Day 17 (Week #4) Zimmerman Trial – Witness Discussion Thread

zimmerman-016-070113zimmerman-trial-049-062513

Today, July 2nd, is DAY #17 (of 4th week) State of Florida V. George Zimmerman case.

Today Detective Chris Serino will be back on the stand.   [Yesterday ended] on the stand with Chris Serino, who was the lead investigator for the Sanford Police Department on the Trayyvon Martin shooting. Defense counsel Mark O’Mara led cross-examination with his usual consummate skill, obtaining responses from this witness–remember, the State’s witness–that all but completely guts the State’s charge in this case.

Among the key revelations so far:  Zimmerman was always completely cooperative, open, and straightforward with all the police investigators over many weeks of multiple interviews, both in person at the police station and phone. The sense given is that Zimmerman demonstrated endless patience.  (continue reading summary)

Four Live Stream Links:

Here are some additional *possible* Links to the Hearing:

Hat Tip Rumpole for the list.
About these ads
This entry was posted in BGI - Black Grievance Industry, Conspiracy ?, M-DSPD, Mark O'Mara, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Trayvon Martin, Uncategorized, Zimmerman Trial Threads. Bookmark the permalink.

566 Responses to Day 17 (Week #4) Zimmerman Trial – Witness Discussion Thread

1. Gabytango says:

I think all the state’s got left of any import is the grieving mother Sabrina and her money-maker claims that the voice screaming for help was Trayvon’s. To that end, and hopefully Sybrina being called will be delayed a bit, it behooves MOM/West to keep up the good work in proving through the cross of more of the state’s witnesses that it was George who was screaming.

Yes, the jury will feel sorry for Sybrina, but they will see that her claim, in opposition to the unbiased witnesses who were there, that it was her son’s screams, is coming from a grieving mother who is in denial.

• michellc says:

It seems the pro-Trayvon crowd are hanging their hats on he got out of the car(yes it’s old but it’s still their rallying cry), Sybrina, the ME(I think this one is a hope for them that it will be some kind of proof George shot him in the back or something..lol) and the hand placement.
      I will give them that I think the state is going to use the he got of the car, Sybrina and the hand placement in their closing arguments.

• I Am Trademark says:

I actually LOVE the “He shouldn’t have gotten out of the car ‘cuz the police told him not to” argument.
        Especially since it’s easily proved how that is NOT what happened.
        All you have to do is listen to his UNEDITED call to the police.

• well... says:

He lived for at least 20-30 seconds and up to multiple minutes after being shot. The “hand placement” becomes mute when he could have been moving his hands himself for some time

The medical examination portion is going to again have many people throwing things at their TV, imo. What we know is:

- lived up to 4 minutes after the shot (dismissing the idea he couldn’t have done the whole “you got me” part which they argue is impossible since “he was shot in the heart”)
        - had absolutely no signs of confrontation other then lacerations on his knuckle/s (kind of hard to argue a “fight” when only one side has any evidence of it what so ever on them other then offensive wounds)
        - was definitely shot while on top (yet the wound didn’t bleed much at all and the hole was quite minor – maybe that means it wasn’t really that serious of an injury? I mean, that is the States criteria, right…)
        - had pot in his system (and once this is testified to, we might get to see the texts from him that night)

Really, I am a tad surprised the Prosecution is even going to introduce it; its not really needed and, like every witness so far, does little more then help the defense. Wonder if it will just be yet another of their own witness they get into an argument with.

Plus, it can not be forgotten that for the first 3 days (prior to Good) it seemed as if the State was arguing that Martin was on the bottom – the jury isn’t going to just forget that, and to this point they are likely wondering if Good and Zimmerman are/were the only two claiming otherwise. After the report, the jury is going to have to reconcile the prosecutions early alluding.

• I Am Trademark says:

I can’t stand this bullcrap idea that people have that real life is like TV, where you die immediately once you get shot. Unless the shot somehow ricocheted off TM’s heart and hit him in the brain, he would have continued to live for a short period of time after being shot, and since his spine was also not severed by the magical bullet, he would have been able to keep moving during that time.

“yet the wound didn’t bleed much at all and the hole was quite minor”
          I really hope this idea IS brought up by the prosecution’s questioning of the ME.
          And I hope that the defense has the balls to do some basic anatomy 101 and ask:
          1) What kinds of wound bleed profusely? Arterial wounds.
          2) Are there any arteries found in the path of the bullet that killed TM? No.
          3) So why, when a person is shot, and the bullet hits NO arteries but DOES directly hit the source of blood pressure, would a wound would not bleed all that much?

• ctdar says:

The Jury does not have to reconcile anything the state said in opening or closing statements if facts were not presented during the trial to confirm their “story.”

• unitron says:

When a point becomes pointless, it is moot.

That’s why when law school students do practice trials that will have no actual legal effect in the real world regardless of how they come out, it’s called “moot court”.

Mute means silent or incapable of speech.

The autopsy reports no lacerations or any other injuries to Martin’s knuckles, just an abrasion on the left ring finger in the area where a ring would have been if he’d been wearing one.

• myopiafree says:

Michellc –
        I also see the question – “Why did not George EXPLAIN to Mr. Martin that he was the ‘Night Watch-, and wished to know where Mr. Martin was staying – for his own safety”. It is clear when they say this, the believe that Mr. Martin was a cute little black boy with his Ice-tea and skittles. They have no idea of an aggressive TM who was WAITING for GZ to appear, to be MMA “bait” for Mr. Martin. There brains can not comprehend what TM was like.

• auscitizenmom says:

The “he shouldn’t have got out of the car,” “followed him,” and “creepy” came from Serino questioning of George. That recording had to have been played for the family.

• auscitizenmom says:

And, I think all three of those things were stated by Serino.

• auscitizenmom says:

And, it was Singleton (I believe that is the other officer’s name)changed “following” to “chasing.”

• Chip Bennett says:

Bernie is so desperate to score any kind of point that he’s just setting Serino up to smash some out of the park for the defense on re-cross.

Proposed re-cross questions:

“Officer Serino, can you point out the Florida statute that makes “profiling” a crime?”

“Officer Serino, is there a difference between following the route someone took in order to acquire visual contact, and pursuing someone with the intent to aprehend?”

“Officer Serino, do you have any evidence that Zimmerman ever left the sidewalk between Twin Trees Lane (or whatever the heck the name is) and Retreat View Circle?”

“Officer Serino, do you have any evidence that Zimmerman attempted to pursue Martin with the intent to aprehend him?”

“Officer Serino, does following someone reasonably constitute the imminent use of unlawful force, thereby justifying the use of force in self-defense?”

• lionslover says:

The way MOM should explain the “Following” issue is to highlight the difference between the word “PURSUING” and the word “FOLLOWING” While following is ALWAYS part of the equation when PURSUING someone to PHYSICALLY catch them, it does not work in the opposite context. PURSUING to catch someone is NOT always part of the equation of FOLLOWING. I can FOLLOW someone technically if we are both headed to the local ice cream shop, but that doesn’t mean I am PURSUING them to physically catch them. I can FOLLOW someone just to keep an eye on them, but that does not equate to PURSUING them.to physically CATCH them.

• Bongo says:

Speaking of terminology, much was made yesterday of GZ having referred to TM as “the suspect” in police interviews. Some bemoan the fact TM was allegedly only returning from a store with candy and doing nothing wrong. Well, they seem to forget GZ had called the police to report a “suspicious person, walking slowly, looking about”. A “suspicious” looking person is a “suspect”.
                  There are many much more derogatory words GZ could have used to describe the suspect, TM, but I’d say suspect is the best one.

• lionslover says:

How the heck do you start a new comment? I am logged in and can reply to folks comments, but I see no button to make my own comment? Thanks

2. AmberK says:

I think I put this in the wrong place, so I’m re-posting here… please feel free to delete the one that is in the wrong place

Ok… so I’m still trying to get caught up on the pretrial stuff and I stumbled across this…

Now, I know I am behind and still trying to catch up… but … that looks to me about an as yet undiscussed missing persons report made by Tracy Martin on the day after the shooting claiming that his son was last seen at 8:30 PM… after his son was dead… wearing some clothing items he wasn’t wearing at the time he died.

Am I missing something here?

• froggielegs says:

It’s been discussed here. Yes Tracy called the police Monday morning to file a police report on Trayvon being missing BUT, that call was made AFTER he called Juvenile detention looking for Trayvon. Yes he told police that he last saw Trayvon at 8:30 the previous night which we know is a lie as Trayvon was already dead by then. There is an audio in evidence of this report.

3. eastern2western says:

If serrino testifies tomorrow that he was pressured into filing charges against Zimmerman, every piece of evidence is basically contaminated.

4. froggielegs says:

Yesterday convinced me that while the State wants to appear to be going for 2nd degree murder in fact all they really want is some sort of a lesser. It’s illegal to do that but, you know how the judge let’s the State do what it wants. The State purposely put the interviews and re-enactment into evidence yesterday purposely so that George won’t get on the stand. There is no way they would allow those in if they did in fact have evidence of 2nd degree murder. MOM would not have been able to bring them in because they would be considered self serving so he would of had to put George on the stand. The State doesn’t want George on the stand for many reasons such as the jury would see and hear a soft spoken man who will come off as sweet and wouldn’t hurt a fly. They know the jury won’t find 2nd degree but they are hoping for the lesser. That way it’s a win either way for them and it appeases the BGI

• michellc says:

The manslaughter worries me. It is bs and is not something they’ve proven either, but my biggest concern with the jury is fear. They haven’t lived under a rock, they know of the threats(at least I don’t see how they can’t know) and so that is my worry they’ll let their fear rule them and think manslaughter is just a few years and it will keep the wolves away from our door.
      I want to believe that women are braver than that and care about doing what is right, but I also realize that not all women are as brave as the treeper women.

• Stormy says:

We must continue to pray for them to have courage.

• ZurichMike says:

These are women who one day may face a situation where a feral ghetto thug is attacking them — and they want to be sure that the right to self-defense is still taken seriously.

• froggielegs says:

That’s my fear too Michelle. I think they will find him guilty on the lesser and that’s all the state really wants so they can walk away saying… We tried and at least we got something.

• Stormy says:

If they find that he acted in self defense, will it acquit him of ALL charges?

• gulfbreeze says:

My understanding is yes. See here:

“Even if the state can prove the elements of manslaughter beyond a reasonable doubt–and I believe they can–they still need to overcome Zimmerman’s claim of self defense if they wish to obtain a conviction on that charge.

“Unless the State can disprove self-defense beyond a reasonable doubt, the jury must conclude that Zimmerman did, in fact, act in self-defense. Because self-defense is an absolute justification for the use of deadly force against another, it matters not a whit if the elements of either murder 2 or manslaughter have been proven 2 beyond a reasonable doubt–the verdict must be “Not Guilty.”

“So, the bottom line is: If the State can’t prove murder 2, they can almost certainly prove manslaughter–but still not get a verdict of “Guilty” if they can’t disprove self-defense.”

• yankeeintx says:

I don’t think you should worry. One of the jurors had a CCW that she let expire, but her husband (a lawyer) still has his. I think she is probably thinking if it had been her husband (or herself) that was attacked, would they have done the same as George? I think the most they would be able to get is a hung jury.

• jello333 says:

We don’t need to worry about ANY charge. If the jury believes it was self-defense — and nearly every bit of evidence up to this point proves that — then there’s ZERO chance of George being found guilty of ANYTHING. But I don’t even think that’s what the State is up to… I don’t believe they’re trying for manslaughter. I think they no longer are concerned about George being convicted of anything. I think they are now concerned about something far more personal: They are concerned about their OWN futures.

There’s already been stuff come out that is problematic for certain individuals… like Corey, Bernie, Crump, Tracy, Sybrina. But there is much, MUCH more yet to come out… IF this case goes on long enough. If it ends at the close of the State’s case, via Judgement of Acquittal, all further disclosure stops. But if it goes into the Defense half of the trial, then tons of other stuff will come out. DeeDee comes back, Crump takes the stand, proof of Trayvon’s REAL activities between the store and RTL, and many other aspects of the Scheme… the CONSPIRACY. That will all come out, and almost certainly guarantee civil suits, disbarment, possibly prison for several individuals. I don’t think they want that.

• flawesttexas says:

If they truly do not want that….Bernie needs to immediately go to Nelson and get a dismissal of the charges, with prejudice (the latter so that GZ cannot be tried again criminally).

If they are truly concerned with covering their arse…this is what they do. Until then…Bernie, Corey, Gov Scott, AG Bondi, are all part of The Scheme Team

• I Am Trademark says:

This case was NEVER about “justice” or actually getting a guilty verdict. A guilty verdict would just be a bonus for Team Skittles. Of course, at this point, regardless of the verdict, Zimmerman’s life is over (figuratively, and very likely literally).
        All along, this case was simply a ploy to remove Zimmerman’s CIVIL immunity, thereby creating a situation where OTHER entities (those with deeper pockets than George) are no longer protected from financial liability in wrongful death civil suits.
        That’s my $0.02…

• Bongo says:

I think we need not worry about GZ being convicted of these state charges. He’ll probably be acquitted totally. However, my concern is once the BGI begins more massive protests that turn into full blown riots, lootings and burnings, Eric (Gun Runner) Holder will find a creative way to file FEDERAL charges against GZ. FBI investigation notwithstanding, Holder will find a way. And he’ll be under orders from Obama to do so.

5. Lynn says:

My own family thinks I need an intervention. I have watched this trial from the very beginning and can’t, for the life of me, believe that a jury could find George guilty of 2nd degree murder. If there isn’t an aquittal, I’ll be shocked. My husband (who is pro-Trayvon), said he would have to wait and see what the evidence is before making his decision, but flat out refuses to watch any bit of this trial. He is relying on the media to come to his conclusion that “George should never have left his vehicle.” I find myself beating that proverbial “dead horse” and realize that he’s just like the rest of the “Travonites” that can’t (or won’t), believe the real truth.

As one of the other posters admitted, this case caused a rift in their marriage and I have to admit, it did in ours as well. I admire the fact that his wife actually started researching the case and came to her own conclusions, but like the rest of the “Travvonites” (including my husband), they refuse to seek the truth. They rely on the media to give them the information and believe everything they read is true. *Sigh*

I asked him the other day, “When George is found not guilty of this crime, will you finally be able to admit you were wrong? He said “No.” He then asked ‘When he’s finally found guilty, will you?” I said “Absolutely not! I will still seek the truth!”

MANY, MANY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR EXPOSING THE TRUTH!

• Stormy says:

I’m so glad you are here Lynn. :)

• Norseman says:

But don’t let that rift in your marriage get any bigger now. It’s no use making simple disagreements personal if you don’t absolutely have to.

• DizzyMissL says:

I couldn’t be married to someone who did not seek the truth.

• TandCrumpettes says:

Wow. Its like you described my own husband. You don’t think he could be a bigamist, do you? Well, if that’s the case, you’ve got a good man despite the rift and the whole “two wives” thing. Just kidding!

They’re just victims of MSM, and I suppose they’re too lazy to look up this stuff on their own. I told my hubs my primary news source is “WPDF.” Its the greatest “station” ever – no reporters, no slant, no bias, no spin. Just plain PDF files. When I read them, I’ve got to understand the language, research terms and make inferences on my own, but hey, that’s a small price to pay for the truth. It takes time but its worth it.

WPDF will never let you down. You’re reading the file on your own, not trusting someone else to give you a summary that may or may not be true.

And its commercial-free.

But it appears WPDF may be a popular “station” here, not so much with the masses.

On the bright side, my hubs isn’t above admitting when he is wrong. As the trial progresses, he’s more and more convinced of innocence. If he’d listened to me from the start, this would have been a lot easier!

Good luck to both of you. Forgive your poor hubs, for he know not what he do. Give him a big hug for me…well, I can wait until he gets home and I’ll do it myself! (just kidding again!)

• auscitizenmom says:

I am concerned because a few people I have talked to are watching the trial but can’t get past the “he was only 17″ and “why didn’t George fight him off instead of shooting him?” Funny, because these are the same people who couldn’t fight their way out of a paper bag if they had to. They also don’t think it was racial, but they are concerned about the “racial element.” I am still not sure what they mean by that.

• tara says:

Lynn, first, I’m so glad you found this place, and it’s really cool that you were able to talk about this issue.

I’m very fortunate that my husband is pro-Zimmerman. If he were pro-Trademark and he refused to watch the trial or otherwise review the evidence, it would damage our marriage.

The pro-Trademark faction is willfully ignorant. There is some underlying reason, perhaps prejudice, PC brainwashing, or the need to be “right” all of the time. Whatever the reason is, it’s not rational and it’s not good. Worse, these people are super resistant to changing their minds. I’m sure this way of thinking is not limited to the Zimmerman case, it extends into all of the other areas of their lives and affects their thought processes and decision-making.

When the jury decides that George is innocent, they’ll blame it on some false reason – the jurors are racist, or they are stupid – thus compounding the problem.

• marie says:

The problem is that he trusts the media. He needs to forget the Zimmerman trial and ask himself if the media do a good job reporting other things. He needs to ask himself the last time in his life he remembered there being a team of investigative journalists for networks, urban papers, etc.

And how does he feel the “journalists” do on things like Benghazi??????? ( I think I know his answer: the MMM would tell us if there were anything wrong.)

6. nwtex says:

Anyone know if Rachel’s atty was on TV tonight? Also was someone from the FBI testifying today (Monday)? TIA

• Facepalm says:

FBI voice expert was on the stand (Monday). Rachel’s attorney was on CNN.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

The audio expert, Nakasone, from the FBI testified today. The long and the short of his testimony: Science can’t provide you with the answer to who was screaming on 2/26/12, but science also can’t disprove that someone familiar with those voices (like a family member) is wrong if they tell you who was screaming.

In short, the jury will now listen to Sybrina say it was Trayvon, and then listen to George’s Dad say it was George. Then the jury will have to decide who to believe.

Also, Rachel’s atty (Rod Vereen) WAS interviewed by Piers Morgan tonight:

• nwtex says:

Oh, WOW! Fantastic!!!! I owe you one :wink:

• Stormy says:

How can Rod be doing an interview from Florida while he is clearly on a cruise down a river in Egypt?

• well... says:

The segment after that in which Gloria Aldred (of all freaking people) went after HIM saying he is talking as though he and his client are under the impression they work for the State and are only there to say what is helpful to the prosecution.

My jaw was on the floor

• Bongo says:

And of course MSM is going to make a lot of fuss when Sybrina emotionally “identifies” the screams as being from her precious son. However, they seem to forget George has a mother, as well as a father and brother, too who will swear it was his voice.

7. nwtex says:

This just gave me chills! Look at that grip and the intense look of caring on West’a face. Now my eyes tear up.

• nwtex says:

Poor George! That ugly machine is trying to ruin a fine man (and family) with this farce of a Kangaroo Court.
      I do not know what is wrong with some people my Country!!!!! Get out is what I say!
      How the heck can this be happening! Fools!

• nameofthepen says:

nwtex – That’s a good ‘un. Saved!

West gave me a goose-bump moment when RG said to him, “You can go. You can go!”. And he just kinda “smiled” at her.

It gave me the mind picture of a lean old alpha gray wolf, mildly amused by the foolish bravado of a lap dog yapping at him from the safety of its yard. :)

• LetJusticePrevail says:

It gave me the mental image of the old wolf, and the young wolf standing on a hillside, watching a herd of sheep.

The young wolf said “Hey! let’s run down there and kill one of those sheep!”

And the old wolf said: “No, let’s walk down there and kill them all!”

Or something like that… ;)

• canadacan says:

! The defense team especially West has grown to love and care for George. George is respected and listen to At this point. Now that’s advocacy West loves George like a father. That’s how it should be. So many this love and admire George And the Zimmerman’s For their courage ,family values and decency.
      I hope a bolt of lightning Strikes Tracy Martin For using the MF word Towards Zimmerman family. Both he and Sabrina are bound for poverty and obscurity. In my opinion, The wrath of God and the fires of hell probably await them. You broke it you bought it.

8. ATTN MODERATORS – I would NOT write with capitals unless I thought this might be important.

I believe that, within the plethora of pundit-opining these days, this article MAY be truly important, in a substantial way, for Mr. Zimmerman’s defense. You may have a direct line to the defense, YOU decide whether there is something there, or feel free to disregard if I am not right:

Excerpt [the WHOLE thing is worth reading, imho]

——

After correctly observing that “Murder involves premeditation to kill or, in Florida, a ‘depraved mind’,” Mr. Branca elaborates (italics are mine):

In order to prove the second degree murder charge the State brought against Zimmerman they must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he acted with a depraved mind. To get to a depraved mind they need to show some kind of hatred or ill-will. In most murder 2 cases the people know each other and have a long history of animus, which is the source of the “depraved mind”. Here Martin and Zimmerman did not know each other, so the State is forced to pursue some more generalized hatred – such as racism.
    ———————–
    We do not have a direct contact with the defense team. Posting such a lengthy excerpt, in addition to a link, is ineffective and unnecessary. Anyone who is interested in reading the article can easily do so, and can respond within the thread for the purpose of further conversation about the content. –Admin

• Even more relevant paragraphs, WHICH MIGHT INSPIRE DEFENSE ARGUMENTS!!!

It is virtually inconceivable that a situation involving self-defense on the killer’s part will fit a “depraved mind” charge. And I am not limiting myself to situations when the self-defense claim is legally convincing. I am saying that in any one-on-one scenario where self-defense is worth raising, it is nigh inconceivable that a “depraved mind” murder has occurred. To be more concrete, let’s say we are in a self-defense situation where the claim is legally insufficient: for example, the use of lethal force was not a proportionate response to the threat; or perhaps the killer provoked the altercation that eventually led to his use of lethal force. In such circumstances, we can reject the self-defense claim but still recognize that the killing was not “depraved.” The degree of inhumanity required to make a killing “depraved” is not going to be found in circumstances where a person is defending himself, even if that defense is – as a matter of law – excessive.
      ——————————
      If this material should be urgently considered by the defense, you may want to consider emailing the link directly to their offices. We do not have contact with the defense attorneys or their staff. –Admin

• John Galt says:

O’Mara has been pounding all the cop witnesses about GZ’s absence of any evidence of a depraved mind. Dey Know.

• ZurichMike says:

Agree. The entire article is well-written, factual, and information.

9. Stormy says:

I am getting very weary of talking heads explaining how George Zimmerman’s injuries at the hands of TM were not significant. I refuse to listen to anyone who has not had their nose broken by one violent punch, followed by getting their head bashed against concrete until their scalp splits vertically in at least 2 places, all the while getting suffocated with heavy pressure on their afore mentioned broken nose and pummeled MMA style with continured blows all over their heads. AND I will need photo proof, before they can offer their opinions.

• boricuafudd says:

I agree Stormy, but what makes this argument worse it that it is totally irrelevant to the issue or the applicable law in this case. The whole argument is idiotic and assumes that GZ was not trying desperately to avoid as much damage as possible and protect himself, even then he was injured severely.

At the same time I realized that trying to argue an irrelevant point, just means that the case is even weaker than they thought but are left to argue a point that will not make a difference if the law is applied.

• TandCrumpettes says:

I would love to put these people, Bern and his ilk included, in a room full of rape victims. I want each woman to tell her story. Tell how scared she was, how she didn’t know if she were going to survive, if he was going to kill her after, whether or not she fought back, or even had the wherewithal to even think of trying.

Then I want to tell them, “Well, you know, these fellas would tell you that you ‘only had minor injuries.’ It was ‘merely friction burns’ or ‘minimal tearing.’ You had absolutely no right to fight back because those injuries, in hindsight, weren’t life-threatening so you should have somehow known at the present time that they weren’t going to be.”

I want these people to look these women in the eye and tell them that’s what they really believe. That to fight back would be assault. To shoot would be murder 2 because they weren’t “hurt bad enough.”

That apparently the proper course of action is to ask your rapist, “Do you mean to kill me? Are you armed? How old are you, anyway? Do you have a mother at home who loves you?”

I reckon the next course of action is to believe everything the attacker says, too.

10. sundance says:

Question? There are threads on just about every single person in this “scheme” within our archives. From soup to nuts. That said, I just reposted the Funeral Director.

Who do you think it would be useful for those new to the research to read about? We reposted Julison a few days ago (no need there). Who else?

We’ve got a massive library to resource…. and an entirely newly awakened audience to share it with.

• math2 says:

Thanks to the Washington Post article?

• Bonaparte, for one. He was a slick one in Kansas and he’s a slick one in Florida too.

• Zenny Cellef says:

I didn’t realize that was a repost but it’s very useful now that more people are likely to be searching the net for info on the case. Just wondering, now that you’ve gone big time how are your traffic graphs looking in the last few months?

• DizzyMissL says:

Did you recently post or just link toThe Bloom is Off the Ruse? That was a good one.

• canadacan says:

New and awakened ,what a beautiful sounding phrase that is.
      I wish I had the technical capacity to have the song joshua fought the Battle of Jericho played right now.

————
      Here ya go!–admin

• LetJusticePrevail says:

How about Chief Bill Lee?

• DizzyMissL says:

Had another thought. The one that shows the three stooges is interesting.

• Yes. Here is what I would love newbies to see:

1.) The full 711 video with a helpful Diwataman video showing the 3 stooges
        2.) Show them the wobbly police video and remind them of that intern. I also wonder if SHE was the one that called Rachel (She talked about a lady from abc calling her)
        3.) Then show the texts

Those 3 things are what will smack people upside the head. I noticed when people read what looks (to them) as a conspiracy being unlocked, they walk away. You show them “This is why you are wrong, here’s proof” they have no choice but to pay attention.

I’m well past a point of wanting to educate people. I want to humiliate them. Beat them down. That’s why I am compiling a list of all of this in a digestible format but, for now, if you did any of those 3 things it would help the troglodytes who think Trayvon was a 16 year old honor student. I think the pasts of other people will be ‘over their head’ for the time being.

• Yakmaster says:

Could you repost info on the CRS (did I get the acronym right?) I never knew it existed before coming to the Treehouse.

11. alan says:

I wonder if it had occurred to anyone but me, but the prosecution is throwing this case. Either that, or I am now ashamed of the state of FLorida and its prosecution system. It is a show trial, and I think OMARA now knows that. The state has the gall to impeach their own witnesses, and call the witnesses of the defense. Not only that, but make 344 reversible errors. Could they REALLY be that bad, or has this just been worked out ahead of time…someone please tell me the state of florida prosecution system is not broken!

• flawesttexas says:

Considering that Orange/Osceola County elected as their new State Attorney the prosecutor who lost the Casey Anthony case…and campaigned blaming his boss for the loss of the case…there are some problems.

Even LA did not put Marcia Clark in as DA after she botched the OJ trial

The Seminole/Brevard State Attorney, please note, was removed from Zimmerman case by Governor Scott and AG Pam Bondi…who put their buddy Angela Corey in to persecute…er prosecute the case.

Its broken

• TandCrumpettes says:

I considered that, and last night I really sat down and played Devil’s Advocate. What would I say as the prosecutor? What would I point out? What’s my focus?

Well, I sat. And I sat. After some time I said, “A-HA! George doesn’t have three arms! One for the knife, one for the gun, and another for the camer….oh wait…that was Jodi.”

So I sat some more.

I’ve come to the conclusion that I couldn’t do a better job prosecuting this case than what’s being done now. Basically all we have are a bunch of people who don’t know, can’t prove, much less even suggest that they know what happened. Therefore, from the State’s POV, there’s a 50% philosophical chance that George was a naughty boy.

Meanwhile there is a 100% legal chance that he was not.

I really can’t think of any better way to prosecute a philosophical case than just throw up a parade of people saying, “Gee, I dunno!” and hope the jury doesn’t know what logical fallacies are.

• John Galt says:

“Could they REALLY be that bad”

Yes, they are really really that bad.

• John Galt says:

Evidence that they are really really bad: BDLR is only now objecting to and moving to strike Serino’s testimony as to his opinion of GZ’s truthfulness. Yes, that’s right. BDLR slept through Serino’s testimony yesterday, without objection, as Serino told the jury that he believed that GZ was truthful. That’s how bad they really really are.

• Sharon says:

The idea of the state throwing the case has been mentioned by several…so folks are thinking about the possibility….yup.

12. Unicron says:

O’Mara did a great job with Serino yesterday but today I’d really really like him to ask “and when my client said ‘it doesn’t even sound like me’ what did you take that to mean?”

with follow ups like “any concern at that time that he was admitting it was not him screaming?”

13. nameofthepen says:

Seems to me that police, in potential violent situations, have a choice of control options:
    1. They can talk and defuse a tense situation
    2. They can order a crowd to break up
    3. They can use pepper spray
    4. They can use dogs
    5. They can use billy clubs
    6. They can use tasers
    7. They can use water cannons
    8. They can use guns

Seems to me that George had only two:
    1, Let Trayvon continue to injure, and possibly kill, him
    2. Shoot Trayvon

• alan says:

two itching questions…how come no one can find TMs real 16 year old girlfriend…geeze, there must be a way thru facebook, tweets, etc…and second, why did the insurance company roll over so quick. You KNOW if you are injured in an accident or need an insurance company to shell out money, it takes forever. Is there some inside info we don’t know yet to cause an insurance company to give TWO MILLION dollars out before a jury trial which would make Z immune from civil suits, and probably negate the HOA suit? Don’t tell me….gasp….that…….one of the black lawyers is…..the attorney for the insurance company???

• I Am Trademark says:

@nameofthepen – If TM had attacked an undercover cop the way he did Zimmerman, what do you think would have been the end result?
      @alan – Actually, I am pretty sure that now that this has gone to trial and Zimmerman has waived the immunity hearing portion, he (and all other involved entities like the HOA – you know, the ones with the DEEP pockets) has no civil immunity, regardless of what the verdict is. Just look at the OJ case.

• alan says:

the fine line between an injured party, and a group of vultures who would stoop to stirring up riots JUST for money is…well…..being blurred out. The antics these people are going thru to take advantage of a sad situation is appalling. I wish someone would put a stop to this terrible behavior…who can sue them? OR, even better, get them disbarred, to prevent further tragedy.

• nameofthepen says:

@ I Am ™ (sorry…couldn’t resist! :lol: )

Exactly! Or even, if it had happened in Texas, instead of Floriduh.

And, I’m with you. I’m still kinda confused as to the strategy that the lawyers used on this, precisely BECAUSE OF the fact that even if George is judged Not Guilty, he is still, AFAIK, open to civil suits, as are other tangentially-involved parties, one of which (the HOA insurance company for RTL) has already coughed up a couple mil in “go away $$$”.

(BTW, did you know that CTH uncovered the fact that MOM was somehow involved in that settlement? I mean…WTF??? )

• canadacan says:

Call me horrible but I am in favor of mounted Cossacks running down any mob that appears outside the courthouse trying to do harm .

14. Zenny Cellef says:

Watching CNN for a few minutes last night and their 12 person jury voted 11-1 guilty.. cased closed folks. :-)

15. screwauger says:

This case is proving everything I have feared for the past ten 6 years. It is pervasive in it’s ability to invade every aspect of my day/life. I lack the ability to articulate to others as I just get so damned pissed that it even needs to be articulated. I am not that smart or well versed and I don’t understand why others are so vested in this kids lionization when in fact, they know our world is full of scary people.

• alan says:

I guess the community watch program is gonna take a hit…..who would want to go thru this, just to protect their community….

• alan says:

Also, I don’t think Z is going to do any more community support, if all the help he got from helping the blacks gets this kind of pay back…anyone see any blacks outside holding free Z signs?

• Yakmaster says:

Screwauger, you could be dumb as a box of rocks and still be smarter than those who have closed minds. As far as I know, tunnel vision is only helpful to racehorses. People who walk around with blinders on are at risk of being gob-smacked by things they never see coming!
          Don’t sell yourself short.

• Sharon says:

Our nation used to be populated by people who considered truth and common sense useful and praiseworthy. Now not so much. We now have to laboriously fight for and articulate the obvious. We stopped doing it as a nation during the 1960s when the people currently running the government were rioting on the college campuses. Their yelling caused us to think there was something wrong with us. Fatal error. They were whiny babies whose parents should have taken them out of college, spanked them and sent them to work at the local gas station. Their parents were scared of them a little, too, so they didn’t do that. And now they’re running the country.

We had better to learn to fight. Now’s the time. It’s a limited window to turn this thing.

• screwauger says:

Well said Sharon. I appreciate CTH because in my everyday life I am an island. Seemingly no one cares that the world is imploding and the more I try to gain their attention the more they act like I am loosing my grip and should just enjoy life. I believe I am gaining some insight into how some lose their grip on reality, become self absorbed and live out their years in differing levels of “escape” from the evils of this place. Peace.

16. LetJusticePrevail says:

Well, today should be HUGE, with Serino going back on the stand. And don’t ya know…. I can’t be here. I have a funeral to attend and will miss most of the day. Take notes for me, folks! CYA later in the day!

17. Because of what a great note yesterday ended on I just hope they do not muck it up. And if the Jury believes Sybrina and her bulls__t I hope Tracy is forced to testify and explain why he said, before his lawyer (IIRC) that it was not his son’s voice.

18. waltherppk says:

Here is the theme song for the Scheme Team and Prosecution
    Maybe Rumpole can do a JibJab for us

19. ZurichMike says:

July 4 court is closed, obviously. What about Friday, July 5? Trial continuing or is there a long weekend? Imagine you’re a juror and have to sit at the La Quinta Inn with nothing to do until Monday . . . .

20. goddessoftheclassroom says:

I teach 8th grade, and I’m blessed to live in a great community. The real problem at the heart of America is the loss of a common American culture of ideals. I completely respect the many heritages we come from, but a house divided against itself cannot stand. The whole idea that a “ghetto culture” of aggression is as valid as one of concerned citizenship is madness.

• alan says:

say…I remember a Rachael pic of a bed full of cash she posted…before, or after TM death? Where does a 19 year old get that kinda money IN CASH…..hmmmmmm….before TM death if it was posted then…who cares…AFTER TM death….payoff for standing in as DD?

• Redrider says:

The post stated her mother gave it to her so she could sleep because she was under such stress and they knew it would make her feel better.

21. Yakmaster says:

Good Morning, Treepers. I’m here again for my daily dose of indignation with a generous sprinkle of laughter. The laughing part keeps the indignation from leaving a bad taste in my mouth!

Before the trial starts today I have a question that’s been on my mind a lot lately:
    When George is acquitted can his attorneys take care of all his lawsuits without him having to actually be in the US? He can give his depositions for any civil litigation via Skype or some such, correct?

• ZurichMike says:

One thing at a time.

• alan says:

depositions, yes, but he has to be here for the trial Also, whoever is deposing him will make him come to America, most likely…

• Yakmaster says:

That sucks, but thanks for info. My mind is always mapping out things ahead…
        I’ll try to stick to the subject at hand; the persecution, and not its aftermath, but it’s hard for me.

22. Chip Bennett says:

Just checking in…

23. AlphaWookie says:

Jackson v. what???? what is this in related too?

• arkansasmimi says:

According to Sheaffer, the Pros is trying to argue about the LEO to provide their option. But he is saying Omara skillfully did it and the Judge should let it stand. We shall see

24. arkansasmimi says:

Gonna be a Great Day! If I am not mistaken,this is the STELTH Juror (one stuck in jury selection) Pastor!https://twitter.com/renestutzman/status/352048827739545600

25. ZurichMike says:

Dang, Won’t be able to watch until I get back to hotel in a hour or so.

• clemma716 says:

Here we go! Let the entertainment begin.. I won’t be getting anything done around the house today. Lol.

• moe2004 says:

I cleaned all weekend, my husband couldn’t figure out why. Most of the time I just cook and do nothing on Saturday and Sunday.

• blam says:

Me too! Cleaning and laundry!!!!! Needed to be ready for the week so I could see the trial uninterrupted!!!!!!

26. goddessoftheclassroom says:

Following on twitter but not watching…BDLR asking judge to direct jury to disregard Serion’s saying be thought George was telling the truth…I don’t want to see ANYONE suggesting the State is just going through th motions. They are corrupt almost to the point of evil.

27. arkansasmimi says:
    • boutis says:

Whatever they drag out as precedent to strike from the record, BDLR cannot unring that bell that Serino rang yesterday. Too late and I think MOM knew it and why he pulled it out of his hat at the end of the day. Timing is everything.

28. AlphaWookie says:

Trying to strike Serino’s last statment.

29. arkansasmimi says:

Then why the hell did she allow it yesterday AFTER the State objected???

• truthfan7 says:

‘Then why the hell did she allow it yesterday AFTER the State objected???’

Because she’s a piss-poor excuse for a Judge and is unfit to be on a bench?
      I dunno. JMO

• auscitizenmom says:

Well, at least you will be able to make your next mortgage payment.

• truthfan7 says:

I think you may have misunderstood my meaning auscitizenmom :) I was implying that her about-face this morning, so that she can now continue colluding with the persecution, when she let the witness say what he meant to say yesterday, shows how inconsistent she is in her rulings.

30. arkansasmimi says:
  31. gannasview says:

Judge No Clue Nelson is going to strike Serino’s last statement….I would bet the mortgage payment on it!

32. talking2much says:

A little late for this objection isn’t it? Objections are supposed to made in a timely matter. Besides, the jury already heard it.

33. arkansasmimi says:
  34. waltherppk says:

mistrial ?

35. eastern2western says:

now, baldo wants to impeach his own witness again.

36. AlphaWookie says:

I got nothing here that would counter the states “objection”

37. goddessoftheclassroom says:

I am sincerely praying that God will use this entire travesty to cleanse the corruption infecting the “system.” We deserve better, and we must insist on it.

38. All of the examples had to do with a defendant getting a fair trial. There must be a reason they couldn’t find an example of the state getting a fair railroad.

39. John Galt says:

Witness is walking in the desert of New Mexico and is thus unavailable to testify. RU serious?

40. Zenny Cellef says:

Who is this Prof. Gordon Pleasant?

41. caseyanderson2112 says:

Do these people think the jury are automatons whose memories they can erase at will? Telling the jury to ignore Serino’s response that he found Z truthful serves only to emphasize the importance of that statement does it not?

42. St. Benedict's Thistle says:

West looks very dapper today, as always. Classy, understated.

43. John Galt says:

Mantei proposes to repeal the 6th Amendment.

44. goddessoftheclassroom says:

If this video is allowed, could West call Trayvon’s teachers and administrators?

45. arkansasmimi says:
  46. arkansasmimi says:

this is re to Geo teacher

• arkansasmimi says:

Sheaffer said the State is going to try to say that West was eating Ice cream instead of coming to the depo. And to use the Pix, but that the jury would not see it

47. waltherppk says:

Nelson is about to instruct the jury to unhear what Serino said last yesterday.

48. RogerMIke says:

This is such BS. Serino can’t say if he believed GZ or not?????? What actions did he take? Why did he take them?

If the state has to do all this just to make a point like this…….. this is NOT what justice is.

• I think her ruling is nonsense.

• AlphaWookie says:

There is settled fl supreme court rulings on this. I think it actually is good law. The persicution screwed up yesterday not being ready to challange it yesterday.

• I don’t pretend to understand the intricacies of the law, but the case law presented had to do with the defendant getting a fair trial. They presented no cases regarding the police not being able to say whether or not they believed a defendant when he was being questioned.

49. ZurichMike says:

So why did defense miss depo of Pleasant? Seems like State knew all along, and planned this contingency to drop on defense when needed. Not having a good feeling right now.

• goddessoftheclassroom says:

I want to know, too. However, no matter how negative the testimony might be, I don’t think it could be strong enough to counter the testimony of those there the night of the incident.

• pet says:

The short answer is because Nelson rammed the trial date down their throats and denied all requests for continuance.

• pet says:

West mumbled something about scheduling conflict.

50. arkansasmimi says:

Cant unring a bell

51. Josh says:

Judge Nelson’s final instructions to the jury: You are to find George Zimmerman guilty.

52. arkansasmimi says:
  53. Unicron says:

If these jurors are worth a damn, reasonable doubt has already been established for them a while ago.

54. arkansasmimi says:
    • ZurichMike says:

Consistency does not imply veracity, just that you’ve said the same thing over and over in substantially the same way. Similar to DeeDee being a consistent liar, so is George a consistent truth-teller.

• John Galt says:

MOM sneaked around the credibility objection by breaking the question into two parts: (1) Was GZ consistent? and (2) Was there any evidence that GZ was engaging in deception?

55. Josh says:

I have to turn audio down when they play the tape with the screams. It jumbles my insides and brings tears to my eyes!

56. arkansasmimi says:
  57. Cops are going door-to-door in an American city again, only this time at least they are knocking on doors instead of knocking them down.

The most recent example of a police-state presence is developing even now in Sanford, Fla., where neighborhood-watch participant George Zimmerman is on trial for murder for the death of teenager Trayvon Martin.

58. AlphaWookie says:

Even a pig finds a truffle every now and then. The state did there homework on getting ride of Serino’s final answer yesterday.

59. arkansasmimi says:
  60. Today worried me because of the success of yesterday. Gotta work, bleh. I hope it doesn’t go south.

• goddessoftheclassroom says:

With affection, that’s superstition, not logic. Given that ALL the prosecution witnesses thus far have actually been beneficial to George, it is really unlikely, barring some really strange turn of events, that things will go south.

61. arkansasmimi says:
  62. arkansasmimi says:

Well if Media can see this, Pros can see this. And IIRC this is one that Pros tried hard to strike. Shows at least they are taking serious

• ZurichMike says:

I understand that a few of the jurors have attorneys in the family, so perhaps they are a bit more familiar with court stuff than others. But my worry is tha the attorneys in their families are of the same ideological mold as Crump.

• goddessoftheclassroom says:

What evidence is there for that concern?

• marie says:

Yep, my worry too. Everyone remembers the Obama, “Trayvon could have been My son.” If you are an Obama voter, a devoted one, your bias might tend to lead you to say, “I can’t undercut my guy [Obama} with a ‘not guilty’ verdict.” Bias, unconscious or conscious, works strong ways.

I didn’t watch jury selection: do you think the D spent a whole lot of money on a good jury consultant, the way the OJ attorneys had?

63. AlphaWookie says:

Serino will be back as a defence witness this will stick out in the juriors minds.

64. arkansasmimi says:

AND Judge told Def he can bring Serino back as his witness and Def said good he will. YOU KNOW THE JURY will be awaiting

• ZurichMike says:

And the jury will put 2+2 together long before that: “Oh, *the meeting with Tracy Martin* is the reason why Serino changed his mind!”

65. Josh says:

Part of a police officer’s job is to determine guilt or innocence – not a court of law type guilt or innocence. Their determination is greatly based on their gut instinct. That is all MOM was asking – in essence – “what was your gut instinct as to GZ’s guilt or innocence”.

• AlphaWookie says:

Yes but in court LEO’s are suppose to only bring in facts not the feelings and emotions because a jury could be unduly influenced by the high level of trust society places in officers.

• Josh says:

The way they proceed, with their line of questions, is based on their feelings, their gut instincts.

You are correct, of course, this is court.

• AlphaWookie says:

Judge half nelson did not sustain MOM correct objection. I am extremly pissed because I had to defend the state they made a good point and “she” did not up hold her own ruiling in side of 10 min.

66. yankeeintx says:

Bernie now making it clear that all he has is “f’n punks”. That’s it, that’s all.

67. BertDilbert says:

It would be a great time to admit he actually said these F*cken boots

68. arkansasmimi says:

Serino just said F’ing punks was ill will and spite.

• Unicron says:

After saying it wasn’t… not sure what that’s all about. Hopefully O’Mara will re-re-cross and say “is that also consistent with frustration?”

69. goddessoftheclassroom says:

“Ill-will and spite”?????? OMG, the jails will be FULL of people from sports stadiums!!!

70. arkansasmimi says:

Dispatch did NOT tell Geo NOT to do that and he even testified to that! He made a suggestion, and we don’t need you to do that and Geo said OK and stopped. I hope the Jury remb

71. St. Benedict's Thistle says:

When Bernie repeats “effing punks” over and over again, he’s really thinking about MOM and West. :-)

72. goddessoftheclassroom says:

Does anyone else think perhaps “someone” had a word with Serino last night, or am I crossing into paranoid land?

73. arkansasmimi says:
  74. AlphaWookie says:

MOM is pissed state does not want Serino’s opinions not it wants his opinion.

75. The reason why the dispatcher told George that he didn’t have to follow Trayvon is a legality. He can’t tell him it’s OK to follow a suspicious person because then if something happens to GZ, the PD is responsible.

I wish O’Mara would get a police official to testify to that.

76. arkansasmimi says:

Police and everyone does it everyday

77. Sha says:

Bernie is playing to there emotions now……….

78. RogerMIke says:

I believe people who post on THIS site are law abiding citizens, who value truth………. Sorry, just taking a moment to profile you all.

Geesh…………

79. thehoff71 says:

This is a GREAT opportunity to get the Victimology report or lack thereof in..

80. Lou says:

George INITIALLY went in the same direction, only INITIALLY

81. AlphaWookie says:

Bernie is in damage control mode. I just want him to shout out in open court “You sunk my battleship”

82. arkansasmimi says:

Yep OVERCHARGED ON PURPOSE

83. Why doesn’t MOM object to the whole line of questioning? Serino said he lied about Martin recording, but he didn’t tell Zimmerman he lied. Also, why would MOM concede George knew about the location of video cameras just because he was part of the NW?

84. boutis says:

Does anyone get the idea that Serino either knows nothing of what the community relations NW personnel of the SPD are out telling the community to do or that he has utter contempt for all citizens who don’t want to be crime victims.

85. boutis says:

There is a house with an address. IN THE DARK.

86. arkansasmimi says:
    • pet says:

An Address NUMBER does you know good when you don’t know the street NAME.

UH – Officer please come to 4414 Unknown Street name

• fred12 says:

Yeah but, that’s a different street name. He already said he didn’t know what the name of the street he was on.

• Chip Bennett says:

BDLR points out that there’s a numerical address on front of house #GeorgeZImmerman walked past. Serino agrees. #ZimmermanTrial—
      Jeff Weiner (@JeffWeinerOS) July 02, 2013

And Zimmerman also stated that he couldn’t remember the name of the street, and went across to Retreat View Circle to get a house number on Retreat View Circle.

• kadar2012 says:

Tim Smith was also misdirected if you watch his testimony. The address thing is just BS.

87. St. Benedict's Thistle says:

This will all be disposed of by MOM.

88. Josh says:

So … as I see it … the person to ultimately blame for this travesty is Pamela Jo Bondi, the current Attorney General of Florida who, by the way, has just filed for re-election. Eff her! She can kiss my butt!

89. dawndoe says:

GZ doesn’t remember EVERYTHING that happened while on the NEN call at a PARTICULAR moment. George was misremembering things. He was not lying. This is just SO ridiculous.

90. Angel says:

I didn’t see much of Serino’s testimony yesterday except the highlights but today it seems as BDLR is gaining some points with his (Serino). BDLR got him to state that GZ’s behavior could be construed as profiling.

• Josh says:

Seems to me Serino has changed overnight. He is much more in agreement with the State today.

• AlphaWookie says:

Bernie is blowing smoke, MOM get’s redirect and will get to call him as a defence witness. Also MOM blood is boiling so we might se some flashes of emotion when he re-directs.

• Chip Bennett says:

BDLR is going to great pains to point out inconsistencies that yesterday State’s witness Officer Singleton said were not concerning, and were perfectly normal, because one person will never re-tell the same story exactly the same way twice – especially after having undergone a traumatic experience.

BDLR got him to state that GZ’s behavior could be construed as profiling.

Profiling is not illegal, and does not constitute any element of the crime being charged.

• Angel says:

Chip,

I agree that profiling isn’t criminal as I do all the time. Just profiled the other day in my subdivsion (woman didn’t look like she lived here) and for a moment me and daughter thought she was going to jump through our car to give us a beat down for staring at her. It was funny! LOL

However, profiling in this case seems to have another connotation outside of the general use of it.

• BDLR will also go for littering from when GZ dropped his cell phone.

91. St. Benedict's Thistle says:

Serino is having to walk the edge of a knife here.

• Josh says:

Why “having”? Why can he not just TELL THE TRUTH???

• St. Benedict's Thistle says:

He has to justify the charges he recommended, the charges that he was pressured to come up with.

• Josh says:

Why can’t he just TELL THE TRUTH – that he was pressured. Fall on the effing sword. Too many bow down to the dollar.

The “pressure” of this whole thing is what must come out in this trial. It needs to come out some day. In order to stop those that “pressure” they must be called out.

I apologize for my language and my disjointed comments. I can only hope my point is made through all my frustration.

• Sharon says:

Thank you, Josh. Exactly. We have so bought into the compulsions….my alarm bells always go off when I hear, “Well, he just has to….” Uh. No. He’s not doing it because for some reason he doesn’t want to, and doesn’t choose to. He doesn’t think it will benefit him. He thinks it might bring negative consequences down on his head, cost him his career, cause him to face backlash from his peers, make it hard to return to work. He doesn’t because there’s something that makes him afraid.

He can tell the truth. At any time. There are reasons he doesn’t choose to.

The essence of our jury system is that everybody swears to tell the truth, and then a jury is impaneled to try to figure out who’s telling the truth. It’s time to become very angry at deceivers, no matter what their motive.

92. Josh says:

BDLR: “Did you FEEL he exaggerated the way he was hit”
    Huh??? Feelings?!?!?

93. arkansasmimi says:

And NO lights were on

94. maggiemoowho says:

Did BDLR just open the door for MOM to ask about contents of the phone and why he didn’t have info off the phone.

95. yankeeintx says:

Getting a lot of opinions from Serino, I think Bernie just pushed the door wide open.

96. dawndoe says:

I sure hope this jury has some COMMON SENSE!

• pet says:

If I was on the jury I would be pissed that baldr thinks I’m stupid enough to be impressed with his little wordsmithing efforts without considering the context of the entire situation that night. He would be boring me to tears.

97. ZurichMike says:

I am guessing someone visited Serino at home last night. Do you think his sudden change in tone went unnoticed by the jury?

98. AlphaWookie says:

Did Bernie just open the door on the investigation being taken out of his hands?????

99. AlphaWookie says:

MOM is calling out Bernie’s bad acting.

100. BertDilbert says:

Screeching voice of BLDR ha ha

101. arkansasmimi says:
  102. Yakmaster says:

Serino had his mind made up BEFORE he got the facts.

103. AlphaWookie says:

MOM is looking like an adult as saying hey folks were all adults let’s talk about like adults

104. ncObserver says:

Is it me or are the comments only coming in groups every 4-5 minutes?

105. BertDilbert says:

LOVE MOM attacking Bernie through his screeching voice.

106. Josh says:

MOM: Getting out the Slim Jim :-)

107. maggiemoowho says:

OMG, I did not know this info about a Slim Jim.

108. Sha says:

Serino found a slim jim in the bushes…… Oh Crap !

109. eastern2western says:

oh, there was a slim jim found around the neighborhood.

110. boutis says:

Do you know Trayvon was not doing anything? In the bushes was piece of a window or a slim jim to break in a vehicle where TM was hiding!
    Video of TM coming in later?

111. DizzyMissL says:

Slim jim found. Did NOT know that

112. goddessoftheclassroom says:

I didn’t know that, either!!!!! GO MOM!!!!

113. boutis says:

Anything illegal to see where someone is going? Nope.

114. yankeeintx says:

So that is what Trayvon was hiding, a Slim Jim! I bet that could be considered a burglary tool?

115. froggielegs says:

Whoa a Slim Jim??? Did they take prints?? Probably not.

116. thehoff71 says:

This is the first I have ever heard of a Slim Jim

117. wait, it is confirmed the slim jim was near the scene? WTF? Man I gotta get this audio up if I can. You guys are great. Ty.

118. Yakmaster says:

I had never heard that a car jimmy was found in the bushes behind what-his-name’s townhouse a few days after this incident!

• FedUp says:

It makes so much sense! LOL 45 minutes and walking around… yeah he walking around casing places.

• John Galt says:

There was a previous rumor about undisclosed security camera video showing TM attempting to gain entry in cars parked in a store parking lot.

119. arkansasmimi says:

OHH Found a slim jim in the bushes

120. AlphaWookie says:

The slim jim was found several days later so now it’s immposible to put it in Trayvon’s hands but it does go to show the character of the subdivision. Thus George’s reasonable concerns about TM.

121. This must be new. I had never heard of it before:

122. kobeclan says:

Does this allow the “found jewelry” into evidence?!

123. ctdar says:

wow, as per Serino, burglary tool “slim jim” found in bushes a few days after attack…bushes where GZ said TM came from? Slim Jim is thin metal strip that is used to break into cars or windows.

• Josh says:

Slim Jim used to unlock vehicles. I’m sure, if it was TM’s, he was ONLY using it aid those that had inadvertently locked themselves out of their cars and trucks.

• myopiafree says:

Josh – or learning mechanics as part of his pre- Ph.D. program. /Scarc.

• lovemygirl says:

We had that once at O’Hare. My father was picking us up and accidentally locked the doors. The cops refused to help, and a young Trayvon type offered to open the doors. We gave him $20 and I’m sure he was only there to help people that accidentally locked themselves out. ;)

• marie says:

This is why it’s necessary to bring in TM’s character and reveal that the school and their police dept. confiscated from TM a bag full of women’s jewelry and a “bar” used to break into houses–this is the info the school cops suppressed and wrote up the contents of the bag in a generic way, not naming the articles so that they could justify not arresting TM, a tactic adopted by the police to bring down the arrest stats on black male teens. See the FOIA info posted by Sundance a few days ago.

• ctdar says:

“burglary tool” same phrase used to describe the “screwdriver” and phrase used by Serino to describe the slim jim …anybody ever see police photo of the found jewelery & screwdriver?

• AlphaWookie says:

and sliding glass doors on ground level patios. was that what he was reaching for in his waistband.

• Yakmaster says:

Trayvonites now on triple red alert to assert the Slim Jim is bogus and racist.

124. Josh says:

Serino brings his own pointer :-)

125. arkansasmimi says:
  126. Sha says:

So I think I finally get it…… Serino feels like GZ contributed to TM attacking him.

127. Joel says:

Late, but I hope not too late.

128. St. Benedict's Thistle says:

Serino slipping off the knife.

129. A slim jim to me is a snack. WTF are we talking about? lol. For those of us without audio, what was found? The Randy Savage jerky snack or a screwdriver?

130. pet says:

MOM must be killing it because jabba has to start sustaining objections to slow him down : )

131. maggiemoowho says:

Serino is much different today.

132. AdukeLAXobserver says:

A “found” Slim Jim.

133. yankeeintx says:

Serino has changed his demeanor, because he knows the question is coming “why did you file a capias?”

134. maggiemoowho says:

Didn’t serino tell the court he believed GZ yesterday, so now he doesn’t

135. arkansasmimi says:
  136. sbguy says:

Does anybody else think that MOM was begging BDLR to put Tracy Martin on the stand when he asked Serino about that interview?

137. arkansasmimi says:
  138. LittleLaughter says:

139. goddessoftheclassroom says:

#Zimmerman Trial: Looks like somebody got a hold of Serino last night. “What, demotion to patrolman didn’t teach you your lesson?” (Andrew Branco)

140. arkansasmimi says:
  141. Josh says:

It wasn’t just “based on his presence”, Mr. Serino!

142. fred12 says:

MOM: Trayvon armed himself with the concrete, so Trayvon not unarmed…beautiful.

143. Josh says:

I hope MOM has burglary statistics.

144. ZurichMike says:

I understand from a post on Legal Insurrection that the jurors furious write things down when Serino says (however he is asked) that GZ followed TM. Why?

145. Yakmaster says:

Love it. Getting in the home invasion. That’ll make those women jurors shudder.

146. tara says:

My husband found a TV channel that is playing the trial without any commentary or commercial interruptions! We have Comcast in Chicago. The channel is “Soul of the South”.

• Eric says:

Might want to beware of it. It has SOUL as a name. That could be a black channel. That’s illegally profiling.

147. gannasview says:

I find it hard to believe that a police officer would NOT stop and approach someone who was standing in the rain and looking in a house. That is a load of bull!

• boutis says:

I know everyone in Sanford hopes the slacker is not patrolling their area.

• screwauger says:

Did you catch Serino’s response “if called in by a citizen” implying they have no protocol to stop at potential crimes unless it’s reported by a citizen.

• gannasview says:

Yes I did. Now we understand why there were so many burglaries in that neighborhood.

• AdukeLAXobserver says:

They probably don’t want to get sued for profiling. They only want to show up after the crime has occurred. Then they want to blame the victims for either having stuff worth stealing or putting themselves in a position to get beat up, robbed, or raped.

• FlConservative says:

Someone really leaned on him last night. He was obviously lying when he said he wouldn’t stop to investigate but he also knows it can never be proven he lied. The risk is he will lie when it CAN be proven without realizing it. Serino is playing a dangerous game.

148. AlphaWookie says:

The Jurors seems like they are good note takers so this will be good for George.

149. Josh says:

GZ was more than “open to it” Mr. Serino, he was hoping for it!

150. Unicron says:

Well as those speakers fell I knew what all the headlines would be about today. Now they have their excuse to not mention the evidence again.

151. St. Benedict's Thistle says:

Serino, Just tell the truth. You may lose your job and friends, but you will gain self-respect, and you can start again. Not too old for a new career…

152. Jon Goode says:

MOM should have asked Serino if he would have stopped TM on routine patrol, IF HE KNEW HE DIDN’T LIVE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD and saw him between the houses. Screwed up.

153. arkansasmimi says:

Feb 12 2012 tweet

154. arkansasmimi says:
  155. screwauger says:

And here all along I thought GZ had a reason to be concerned about suspicious black youf in his neighborhood but it sounds as if the LEA’s down south don’t think much about a few underprivileged folks evening the score. Just doing what Mr. Obama called getting their fair share.

156. Josh says:

MOM: “the suffocation challenge” :-)

157. AlphaWookie says:

George could not have seen the house numbers it was night it was dark defence let MOM know if your reading this.

158. Unicron says:

Good lord O’Mara please mention that numbers are useless without a STREET NAME

and ask Serino if he listened to GZ’s previous recorded calls and if in ANY OF THEM GZ ever successfully named Twin Trees Lane!

• boutis says:

Were the crappy house numbers lighted or were they in the blooming dark and “buckets” of rain. Unless you live or drive on a street regularly you don’t know the name especially with all the fake, dopey, made up names that they call streets that rhyme or sound alike in a “planned” townhouse community.

159. AlphaWookie says:

Cobra and Viper are bothe wearing glasses today.

160. AlphaWookie says:

Hammer meet Nail.

161. goddessoftheclassroom says:

BAZINGA!
    Andrew Branca, LOSD @LawSelfDefense
    #Zimmerman Trial: Even if Zim HAD seen house number, what could would that be without street name? http://is.gd/MiCo0J

162. fred12 says:

Is Prosecution asleep? I would have objected to some of that. No, I’m not a lawyer.

163. arkansasmimi says:

Mom is good! Glad he brought up up the reenactment BAM

164. ctdar says:

Ooh good one, point of contact indicated loose shirt meaning than TM was hanging over GZ and tht was way the bullet traveled so gun was NOT pressed against his chest!

165. fred12 says:

At the end of prosecution, will Fred Gwinne stand up and say, “The state would like to dismiss all charges!” ?

166. boutis says:

7-11 photo of TM did not look like a skinny little kid at least Mom’s height. Relative size of GZ is not skinny kid and a big height differential and reach differential between he and TM.

• AdukeLAXobserver says:

And the jury saw the 7 eleven tape with the clerk being shorter than Martin. And they saw O’Mara standing next to the clerk in the courtroom. O’Mara said in court he was 6’2″. Who are you going to believe, the medical examiner or your lying eyes?

• Bogey says:

Question. How tall are the parents of Trayvon Martin? Do you think the jury can figure out that he was a big teen based on their size? I know if I saw two 6′ tall parents I’d assume the kid would be 6′ tall too.

167. maggiemoowho says:

Why didn’t MOM bring up the phone.

168. AlphaWookie says:

Procecutor put tm on top. and bodies shrink after death.

169. Josh says:

MOM has put his size as the size of TM in the eyes of the jury. NOW every time GZ & MOM stand up, at the same time, the jury will make the comparison. Good one, MOM :-)

• auscitizenmom says:

Thanks, I missed that point. I remember him standing beside the clerk, but I didn’t realize that would connect with him and George.

170. boutis says:

Bernie why are you setting up the ME for the defense?

171. Unicron says:

Who else thinks BDLR deliberately said “grew taller after dying” when his entire premise would necessitate the phrase being “became shorter after dying” on purpose, because if he’d said it correctly, Serino might’ve mentioned rigor mortis?

172. MayS says:

and today my internet decides to be super slow!!

173. arkansasmimi says:
  174. AlphaWookie says:

He was on the phone with NEN duh and then put the phone in his pocket smoke screen.

175. Josh says:

No, it is not against the law to wear a hoodie however, it does make one look suspicious – regardless of the hoodie-wearer’s color. It just does.

176. Has anybody seen this? Appears to be legit. Found under press releases on Orlando Business Journal, seach “corey zimmerman.” Comes up under press releases.

177. arkansasmimi says:

WOW Omara just got the jury to realize that TM was the height of OMARA. They will remember this.

178. Josh says:

It’s called a “thought bubble”, BDLR.

179. St. Benedict's Thistle says:

Bernie IS a comic book character.

180. lovemygirl says:

I wish Serino would have responded to BLDR’s fight comments with, sir, I would have been kicking your weak little behind.

181. AdukeLAXobserver says:

You didn’t have W8 phone records and Trayvons? Shouldn’t O’Mara now get to ask why?

And I am sure the higher courts well love Nelson limiting the time O’Mara can use to question witnesses.

182. talking2much says:

This xxxxx judge is denying GZ a right to a fair trial, not allowing his defense to do their job as they see fit.
    —————–
    Edit by admin

183. arkansasmimi says:
  184. AdukeLAXobserver says:

Hahaha Bernie you are sooooooooooo funny. It could be raining outside. Pathetic.

185. arkansasmimi says:
  186. arkansasmimi says:

I guess the live stream is behind compared to the tweets

187. flawesttexas says:

Bernie to Serino : Do you like movies with gladiators?

188. arkansasmimi says:
  189. AlphaWookie says:

I will enjoy MOM bringing back Serino back to drop the real bombshells that was just a good strafing run.

190. recoverydotgod says:

Bernie is terrible voice or body wise [especially hand/arm movements :D ] of setting the visual scene of evidence. MOM on the other hand is really good at it. MoM loves to pick at BDLR’s representations. Totally Hilarious!

191. Susan says:

Nelson parted her hair on the side AND gave her hair a good conditioning! No doubt that she is reading here and took my advice! Good job, Nelson. Now, you really need to go to a hairdresser and get yourself a cut that will flatter you. The hair cut you have does nothing for you. You’ve probably worn your hair like this for years. It’s way past time to change it. You will feel so much better about yourself if you do this for yourself.

• AlphaWookie says:

Then she can find someone better than Bernie to coddle???????????

• St. Benedict's Thistle says:

What she needs is a hairdo that is in keeping with her age. This attempt to have hair that is decades younger than face and form just accentuates age. She needs hair to flatter the age she is now, not try and hide it. Should try to look nice at the age she is now.

• ZurichMike says:

Yes, she gave up the hairbands and clown collars the day after they were mentioned on this site. She must be paying attention. Now she looks less like Cousin It — but she still needs a good stylist.

• AdukeLAXobserver says:

Doesn’t matter what she does. She is ugly on the inside and it well always show through.

• Sharon says:

…seriously? :(

192. Benzy says:

Okay, as I understand today’s line of questioning… it’s the prosecution’s theory that Trayvon Martin did not start the fight when he sucker punched George Zimmerman in the nose… Zimmerman actually “started” the fight by reaching for his cell phone.

193. arkansasmimi says:

I agree

194. Dell Mar says:

Two things:

1. A number on a house is not an address. It’s just a number.

2. On the non emergency call GZ has has lots of trouble telling them where his truck is parked. It’s because the street takes a left turn but there is a left turn before that as you come in the front gate. At no point does George actually say the name of the street and listening to the call one gets the impression that he doesn’t know the name. That the only reference he has is the clubhouse and his own street.

Personally, its my supposition that street names are like phone numbers.

195. waltherppk says:

Next question for Serino. Why didn’t somebody simply slide the back cover off the phone found on the ground beside the deceased, and read the manufacturer’s label bearing the unique IMEI number, and call T-Mobile and find out the subscriber information and the recent call history for that phone?

196. arkansasmimi says:

Zimmerman Prosecutor Angela Corey Criminally Indicted By Citizens’ Grand Jury For Allegedly Falsifying Arrest Warrant And Complaint
    PR Newswire
    OCALA, Fla., July 2, 2013

OCALA, Fla., July 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Florida State’s Attorney Angela Corey has been indicted by a citizens’ grand jury, convening in Ocala, Florida, over the alleged falsification of the arrest warrant and complaint that lead to George Zimmerman being charged with the second degree murder of African-American teenager Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida.

The indictment of Corey, which was handed down last week (see http://www.citizensgrandjury.com), charges Corey with intentionally withholding photographic evidence of the injuries to George Zimmerman’s head in the warrant she allegedly rushed to issue under oath, in an effort to boost her reelection prospects. At the outset of this case, black activists such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, who whipped up wrath against Zimmerman, demanded that he be charged with murder, after local police had thus far declined to arrest him pending investigation.

197. caseyanderson2112 says:

It’s getting to the point where I can’t stand to listen to BDLR any longer. I have fantasies of a little assault and battery of my own. When oh when will the defense begin?

198. arkansasmimi says:
  199. AdukeLAXobserver says:

And now the trashing of Zimmerman’s friends and family, that were not there, begins.

200. arkansasmimi says:
  201. St. Benedict's Thistle says:

I hope this is not too painful, but…

202. Josh says:

Now on stand: Mark Osterman – Federal Marshall Service since Dec. 2001 – knows GZ “very well” – “best friend I ever had”

203. arkansasmimi says:

Look like maybe an attny came in with him.

204. Lou says:

the coughing begins with Osterman on the stand. maybe I’m overemphasizing.

205. arkansasmimi says:

content deleted by request of commenter

206. AdukeLAXobserver says:

Publisher took mf’er out of book?

207. arkansasmimi says:

I thought new thread came up at 11?

208. froggielegs says:

Great another 15 minutes of fame friend. With friends like Osterman and Taaffe George doesn’t need enemies

209. Josh says:

BDLR: “…the victim, Trayvon Martin…”
    Good move although I don’t like it.

210. John Galt says:

So if Trayvon’s knees were at GZ’s rib cage or armpits, then they would block access to the gun.

Is that the point?

211. dawndoe says:

Yep, they’re impeaching GZ’s testimony with this book.

212. Benzy says:

Did BDLR just admit that the book is inaccurate in that it doesn’t exactly quote what Trayvon Martin said to Zimmerman? And he wants to use that book to show that Zimmerman was changing his story? Help me understand how something that is admittedly inaccurate can be used to impeach someone’s statements.

213. thefirstab says:

I have been sporadically watching the trial, and reading here. Does anyone else have an opinion like mine?

IMO, I smell the “winds of change”. Behind the scene, of course. There seems to be, almost scripted, this show trial progressing, but not in the way some were hoping. Even some of the commentary by legal pundits is changing. Judge Alex saying this looks like a “political prosecution”?? All prosecution witnesses favoring the defense? And this presser (a plant?) indicating criminal behavior by Corey? WTH??

214. deanno1 says:

Did you see “legal analyist” Sunny Hostin squirming on Anderson Cooper’s last night? This is the liar who said on HLN last yr that she “found” six witnesses who say GZ was on top. This is never brought up–who are they? Also Jeff Toobin said MOM’s cross was masterful–should be taught in law schools AND BDLR’s head should be exploding with high blood pressure.

215. Kate Moore says:

The ME doesn’t seem to want to cooperate at all. She seems to play dumb whenever asked a question that goes against the prosecutions case.