Sunday Open Thread – January 19th

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

173 Responses to Sunday Open Thread – January 19th

1. czarowniczy says:

Talking about parts of our government going wild and digging into personal liberties – the DARPA project to find a way to hack into automobiles’ computers and take control of the vehicle has gone public. The DARPA hackers managed to hack into the computer control system of a Toyota and took the driver’s control away. They used the car’s cell phone/Bluetooth system to gain access to its control system, allowing them to change the car’s speed, activate the breaks – basically control things that could cause a nasty crash. First off we have the question of why the Feds would want to hack into a car’s control system. The obvious cover answer is that the app could make a stolen car stop and the doors lock (think ‘Bait Car’) or, in the case of a hi-speed chase, slow and stop the car. Questions of liability for accidents caused by doing so aside, the malicious character of the ability is unsettling.
    I have a Chevy Avalanche with OnStar and even though I didn’t want it I couldn’t get anything in the GM line but a basic 3rd worldish commercial truck without OnStar preinstalled. I didn’t continue the OnStar service as it creeps me out – yet I’m told that even though it’s not ‘on’ it’s still ‘on’ and they can track my location, starts/stops and location on it. The telephone system included with OnStar is still capable of operating as I get an OnStar recording if I accidentally bump the ‘call’ button while adjusting the rearview mirror. That means my truck is capable of being ‘hacked’ and I could lose control to some acne-scarred delinquent living in his parent’s basement.
    One can argue that hacking into automobiles’ control systems was inevitable given the ingenuity of hackers, I wonder why the Feds decided to start a classified project in the military’s Mr Wizard shop to do so. That creeps me out even more than OnStar does. So all of us who have a car/truck/van that has an internal system capable of making a call with or without your doing it – something else to worry about.

• ytz4mee says:

Well, how else do you work your way through your Enemy List? Not everyone can conveniently have a “heart attack” or commit “suicide” while holding the firearm in their non-dominant arm, ya know.

• czarowniczy says:

. Or conveniently develop cancer at just the right time – ask Bill Casey about that one. Falling off a roof or out a window’s always a good one too.
        There was some interesting work on bioregulators oozing out from under the door a few years back. Loosely referred to as 5th generation NBC weapons they were in a Russianesque greay arae as they were chemical but were also biological in that they interfered with biological processes to kill the target. They’re out there in the commercial market now – those neat roach killers specifically target to them as it prevents them from molting their exoskeletons so the – I guess you’d call it – implode. There are also sprays you can squirt on the grass that artificially slow its growth so you don’t have to mow as often. Makes one wonder what other topical application products may be hiding on dark government shelves – only the shadow knoooooows

• ytz4mee says:

Pretty sad that Forrestal-ed and Vince Foster-ed and Arkancide are part of the vocabulary, no?

As for stuff that may be on the shelf, I’m a little more miffed about the stuff they have taken OFF the shelf and are openly using without any shame – such as the anti-pregnancy/permanent sterilization using HcG antigen delivered through tetanus toxoid as a delivery mechanism – already beta tested in Mexico, Honduras, Nicaragua, Philippines, India and 60 other of their non-white friends. Funded by the benevolent Bill Gates, of course.

Or the human genomes inserted into GMO corn to produce spermicidal effects – in every box of Cornflakes, Honey Nut Cheerios, Cocoa Puffs, Kix, Frosted Flakes and Corn Pops at your local grocery store. But don’t worry, it’s because they’re doing this for “us” and the long term effects of liver damage, kidney damage, cancer and complete organ failure are just some sweet side bennies.

When I studied, we couldn’t forsee a day when the human genome would be sequenced – we were struggling with tunicates! and the ethical discussion of the era centered around how cloning and manipulation of the human genome were “immoral”, and “perverse” and would never be allowed.

Oh, my, look how far we have come. When we read 1984 and Fahrenheit 451 we saw it as cautionary tales, our opponents saw them as training manuals. BTW, got your latest viddy screen installed?

• texan59 says:

czar, czar, czar. Always bringing sunshine and lollipops to the picnic. Everyone said I was a tin-foil hat kinda guy. You sure do help me justify not taking those meds anymore. ;)

• czarowniczy says:

I haven’t even gotten to the really good stuff yet – busy cutting brush (GW was right about the therapeutic aspects of it) so I’ll have to wait. As for the paranoia, the DARPA/hacking piece is out there in no less than Forbes magazine now and I’ve heard at least one tort lawyer licking his lips over the liability prospects (just think about it for a minute). They thought Heinlein and A. C. Clarke were nut jobs too but look at ‘em now…

• doodahdaze says:

Watchout for Poison Ivey!!!

• czarowniczy says:

Problem is more a vine I have that grows out of what looks like a huge sweet potato. The first eight to ten feet are thorny (most likely to keep the deer/rabbits from eating it) and the rest is smooth. Gets way up into my trees and shades them but the worst part is that some of us are very allergic to it. Then again, this protective system the plant’s developed is an natural example of pure evolutionary accident.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

Yeah, a LOT of people thought Robert Heinlein was nuts, but several of the so-called “impossibilities” he described came to pass.

• Partyzant says:

James Earl Ray was an early test subject on this. The Russkies used things like Polonium on Litivienko and that guy Georgi Markov… jabbed with an umbrella on the bridge… small sphere of rare metal containing God only knows what. The Russkies also used to like shoving people in front of moving cars or onto train tracks in subway stations. These things happen all the time in NYC if you read the news close enough.
          Some entities as I understand it like the idea of leaving the target with an O.D. on the can… hard to put a positive spin on that one, even the families want the issue to go away then.
          All that is pretty old school, I am sure that they have the means now to know what button to push to get people to ask to end it. Sort of like Kafka’s “The Trial”.
          Understand that it is not a fully operational Death Star yet. YET.

• czarowniczy says:

The US government sanctions the killing of foreign types almost on a daily basis. Yes there’s a small and insignificant law on the books saying we can’t officially ‘assassinate’ foreign figures so we just put another title on the action and away we go. Now why would we think that internal wet missions were not in the books other than protective magical thinking?

• hoosiergranny says:

Makes me wonder about the crash that killed Michael Hastings. He was supposedly working on a new story that would not be well received at the WH. How many other people have been killed in conveniently timed auto accidents that benefited our government or the current Administration?

• auscitizenmom says:

Yes, he crossed my mind, too. This is a scary thought.

• Abagail says:

Hastings, Breitbart, Noveske, Kyle, Ratcliff- news people, firearm people, how many more remain under the radar? Ayoob’s helicopter accident occurred during a time when that type of accident seemed in vogue.

It appears prominent individuals in key areas are being picked off in various ways.

• czarowniczy says:

Bottom line is, it can be done and at this time I do not believe that there’s a forensic method to determine if it were done.

• Partyzant says:

What about that DC Cop who was whacked around the time of the passport scandal? What was his name?

• ytz4mee says:

Actually, he wasn’t a cop. His first name was “Leiutenant” so people assumed he was in the police or military. Nope.

The case centered on Leiutenant Quarles Harris Jr., age 24. Harris, who spelled his named differently than the officer rank, was a petty drug dealer and identity-theft criminal who never served in the military or in any police or fire department.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/did-cia-pick-sanitize-obamas-passport-records/#TRT0ZOWu1BO02tMk.99

How’s this for wayback machine giggles? (from the same article)

According to the New York Times report, Obama’s tone of concern was obvious.

“One of the things that the American people count on in their interactions with any level of government is that if they have to disclose personal information, that is going to stay personal and stay private,” Obama told reporters. “And when you have not just one, but a series of attempts to tap into people’s personal records, that’s a problem, not just for me, but for how our government is functioning.”

Snort. Giggle.

• michellc says:

Another reason why I stick to my old vehicles and have taken to old appliances as well. I’m not going to make it easy for them to track my every moment.

• czarowniczy says:

I’m waiting for prosecutors to start subpoenaing the data from onboard computer systems for criminal and civil trials. OnStar reports car data back to a central point and that central point can turn your car off (stolen vehicle thingie again) but you are never sure what amounts of what data the central point’s getting. When they go to subpoena the data I wonder if they’ll have to serve it to the NSA’s Utah site?

• Josh says:

OnStar encourages entering your “medical information” into their system. Hey, it’s just for emergency purposes. What could go wrong?

3. Update your in-case-of-emergency (ICE) information with OnStar. This includes information like your license plate number, insurance information, contact person and any medical information that could be of assistance in an emergency. You can update this information anytime at onstarrenewal.com.

• czarowniczy says:

OnStar also like you to pump $$$ into their system. Who really needs them in the daof the smart phone? Aside from them sending your GPS location to 1st responders if you have a collision with a mountain goat in Nepal what do they provide? I also chaffed at the 35-cents a minute cell phone price they had – and you had to buy your minutes with an expiration date. Another reason Detroit needs subsidies.

• F.D.R. in Hell says:

Nepal? I don’t believe OnStar will work outside North America.
          I know it’s useless down here. Lucifer’s Chevy Volt catches fire all the time and no one calls from OnStar. Of course, Old Scratch loves those fiery thrill rides. ;-)

• scaretactics says:

That is the funniest thing I’ve read all day :)

• czarowniczy says:

No wonder he has Chevy problems – I have A/C issues with mine in New Orleans and even though the moral clime is close to that of Hades we have more humidity. As for the fire issues I’d file a criminal complaint alleging … battery. It’s Monday morning – whatta ya expect?

• Partyzant says:

Might you consider isolating the OnStar antennae and components in a faraday cage? It would allow them to “operate” in a very small space, unconnected and unconnectable to the outside. Who knows what “logic” and self checks exist in the system that would kill your car if you diconnected the damn thing. Might as well call your car HAL-9000.
      The wiring diagrams for these new cars are insane. Good luck to you on this. Bring a multimeter, some snips and an already dead warrantee to the endeavor.

• F.D.R. in Hell says:

OnStar is tamper-proof. Yank the fuse and half your dashboard goes out. It’s wired in series with several of the vehicle’s on-board computers (so the OnStar module can read them). Snip a wire and you’ve instantly made a stationary playhouse for the kids. ;-)

• czarowniczy says:

The car would look like a reality show taxi – and there’s no way to disconnect the OnStar without screwing the on-board computer. Two things I did was decide to use my old-yet-still-very-reliable Saturn (no wonder GM killed Saturn) which has better gas mileage and no way to track me. #2 is I contacted a professional tort law firm about the hacking issue, our inability to buy a vehicle without it and the potential for a hacker to break into it and cause an accident. I think the latter action may be a lot like having thrown a lit match into California underbrush – the potential’s impressive.

2. (I may be posting this for the second time–if so, chalk it up to the drought here in CA. It’s as good a reason as any.)
    ___________________

Abbot, Small Church Fight Atheists’ Bid to Force IRS to Censor Church Sermons

“Washington, D.C. –The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, on behalf of an Anglican priest and his church, Holy Cross Anglican Church, moved to intervene in a lawsuit by the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF) seeking to force the IRS to punish houses of worship for preaching on moral issues in a way that has political implications.

The Becket Fund is intervening to defend Father Patrick Malone’s right to preach from the pulpit to his 55-member congregation at Holy Cross Anglican Church free from IRS censorship. While the IRS has long banned sermons that concern political candidates or certain hot-button moral issues, it has generally avoided enforcing the ban against churches. The anti-religious FFRF noticed, and is now suing in a Wisconsin-based federal district court to force the IRS to start enforcing the ban against churches like Holy Cross…”

• stella says:

That’s interesting. Detroit churches (those that back Democrat candidates) have welcomed political candidates to the pulpits on Sundays during election season for years. This has included candidates for President of the United States. I’ve never heard of any of them being punished by the IRS for this political activism.

ADD: Example from 1999, when Al Gore spoke in a Catholic parish: http://cul.detmich.com/girouxoped.html

• Well of course not, stella. Can’t have DEM advocates censored, now, can we?

I wish I could figure a way to post Fr.Malone’s sworn statement to the court. It’s a doozy. I have it in an attachment, as a legal document, but cutting and pasting would create a looooong comment…any suggestions?

• maryfrommarin says:

Thank you, stella!

The meat of it starts in point #5, through to the end:

“5. As the vicar of Holy Cross Anglican Church, Anglican teaching requires
            me to preach to the congregation about what it means to be a follower of Jesus
            Christ and properly respond to the love that God gave us through Jesus’ sacrifice.

6. This requires me to preach the full counsel of Holy Scripture on all
            relevant issues and areas that I believe God leads me to address…

9. To fulfill my moral duties as vicar, and to equip my Church congregation
            to fulfill theirs as Anglicans, I must preach about current problems in our society
            that violate God’s moral law and about Christ-centered responses to those
            injustices…”

…and much more.

• justafly says:

Any church that self-censors what is preached from the pulpit has chosen mammon over God. We are desperately in need of a new Black Robe Brigade, churches that will preach against the evil of tyranny.

3. justfactsplz says:

If we all have “accidents” on our way to the polls we know what happened.

• justafly says:

Based on the past general elections, I do not believe it matters anymore who votes, only who downloads the ballot information.

• justfactsplz says:

I believe it is as crooked as all get out. I don’t believe Obama won the last election. ytz4mee linked to an article about Hillary and muslim women who claim they helped Obama get elected and will help her. I have no doubt.

4. ytz4mee says:

h/t Zerohedge:

Oh, my (insert eye roll here)

“I’m a Socialist and I know what I’m doing!”

Nope. I know what you’re thinking but not the big Zero.
    Drumroll, please: Sayeth Maduro, President of Venezuela.

Who is the new finance minister? An army brigadier general.

What unsuccessful effort at battling inflation did the government try two months ago? Troops.

Look, it seemed to make sense at the time. It’s a syllogism:

We want to fight inflation

Troops fight

(Wait for it)

Troops can fight inflation

Quod erat demonstrandum. (That’s on the other side of the nation’s 12 million-bolivar note.)

5. ytz4mee says:

Sailors onboard the USS Reagan assigned to a “humanitarian mission” to assist at Fukushima and exposed to “radioactive snow” file a class action suit against TEPCO for damages.

You will note that according to our self-proclaimed “betters” this does not constitute “news”.
    What these young men and women are going through absolutely sickens me.

God bless them and keep them, may he have mercy for their souls.

6. F.D.R. in Hell says:

I wonder if there’s a back story to this news…

7. Stormy says:

Multnomah County signs up prison inmates for Obamacare :roll:

8. texan59 says:

It wasn’t just Bronco Bama who beat Mittens in the last election. He beat himself before it even started.

9. F.D.R. in Hell says:

Pray the cows are coming home…

10. texan59 says:

Our weekly ditty from Clarice. She doesn’t seem to be very happy this week. Mornin’ all. :)

11. stella says:

More about marijuana legalization – Marijuana Users Have Abnormal Brain Structure and Poor Memory
    Drug abuse appears to foster brain changes that resemble schizophrenia

Teens who were heavy marijuana users — smoking it daily for about three years — had abnormal changes in their brain structures related to working memory and performed poorly on memory tasks, reports a new Northwestern Medicine® study.

A poor working memory predicts poor academic performance and everyday functioning.

The brain abnormalities and memory problems were observed during the individuals’ early twenties, two years after they stopped smoking marijuana, which could indicate the long-term effects of chronic use. Memory-related structures in their brains appeared to shrink and collapse inward, possibly reflecting a decrease in neurons.

12. stella says:

Forward!

Americans leave school to go home and they drop by a mall to buy something from an incredible selection of wealth and choice afforded by capitalism. They drop by a small corner store, which could probably feed a savvy Soviet village for a month (dog food is food, too, you know), and they pick up some “entertainment food” that did not exist in the USSR, in quantities that weren’t affordable for an average Soviet family.

Then they go home and write essays on their expensive iPads about how they don’t have the American Dream.

• texan59 says:

Apparently they don’t know how to look up the word “irony”. :roll:

• stella says:

It must be disheartening for a person, like the author, who escaped a totalitarian regime, only to see his fellow citizens falling for the same old line.

• texan59 says:

We have all read and heard stories from folks who have survived horrific activities and regimes from the past, and it just seems that so many blandly cast aside these stories as rumblings from a doddering old fool. Breaks my heart.

• Stella, good thing I did a search of the page for “Forward”.

I was just about to leave this link here. (Yeah, I’m late to the party.)

This is the best article I’ve read on AT for quite some time.

The entire comment thread is worthwhile, too.

I have a great friend who escaped what was then Czechoslovakia, and her tale is the same.

We lived in the grayness and that grayness was all there was.

Every now and then, I expect to walk outside and see that everything is monochrome.

13. Abagail says:

This story brought tears this morning, and reminded me of my Grandmother’s horror stories that freeze the mind. I have tried to tell them to the younger generation, but became discouraged after seeing the discomfort in their eyes and eagerness to move on to a more comfortable topic.

Forward

14. howie says:

Proof that liberals get everything 100% wrong. For all the dumb ass global warmists. Now we are entering a mini-ice age. They are way beyond stupid. Americans are stupid to put these dopes in charge of their lives.

15. I wanted to share something precious with all of my fellow Treepers. I have been really trying to teach my son about God and Jesus and worked particularly hard through the Christmas season and will continue going into the Lenten season and Easter. He is getting the message!

I made a very short YouTube slideshow to share with you a drawing he made for me and a Legos sculpture he made last night. The drawing is of he and I walking into Mass and there is Jesus on the Cross. The Legos building is the Church from “Les Miserables” (which is his favorite movie right now!) complete with cemetery and Javert and Jean Valjean are facing off in the cemetery. What really struck me was that he made a Lego Crucifix inside the Church.

He is 6 and I think he’s beginning to “get it”. I’m so proud of my boy!!

16. Admin – just sent an e-mail. Please delete above posts. Not sure why the video link is not loading here. When I paste the same link into a new window it goes to the video and plays it without any problem. Sorry.

17. Sorry for the bad links above. Here is the proper link:

18. Josh says:

WTF?!?
    First this:

“The cabinet approved an end to distributing of gas masks to Israeli citizens on Sunday morning in response to the upcoming removal of chemical weapons from Syria. Beginning in February, the government will no longer provide protection against chemical warfare.”

“’It was an educated decision made after weighing our options and taking into consideration the change in threat level in the Middle East, and the power and abilities of the State of Israel,” Minister of Defense Moshe Ya’alon explained in a statement.”

“Syria will still be in alleged possession of biological weapons.”

Defense minister explains gov’t decision to end gas mask distribution

19. Abagail says:

This is a microcosm of the larger issue. If the voting process doesn’t get cleaned up, midterms are lost. Period. And I do mean it.

Voter Fraud: We’ve Got Proof It’s Easy

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

And yet, liberals will tell you that voter fraud does not exist, and have convinced various courts to strike down voter ID laws:

“Judge Bernard L. McGinley ruled on Friday against proponents of the law, issuing a permanent injunction against the voter ID requirement. In his opinion, McGinley noted that “In Pennsylvania, the right of qualified electors to vote is a fundamental one.” Therefore, “Pennsylvania precedent does not permit regulation of the right to vote when such regulation denies the franchise, or ‘make[s] it so difficult as to amount to a denial.’” McGinley also found no compelling state interest was present that could override this right, noting that no in-person voter fraud is “exceedingly rare” and that “a vague concern about voter fraud does not rise to a level that justifies the burdens constructed here.”

How can the integrity of our elections be restored when the judges like McGinley are DemocRAT political hacks?

• Murse says:

Rare? It is common. Some districts in PA had 120% voter turnout. How can 100% of the peopel vote at 120%? The only reason to be against voter ID is to hide something. If people cant obtain legal ID within a two year period between election cycles then perhaps they shouldn’t be voting in the first place.

20. realitycheck says:

More insanity. Even though snopes says the statement EBT cards can be used at Colorado Pot is false, they fail to admit that it can be used at ATMs to get cash at those “stores”.
    So many problems with this:
    First why are people allowed to get cash form EBT cards?
    Second, people go into Pot shop, get cash from ATM (at a high fee) and are going to buy necessities?
    Third, Colorado also allows access from ATMs at Strip clubs, I don’t even want to know what “necessary” living expense might be purchased there.
    I wonder IF you can use the cards at gambling establishments in Cripple Creek etc?

(Who is John Galt?)

21. Josh says:

Interesting story I heard today – the only El Al flight that was ever hijacked was supposed to have Ariel Sharon on it as a passenger but Mr. Sharon never boarded that flight. Why?

Ariel Sharon Meets the Rebbe 1968

“In 1968 Ariel Sharon had a private audience with the Rebbe. They spoke about many issues.

Sharon was amazed by the Rebbe’s vast knowledge of military tactics, and his detailed knowledge of the geography of Israel.

The Rebbe knew intricate details that very few people know. Sharon himself a military leader for most of his life, felt he was speaking to a peer, if not an expert, in military affairs.
    __________
    During the course of the conversation the Rebbe asked Sharon how long he was planning to stay in New York.

Sharon answered that the was taking a flight back to Israel the next day. The Rebbe said, what is the rush, he should wait another day before departing.
    ____________
    After Sharon left the Rebbe’s office, he felt that he had to get back to Israel, and he had nothing more to accomplish in America, so he decided that he would take his originally scheduled flight.

As he left the Rebbe’s office, there were a number of Bachorim (Yeshiva students) that were standing outside. They approached him and wanted to know what the Rebbe had said to him, being that the Rebbe’s insights were always fascinating.

Sharon mentioned a few topics that they had discussed, and also mentioned that the Rebbe had said, by the way, that he should consider leaving at a later date, which he didn’t really understand.

The Bachorim explained, that if the Rebbe suggests something, then it means that he definitely should not take that flight. Sharon thought it over and decided that he respected the Rebbe’s advice, and would put off his departure.
    _______________
    In the mean time, the flight that he was suppose to take on July 23rd, 1968 left the airport, but was hijacked to Algeria!

The hijackers were Arabs, obviously looking for someone, and were very disappointed when they discovered, that he wasn’t on the plane.“

22. Josh says:

An inspirational video:
    “One year ago, BUB was barely able to move at all due to the increasing deformity and growth of her bones caused by osteopetrosis. Vets and specialists said it was a matter of weeks before she couldn’t move or eat at all, and that there was nothing that could be done to help. But now, thanks to a lot of work and encouragement, special treatments, and BUB’s unflinching determination, BUB is not only able to stand upright and walk normally again, but she has been running and jumping for the first time since she was a kitten.”

23. hoosiergranny says:

Multiple blogs are reporting a study completed last month to determine how easy it is to commit voter fraud in New York City elections. And yet, as mentioned in another entry above, there is no credible evidence of the need for voter id in Pennsylvania.

Or http://www.redstate.com/2014/01/14/data-suggests-that-deliberate-voter-fraud-is-97-likely-to-succeed-in-new-york-city/

• doodahdaze says:

Why even worry now about NYC. It is over for that hellhole. Fahgettaboutit. A card carrier is running the place. In two years it will look like Detroit.

• justafly says:

More than one precinct in Philthy-delphia inexplicably had 100% of votes registered for Barry Dunham/Obama. Some precincts had more votes than voters. Nah, Pennsylvania electronic voting machines are accurate and voter ID is unnecessary.

24. realitycheck says:

hy is this news on the official government site? http://www.houstongovnewsroom.org/go/doc/2155/2070394/

25. Ad rem says:

Sherlock….Season 3 premiers tonight. :-D

Explanation in “The Empty Hearse” for how Sherlock faked his death….*spoiler alert*.

26. LetJusticePrevail" says:

On this day, Jan 19th, Robert E Lee was born in Westmoreland County, Virginia. The year was 1807, and Thomas Jefferson was President of the US.

27. taqiyyologist says:

The videos work, but YouTube dot com is DOWN.

28. taqiyyologist says:

And, further down the page:

1. Many, many thanks to all of you who have mirrored and uploaded my Islamic Sexuality and other videos to YouTube. It has been wonderful to see all of those copies populating on YouTube over the last several days. We definitely made lemonade out of lemons in the battlespace! I don’t care how many views I get on my own channel. All I care about is getting this information out and in front of as many people as possible so that the whole “islam is a religion” lie can be killed within this generation. But I have to admit, it is pretty cool to (help) lead that charge. And let it be a lesson to one and all: yes, one person CAN make a difference. One person CAN initiate and lead a successful campaign against a 1400 year old satanic, perverted, militaristic political system. And all it took was a video camera and a little courage. Now, imagine what an entire civilization could achieve if it just stopped being afraid, trusted in God, and stood manfully against evil. Sigh.

• taqiyyologist says:

Hey, maybe that’s why YouTube is down…

• taqiyyologist says:

Remember two-days-ago’s news. Eleven Dems in Congress are trying to form a committee to study “hate speech” on the innertubes right now.

I’m guessing Ann and conservative commenters will be the targets, and that the writers and commenters DailyKos and Huffpo, not to mention World Star Hip Hop, will be exempt from this proposed “study”.

Because it’s just dandy to hate white folks, Jews, Chiristians, and conservatives.

Truth-telling will be outright illegal soon.

• taqiyyologist says:

Hate speech: When there’s a riotous fight at some Denny’s somewhere in America, most commenters at the local news site which features it will post “I knew before I clicked.”

That’s hate speech, now. Accurately predicting the ethnicity of the perps is hateful.

And, since these are MSM sites, the government which now controls the MSM has gotten word of all this 100%-accurate speech, because MSM webmasters which allow comments on their sites have all ran to Daddy-Government and ratted us out. (As it were.)

So now we need a committee. And a study.

And, naturally, a curtailment of the 1st Amendment. That is what is called a “foregone conclusion”. The Committee and study will make it legit.

• taqiyyologist says:

I wonder if this “study” will eventually involve the NSA/Google/Microsoft dealio.

No, I don’t.

Welcome to “The List”, folks. Unless you’re here on behalf of them, which isn’t very likely, given CTH Admin’s vigilance, you’re “in!”.

Such a rare, rare place, in my experience, since the dawn of the internet.

Not a lot of strife up in this tree. I, avidly some times, read threads, and for years, at Vox Day, American Thinker, Gateway Pundit, Flopping Aces. That’s pretty much it for threads. There are many, many debates at these places. Many trolls and bannings. And even (at FA and Vox) some contrarians (yet not trolls) with intelligence and basic, rudimentary kindness.

I sure do like it here. Thanks, SD and all.

29. LetJusticePrevail" says:

Watch THIS video, and tell me why this young man was ridiculed by a school security officer,suspended from school, and then his father was insulted for showing the video to the school administrators. There are TWO clues in it:

Spot ‘em?

30. auscitizenmom says:

“Lt. General McInerney Confirms Muslim Brotherhood Inside White House”
    Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/lt-general-mcinerney-confirms-muslim-brotherhood-inside-white-house/#M0MlVWZMm8DfWEGh.99

31. michellc says:

I would say, “well not all the 72 on the list relate to me, so I’m good,” but I think it probably only takes one to be on a watch list and so many do relate to me that I’m sure my file is more in depth and says I’m to be a part of the first roundup. Too bad for them that I don’t fear death.

32. justfactsplz says:

Trouble found us this morning. It was 28 degrees here in Florida this morning. A neighbor found a half froze to death chihuahua in his yard and passed it off to my dear DH. My DH brought her in and sit in the recliner with a blanket and the young female dog. It fell right in with the scheme of things. Mocha colored, with a white trimmed face like Minnie Mouse, she is a cutie alright. We posted signs and my DH checked with other neighbors. No takers. It is now nightfall and she is still here and has eaten twice, begged at the table, and gone in and out with our dogs. I don’t need another dog, I don’t need another dog, I don’t need another dog!

• auscitizenmom says:

So, you have a new dog, huh? :)

• justfactsplz says:

Lord I hope not. I have three chihuahuas, two labradors, and two cats. I am borderline animal hoarder already!

• auscitizenmom says:

I can sympathize. I spent a year in a single wide trailer with 2 large labs (110 lbs and 85 lbs), a medium size mixed dog, and a small dog, a husband, and a 13 year old teenager.

• justfactsplz says:

Yes, you can certainly identify. I did live in the largest double wide made but moved to a small doublewide last year which is perfect for the two of us, or the nine or ten of us. The smaller place is easier for the two of us and has a beautiful yard for being in the middle of the woods.The larger one worked us to death and somebod was always wanting to live with us.

33. Darkman says:

George is quite busy on Twitter lately, I see …
    Replying to haters and fans left and right … I think he said he is going to put another pic up (for sale, I guess) … tomorrow ….

34. LetJusticePrevail" says:

oh oh. I be’s in da spam can…

35. LetJusticePrevail" says:

Members of Ansar al-Sunna issue martyrdom video promising a “surprise” if the Olympic Games are held as scheduled in Sochi:

36. Darkman says:

WND EXCLUSIVE

Iran ’2 to 3 weeks’ from nuclear bomb

Former IAEA director warns Tehran could nix deal, arm itself quickly

Published: 4 hours ago