Update 2:  Two More arrests.   In addition to original 52-year-old suspect Ariel Castro – (suspect photo below) Police are now reporting that his two brothers have also been arrested.

***LOCATOR MAP: Missing Girls Cleveland

Amanda Berry went missing in 2003 when she was 16-years-old
•Gina DeJesus disappeared when she was 14-years-old in 2004
•Michelle Knight disappeared in 2002 when she was 20-years-old

All three women kidnapped on the same busy Cleveland block (link)
•All three of the women were found alive in a Cleveland home and are now being treated at a local hospital
•The 52-year-old man who owns the house has been arrested and is in police custody – Neighbors STUNNED !!
•The women had a girl with them, thought to be about 3-years-old

reunited

Amanda Berry is pictured center being reunited with her sister.  (link)

Backstory - Three girls who went missing a decade ago have been found alive after they were kept in the dungeon of a Cleveland, Ohio home. Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus were found alive on Monday inside a house alongside a third woman identified as Michelle Knight. A 52-year-old man named Ariel Castro and his two brothers have been arrested and are in police custody in connection to the case.

Amazing video with man, Charles Ramsey, who aided their rescue below.

UPDATE 1:  This story is getting even more odd.   Here is a video with Charles Ramsey – the neighbor who saw Amanda Berry trying to escape from inside the house and he went to help her.  Incredible Video:

Missing Since 2002, 2003 and 2004 !

Found Today, May 7th 2013

(CNN)Three women who went missing in separate cases have been found together Monday in Cleveland, Ohio, police said.

One of the women called 911 after breaking out of the house where she had been living.

(Listen to Call HERE)

“Help me, I am Amanda Berry,” she said, her voice distraught and quick, according to an audio recording of the call released Monday night. “I’ve been kidnapped and I’ve been missing for 10 years. And I’m here and I’m free now.”

A 52-year-old man, Ariel Castro, has been arrested, Cleveland police said on their website.

ariel castro

The three women appeared to be in good health, police said.

Scene: The women were helped out of this home on Seymour Avenue that belongs to Ariel Castro

“I am thankful that Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight have been found alive,” Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson said. “We have many unanswered questions regarding this case and the investigation will be ongoing. Again, I am thankful that these three young ladies are found and alive.”

Angie Garcia, whose aunt lives across the street from where the women were found, said Berry ran over to the house Monday and begged to use the phone. Berry, who was wearing a wig, told the aunt who she was and then asked to use the phone to call 911.

The women and two young children came out of the house across the street, Garcia said.

“We never saw the girls there and we were always outside,” she said. “We only saw the guy.”

Berry and DeJesus were in their teens when they disappeared in 2003 and 2004, CNN affiliate WEWS reported. Knight went missing in 2002, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.   (More to the story here)

The psycho, Ariel Castro, even wrote an article about the abduction of Gina Dejesus for the local paper:

dejesus ariel

Hero Rescuer Charles Ramsey – Helped break down door to release Amanda Berry – and call police.

Charles Ramsey - Hero

Amanda Berry Pictured below – center – with a young child who also escaped with her, reunited with her sister in the hospital.

Happy reunion: Amanda Berry (center) was all smiles at the Cleveland Hospital alongside her emotional sister (left) and a young girl that is believed to be the one who fled Ariel Castro's house with Berry

About these ads
This entry was posted in Death Threats, Heros, Police action, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

153 Responses to Incredible Story – 3 Missing Teens In Cleveland Found Alive 10+ Years Later… *Update*: Video Interview With Neighbor Who Helped Rescue: Update #2 Suspect Named “Ariel Castro”, 52

1. stella says:

This is amazing.

2. auscitizenmom says:

My Goodness?!

3. Sharon says:

Consider the deceptions that were at work all along, in so many ways.

Just finished watching that–oh, goodness! There are some twists and turns at the end of his monologue: “I knew there was something wrong when that pretty little white girl ran into a black man’s arms!”….and yet he says it with good humor and with empathy for her.

Now there’s a perfect example of where someone could get stupid and yell, “Racist!” because of what he said. Actually, it just sort of made me chuckle–his empathy is plain, and his gratitude for being able to be part of helping her is obvious. Just makes me wanta hug the guy, actually.

I wonder how many ways he’ll get punished for expressing himself so spontaneously. I hope none….

4. dmoseylou says:

How does that happen for 10 years? In a neighborhood—with 3 women and 2 kids? How?

• Unicron says:

Stockholm syndrome, use of fear, fear of what he’ll do to them or the other girls or to the children if they try something and it fails…

Getting used to the situation, being paralyzed by the belief that you can’t escape, that it will fail, that you’ll only anger him and cause more problems…

I imagine the biggest factor in them getting free was him getting complacent.

5. They were held hostage in the CHRISTMAS STORY house and were able to escape when the Bumpus hounds knocked over the Leg Lamp in the front window, thus distracting the kidnapper..

6. marie says:

Glad for these victims, but watch NBC and even ABC use this story to kick the Wed. Benghazi testimony off the tube. Just the excuse the morning shows need also (and 60 Minutes) not to make Benghazi story #1, which it is. It’s also the kind of story Americans pay attention to rather than the corruption of their President and Secretary of State.

7. Cupcake says:

Amazing!!

8. Apparently LE arrested three brothers including A Castro.

9. dmoseylou says:

This site has a video of the other neighbor who helped break down the door. (I do not know how to C & P just the video.)

10. From USA Today:

McGrath said the brothers, ages 50, 52 and 54, are being held in the city jail awaiting charges.”

11. tara says:

I hope Charles Ramsey is rewarded well!!! Good for him for getting involved!! So many people would have just ignored the problem. If I were a parent of any of those girls I would make sure Mr. Ramsey is never in need of anything.

12. ed357 says:

This is a unbelievable happy story of rescue…….

the only detractor was the attitude of the 911 dispatcher……..

listen to the 911 audio closely…….

note the 911 dispatcher’s lack of urgency in getting help otw……

and it even sounds like she didn’t try to keep Amanda on the phone………

SOMEONE NEEDS SOME RETRAINING.

13. phil says:

Awsome that a neighbor was available to help. Now these three women can get on w thier lives w loved ones. Happy ending to a horrible ordeal for those abducted.

14. Pingback: Three Teen Girls Missing for a Decade Found Alive in Cleveland | Grumpy Opinions

15. stella says:

I saw another video of Castro’s uncle. He said that Gina DeJesus’ family are friends with their family. Weird.

16. ctdar says:

Glad these women had the strength to break free and that Ramsey was in the right place at the right time.
    Naturally media is all over this but I hope it won’t be “the story” that will overshadow Benghazi tomorrow.

17. dizzymissl says:

Mystery of Michelle Knight: Why did no one know third woman was missing? Mother claims she searched alone for years as police ignored her pleas

• p's spinach says:

Once again the po-lice are useless, and neighbors come to the rescue. I bet the previous neighbor did nothing when they heard cries for help. The new neighbor, Charles R, had only been there a year. With warm weather upon Ohio, chances of someone being outside were more frequent. Someone heard the girls’ prayers!

• Omar says:

+1. I immediately thought of Shawn Hornbeck, too, Chip. And I agree with you…..praise God!

• jordan2222 says:

We should never give up on missing children.. maybe a news show every week depicting them would help. . I mean ALL of them.. not just a chosen few.

18. p's spinach says:

I noticed the reporter didn’t laugh when Charles Ramsey made a humorous reference to himself as a black person. The interview ended promptly and abruptly there. Good old Charles was just getting warmed up. He is the antithesis of the slimeball in the White House. Honest and heart warming. So glad the girls are free. And so much for the nice hispanic role model. I hope he’s illegal or something. Crazies like that don’t usually pass the immigration test.

19. aliashubbatch says:

So, life in prison? The death penalty?
    Or an hour with me? :twisted:

20. mcfyre2012 says:

Ariel Castro…sounds Cuban. He’s not from the Mariel Boatlift is he? Fidel emptied his prisons and asylums with that boatlift in 1980.

21. jordan2222 says:

Watch the video here and notice how they censored his comment about little white girls and black men.. totally cut out of the video.

The comments are also interesting. I was wondering how MSM was going to portray this so there is your answer.

22. dizzymissl says:

I wonder why she was wearing a wig?

23. dizzymissl says:

Fox just said they had been pregnant up to five times each:( And that there is dirt that has been disturbed in the back yard.

24. ctdar says:

Meghan Kelly just reported police are digging where dirt was disturbed in back yard of horror house :(

25. dizzymissl says:

OMG, Fox just showed the mug shots–the guys are NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. ftsk420 says:

Anyone read about this guys daughter serving 25 years for slashing her baby throat.

• Sha says:

I read that…. :( it said the baby was 11 months old . I think ( and hope ) the baby must have lived because of the charge on her. My first thought was, what would make a mom do such a horrible thing and then my second thought was ….. does the baby belong to her dad. Thats a sick bunch of folks.

• ftsk420 says:

She’s nuts she slashed the baby throat then cut herself and tried to drowned herself. I heard on the news early this morning neighbors would see this guy daughter show up at the house from time to time.

• John Galt says:

Wow. I wonder if Ariel Castro abused Emily Castro?

“Anthony Castro told a court that his sister had mental health problems. But Emily Castro blamed her mental health on her father Ariel Castro. Shortly after the birth of her child Janyla, Emily Castro broke up with the child’s father. She then slashed her daughter’s neck in a murder attempt. The hideous crime in 2007 stunned a Fort Wayne, Indiana court.

The child’s grandmother, Ariel’s then wife, Grimilda Figueroa was found holding the baby bleeding from near fatal cuts. Ironically in court documents that same decade, Grimilda Figueroa accused Ariel Castro of kidnapping their children, including Emily. At the time, Grimilda Figueroa had complete custody of the kids.”

27. elvischupacabra says:

This scenario played through my mind when I head about this atrocity:

“Okay Castro brothers, this is a good spot. Take your shovels and did a hole big enough for you to lay down in and about 3 feet deep.”

“Is this where we… ah… are…?”

“Yep. Your final resting places.”

“You gonna shoot us?”

“No way. Ammo is expensive. You’ll suffocate in just a few minutes. I know it’s nothing like ten years ‘a hell you put those girls through, but it’s all we can manage on such short notice.”

• aliashubbatch says:

Make it 10 ft deep and toss me in there. Then sit back, sip some brown water and enjoy the show.

• auscitizenmom says:

“I know it’s nothing like ten years ‘a hell you put those girls through, but it’s all we can manage on such short notice.” Would you mind terribly if I suggested snipping off a certain body part with scissors before covering them up?

28. Chip Bennett says:

Maybe I’m being overly critical, but I think the 911 operator handled Amanda Berry’s call absolutely terribly: She tells this poor girl, who just escaped from ten years of captivity:

Dispatcher: OK, stay there with those neighbors. Talk to police when they get there.
    Caller: (Crying)
    Dispatcher: OK, talk to police when they get there.
    Caller: OK. Hello?
    Dispatcher: OK, talk to the police when they get there.
    Caller: OK (unintelligible).
    Dispatcher: We’re going to send them as soon as we get a car open.

In other words: Sorry, dear. I know you just broke out of the house of someone who kidnapped you and held you in captivity for ten years, and I know that you’re now in a stranger’s house, and don’t know when your captor might appear and find you missing. But rather than stay on the line with you until the police arrive, I need to clear this line in case someone calls to report that McDonald’s is out of chicken McNuggets again.

Full transcript:

Caller: Help me. I’m Amanda Berry.
    Dispatcher: You need police, fire, ambulance?
    Caller: I need police.
    Dispatcher: OK, and what’s going on there?
    Caller: I’ve been kidnapped and I’ve been missing for 10 years, and I’m, I’m here, I’m free now.
    Dispatcher: OK, and what’s your address?
    Caller: 2207 Seymour Avenue.
    Dispatcher: 2207 Seymour. Looks like you’re calling me from 2210.
    Caller: Huh?
    Dispatcher: Looks like you’re calling me from 2210.
    Caller: I can’t hear you.
    Dispatcher: Looks like you’re calling me from 2210 Seymour.
    Caller: I’m across the street; I’m using the phone.
    Caller: (Crying)
    Dispatcher: OK, talk to police when they get there.
    Caller: OK. Hello?
    Dispatcher: OK, talk to the police when they get there.
    Caller: OK (unintelligible).
    Dispatcher: We’re going to send them as soon as we get a car open.
    Caller: No, I need them now before he gets back.
    Dispatcher: All right; we’re sending them, OK?
    Caller: OK, I mean, like …
    Dispatcher: Who’s the guy you’re trying — who’s the guy who went out?
    Caller: Um, his name is Ariel Castro.
    Dispatcher: OK. How old is he?
    Caller: He’s like 52.
    Dispatcher: And, uh –
    Caller: I’m Amanda Berry. I’ve been on the news for the last 10 years.
    Dispatcher: I got, I got that, dear. (Unintelligible) And, you say, what was his name again?
    Caller: Uh, Ariel Castro.
    Dispatcher: And is he white, black or Hispanic?
    Caller: Uh, Hispanic.
    Dispatcher: What’s he wearing?
    Caller (agitated): I don’t know, ’cause he’s not here right now. That’s why I ran away.
    Dispatcher: When he left, what was he wearing?
    Caller: Who knows (unintelligible).
    Dispatcher: The police are on their way; talk to them when they get there.
    Caller: Huh? I – OK.
    Dispatcher: I told you they’re on their way; talk to them when they get there, OK.
    Caller: All right, OK. Bye.

I mean, really…?

29. WOW says:

Ok guess they didn’t post my last message(couldn’t help use “A-hole word Iam disgusted with the way 911 operator responded “waiting for car to open” “just talk to police when they get there” NO excuses!!!!! This person is a moron and needs to be fired!!!!!!!! I feel sooo bad for that poor kid asking for help scared out of her mind and gets this 911 operator My Heart and Prayers go out to the girls and their families. I hope they can take legal action against authorities who didn’t look for first girl abducted for not responding properly to complaints down to the 911 dispatcher who hired this person???? Sorry just can’t get over the call and of course I hope those three dirtbags suffer

30. WOW says:

Oh Yeah!!!!! Love Charles!!!!! And yes if was my daughter that man would want for nothing!!!!!

31. dmoseylou says:

McD’s salutes Charles Ramsey

”On Tuesday, the world’s biggest hamburger company addressed the matter on Twitter.
    “We salute the courage of Ohio kidnap victims & respect their privacy,” the company tweeted. “Way to go Charles Ramsey — we’ll be in touch.”

32. rachel says:

looking at the map, they all were last seen on lorain street, was this his Bus Route, investigators should check all busses he drove in past for clues and possible evidence of other reported child abductions

33. dmoseylou says:

News about the child, Jocelyn. Video is at this site.

Cleveland Girl Born in Captivity ‘Smiling,’ Eating Popsicles

34. ed357 says:

OMG…..

Does anyone know who Charles Harper looks like?

Think “meme”…….

35. jordan2222 says:

Follow up post on the 911 dispatcher.

Notice the tone of the dispatcher’s voice in her last instruction to the victim. She sounds angry, impatient and frustrated.

Berry: All right, OK. Bye.