wall Street, Big Bank, elitist class dream candidate.  And to ensure that the Tea Party ain’t going to screw things up they’ll just co-opt the optics with a good dose of Michele Bachman as VP to boot.   Yup, that’ll shut up the Flag Wavers, and insure their lemming-esque votes to oust Obama and provide a streamline Decepticon into the White House.

Remember the FACT BASED reality that Michele Bachman was possibly going to be re-districted out of a job regardless of whether she won her 2010 election or not?  Remember that?  Wonder why you have not heard any more about it?   Why did the media stop talking about it…. There ya go…..   The damn reason she’s running for POTUS ain’t got nothing to do with principle or purpose, she almost got redistricted out of office.  The only thing that saved her was the face of her publicity and an inside deal to move her election adversary Tarryl Clark into a neighboring district so Clark could beat the Republican there.  Hello?   Listening?   Tea Partiers !    Bachmann’s district is now redrawn with 100,000 fewer voters/residents and Tarryl Clark moved into poor freshman Rep. Chip Cravaack’s district.  Did you wonder why Michele was the one who willingly engaged in creating the Tea Party Caucus?  Did you give her credit for being altruistic?   That decision was not based on others, it was based on self.

Did you wonder why Palin and Bachmann split their friendship along what “appeared” to be seemingly invisible ideological lines?   Did you wonder why Bachmann hired Ed Rollins?  Did you wonder why Rollins immediately attacked Palin?   Did you wonder why Bachmann views Palin as a threat?   She is.   Palin would take all the Tea Party credibility from Bachmann in a minute and thereby destroy the best laid plans of Decepticon Ticketing.   Bachmann is not running for President, she is running for Vice-President, and every Decepticon knows it.  Does this now begin to explain to you why Palin is attacked from inside the Republican Party as well as from the Media and Left?

Speaking of Ed “inside the beltway” Rollins, funny how he retains the CNN position of *cough* conservative guru, while selling the “stupid Palin” feed pellets to the ever hungry lemming media.  How about them e-mails, huh?   What’s that Ed?  Oh yeah, that’s brilliant, Michele Bachmann is the intellectual alternative to a Stoopid Sarah Palin, gee without you pointing that out we would never have noticed.   But Mr. Tingles diverges and thinks Bachmann is…., hey, wait a minute, wha?…. do I note a pattern?

Time we faced reality.   The Decepticons are creating and manipulating the narrative here.  Sliding Michele into VP slot with Romney will align the decepticon ticket quite nicely thank you.   All the while the “Investment Class” can begin to construct the next financial windfall from Cap-n-Trade, Carbon Tax, and Green initiatives, they are creating the new bubble as we speak.  They won’t create jobs, but ‘boy howdy’ they sure will create wealth.  And all of that precursory monetary planning needs to ensure that Romney is the guy to facilitate it so we’d better gain a few insurance policies.

Enter Jon Huntsman.  Who?  Jon Huntsman, the decepticon high-priced back up QB insurance policy in case first string QB Romney gets knocked out by a good dose of Romneycare bashing.  Romney, Huntsman, same/same.  Either one will do nicely, and to insure the pesky Tea Party/ground dwellers in flyover country don’t screw up the master plan we’ll team ya up with Bachmann the palatable constitutionalist.  Yeah, Bachmann that intellectual alternative to stupid Palin.  That will get the Tea Partying lemmings to follow our scent trail into the polls, pull the right lever, get their feed pellet, and leave fulfilled.

Well there is the truth.   You can skewer me now or later it really don’t matter, but I’ll be damned if the hidden agenda will stay secret on my watch.  People of many divergent views don’t like a straight talkin’ Cracker, perhaps you won’t either, but I ain’t ever gonna lie about the risk to our Republic.

Now, what are you going to do to push back and expose the Decepticons ?

Here is a Link to Brietbarts attempt at exposing the Decepticons.
Here is a link to Steve King’s Ammendment.  And a Video Explanation

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

124 Responses to For The Sake Of Our Republic…..

1. Sharon says:

Makes more sense than any other “explanation” (or under-the-rug-lumping) I’ve seen. Finding out that things are more advanced and worse than we thought is good news, because then we deal with real things. Being disillusioned is a positive thing. We are all quite weary of illusions from what I can tell. I just gave it all one read-through….but it makes sense. Some Occam’s Razor and some informed research. The redistricting with Bachmann and the strange distance that Bachmann created between herself and Sarah makes more sense if this is what’s happening. Very interesting.

• stellap says:

I agree, Sharon. Having an explanation is somehow reassuring. Now we know what we are dealing with.

• zmalfoy says:

Sharon,
      I believe it to be a reflection of the state of our society that I saw the words “under-the-rug-lumping” and it registered in my brain as “under-the-rug-humping”. I’m not entirely sure what that would be, exactly, but there’s some things a girl doesn’t need to know.

On a more serious note . . . I agree. This makes more sence than anything else I’ve seen thus far. . .

2. AFinch says:

Thanks Sundance. This Pigford vote is just another form of vote buying and insidious racism–“better pay off the black voters before they cause trouble.”. How insulting. I’ll be Reposting this elsewhere and sending a link to Rush. I suggest some others call it to Breitbart’s attention.

• stellap says:

I wonder if Rush doesn’t already know, based on how he has been treating Sarah lately. Still, it’s good to send him a link. I’ll do it too.

• Sharon says:

I had noticed that….about Rush, with re to Sarah…..and hadn’t even tried to figure it out. Just noticed.

• stellap says:

Done.

• AFinch says:

What do you mean? I haven’t been listening closely.

• stellap says:

His comments have been very favorable towards Sarah. He fostered discussion about why Republican women hate Sarah Palin, took calls, and basically shot down negative flack on the air. He did that purposely, IMO, to draw out the poison.

• GracieD says:

You beat me to it! I thought I was just being too hopeful. 😀 He has also mentioned the opinions of his “Republican Elite” friends re Sarah. He said that he asks them…”so, Palin’s not qualified…what…you want 4 more years of Obama?”

• AFinch says:

:-). He’s very high on West too–or was at one time. I keeping my head on a swivel and my powder dry.

• Sharon says:

Tomorrow should be very interesting….to see if and how he addresses the Pigford thing. I don’t recall that he made a big deal of it earlier except to explain it….Hannitty was hotter about it so may have to listen to him. He may very well try to get West on to talk about it…or others to voted against the amendment. I don’t listen to Hannitty steadily. Can’t deal with his tendence to sound like an adolescent holding the floor! and letting libs rant on and on.

• Sharon says:

What I’ve noticed Rush doing is voluntarily introducing open-ended statements about Sarah, and volunteering positive information and opinions and observations about her, which he wasn’t doing six months ago.

• GracieD says:

Rush always says “Don’t doubt me.” I think we should trust him. We can also trust Levin, Beck, and possibly Hannity (he seems too cozy with the Decepticons). Rush, Levin, and Beck, I trust for sure. Their heart is in the right place. Hannity I mostly trust, but not completely.

• Sharon says:

Generally speaking, I trust Hannitty’s heart, but I get tired of his schtick.

• tnwahm says:

Agree with that. I can’t listen to Hannitty’s radio show.

• G8rMom7 says:

I can’t stand Hannity’s radio show because of the callers he allows on. When Levin gets some lefty loon he always yells at them “go call Hannity ya idiot!” LOL

• Sharon you are very correct and with Hannity all I can say is be careful cause when you play with dirt you get dirty. Facts. And he does seem to be more about his image and vanity is not a good thing either. Those who are strong are usually not interested in what others think of them but of their agenda of what they have to say.

• Theo Benetis says:

If you trust Levin, you can probably trust Hannity–they’re glove & hand buddies.

3. GracieD says:

Sunshine is the best disinfectant! Pat is exactly right, it is good to know what we are up against!

4. garnette says:

I have never been a fan of Bachmann, so I guess this doesn’t surprise me. She seemed to have come out of nowhere and from being in the House and now running for president just from supporting the Tea Party. It sounded like she was biting off more than she could chew, to me. Now, I see what was going on behind the scenes that draws the lines between the dots. Of course, tearing down Palin gives her brownie points against her “tea party” stance with the cocktail conservatives.

5. stellap says:

I sent an email to Breitbart. Think I’ll send one to Hannity too.

6. Sharon says:

And I HAD wondered about the Chris Mathews/Bachmann thing. That made NO sense to me, and I just skimmed the info. Made my stomach turn because I knew there was something there I didn’t understand.

So, basically, Sundance, does this picture do what I think it does and literally make them all quite racist in their political decision-making???….because they’re humoring the blacks to control the black vote??? That’s disgusting. And if that is what they have done, it is also deliberate.

I can understand the head-swivel, Finch.

7. G8rMom7 says:

Okay, I feel sick. Sundance, this makes total sense…but wow, the fact that we are seeing this NO WHERE. We can’t even really rely on Fox news anymore because they are pushing for Romney and come to think of talking very positively of Bachmann too.

What’s scarier, is that it seems like there is a small group on the right who understand the big picture like Sundance. Then there is a larger group of establishment Repub’s (Decepticons) who are working behind the scenes…basically their motivation is greed. Then there is a medium size group of far left liberal loons who want Obama to be a dictator. THEN there is the majority of people in this country that are just plain clueless. They want everything to remain as status quo and basically stick their head in the sand.

How do we proceed Obi Wan Kenobi?

• Sharon says:

….and what else don’t we know?

• stellap says:

Good question, G8rMom. All we can do right now is make as much noise as possible. Sending emails tonight is helpful – at least I feel like I’m doing something and, I hope that it does some good.

• G8rMom7 says:

I just posted a link to this on 4 of my most active and vocal conservative friends on FB. I have another one and I’m hesitant since he is such a Ron Paul freak, I don’t particularly want to give him more reason to bash all the rest of them…including Palin.

• Oh Gatormom, how you get right to the heart of it….. indeed “what now”? You are driven patriot and I gotta tell you it were’nt easy to write this thread. Indeed it is pretty darned hard for me not to become a co-dependent….. I have to continually force myself to evaluate how I am looking at things because I have a tendency to trust until I get sucker punched. Hence, I make an earnest effort to research, research, research, just to make sure I am not creating my own echo-chamber inside my own mind and missing the obvious warning signs.

First step in not getting sucker punched, blind sided, or ambushed is to know what you are walking into. So right now I think it’s best to just continue evaluation and praying for guidance.

However, with that said. I swear right now the only one in politics I trust is Sarah. Even when I take a Devils advocate position on her views I still find myself with incredible “TRUST” for her. That is the foundation for my respect. If I can trust you, I’ll crawl over broken glass to help you. Right now I can say I trust Palin. Everything else, I’m praying for assistance with…..

• G8rMom7 says:

It’s funny the personal relationship I feel like I have with Sarah…and I’ve never even met her. I saw her speak twice…once during the 08 campaign when she was in town, and then at the Restoring Honor Rally. My daughter got on the local news while she waited in line to get her autograph during her book tour for Going Rogue. The lead in for the news that day was “11 year old says smart people support Palin.” Her exact quote was “not that many people support her, but the smart ones do and that’s why I’m here.”

I have four kids to her five but I had my last one when I was 42 as she had her last one at 43 or 44. Obviously, I relate to her like I relate to no one else in the public eye. When she gets hit by the media, I feel like they are taking a shot at me personally. It’s actually taken a lot of work to separate myself from her because it was really unhealthy for me. I was actually losing sleep…silly, I know.

Funny, when she first retired from the Governorship before Going Rogue came out, I was like an addict that couldn’t get a fix. You couldn’t find out anything about her…she wasn’t doing very many interviews or anything. Sort of why I got so active on HB, because that was one of the few places where you could find out anything about her.

Then after Going Rogue and then the deal with Fox News, followed by Bristol on DWTS and then the mini-reality series and I started to agree with my husband that she was getting OVER-exposed. I started thinking she was just out to promote herself and while I didn’t fault her for that (capitalism at it’s finest), I stopped thinking of her as a Presidential candidate and more of just a celebrity.

Up until Friday I still supported her, but if I could have my first choice it would have been Allen West. I think it was a little safer for me to think of HIM running instead of Sarah. After all, I’m not anything like him (although I respected him immensely). But when he got attacked 1. I knew he could take care of himself because of his military background and 2. it didn’t feel like they were attacking me personally.

But it seems that God is not letting me off the hook that easily. Looks like I’m going to have to go all-in for Sarah and take the hits as they come. I just hope I’m able to get some sleep through it all. 🙂

• cjmartel says:

I agree, Palin is the only one left worth voting for! However between the MSM and the Mainstream republicans, they are going to crucify her! What is really sad is the fact that these politicians just don’t get how ANGRY Americans are getting, working Americans, that is, and we all know how few of us are left.
        This type of behavior cannot go on much longer, and therein lies the danger. A person who is reputable and unscrupulous could take advantage of the discord and basically take over the whole country in the name of freedom, then where will we be?

• Sharon says:

You’re right. Tyranny very easily moves in on chaos, and is welcomed by the foolish majority who just want the chaos to stop. Then where will be? We will be a repressed, unfree, failed democracy populated by some who are fighting to regain freedom and some are taking down the names of the first group and turning them in, in order to gain favor with the tyrant’s representatives.

That’s where we’ll be. Ask the citizens of Zimbabwe how fast a nation can go from freedom on all fronts to a destroyed infrastructure and “freedom” only for those who are in power. Zimbabwe went from a lovely and thriving agricultural nation to economic wreckage and collapse with internal refugees, no medical care, all the “homes of the wealthy” (read: homes of those who worked and hired others to work) burned to the ground, the landowners (who were citizens as well) fleeing for their very lives….and all of that happened in a very short time. Less than 10 years, as I recall. I’m on the run and don’t have time to check the dates. But Zimbabwe is a heartache that may illustrate our future

• GracieD says:

“I honestly don’t think we have any hope other than Palin and I’m not convinced ANYONE could survive the onslaught when it’s coming from both the left and the right!”

G8rMom, you and I are on the same page here! Sarah’s Trust s in God, whom she knows will bear her up, and help her when she needs His help. /you can look all the way back to the Revolutionary War, and see God’s hand in the fight for Liberty. He has seen us through all of the times that should have destroyed us. I am praying that He dos not remove His hand from America at the time when we need Him most! My faith is what sustains me at times like this.

• It si more of the same just in a different alley. And you wonder why Palin is not on the panels or on the floor going head to head with them. It is a complete waste of energy and time. What she is doing now is trying to muster up the you’s and me’s and get our acts together because it is US and only US who can bring the monsters down. The peop[le have to do it and they must be the ones who choose the next leader and not the parties. This makes me sick to my guts because it only confirms what my gut is telling me alreagy and we have so very little time to achieve this and both parties know that and are counting on the distractions to take away from what Palin is doing. So MARK my words now, there are going to be a lot of distractions to take us away from what we should be focused on. And this whole Lybia thing is just one small distraction and Nobama will casue more in the days to come and the Pubs will allow some of it for their own reasons to further theri agneda also. I won’t be surprised if Nobama tries to start another war just for distraction and political gain. Cause one can be done through policies too don’t forget. The spin will come from the media also and all it does is eat up more of the timeclock on the playing field. This is their game and they will succeed if we don’t get our acts together in a short amount of time. They have controll of the timeclock!!!

8. G8rMom7 says:

You know one thing Michele Bachmann has been completely honest about….even before she decided to run, she was saying she is going to do anything and everything she can to make sure Obama doesn’t get another term. I guess that included losing some integrity. Sad. I do like her, but just like the left, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

And isn’t it really stupid? I mean, Breitbart and his team (which includes some liberal writers too) are NOT going to let this go. What goes around, comes around.

• Sharon says:

Breitbart has really proven, I think, in the last couple weeks that he doesn’t think he has anything worth protecting–to lose–by risking it all. (sorry about that succession of words…not typos!!!)…I don’t want to over-praise the guy, but he’s the Marlboro Man of Conservative News Sites in my heart.

• GracieD says:

“I guess that included losing some integrity.”

I do not understand why she would be willing to lose some integrity, but, lose it she has! I was always taught that your honor and integrity are all you really have, and you should always preserve both.

9. garnette says:

Tie this into the birth certificate issues and I think you will see an even bigger picture.

10. G8rMom7 says:

I just also sent this to a popular political blogger here in Florida named Tom Tillson. Ooh, I just thought of another Tea Party leader I know that I can send it to.

11. GracieD says:

Just tweeted Allen West:

@Allen West Pigford Mistake? Pls Xplain. Right is right if nobody does it, wrong is wrong if evrybdy does it. Is Honor Lost?

• GracieD says:

I’m not trying to be disrespectful, I just want an answer.

• garnette says:

I get why West and other voted the way they did. I think his comment about making a mistake is in that he thought we the people would trust him to vote the way he sees best. He is a man who has been trained in military strategy, which I bet sometimes meant that he learned to look beyond what was happening immediately and look long term. In doing the same thing, the pieces just fall into place. Besides, I am surprised that Boehner let this bill come up for vote if the votes were not in place. I don’t think he wants to show a disjointed party in Congress….so I wonder what is the story behind it coming up without the votes in place.

• Sharon says:

For their purposes, it appears the votes were in place. The apparently got the outcome they thought they needed.

I think the only thing that didn’t work out as they expected is that a sizeable enough section of the electorate has blown their tops (that would be us) and have been screaming ever since the vote results became known. Apparently there are deletions and word changes on public records happening based on comments yesterday. Boehner apparently got the result he wanted, so there’s no reason to not let the vote come up.

I think West’s mistake was not understanding what “we the people” were literally trusting him to do: “the RIGHT thing”……and I really get annoyed with the idea of “voting with their constituents” if what their constituents want is not right.

I think this is actually a GOOD MESS…..because something is being dragged into the light here.

• garnette says:

I think West did do the right thing, even though an hour ago I wouldn’t have said that. I have put a bunch of stuff together in my head that to me explains his decision. It just doesn’t look like it from our point of view and how we are putting the pieces together of what we know. Like I said at the end, he is trained in military strategy so his decisions may not look like the right ones as we look at this battle, but for the long term it is the right choice, and I don’t mean in terms of only his re-election in 2012.

• Sharon says:

Maybe I’m missing something here….you think it was right that he voted to continue funding for a fraudulent pig-trough of funds to give to people who are lying about their “farming failures” in order to get the money? I don’t care what his reasons, political or otherwise, are: I don’t see how that can be “right.”

If it’s “the right thing to do in order to get elected,” well then I guess it’s just every guy sells out to the highest bidder. How can that be “right?” Sell out short term for long term good stuff?

• garnette says:

No it has nothing to do with him getting reelected, well it kind of does but not really. It has to do with the really, really big picture of things. It really has to do with how we are putting the pieces together and how he put the pieces together to make his decision of how to vote.

• Here’s a THOUGHT. Perhaps the comment by Allen West “I’m Mortal, I made a mistake” was more about his failure to principle than to his failure to vote correctly.

Maybe, just maybe, he knows following the Party Talking Point and allowing black people their fraud money to keep em off the polls was not morally or principly correct. Maybe, just maybe, he was apologizing for his lack of moral character, as opposed to an apology for a mental mistake.

• G8rMom7 says:

That would make me feel better about him. Because it’s the whole “I made a mistake” thing that bugged me in the first place. Sundance and GracieD making Mom7 feel better with each post…woot!

12. jimmy says:

The article is wrong about Paul Ryan. He voted for the KIng Amendment, that is: He voted to DEFUND the corrupt Pigford settlement.

• Thank you. You are correct, it was Ryan (OH), not Ryan (WI), however all others are correct… Including Joe “you lie” Wilson (R-SC). On Agreeing to the Amendment. Article edited accordingly. Thanks again.

Point and emphasis still stands. How can any conservative vote “no” on approval of Steve King ammendment. As Breitbart and many others previously pointed out, voting to approve this fraud is indefensible and all who voted NO should be openly shunned and called to account.

• jimmy says:

I agree with you. The other “conservatives” are not real conservatives. Thanks for posting this article because it brought out some things about Bachmann’s redistricting that I did not know. that was her 30 pieces of silver for trying to knife Palin. It opened my eyes about some other faux oncervatives like Greg Harper from MS and Jeff Landry and Charles Boustany from LA. I already knew Krist iNoem was a ROmneybot and not to be trusted. The ranks of the “Decepticons” (as you so aptly call them) are large indeed.

Shining the light on these cockroaches is the best disinfectant. Thanks.

• WeeWeed says:

I do hope so, Jimmy, because I admire Paul Ryan.

13. Gypsy says:

Well damn, that never occured to me. I had a dozen other reasons in mind but none of them came to be. Politics as usual.

14. Wow. Just wow. Stellar post, SD. Tweeted it to Breitbart.

15. Outstanding. Hoping and praying this goes uber-viral.

• G8rMom7 says:

Keep us posted on anything you learn about this situation Dagny. We have all been interested to hear you take…especially on West’s part in this mess.

• Haven’t heard anything regarding West. Have heard the “Michelle Bachmann is totally running for Romney VP” from other sources, though. It is just stupefying that out of 310 million people we can’t come up with even ONE politician with a scrap of integrity. It’s all about pimping, tricking, and hustling with these degenerates.

• G8rMom7 says:

I have a few friends who totally feel that it’s not the playa’s…it’s the game. And I sort of understand their point. The current two-party system basically makes it impossible to not “play politics” in order to get elected (usually with the best of intentions). One of these friends feels like we should just abolish the parties all together and everyone just runs on their own independent platform. Seems simple enough, but it seems like we just too deep in it and it’s going to basically take someone or something just blowing up the whole system….I’m not talking about the Constitution mind you…i mean the current two party system and election process.

Whenever I have these thoughts I think of a scene from Seinfeld where Jerry tells Elaine who policemen should also be cleaning people “catch a criminal, and then get back to sweeping”. Elaine says to Jerry “You should run for mayor” and Jerry says the perfect line…

“meh, nobody listens”.

• amjean says:

There is one candidate – research her record – her name is Sarah Palin!

• Ann, is your blog down? I’m getting “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage” when I go to http://barnhardt.biz/

16. G8rMom7 says:

One other thing….where does Ron Paul fall into this? Do Decepticons not think of him as a legitimate candidate? I think he is underestimated as well…A LOT of kids and college ages kids really like his message. All he needs is a little organization and he could really bring out as large of a youth vote as Obama did. Now getting them all to register as Republicans and then to vote in a primary…well, not so sure about that. But he is much more serious of a contender in 2012 than he was in 2008. A lot of the stuff he was saying in 2008 that everyone said was so crazy is becoming mainstream now, especially when it comes to the Fed.

• Sharon says:

This may be completely uninformed and shallow on my part, but here goes: Ron Paul’s perennial candidacy reminds me of Pat Buchanan’s years of doing the same thing. There’s always a predictable “support base,” there’s very little evidence of any actual activity on the “candidate’s” part (iow, acting like a candidate, doing the work, etc.). Regardless of how attractive his ideas might be, I have always had the impression that he enjoys the role of being seen as candidate, but actually doesn’t intend to be a candidate. It just seems like he’s forever talking about something he never actually does. I get annoyed with trying to figure out if he even cares about it, or is just enjoying his every four years 15 minutes in the sun. What am I misconstruing? Is he a serious candidate?

• texan59 says:

Ron Paul is a very nice man with a number of good ideas. However, he will never be taken seriously by the masses. He is also @75 years old. That is about 10 years past an electable age (IMO). Not real sure I want him running the military. Treasury – yes.

• Ron Paul is a distant drumbeater. While it is true his “truisms” are finally being recognized as accurate, and his predictions are coming into clarity, he is not a problem solver; he is a problem identifier. Again, I repeat a basic question. If Ron Paul is such a fiscal hawk then why is the Republican budget the “Ryan Plan” as opposed to the “Paul Plan”?

Ron Paul is great at talking, and he has great talking points, but what does he actually do? Nothing. He just continues the conversation. He’s like the guy on the bridge of the ship who knows the ship is headed in the wrong direction, but when given the opportunity to take the wheel, “whoa, yikes, no thanks” he says, you see he doesn’t actually know which direction to steer.

His son has actually legislated more in his freshman year as a senator than his father as a severly tenured congressman (over tenured in my book). Show me a Ron Paul budget proposal, show me a Ron Paul Medicare saving proposal, show me a Ron Paul fiscal proposal of any kind and I’ll give him more credit. Until then just saying “we’re going broke”, “stuff ain’t right”, “we are headed in the wrong direction” et al, ain’t gonna fix a hill of beans.

• Sharon says:

Ok then. So I’m not crazy. Don’t need to answer this….but I don’t get why Ron Paul fans (and so many of them young people) are so adamant about him. Maybe it’s just because they actually understand some of what he’s saying and just aren’t old enough yet to also understand that just because someone says something that is true does not automatically qualify them for either a campaign or the Presidency. In my opinion, he wastes the energy of a lot of highly motivated young people, making them think they’re really accomplishing something, when all they’re doing is enjoying a pep rally.

• Did you ever see that show on Discovery Channel, or Animal Planet (I think), called “Whale Wars”. If so, there is your answer.

If not, well the show is about 40 or 50 twenty somethings (look like hippies remind you of Paulbots), on a big ship running around the artic circle trying to stop Whalers. The captain of the ship is like Ron Paul, the crew is his raving fans. The show follows their efforts and noble as they are they have never stopped a whale from being killed. But the show has been on for a couple of years, and lots of people watch it (I guess) and the kids believe in the noble cause they follow. They are a lovable bunch of gen-xers, and millenials, I guess…. but they don’t actually accomplish much.

They do bring attention to the plight of the whales though.

17. ZurichMike says:

I think we are entering the Tin Foil Hat alternate universe of politics. Please remember that Reagan also voted for many costly liberal initiatives that went beyond his principled stand, and no one thinks the worse for him.

Did West campaign on Pigford?

• ZurichMike says:

Regarding Decepticons and the purported Romney / Bachmann president / VP slots, I don’t think someone angling to be VP would issue a statement like this (from Politico, but also posted on freerepublic): “In a statement released this afternoon, Michele Bachmann takes the Susan B. Anthony List’s anti-abortion pledge as an opportunity to throw the flip-flopper label at Mitt Romney: “It is distressing that Governor Romney refuses to sign the SBA Pledge, even while claiming to be pro-life. The excuses for not signing clearly continue the doubts about his leadership and commitment to ending the practice of abortion – particularly for a candidate who ran as pro-choice for the Senate and Governorship of Massachusetts.”

So I don’t think Michelle is a Romney plant.

• Oh, I don’t think she is a Romney plant at all. Not what I am saying or inferring. I am saying she is a part of the “decepticon” plan. Those who select candidates and orchastrate the election. The “investment class” of big government types, with real money to engage on political outcomes. Those cigar smoke filled, corinthian leather chair rooms are where these manipulations are created. It is within that closed door circle of influence that the narrative and agenda is drawn with quiet, but distinct covert manipulations. Those folks are betting Wall Street on Cap-n-Trade, Carbon Trade, Globull Warming as an investment opportunity dudes.

Bachmann isn’t the end, she’s the tool to get the desired end. We all agree that Romney is not the best thing for average common folk “Lemming” Americans. But what better way to avoid the possibility of the Tea Party influence than to co-opt the Tea Party itself and establish/promote a “fake” self serving Tea Party candidate to help insure the folks below the fly over class just blindly walk into the polls and pull the right lever.

By putting Michele Bachmann (percieved as Tea Party purity) together with their chosen Big Government puppet Romney they can ensure that those pesky Tea Partiers don’t screw up their Master Plan.

She ain’t a plant of Romney, she is a participant in the Decepticon agenda. THAT’S what I’m saying, and all signs point in that direction. You’ve got to have noticed how self-serving her narrative is and how much time she spent away from her own constituency advancing a “Bigger Self”. Hiring the ultimate insider Ed Rollins insured her inside beltway crustless sandwich cred, whilst talking up just the right verbage to keep the Tea Party loyalists on her team.

And the Media is selling her as an intellectual alternative to a stupid Palin now, that much is obvious.

• MRM says:

I think you summed that up well and it makes sense. With regard to your last line “…alternative to a stupid Palin…” I’ve definitely noticed that as well. I’m looking forward to Palin’s documentary being released – hopefully it will help.

• Not to mention that this sh!t goes down all the time…they cut each others throats in the primary and then once the winner is picked they fall all over themselves to be the running mate…or the SoS..

• tnwahm says:

I see Bachmann’s statement as being able to convince us “bitter clingers” to vote for the ticket even if Romney gets the nomination. I have family that will NOT vote for someone that is not Pro-life. This way, they get the “best” of both worlds; Mittens who isn’t very Pro-life for those that disdain “social issues” and a strong Pro-life candidate as VP.

• Sharon says:

ZM, I respect you and learn from every single post (and photos) you share…. so I will dare to ask the question, as of a friend who knows way more than I do:

Do really you see the funding of the Pigford payoffs (which I understand have been determined to be, by and large, fraudulent both in intent and implementation) as being simply a “costly liberal initiative?” I truly don’t want to wear a Tin Foil Hat….for one thing, they’re blasted hard to coordinate with sweatshirts and jeans and besides that, I’d probably slice my fingers open handling them.

I think it’s daylight where you are, and it’s after midnight here….appointments in the morning, so I’m outta here…..iow, don’t assume I’m ignoring any answer you might leave here. Have a good Monday, wherever you are. 🙂

18. gruntofmontecristo says:

Excellent word-slingin’, Sundance, and nice work getting picked up by BigFurHat. I was over there earlier and just about dropped my bourbon when I saw your big old butt-kickin’ gravatar on his site. I just know we’re gonna see you on the Sunday afternoon pudit shows by the end of the summer.

19. TXMom says:

Great piece, Sundance. Faxing and calling all 78 Gutless Repubs this week! I don’t know if you have posted this already, but this is by Lee Stranahan:”I was a guest on the David Webb Show on Sirius / XM Patriot today, along with Congressman Steve King. Here’s an amazing story from Rep. King.”

20. butchcracker says:

SmileyCentral.com

21. lanahi says:

I wonder what OTHER bills have been passed or failed, or simply didn’t come up for a vote, because they didn’t want to motivate the leftist voters? Hispanics, blacks, unions, seniors, etc., etc, etc.

• Sharon says:

That’s the sense of what I was feeling and couldn’t get at….for crying out loud, I guess once people are elected and put in office, there needs to be a cadre of We The People Babysitters following them around.

22. fishymish says:

On Joyce Kaufman’s radio show on Friday West admitted he made a mistake. Check out his Weekly Update this week.

23. Persephone says:

I have been upset over this whole thing ever since I first read about it a few days ago.

The only ‘good reason’ [if there is such a thing in this case] that I can possibly think of…is that the R’s who voted ‘No’ are wanting to keep the funding in place so they can redirect it towards the farmers who are actually deserving of it.
    Farmers are hurting right now, with the drought and other natural disasters, and there are a lot of them who won’t make it without some help.
    Beyond that, I can’t think of a good reason why West, Issa and Wilson would do such a thing.

LtCol. West usually sends out his weekly Newsletter on Mondays.
    I am watching for it today, more than ever.
    Hopefully he will give us his reasons for voting the way he did.

• If you find out please let us know. Also, if he does not say anything, we would like to know that too. Silence or an explanation/excuse, either way could you follow up after you get the update please? Much appreciated 🙂

24. G8rMom7 says:

Just read Lt. Col Allen West’s weekly update on Facebook. This is the ONLY thing he says re: Pigford…

Ugh. (that was from me…not part of the quote).

• WTF is that? What is he saying, he voted No by accident? Help!!! Is that what he’s saying? Seriously. Does he support Pigford or not? What kind of a vauge obfuscation duck and cover mention is this?

Ugh, ugh, ugh, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot !!!

25. Persephone says:

I just read that too…it’s in his weekly Newsletter.
    It was tacked onto his explanation of why he voted for HR 2112.

Here is the entire thing:
    ——————————-
    “- FY 2012 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations – On Thursday, June 16, the House approved H.R. 2112 by a vote of 217-203, I voted YES. The bill would provide a total of $17.25 billion in non-emergency, discretionary budget authority in FY 2012 for government programs funded through the Agriculture and Rural Development Appropriations Act. The bill would represent a decrease of $2.67 billion or 13 percent below the FY 2011 funding level and a reduction of $5.03 billion or 22 percent below the President’s request. H.R. 2112 meets and surpasses House Republican’s pledge by bringing discretionary budget authority for Agriculture and related agencies down to nearly FY 2006 spending levels.

————————————

So…it was an “Ooops”?
    Ugh.

26. Judy in CA says:

You know, nobody’s perfect and Col West (Rep. West) is a freshman member of Congress. Come on people, be a little more forgiving. Do you really want to be so inflexible as to get Obama back for another 4 years? i sure as heck don’t. It seems to me that anyone who disagrees w/you in any way is unacceptable. Period. Ronald Reagan wasn’t perfect either but he was the best there was. e have to figure out who is the best we can get and try not to let the LSM pick our candidate again.

• Sorry Judy, I’m forgiving but not stupid. West just doubled down on stupid. That non-explanation explanation is ridiculous. Are you really asking us to believe that after you sit on EVERY meeting of the CBC at which Pigford is a HIGH priority, and after every submitted congressional talking point from the CBC regarding Pigford, and after specifically having knowlege of forethought on the ammendment attached to the bill, you made all other votes to 39 ammendments accurately but screwed up on the one ammendment which stands in opposition to the primary caucus you sit on? Seriously? Seriously?

And the ammendment just coincidentally happens to be race-based favorable and you just happen to have made an error in favor of the same coincidental race based caucus? Seriously?

That’s what you are wanting me to believe now.

Two weeks ago, a guy was selling a similarly stretched explanation for how a picture of his penis ended up on the internet…. That explanation made about as much sense as “oops, my bad” from Allen West.

So Judy I ask you:
      Which was worse, the pic of Weiner’s penis or the lying to cover it up.?
      Which is worse, the vote to support Pigford, or the feeble excuse to cover it up?

• Judy in CA says:

Not saying i agree w/his vote or his apology. At least he apologized and he is Conservative. He voted the same as Saint Lois Capps, Marxist, CA, the Congresscritter from my district, who is every bit as bad as Pelosi, Weiner, et al. Only difference is, idiots think she is “such a nice person”. BS. She is a nurse who not only believes in but supports abortion and even partial birth abortion. She is a far-left extremist who doesn’t even let Republicans in her “public meetings.” But i digress, my point is, no one is going to be in lockstep w/you and I am a Conservative before i am a Republican, but must respectfully disagree w/condemning Rep West for this transgression. People in his district need to let him know how they feel and that they are watching him closely, but please don’t throw the man in the trash.

• G8rMom7 says:

Poor Judy…I feel for ya! I agree I would not throw him in the trash. I would support him wholeheartedly for another run at Congress in 2012 for Dist 22. I’ve just given up the hope of him being our next president.

Also, regarding California…i was just reading an article about a parent in California who has filed a class action lawsuit against Chuck E. Cheese. Was it about how unsanitary it is? Or health regulations? Nooooo…they say the games are in violation of California’s gaming laws because many of them are games of chance. They are asking for 5 million in damages. My response was “ONLY in California!

• Judy in CA says:

GatorMom: No need to feel sorry for me. i choose to live here because I love the Pacific Ocean and love to drive my liberal neighbors nuts. They refer to my yard as a Sign Farm for 60 days before every election. Some signs get vandalized only to be replaced ASAP. I very much respect and admire Allen West, but do not believe he will make a bid for the Oval Office in 2012, but who knows? His time will come. I hope he replies to your FP comment. Keep letting him know where you stand (am sure it’s not necessary to tell you that,) at least you have a Congressman who is likely to listen to you. Nice meeting you – keep up the good work.

• G8rMom7 says:

God bless you…I wouldn’t have the strength to live there but I admit I truly believe it is the most beautiful and weather diverse state in the nation. It breaks my heart to see it being taken over by people who will ultimately make it almost impossible to make a profit on your business. Hopefully more people like you will be able to influence the state’s direction. Hope I didn’t offend…I’ve just had quite a few friends who have recently given up and moved to Texas. But I can certainly understand wanting to live in such a beautiful place!

• Judy, sorry if my frustration is hitting the keyboard and I am sounding gruff, I promise under normal circumstances I am not so, well, grouchy. And I lost my manners and never even said Hello. Sorry for my being curt and not welcoming.

That said it is not about throwing Allen West away, it is about trying to understand. His explanation/non-explanation makes no sense at all. This is a man known for attention to every detail. He prides himself in being crisp, polished, thoughtful, intellectual, and the military discipline to carry him self with keen awareness.

If he screwed up and just said “I made a mistake in supporting Pigford funding, it was unintentional and I am wrong, I do support the King Ammendment and I did not mean to cast my vote otherwise”… Well that makes sense. Or if he said “I made a mistake, I compromised my principles on behalf of the Republican Party and voted for a flawed bill based on flawed logic”…. that makes sense too.

But to say ….” There were some 40 amendments to this piece of legislation and there are those who questioned my NO vote on Rep. Steve King’s amendment on Pigford. I accept full responsibility for not doing a complete due diligence and personal research on this amendment. I am mortal and a fallible human being who seeks to do his best daily, and improve as such.”….

What exactly is he saying here? Does he support Pigford or not? Was it an honest mistake as in checked the wrong box; or was it a mistake in principle as in I voted the wrong way and should have known better? You see the fog he created…. And given this mans propensity for clarity, it seems a little odd he would be allowing himself to speak unclearly.

It looks like he is spinning something after taking 3 days to contemplate the optics.

• Judy in CA says:

Sundance: Thank you for the civil and intelligent reply. I understand your argument and your frustration. All I’m hoping is that his constituents will give him the input he deserves, ask him the question you are asking and demand a reply.
            Conservatives are hard to come by in California and my district is about 500 meters from Rep Kevin McCarthy, a fairly good conservative. He is not perfect either, but he’s a hellova lot better than most California pols, even the Republicans. To a conservative in California a man like Allen West would be a God send.
            At least you did not insult me or this hopeless left-wing state. Guess this conversation has been run into the ground. Thanks again for your reply and your civility. Got to this site through iOTW & plan on
            returning. You are a good thinker and quite articulate.

• Sharon says:

Judy, DH and I lived in CA for 30 years (Antelope Valley and SFV)…we do not insult Californians either! It was so devastating to watch what was happening…we got out in 1993, and were so relieved to be away, even though we raised our sons there. We enjoyed particular aspects of California for all those years, and certainly still have many longtime friends with whom we stay in touch. Conservatives in California are a treasure. The fact that you’ve been overrun by the welfare mentality from below and the leftist political mentality from the top is ugly business. Your value is high! Hang on! We can’t know what eventual outcomes will be for any of us. It’s not always easy to keep a level head and that’s fact. Welcome to the tree….hope you find a branch that suits you for your use whenever you drop by.

• gfcandinthatorder says:

Judy, can’t say I agree with you but keep up the good sign work. In these rough times we need to judge our leaders by their actions and not by what they say. I cannot vote for someone who says he got on the plane but isn’there. Go figure. And who said Pelosi was a nice person? I hope most of that mud you live next to doesn’t rub off. I should not preach as I live in the most lib state there is, although I am in a jungle holed up away. I hope we all learn to judge our leaders by the fruit they bear and not how the media, looks or gossip says they are. God knows the heart that is for sure and in this case it’s in the vote that has been cast forever.

27. Beacon Meat says:

If this is true, BHO will be tiptoeing right back into the WH. Politicians are making politics irrelevant.

28. G8rMom7 says:

Just posted this on his FB page…

Not happy about the Pigford vote. While I can accept a “mistake” and don’t expect you to be perfect, but I’d like to understand a little more on how this “mistake” happened. I find it hard to believe you didn’t know the history on this fraud as I’m sure they talked about it extensively in the CBC. Again, how was this mistake made? Did you not know that the Pigford amendment was part of this bill? Did a staffer give you incorrect information? I am more bothered by the explanation than I am about the vote by the way.

29. AFinch says:

Sounds like the level of frustration is rising. Haven’t read the RedState piece so don’t know what Erikson is fired up about, but I suspect it is along the same lines as what we’re discussing here–we the people are tired of being jerked around and ripped off. http://biggovernment.com/mikeflynn/2011/06/20/hey-conservatives-the-time-for-pledges-is-over/#idc-cover

30. gfcandinthatorder says:

Has Patin commented on this at all?