Put this into perspective folks.   This statement is from the White House to CNN’s Jake Tapper when questioned about Vladimir Putin’s Op-Ed and Syria Comments:

White House official said in response. “He [Putin] put this proposal forward and he’s now invested in it. That’s good. That’s the best possible reaction. He’s fully invested in Syria’s CW disarmament and that’s potentially better than a military strike – which would deter and degrade but wouldn’t get rid of all the chemical weapons. He now owns this. He has fully asserted ownership of it and he needs to deliver.”  (link)

Honest question: Can the White House be any more stupid ?   Ownership of the activity in Syria is EXACTLY what Putin wants.   That allows Russia to dictate what will, and will not, be allowed and permitted.   D’oh…. From Putin’s perspective THAT’S NOT A NEGATIVE.

This typical White House logic is unreal:

•POTUS uses an analogy reference to WWII,  FDR and Europe when discussing the reason for dropping bombs on Syria.   While completely forgetting it was Pearl friggin’ Harbor that took us to war in Europe.

•POTUS blames a Muslim mocking U-Tube video for creating Muslim anxiety in the Middle East that lead to Islamists in Benghazi.  While simultaneously requesting permission fire Cruise Missiles into the Middle East which will somehow not lead to Islamists in Syria?

About these ads
This entry was posted in Dear Leader - Creepy POTUS Worship, Dem Hypocrisy, Egypt & Libya Part 2, European Union, Fabian Socialists - Modern Progressives, Islam, Military, Obama Research/Discovery, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Russia, Secretary of State, Susan Rice, Syria, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to How Stupid Is Our White House Team? This Stupid – On Russia/Putin and Syria The White House Responds: “He now owns this. He has fully asserted ownership of it”….

1. Reblogged this on Catholic Glasses and commented:
    Obama fiddles while Syria burns and dies from his thugs. I cannot stand the corner they are backing Assad and Syrians into. To disarm Assad of Chemical Weapons he has never used is ridiculous. Obama is arming the rebels, with our weapons, guns, and Obama is not funny. Never will be.

2. Auntie Lib says:

Careful! When asking this administration if they can be any more stupid, they might take it as a challenge!!!

• doodahdaze says:

They are Liberal Marxist Hippie Nincompoops. That is what they are. The right thing for him to do if he was gonna do anything at all would be what RR did to Kadaffy. Bomb the Assad Palace to smithereens without notice then go on TV and say this is the price to pay. It would have been over with. But Nooooo. This is what Libs do. The worse things get because of their lame brain schemes the only answer is more lame brain schemes. Obama is coming close to beating out LBJ for the worst President in 100 years. He has already topped Cart and Clinton. People who are young do not realize how awful LBJ was. Obama I predict might be even worse by 3 more years.

• myopiafree says:

HI Auntie –
      Obama’s request and speech on prime-time TV, is perhaps one of the most stupid “foreign police” statement by any President of the USA. So he proposed an “itty bitty” attack, because he feels he is “defending the world” against a PRESUMED attack by Assad. Further, that “random” shooting up of a country, will kill hundreds of innocent people. Further, the ENTIRE ARAB world will the BLAME the USA for their murder of innocents. That is one stupid person – that made those remarks.

• John Galt says:

Zero administration is not stupid, but rather evil. They are attempting to put over yet another scam to once again dupe US citizens. Recall the Benghazi youtube video scam and the coverup which followed. Mistake? Stupidity? No, an intentional scam. This is Zero’s MO. They are doing it again.

3. boutis says:

They can’t stop the trash talking can they? When Putin offered a way out after Obama was facing defeat in BOTH houses of Congress (the Senate was going to vote no also) and overwhelming public disapproval both at home and internationally, Obama grabbed it with both hands even if it was not in writing (he is supposed to be a lawyer and so is Kerry) without any details of any kind. Now they are going to pass the buck and criticize what Putin did not even promise or pledge but only suggested? Putin may withdraw his offer and just let Obama stand in the corner.

• Sharon says:

“Trash talking” is exactly what it is….it’s the adolescent comeback with them, always. No depth. No thoughtfulness. No comprehension. No sense of place. Just smart-mouth “gotchas”.

• Polk8dot says:

@ boutis & Sharon,
        I think this is THE best analysis of this POtuS and his administration I’ve ever heard. I’d have gone a little further, although exactly along the same track, in the past.
        To me, a lot if not all that Odumbass does brings to mind a defiant and spoiled 5 year old, who’d stick his tongue at you, squeeze his eyes shut, and stand in the corner, stomping his tiny little foot, shaking the head vigorously ‘No! No! No!’
        Typical attitude of idiots and incompetents everywhere – ‘If I do not acknowledge it, it WILL go away. Right? RIGHT?!? Of course right!”.

4. Wait, didn’t Obama make it a point to say that he’s been discussing this with Putin for some time now?

We need to go ahead with the no vote to prevent Obama from doing an end run around us.

5. Sharon says:

How much of this amazing display of (ignorant?) hubris is attributable to the fact that the uneducated, but degreed staff members who are writing his speeches actually don’t have much practical understanding about the history of nations?

Is it self-deception about their own vaunted omniscience that protects them from hesitation or embarrassment, and even from fear?

6. FairWitness says:

Can anyone explain why Obama ran for the Presidency? He doesn’t want the job, has no intention of doing the job. He cedes his authority and responsibility to anyone and everyone – even blames the American people for his buffoonery. Now he’s actually capitulated to Vladimir Putin? I can’t understand why he went through all the trouble to get elected twice. Everytime he’s required to BE the President of the United States, he fails to perform his duty.

America, I hope you’re learning what a monumental error in judgment we made in electing this man as our leader. We failed as citizens and need to educate ourselves. This is humiliating. I am ashamed of us all. How did we let this happen?

• Sharon says:

“I hope you’re learning what a monumental error in judgment we made….” How did “we” let this happen? “We” didn’t.

In the summer of 2008 when I heard him speak, my judgment (and my creepy-crawly senses) informed me what a mistake it would be. And I started talking about it with family members. And I was mocked. I was accused of hearing black helicopters. But I made no monumental error in judgment.

Did you? If you did, and if you voted for him–own it. You might be surprised at the personal respect that will accrue. Don’t project bad judgment about obama on “us” and “we”.

I am not humiliated. I’m angry. I am not ashamed. I’m disgusted.

The easily deceived obama voters implemented this assault on our Republic. As to how and why they did–only they know, and we don’t have time to analyze that right now. Our national house is on fire.

I mean no personal anger toward you, FairWitness, but the employment of the “invisible we” just is not honest. If you were not deceived by obama, may I encourage you to not accept the responsibility that belongs to The Invisible We. If you were deceived by him, own it and move on. And welcome aboard the Tree…we are doing what we can to move on…..grab yourselv a branch with a view. ‘smores in the evening around the campfire whenever the mood strikes us. ;)

• joshua levin says:

more amazing to me is how absolutely “dug in and defensive” these Obama voters STILL are in the face of clear and present, monumental failure as a national and world LEADER. The man cannot assemble a logical decision tree, make a decision, and impliment without making certain that there is a scapegoat handy to take the blame and fall when his blather fails to be effective improvement in the national interests.

• FairWitness says:

Sharon, I’m angry too! No way did I ever vote for this man. The information about his radical agenda was plentiful. I went through much of the same ridicule with some of my friends when I spoke up about Obama.

You have to admit, though, that millions of like-minded conservatives facilitated Obama’s election and reelection by NOT turning out to vote. This situation is our side’s fault too. We were stupid too. If we’re going to rise to power again, we MUST get our people to vote. I always vote, millions did not and that made the difference.

• Sharon says:

I understand. But it was not “like-minded conservatives” who didn’t turn out to vote. It was pretend-conservatives, short-sighted registered Republicans who thought they would make a grand statement by not voting. It was not like-minded conservatives, and I will not accept responsibility for they did. They are responsible for that.

We all have to bear the consequences of what they have done to this nation, but we do not share responsibility for what they have done.

If “our people” are so stupid that they have to be made to vote, then getting them to vote has questionable value, in my opinion. (I try not to be too dark in my estimations of how bad it is….but it is what it is….)

• benzy says:

It was not only “like-minded conservatives” OR “pretend-conservatives” who elected Obama, It was also voters who chose to elect him only and exclusively on his skin color, particularly in the last election. And many of those subverted the law and voted more than once. As you know, there were precincts where Obama carried over 90% of the votes. There was a block of voters who chose to completely ignore his record over the previous four years, his contradicting statements, his broken promises and CHOSE to base their vote totally on his skin color.. or at least on half of his skin color.

• Sharon says:

Agreed. I was limiting my response to the comment above…..and your expansion of the thought further illustrates why I refused to be roped into the “we are responsible…..” mindset. It’s another version of white guilt, and I don’t buy it.

• FairWitness says:

I’m not laying a guilt-trip on us. I’m a realist. We can castigate those on our side who didn’t vote, rightfully so. But it IS our responsibility to motivate our voters to turn out. McCain was a horrid candidate brought about by open primaries; I.e., democrats chose him in our primaries. I thought Romney was a decent choice, but the campaign he ran was too wishy washy. He could have won had he really taken the gloves off and went at Obama with the truth. Bottom line, he did not inspire enough voters to turn out.

Inspiring our side to turn out is our responsibility to make happen. Sitting around blaming others for what went wrong, not accepting that WE did not do enough to turn out our base, is going to lead to more failure. We have to face this & fix it! And we DO want these people to vote, we need them to take back our country. What has been happening is not our choosing, not our doing, not how we voted – but it IS within our power to persuade them if we accept the challenge. These folks need to be educated & motivated. Who will do that if we don’t?

• Sharon says:

Nobody I guess.

I cannot relate.

Nobody has ever had to motivate me to vote.

Who tells them to wipe their butts? When do we become enablers for our side.

“…it IS within our power to persuade them…”

Really? They’have access to libraries they don’t use, books they don’t read, radio programs they don’t listen to, articles they don’t think through, thoughts they can’t be bothered to think, family members who could answer questions they can’t be bothered to ask, arguments they don’t bother to evaluate, history they can’t be bothered to understand.

Of course they “need” to be educated and motivated. Don’t be too quick to presume they want to be.

I not accept the role of enabler or rescuer with those who are willfully ignorant. There has been SO MUCH available for the last five years, even for those who never paid attention before, and as the attrition of the willfully ignorant continues (as a few of them peel off into sentient thought) those who remain are less and less likely to choose life, and the amount of resources and time it will take to “motivate and persuade” fewer and fewer of them will be completely lopside.

• doodahdaze says:

Disgusted is the word. No other word could describe it.

• sangell says:

Free house with maid service, free food, deluxe air travel, nice pay and full pension after only 4 years work. Hey, its a lazy freeloaders dream.

• FairWitness says:

Of course you’re right, Sangell. Obama wanted the title, not the duty & work that goes with it. I think he’s just plain lazy.

He doesn’t want to govern. He’s ceding that to all the radicals he’s surrounded himself with. It’s like tasking children to perform neurosurgery.

7. How stupid is the White House? If we look at this head on, pretty damn stupid.

But, I’m brought back to Obama’s statement to Medvedev, that he’ll be more flexible for Putin after his election. Now, we have a manufactured crisis that allows Russia to take center stage as the leader and Putin as the “reasonable” one in the room. We all assumed that the flexibility related to missile defense. What if it didn’t?

8. LetJusticePrevail" says:

Obama has continued to show his lack of lack of diplomatic ability. Unless, of course, his intention from the very beginning was to turn the middle east mission into a round of “the dozens”. Maybe he’s saving a really good “Yo Mama” snap for last?

9. ed357 says:

0bama’s going to war in Syria on the side of Al Qaeda was pretty stupid……

but the new 0bama strategy in this Syrian matter reminds me of……..

“Peace for Our Time”…….

How did that work out for Neville Chamberlain and the World?

Putin played 0bama like a cheap fiddle.

10. Didn’t Obama, just recently, claim credit for this wonderful diplomatic idea of Syria turning over all of their chemical weapons to the U.N. as a means to avoiding a strike by the U.S.? I seem to recall him doing that. Now it’s all on Putin should it fail? I agree – we need to go ahead and force a vote in Congress because it does appear that Obama is working a back door initiative to move forward with striking Syria without the support of Congress or key allies. He is about to open a door that we’re going to have a difficult time closing.

How stupid can this Administration be? I shudder to think of the depths.

11. chitownmom says:

This just demonstrates Obama’s mindset…. he’s all about image and politics. He doesn’t get that the bigger issue is not who gets blamed but rather what harm may come to the US because of his decisions.

• Polk8dot says:

Oh, I think he gets it, he just DOES NOT CARE.
      He spent his entire adult life being advanced by other people via affirmative action. Look at his ‘studies’ at the Occidental College, Columbia, Harvard Law. He already admitted that his college years were pretty much the days of laziness and weed smoking while soaking up radical indoctrination from the extreme Left.
      Look at his tenure as a President of ‘Harvard Law Review’, where he was THE ONLY BOSS IN HISTORY of that ‘institution’ to actually NEVER write a piece for the paper, never give an op-ed, NOTHING!
      Look at his ‘law career’ where the only job he could get, even with the official Harvard degree, was a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER. Same goes for Mooch, who after being pushed and pulled through law school, was let go from her law firm in less than a year and set up with the city government position (and the law firm wanted to be rid of her so much, they got her that new job).
      Look at Odumbass at every single public appearance, and consider the stark difference between scripted and unscripted events. It is as if two different people were showing up. We get the ‘polished, educated, eloquent constitutional scholar’ (<<>>) when he is using a teleprompter or his notes. But then that bumbling idiot shows up whenever the questions were not vetted in advance and he is expected to come up with the correct answer all by himself.
      He is clearly a product of intentional, premeditated ‘packaging’, perpetrated by Zbigniew Brzezinski and his acolytes; a straw man who would never have amounted to anything had it not been for others making him their ‘project’ and turning him in a freaking Messiah.
      He is an Intellectual, Moral and Ethical FAILURE, a walking talking ZERO, and a prime example of what misplaced adulation and baseless faith will produce. A KING, an EMPEROR without mind or soul.
      The only thing I will give him is that he is SHREWED enough to know when and which way to turn when the SHTF and pieces are flying everywhere. That’s how he somehow always thinks he’s coming out smelling like a rose. Whoever and whatever gets hurt or destroyed in the process has no compulsion and no difference to him.
      We have been put under the charge of a MALIGNANT NARCISSIST in CHIEF, who will not be satisfied until he’s destroyed this country and this nation.

12. lovemygirl says:

PJTV’s Trifecta: President Obama’s Foreign Policy Makes Jimmy Carter Look Like Winston Churchill

13. Razz Allen says:

I don’t feel the administration is stupid as much as being inexperienced but what I fear is far worse. How stupid are “we” and why does the adminstration carry on as though the majority believes what they are saying?! Is it because they do?! And
    if so, why?!

I have tried to undetstand and I can’t, really. But until conservatives can find and rally around a great, potential leader who can lead and not be influenced by “fringe elements” then we (America) are doomed.

14. czarowniczy says:

Syria and Russia want ownership so as to keep inspectors out of who built the weapons with whose help and components. V;lad get to put a lid on the origins and POtuS gets to say that his foreign policy machismo backed Putin to the wall ‘ forced him to move and avoids the dual embarrassment of his foot-in-mouth red line and having Congress and the people rebuff his attack proposal. Wanna bet this was worked out at the G20? Anywho, Syria doesn’t need the weapons as they can be replaced secretly in a heartbeat with newer and better models and something I’ll get into when I have a bit more time.

• hawkeye13 says:

I would suspect it was worked out even before G20 and perhaps at G20, O and P just firmed up the timetable? While it may appear to the world that Putin is playing Obama, that maybe what they want us to see (and be distracted by). Obama is all about tearing down the US and God. He has/is/will do some very stupid looking things, but I would expect they are planned to look that way to distract America. If it is all about Syria, it can’t be about jobs and Obamacare. Keep the distractions long enough and folks forget about what is going on here at home. That is intentional in my opinion.

• czarowniczy says:

I meant the final form of the surrender and how it would play out, sorry, not precise enough. There’s no doubt in my mind that the Kremlin and the various Kremlin-related intel departments (old Commie system with new shipping labels) had contingency plans in place well before this. This played out too smoothly, either the Russians graded the path Obama walked down or they knew he’d put his foot in his mouth and and didn’t have the chutzpah to follow up. Why is now academic – we’ve been ‘had’.

• ytz4mee says:

No worries, Czar, Pravda is on the job.
      Their reportage on the G-20 summit held on their home turf:

The first steps were made to rid the banking and financial system of the dictatorship of the U.S. dollar as the world reserve currency…

…In St. Petersburg, Russia signed a series of agreements that undermine this monopoly. On the first day of the summit, Gazprom and the Chinese state oil company signed an agreement on the basic conditions of supply of gas and oil and gas development in Russia.

No worries, though … soon we’ll be back to being enthralled with Jay-Z and Beyonce chillin’ in the Sit Room or teh Won explaining his bracket picks. It’s all good.

• czarowniczy says:

Yeah, the POtuS’s buds in Russia have been working overtime since Barry was inaugurated to replace the dollar as both the standard for international oil prices and as the world’s reserve currency. Russia tried to get China, Iran and some other countries to join in a new ‘cartel’ to revalue oil in international sales but the Gulf states, among a few others, wouldn’t buy and China was not really into it as it worried about the worth of the $14-nillion it has in its pockets. Russia’s in the forefront trying to ruin the dollar and that POS in the WH isn’t doing S to prevent it while the MSM’s not actively reporting it. One wonders why Hillary’s not screaming to high heaven about the attempts to trash the dollar, especially since hubby Bill’s rolling in a sea of them. I’m still thinking Barry’s ‘I’ll have more flexibility’ was a hint to his bending us over the barrel.

15. John McLachlan says:

If Obama and his cohorts were merely stupid, they would get things right, occasionally, if only by accident.

Why do so few concede that a more probable explanation for his behavior is malevolence?

• Razz Allen says:

The antiChrist?! That’s about as bizarre as 2
      Boeing 747’s being flown into the World Trade Center!

• Sharon says:

Why? Because they are afraid, and have no idea how to face tomorrow if they have to accept that it’s malevolence.

They have been accustomed to believing someone else will always make things ok, it will never be squarely up to them as an individual. Someone else will make them feel safe; they will never experience direct attack. Someone else will keep America stable and free; liberty will never be threatened in a practical sense.

They have always believed, “I’m not responsible; I will never be attacked; nobody can seriously damage our country,” and the only way to start believing otherwise is to be willing to open themselves up to dealing with the reality of personal threat and national vulnerability.

They’re probably quite incapable of doing that. So it’s easier to reinforce the false sense of security. Buys them a few more hours.

16. doodahdaze says:

OK now is the time for the abandon ship drill. All citizens find your muster station. The ship of state is floundering. Captain Obama has no idea what to do. The Obama Crew is running around telling the passengers to be calm and return to your cabin. All is well.

17. Sam says:

Like Daniel Henninger in today’s Wall Street Journal, I have been agog at the events of the last few days.Just when you think the Obama administration clown posse can’t say anything dumber or sink any lower, they outdo themselves again. It was easy to come up with “that’s what she said” jokes about John Kerry but it didn’t stop there. Amazingly, Obama still thinks he’s “pretty good,” a level of self-deception that surpasses world class.

If only the Obama administration had turned the Syrian crisis over to Putin; they haven’t because the CIA is still giving arms to the Syrian rebels whose major elements now consist of various al Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood linked groups. I don’t want Putin in charge of the Middle East, which is what’s happening. I’m not a Putin fan by any stretch of the imagination. I also don’t want a badly weakened and discredited America, which is what’s also happening. Obama wasn’t kidding when he said he would fundamentally transform America; I expected socialism, not irrelevant laughingstock of the world status which is where we are now. 40 more months of this?! We’re on our own and have to figure a way out of this mess before we have another terrorist strike which is more likely to happen now that Obama has shown himself unable to deal with a crisis.

Is malevolence at work here? Yes, it is. Although I doubt the comic moments were intentional.

18. Jeff says:

I once read that in terms of international relations, the US plays checkers and the Russians play chess.

I’m afraid that under Obama, US diplomacy has deteriorated to the point where the checkers analogy implies too much skill. Obama and Kerry are not quite able to grasp the subtleties of tic-tac-toe.