Heroes walk among us …. Patriots You Need to Know

They are not just inside the gates… they are unwelcome and unannounced intruders in our homes …. the time to wake up and respond has arrived.

Jacob Appelbaum is a US citizen and core member of TOR project (funded originally to provide internet communication security).  He writes open source software, is an independent security software developer, activist hacker and passionate resister to tyranny.

He has stated in past interviews that he believes “personal privacy and institutional transparency are complementary ideas that help to create a free and open society …..Tor is part of an ecosystem of software that helps people regain and reclaim their autonomy. It helps to enable people to have agency of all kinds; it helps others to help each other and it helps you to help yourself. It runs, it is open and it is supported by a large community spread across all walks of life.”

Appelbaum eloquently discusses warrantless or “open writ” dragnet surveillance as “turnkey tyranny” and posits that the black budget agencies that engage in such surveillance are violating the 3rd Amendment Rights of US Citizens, likening the actions of the NSA to de facto “digital soldiers” being quartered in our homes without our knowledge or permission.

Washington’s Blog writes on Appelbaum’s 30c3 talk (embedded at the end of this post) and his insistence that the government is essentially “quartering military” in our homes -

“…Colonial Americans lost the quiet use and enjoyment of their homes. Modern Americans are losing the quiet use and enjoyment of our digital homes because the NSA is stationing digital “troops” inside our computers and phones.

Just as the Colonists’ homes were no longer theirs … our computers and phones are no longer ours.”

Jacob Appelbaum, TOR project core member,  Internet Security Expert, warns of the “digital tyranny” of universal surveillance……quoting….”Resistance isn’t futile …it’s the new mode of participation”.

Appelbaum has been compelled to speak out against what he sees as rising tyranny from an unaccountable government as the government’s surveillance becomes even more pervasive and universal.  Frustrated, he has met with Congressional staff members without success, many of whom he feels do not understand the technical issues, and others who can not speak on the issue because of security issues (which he understands). In the end, he feels that they have no political solution to offer or any real method of providing oversight to agency that has essentially gone rogue. He also believes that the actions of the government harm US citizens and businesses, by preventing them from protecting themselves from security and information breaches.

Appelbaum has come under attack in the past because of his alliance with Wikileaks – in 2010, he was the Wikileaks representative to a Hacker’s conference, and assisted Julian Assange in disseminating many of Snowden’s documents.

For these activities, Appelbaum has been targeted by the US government, which has placed him under surveillance, seized laptops and mobile phones, sought a court order to review his Twitter account, as well as detaining him at the border more than a dozen times.  As a result of the ongoing harassment he is seeking permanent residency status in Germany, where he believes privacy rights are stronger than in the US, stating he no longer feels safe in the US.

Those aligned with the US government continue to seek to undermine his credibility and paint him as a “traitor” for revealing just how widespread and illegal the surveillance efforts are.

At the December 2013 Chaos Communications Congress (30c3) in Hamburg, Germany, Appelbaum gave a hair raising talk about the capabilities of the NSA, citing specific examples and providing documents that had been recently released in conjunction with his article published by the German paper Speigel on December 29th, 2013.

The 3 part Speigel piece discusses the elite hacker unit, known as the “TAO team” at the NSA and some of the methods used to covertly spy on ordinary Americans who pose no national security threat.

The talk given at the 30c3 conference is long – just over 1 hr – and includes language that would be NSFW or children – as well as some technical discussion that may be too in depth for some casual viewers.  However, even with those caveats, in my opinion, it is highly worth sticking with the whole presentation, because the scope of the NSA abilities and their cavalier attitude towards data gathering on all US citizens is something every citizen should be aware of.

About these ads

About ytz4mee

Libertarian, Freedom Fighter, Erstwhile Pilot, Polyglot, Multinational Rabble Rouser, Contrarian "Just Because", Hew to the philosophy of "Drink the Good Wine First".
This entry was posted in A New America, CIA, Conspiracy ?, Dear Leader - Creepy POTUS Worship, Decepticons, Dem Hypocrisy, Dept Of Justice, Fabian Socialists - Modern Progressives, First Amendment, Heros, media bias, Military, Notorious Liars, NSA, Prepper, propaganda, Tea Party, Ted Cruz, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

75 Responses to Heroes walk among us …. Patriots You Need to Know

1. Stormy says:

The President recently stated at a White House event, “I’m not allowed for security reasons to have an iPhone.”

Kinda makes ya wonder…

• stella says:

Sounds like there many be others beside our government agencies who have cracked the iPhone. I would love to have a better portable digital device, but so far I still have a flip phone. The Prez had a Blackberry when he first took office. I wonder what he’s using these days?

• michellc says:

When it comes to the internet I’ve just come to accept nothing is private, including e-mails.(Not that I’m fine with that) With my phone I really don’t want the government or others listening to every conversation and especially don’t want my every move tracked, so I refuse to get an iPhone.

• justfactsplz says:

I am glad I don’t have an iPhone nor do I want one.

2. Dead Dog Bounce says:

For those with too little time, have a quick look at the bit around http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b0w36GAyZIA#t=1454 where he talks about NSA targeting traffic on particular websites.

Eye-opening.

3. charlotte says:

But he has a Blackberry. So-does this imply that a Blackberry is immune to NSA?

• Col(R) Ken says:

No, his encryption devices keeps him somewhat secure. For you and I we are live and in living color on the NSA tapes.
      Novel concept of digital soldiers invading housed in our homes.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

“does this imply that a Blackberry is immune to NSA?”

That’s what Applebaum, and others, seem to be saying. In a different article about NSA spying I even saw one person say that Blackberries should be marketed on that specific point, at least for a while.

Currently, there is much discussion (in the media) about whether or not Apple, themselves, sabotaged their own product by writing a backdoor into the iOS specifically for use by the NSA, something which Apple appears to be denying. My guess? They DID include a backdoor, either with knowledge and intention, or the backdoor was inserted by an NSA operative (or operatives) who were working undercover at/for Apple. Their current statements to the contrary are obfuscations to protect their extremely valuable brand name.

Now, does that mean I would discard my iPhone (if I owned one) and rush out to buy a Blackberry? Not really. But only for two of the worst possible reasons.

Secondly, because I have no doubt in my mind that if the NSA decides they want to, defeat the security measures of the Blackberry, they will do it. And sooner (probably) rather than later. Watch the video above, if you haven’t already done so. There you can see the many ways that the NSA has exploited the vulnerabilities of computer hardware, wifi connections, and various internet or operating system weaknesses. Certainly, no common citizen has the knowledge or financial resources that would be necessary to thwart their efforts, should he/she ever fall under the gaze of the all seeing eye of Sauron.

And there’s the pity of it. At the dawn of the internet age, we reveled at the resources that would become available to us.We (naively) believed that the knowledge of the ages would be laid bare for all to see, and share. And through our modems we accessed forums, message boards, and chat rooms and in that process we transcended the geographic barriers that limited the sharing of thoughts and ideas. Those were “heady” days, and rightfully so. The world was, quite literally, stepping into a new era of information exchange. But, little did we know that once we installed all of the requisite devices into our homes and lives, we had also created a portal that could admit the darkest of strangers into our innermost sanctum. Sure, we eventually learned of the dangers, and (slowly) cultivated the ability to stave off the average type predators, thieves and miscreants. But now we’re faced with something *else*. Something that has the appearance of being (potentially) omniscient, omnipotent, and nearly irresistible. And to add insult to injury, this threat comes from the very source that we *should* have the perfect right to expect it to *not* come from: within our own government.

While I said (above) that I have nothing to hide from any of various agencies who might want information about me, my whereabouts, or my activities, that doesn’t mean I don’t have any justification to have a great deal of resentment or anger about what they are doing if they spy on me, my children, grandchildren, neighbors, or even complete strangers. I do have that anger and resentment, and I do have plenty of justification for it. Not because anyone might ever spy on me. But by raising the mere *possibility* of this pernicious intrusion, let alone (for some) the very reality of it, our government has not only betrayed our trust, but has cast the twin daggers of fear and doubt into the hearts of the very people they profess to protect. They have stolen every sense of privacy, security, or freedom we had, and replaced them with fear, uncertainty, and doubt about the very nature of the nation was once believed to be the greatest hope for peace and freedom. I’ve already been robbed of something far more valuable than the contents of my bank accounts, my personal secrets or even my life. And, yeah, I’m kinda pissed off about it.

End of rant.

• ytz4mee says:

“First, because I have nothing to hide from the NSA or other authorities, or at least nothing that, if they really wanted to know, they couldn’t easily determine (or probably already know). And, sadly, that’s the attitude of a defeated soul, if I simply accept it as a given and do nothing about it.”

At the very very beginning of all of this (in the pre-Obama era), I had the same position. I have nothing to hide. Unfortunately, I am now aware that as you state, that is the position of a “defeated soul” and is the defensive/reflexive response – the conditioned response they want.

Instead, the question should be an offensive one - Why do they need this information? Why do they need to do this to ordinary citizens? Appelbaum is clear to make a distinction in all his presentations about the “open writ” mass surveillance and data aggregation on ordinary citizens vs. bona fide surveillance of those who seek to do harm. This undermines and reverses everything our ancestors fought and died for … going back to the Magna Carta.

Those who think that Congress is going to save us, or that all we need to do is vote in a Republican majority in 2014 are fools. They have been on board with this for a long time, have known about this for a long time, and have no desire to stop or restrain them. Preventing the worst RINOs from getting re-elected (McConnell and Grahamnesty) are important first steps, but in the big picture are only temporary measures.

We can no longer deny we live in a real, not projected, police state. The time has passed for complaining, and now we need to focus on sharing solutions.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

“the position of a “defeated soul” and is the defensive/reflexive response – the conditioned response they want”

I wholeheartedly agree. All issues of timing (in regards to Snowden’s revelations) aside, this is a secret which they knew could not be kept forever, and the gamut of reactions from support, complacency, reluctant compliance, vocal dissatisfaction, or even open resistance (to whatever extent possible) has been totally anticipated. That largely explains the various propaganda efforts seen in the media. They will fool who they can, intimidate who they can, re-educate who they can and ultimately dispose of those that remain in opposition.

“Those who think that Congress is going to save us, or that all we need to do is vote in a Republican majority in 2014 are fools…”

Quite true. That possibility is part of the obfuscation, part of the *lie*, part of the illusion presented by a Hobson’s choice that amounts to nothing since, as you pointed out “They have been on board with this for a long time.”

One question looms large, and that is whether or not the time for greater action has come, and passed. Is there still time, or is Guazetto di Rane already on the menu? Maybe it is. But that doesn’t mean there’s no value in resisting.

• ytz4mee says:

Excellent and concise summation.

Regarding your cartoon …. extremely salient and I may have to appropriate it for a guest post that is being written for later.

• auscitizenmom says:

Well, that’s encouraging. :)

4. Dead Dog Bounce says:

Obama has been using operational security (opsec) for a significant amount of time. He doesn’t have to say anything interesting on his Blackberry.

5. Pingback: Heroes walk among us …. Patriots You Need to Know | Those Damn Liars

6. Our esteemed Friend and fellow patriot Karl Denninger talks exclusively about FLAWS in the TOR project, backdoor(s) embedded in firmware in components that are in Our computers/routers/Modems/smartphones, WEBSITES, in addition to, things in Our everyday lives & activities, On the INTERNET AND elsewhere by the NSA/ISP(s) AND our GOVERMENT..
    He very recently devoted a *TICKER* TO THIS EXACT SUBJECT. I do have permission to post, though this needs to be credited back too Karl Denninger, at *The Market Ticker* (dot) Org

Your ISP Is (Probably) Not Your Friend
    If you remember some of my messages over the last couple of years related to TOR, SSL (so-called “secure” web browsing) and similar I made a number of recommendations that were all of the general form any outside-your-organization “assurance” that your communications are secure must be considered highly suspect at best.

Thus I recommended things like running your own CA (certificate authority) rather than relying on the existing “public” CAs to issue SSL certs, etc. And yes, I am fully-aware of the fact that this sort of approach is a pain in the tush for you to do successfully, and for your users as well — to the point that you won’t do it.

My recommendations in this regard comes from my time in the industry and from when I ran my ISP, and some of the personal experience I had with finding Easter Eggs in places they did not belong.

Now there is a paper circulating that appears to be quite-well researched and documented, making the claim that Easter Eggs have been found in customer premise equipment in the mass market used by consumers and businesses to connect their networks to the Internet.

These “Easter Eggs” amount to a back-door VLAN connection that comes up before the customer connection does and which allow for what amounts to complete control over that device and potentially allows reaching into your network since that device sits upon it!

The ugly part of this sort of treachery is that it is very, very difficult to find. The wire protocols used for DSL and DOCSIS-style cable modems are not trivial to intercept and monitor for ordinary people, and the VLAN connectivity is all on that side of the link, which means that simply discovering it as a consumer is not going to be easy. In addition the code running on these things tends to be black-box style, there’s no source available and customers almost never have true administrative access to it and thus no way to discover and shut this sort of crap off. But what’s worse is that almost-assuredly the carriers are involved in this nonsense up to their necks because (1) they certify this firmware themselves and (2) if and when used the data flows will be easily-visible to their NOC staff.

Here are some examples of what that code can easily do:
    •Redirect flow for a given destination to a fake server mimicking the real one. A command could easily be given to route for a given destination down the VLAN instead of the “ordinary” next hop. The result is that you think you’re talking to “Tor” but you’re really talking to “their TOR”, in which they control all the servers and thus you’re not really encrypted at all! For many devices and applications this would be entirely invisible to you as a user. It is, as a couple of commenters had noted, possible to detect this if you know what you’re doing but most users have no clue how nor for that matter are they likely to perceive this as a threat to be defended against.

•Map all your MAC addresses, which are unique. Normally this cannot be done from “outside”, but if I can get access to your premise local network I can get all your MAC IDs. If one of them (say, your tablet, laptop or phone) then shows up somewhere else I know it’s you. With wide enough distribution of these “hacked” access nodes I can now place you without using the cell tower infrastructure — often within a few dozen feet!

•Break into any vulnerable device and permanently compromise it. NAT normally prohibits this from the outside; you have to go to an infested site or download a file, generally. But if the attacker is in the NAT device, as in this case, they could directly probe for vulnerabilities and if any are found inject their malware without you doing anything. If you have private keys or passwords on that device and it is compromised you are instantly screwed.

•WRITE data to the device that the bad guys want there, but isn’t. This is particularly easy if the machine is configured to consider the local network “trusted” in some form or fashion (e.g. Windows “Home Groups” and similar.) Yes, this would and does allow “them” to plant something on you. In short breaking in can not only steal something, it can manufacture or deposit something.

The document in question is targeted at a specific carrier in a country other than the US but what was trapped by the investigators were data flows to an IP number delegated to the US DOD — in other words, the NSA. And what’s worse is that the endpoint to which this data was flowing was very close in time, meaning that the collection point for said data was almost-certainly inside that carrier’s infrastructure.

Fully protecting against this sort of thing is extremely difficult. Partial protection is easier to achieve, and it all begins with the assumption that any device you did not build and install the software on that is “given” to you must be assumed to be hostile until proved otherwise.

This means that all such “carrier-provided” devices have to go on the “dirty” side of your network.

Doing so won’t stop your traffic from being redirected — even detecting that is hard — but it will prevent “them” from being able to attack your equipment directly.

And by the way, this is pure wiretapping, not simply “metadata” or anything of the sort. In the United States and many other countries provision of such a device to consumers without their consent to such wiretapping would appear to be black-letter illegal as it directly implicates federal and state wiretapping laws. Not that anyone in the general public seems to care these days about such things…..
    CREDITS: Karl Denninger at The Market Ticker
    Go to His site and perform a search about TOR and various subjects,(Internet security) you’ll be surprised.. AND be glad you did..

7. Josh says:

A new quote for my growing list:
    ”Resistance isn’t futile …it’s the new mode of participation”. ~ Jacob Appelbaum

8. annieoakley says:

WOW! Just wow!

9. Partyzant says:

In relation to any records that might exist, consider the following practice of “Glomarization” and how that may play out should anyone seek their own records via the process of the Freedom of Information act (FOIA).

The link is quite dense and it is better to read it there than for me to try to summarize it here. In essence, Glomar Responses/Glomarization is a non-denial denial so TPTB do not have to show you their cards when the hand gets called.

The Glomar Explorer was a ship built by Howard Hughes (under contract to the USG) to retrieve a sunken Golf class Soviet nuclear missile boat off of Hawaii. This was Project AZORIAN.

http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/nukevault/ebb305/doc01.pdf has a FOIA’d and redacted document that was released regarding the event, it is linked here for historical reference and context that FOIA can be a resource. This is public realm information from George Washington University archives. It also gives an appreciation for how involved and bureaucratic operations can be.

You can read more about it http://www.amazon.com/CIAs-Greatest-Covert-Operation-Nuclear-armed/dp/0700618341/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388855768&sr=1-1&keywords=glomar+explorer

What may come to pass? Perhaps a modern-day Church Committee. This was back in 1973 and either cleared the air over a culture of abuse or provided distraction and cover for same… I just do not know which.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

The FOIA document was a *very* long read, but interesting and informative in many senses. The wrangling for approval, even while the ship was already under construction, seems to be indicative of a “ready, fire, aim” scenario/mentality among our military/intelligence community. But one thing I don’t clearly understand. The PBS.org link said that the sub broke apart, and little was recovered. But, from what I read in the FOIA document, that was not the case. What am I missing? Was the PBS document an obfuscation, or was the FOIA document redacted to leave out the extent of what was actually recovered, for security purposes?

• Partyzant says:

If you find the book I referenced, you will get the info you seek. I shop in 2nd hand bookstores a lot.

The sub did break up and a small section is claimed to have been recovered in the well deck of the Glomar explorer. That much they will admit to. Apparently, they filmed it and did a funeral service in Russian for I believe 6 Russian sailors who were reburied at sea. That recording was provided back to the Soviets at an appropriate time.

There are other books out there that deal with the subject, but separating fact from fiction is a tough job.

I read one book that claimed a whole lot more, but I do not recall the title.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

Thanks. After reading the FOIA document I’m curious about this. I remember when the Glomar Explorer was first mentioned in the news, and the idea that they built this ship for the sole purpose of plucking manganese nodules off the seafloor seemed a little far fetched, even in those days. But, as you said, separating fact from fiction is a tough job. Especially when the “spooks” are involved.

10. auscitizenmom says:

{Sigh} This is just too much to comprehend. I just want to go back to bed. :(

11. Sharon says:

Having the capacity and willingness to acknowledge what is so is essential. The difficulties we face in doing that may be within us or around us, and this interface between what is so and our problem in facing up to it outlines a primary rationale for active faith in the Sovereign God. Such faith leads to great exploits as recorded in Hebrews 11 and Daniel.

I do not make this observation to deflect anything from ytz’s great post, nor to spiritualize her points well made. I make it to underscore for myself and for others that fighting the battle that is around us has everything to do with the strengthening and expression of the convictions that are within us. We do not have to (and had better not) believe that we have to choose between being spiritually minded or being useful. We had better be both if we expect to be of any use at all, and maintain ourselves in the process.

Those of us who have not carried carbines in battle or escaped with our lives just moments ahead of those intending to kill us will – if we are to stand in place as we wish to – we will be drawing on similar courage, similar decisiveness and yes – similar imperfections and awareness of vulnerabilities.

Well done, ytz. I can’t get my head around it or easily internalize it all to know what to do, but I know your perspective is right on. Thank you.

12. raskog says:

I heard once that corporations are human. Not sure where the idea began. I suppose one could call a corporation an organism of functioning departments. Human, I’m not certain. It’s a man-made entity, imbued with the spirit of the owner, sometimes innovative almost as if inspired by God elements, yes. Government, on the other hand, if endowed as an organism, is psychopathic and sociopathic. It lacks a soul under ValJar, Barack and Moochelle. It attracts today the useless grifters, who see for themselves a paycheck taken by force from individuals. No wonder Barack Obama aspired to be tyrant of America. Government is without question the plantation owner and hard working whiteys the slaves. He cackles like a witch in the Oval Office upon hearing that Americans are losing all their savings to Obamacare. He could not dream of a better scenario, as a descendant of slave owners himself.

As for NSA, you can bet someone is watching Barack, ValJar, Holder, and Moochelle. Of course they are! Barack thinks he can fire military chiefs at random through NSA spying? Ah, one can only pray the barrel of apples has not got too rotted already.

13. JAS says:

I watched the whole video on my smart TV and it was interrupted 3 times and I had to restart and fast forward it. Who did that?

HOLY COW! As an IT person starting with IBM paper cards this was an awesome video. I knew the whole computing thing was doomed with the first RF (wireless) appliance. The scariest part is that of flashing firmware in phones, hard drives and computers. There is no way to tell. If you ever get up one morning and your computer rebooted overnight you might be done!

14. rashomon says:

And you wonder how voter fraud takes place/can take place in areas with appropriate machines? They can do it from miles away.

15. JAS says:

This all said, including my post above, they succeed because of simple math. They bet huge that 99.9 percent of the population is passive non-threatening and they can key in on the bad guys.

So, just like any one server is vulnerable to denial of service attacks, so is the NSA vulnerable to denial of intelligence attacks and both are all about numbers. The physical and I’m talking not just hard drives but also people resources in the agency are finite. What would happen if every single day when everyone woke up, they typed something sinister that would trigger alarms at the NSA and transmitted this out in the open? It would be over. There are not enough hard drives let alone people in our galaxy to keep track of that. It is that simple.

• rashomon says:

Do we truly know how many people NSA employs? What do we really, really know about our government? Rien. Nada. Zilch.

• JAS says:

The point is that there are not enough hard drives, let alone enough people to look through them, not just in this country, this planet, or this galaxy. It cant be done if everyone floods the system.

• ytz4mee says:

…. to ∞ and beyond ……
          :-)

• JAS says:

For an idea of how big this undertaking would be, just in hard drive, read this:

It’s all about the numbers, meaning, how much stuff the can throw away daily. If everyone seems like the enemy they crash.

• JAS says:

Not only that, but if everyone seems to be the enemy as seen by the software, how can they tell which ones are the real enemies? These mass surveillance systems are all doomed to failure every time for that reason, as long as everyone says NO, and floods them. Again, simple math….

Do we want that? That is a whole different argument, and it really depends on how much privacy we want, or not.

• rashomon says:

Regardless of the fact that it’s un-American and our Constitution grants us the right to privacy, I have seen too many vindictive politicians and power mongers ruin peoples’ lives by distorting information they had no business knowing. We might not be in Kansas anymore, but we still are in the U.S. of A. Yes siree, Bob!

16. Sharon says:

Listening to the video now – he is a hero indeed.

17. LetJusticePrevail" says:

Something not touched on yet but from the original post (above):

“As a result of the ongoing harassment he is seeking permanent residency status in Germany, where he believes privacy rights are stronger than in the US, stating he no longer feels safe in the US.”

Is it just me, or is there something quite *ironic* about that?

18. tessa50 says:

I watched the video and didn’t understand most of the tech stuff, but it was made easy to see what they are doing. I did have to look up firmware. Had never heard of that. I have thought since the patriot act was passed our rights are gone and don’t know how to reverse what is happening in this country.

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

Don’t feel badly, Tessa. What we got was a peek into the world of the “UberGeeks”. If you understood HALF of the technical stuff he was saying, you would probably be making 6 figures somewhere as an IT consultant. But the basic concepts of how extensive the NSA’s capability for penetration into our lives is plain to see. Next thing you know, they will have sensors in the tags of our underwear to measure methane emanations.

• ytz4mee says:

They want to force us to buy refrigerators that can “read” the RFID tags in our groceries.
        There is no end to this, with these people. :evil:

• LetJusticePrevail" says:

Well, if my refrigerator ever calls and tells me what to buy, you can bet I will make a stop at the store. The HARDware store… to buy an axe… (I get pissed when the car goes bing bing bing until I fasten my seatbelt)

• ytz4mee says:

tessa,
      I am glad that you watched the presentation. As I explained above, it is quite technical in parts, but I think the knowledge of what they can – and ARE – doing, in violation of our rights, is important for every citizen to know.

19. justfactsplz says:

Great article. I am going over it and comprehending what I can. Knowledge is our strength and acting on that knowledge is crucial in what we face. Thanks Ytz4mee. While most of it was over my head, I am grateful for learning what I could. It is easier to fight your enemy when you know who your enemy is.

20. LetJusticePrevail" says:

Recent report: Visitors to Yahoo website may have been infected by Malware:after viewing ads:

Cyber crooks at work, or our own NSA doing its thing?