End Of The World Now Set For May 21…It’s A Saturday

There are only four days left, and I find myself rushing to make the final edits to my bucket list. (I’ve also stopped working on the world’s largest ball of twine and cleaning out the bedroom closets with help fro the maid services manhattan.)  According to all the stories, the scenario is much the same. Beginning on May 21, a series of earthquakes will begin in New Zealand, and they will work their way to the United States.

Finally! Here are the details about how the world will end on May 21. We’ve been hearing all this chatter about how the world will end on May 21st.

And as May 21st approaches, and the volume of chatter increases, we’ve gotten curious: How, exactly, is the world going to end?

Well, now we know!

New York Magazine interviewed one of the folks who says the world is going to end. And unlike most prophets of doom, he’s actually quite specific:

“[W]hen we get to May 21 on the calendar in any city or country in the world, and the clock says about — this is based on other verses in the Bible — when the clock says about 6 p.m., there’s going to be this tremendous earthquake that’s going to make the last earthquake in Japan seem like nothing in comparison. And the whole world will be alerted that Judgment Day has begun. And then it will follow the sun around for 24 hours. As each area of the world gets to that point of 6 p.m. on May 21, then it will happen there, and until it happens, the rest of the world will be standing far off and witnessing the horrible thing that is happening.”

Now, some folks have already raised the question about Daylight Savings, etc., but we assume God has long since figured that one out. And some other folks think that May 21st is actually just going to be “The Rapture” and that the world’s actually going to end in October.  But we’ll worry about that later.  For now, we’ll just start the clock running. Check in for the latest time left at the link below.

Four days and counting….what’s on YOUR bucket list?

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/world-ends-may-21-2011-5

About Ad rem

Millions of little gray cells wrapped in fur.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to End Of The World Now Set For May 21…It’s A Saturday

1. zmalfoy says:

Wow, what a lot of stress that would relieve me of if it happened!

Well, Father hears confessions at 4pm on Saturdays, so I’d have to be first in line to get the sould scrubbed up and gussied up for the occasion. (I need to go to Confession anyway, so . . .)

Other than that . . . I don’t suppose four days is long enough to track down Prince-Charming-and-Good-With-a-Rifle, marry, and have a passel of chibis. . . Hmmm . . . I’ll be eating dinner round sixish with my family and the dog, so if we’re gonna go, I’ll be where I want to be . . .

Still haven’t been to Ireland, but if we’re promised a New Earth to go with the New Heaven and New Jerusalem, and if I make the cut . . . I presume I’ll have plenty of time to get to the Emerald Isle after . . .

So, nope. Nothing pressing. I suspect I’ll be happy if Saturday is the day. I’m even stocked up on popcorn!

2. G8rMom7 says:

First, my husband has some work to do. 😉

and this part confuses me “this is based on other verses in the Bible”..which Bible? The Bible I’ve read all my life says that there is NO WAY for us to know the time or place, so quit trying! (I’m paraphrasing). So what gives?

• GracieD says:

I’m with ya on that. My dad was a pastor when I was young, and I have always heard that not even the Angels know when Jesus is coming back.

• Ad rem says:

1. 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

2. Matthew 24:36…”No one knows when that day or hour will come…not the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” AMEN!

• zmalfoy says:

Yes indeed. That why we need to be ready to go at any moment. He’s gonna come “like a thief in the night” (ie, Surprise! Ha! You thought I wasn’t gonna make it, didn’t you?! Silly girl!“), and so we have to be like the prudent bridesmaids who had extra oil for their lamps, and were ready when the groom (finally!) showed up. . .

3. Gypsy says:

The world has ended so many times that I have lost count. At least we will be rid of Obama and we know he will be going to visit Osama, wherever he is.

Hope I get my housework finished first.

4. WeeWeed says:

Great!! End of the world and I’ll be sitting in friggin’ DFW airport….. so, I guess I’ll wait at the bar! LOL 😀

5. Wha,… wha… Oh man, could you have told me last week…., sheeesh I jus wasted … well nevermind… 😉

6. Solaratov says:

No. No, that just won’t do at all. The 21st is not good for me.

In fact, most Saturdays are out, as I usually go shooting with friends on Saturdays.

Perhaps they can reschedule for a Monday. Mondays are kind of a waste, anyway – so why not end the world on a Monday?

They can have their girl call my girl; and perhaps we can do lunch and discuss it. Ciao.

7. Pingback: Little News » Blog Archive » End Of The World May 21st

8. Otis P. Driftwood says:

Can we persuade The Powers That Be to hold off until at least Tuesday? I’d like to have one more birthday. I’ve already bought the beer and would hate to think it will go to waist, I mean waste.

9. Patriot Dreamer says:

If the end of the world is this weekend, then hasn’t the 7-year Tribulation been a bit of a let-down?

😉

10. ayistah says:

Let’s just put everything to God.
    He knows much better things to do.