02-22 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

Use this thread as an open thread just for Zimmerman Case stuff. A place to just dump, collect, or discuss general information about the Trayvon Martin VS George Zimmerman Case.

“The sensationalized, fact-deficient coverage of this case has achieved the
desired results. The networks got their ratings. The politicians got their
talking points. And if it means innocent people get caught in the middle of the
racial enmity they’ve fomented, obviously it’s considered acceptable collateral
damage.
Congratulations, geniuses. Job well done. Jim Treacher, The DC Trawler

REMINDER – Please WATCH THE TONE and CONTENT of Commentary. Please be respectful, courteous and considerate of other readers and contributors. Please avoid hatespeak, angry rhetoric, vulgarity, personal attacks and condescension. If you wish to engage in vitriolic, racist, or bitter angry rhetoric, there are alternative sites on the internet more than welcoming to such considerations. But not here. Thank You.

About these ads
This entry was posted in George Zimmerman Open Thread, Trayvon Martin, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

119 Responses to 02-22 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

1. rumpole2 says:

Daily Daft Posts from Justarse Quest

Never before revealed JQ secrets!

How the “experts” do it. A behind the scenes peek at project still in the planning stages.

Secret plans for what will be a major investigation by a senior JQ “expert”

……. with BOMBSHELL results predicted!

A real insight into how all that “brilliant JQ research” gets done…

Loose lips sink ships… I can say no more here…

All will be revealed at Random Topics.

…………………………………….. photo cockatoo_zpse3f8d231.gif……………………………………..
    If only Trayvon had kept his hands in his pockets, none of this would have happened.

2. diwataman says:

My predictions for today’s hearing.

1) Recordings of Trayvon from Sybrina, Tracy, Jahvaris and Stephen. – Denied with exception that Bernie will get a sample from them and give it to O’Mara. Of course the sample will be inaudible and blasting with rap music.

2) Recordings of Trayvon from DeeDee – Denied, “the poor lass has been victimized by whitey enough already, it’s time to give the poor little girl some rest.”

3) Witnesses addresses – Denied, “ask them at their depositions idiot, I done already told you that” -Nelson

4) Crump deposition – Denied, “r u crazy cracka’, no one questions the Crump!”

3. sundance says:

What time is the hearing?

4. waltherppk says:

Don West should present the judge with an honorary railroad engineer’s cap and a flashlight, the cap will look stylish with her robe …..and the flashlight may help her find her way in the dark.

• boricuafudd says:

And out her Chambers if she calls another recess without a ruling.

• justfactsplz says:

She could use the hat for her bad hair days.

• Floridianne says:

Crawling around in the dark. Yep, that’s what we’re witnessing here.

• canadacan says:

You missed your calling Wather, Casey Jones look would be quite the fashion element for her. considering she is attempting to railroad George with a little help from. Her friends. The defense is going to get. The stuffing kicked out of it., regardless the fight continues. I look forward to Sundance ‘s expose. this is 1 of those things that when it’s over it’s still ain’t over.

5. Eric says:

I don’t know if anyone has asked this previously in any other thread but here it goes:

With as lopsided as the case is, once it goes to trial and IF they find GZ guilty (which I pray to god that he will be set free!!!), would he ever be able to have another trial and somehow offer a “Alford Plea” deal? I don’t want to see something like that occur because he should be free but would their ever be a chance for this to be done or am I looking in the wrong area?

6. boricuafudd says:

Please clarify what you mean by this: “With as lopsided as the case”

7. brutalhonesty says:

reposting….omara needs to add this to the list…..demonstrable threats due to the crumps influence on the jury pool via his many media lies:

lyrics:time to put my good on, i got my hood on, Im a dead breed but you can call me trayvon, I put the skittles and the ice tea down, picked up the bullets and loaded up (sounds like traytown), they thought I died, but im livin it, lets get it lifer where da fuck is zimmerman, I heard they wanted to let his ass free I hope he doin life cuz I got the penalty, run up on him after court like hey remember me, pop him in front of camera so the whole world can see, ITS THE MEDIA THAT BROUGHT ME BACK TO LIFE YA SEE, ya mutha fuckas just wont let me be, they compared me to the hottest topic since KONY, posted pics from kids that dont even know me, let me rest in peace, my story’s been told, I hope this song, dont make the radio. (hook Im a dead breed repeated and chopped and screwed)…

theres more but im tired of transposing.

8. diwataman says:

One of the new Sanford chiefs goals? Keep the community safe during Zimmerman’s trial.

“New Sanford police chief talks new job”

@1:54

• tara says:

He’s coming from Elgin IL? For those who don’t know, Elgin could be considered a far-suburb of Chicago. It’s on it’s way to becoming a mini-Detroit except that Elgin has been destroyed by Mexicans. Best measure of its demise: housing prices. They are ridiculously low, at the level of some of the worst neighborhoods in Chicago, and continuing to drop. Stately homes sit on the market for 6 months, a year, or even longer because few people want to move there. Gangs and welfare recipients are in the majority now. Once beautiful neighborhoods have been destroyed. Smith was on the Elgin police force for 25 years. There has been NO recovery even though the reporter and Smith allude to one. So why was he hired by Sanford? Is the Sanford City Council in charge of appointing the police chief?

Am I paranoid or realistic? If I were a white person in Sanford, I would move out of there.

• tara says:

Excerpts from this article http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130130/news/701309807/

The offer of employment he received Tuesday comes with an annual salary of $110,469, said Smith, 51, a 25-year-veteran of the Elgin department. His current salary is about $127,000, and he said he is reviewing the offer and needs to discuss it with family.

Smith went to Florida last month for a two-day interview process that included a community forum. He was among five finalists for the job that attracted 76 applicants.
        Sanford City Manager Norton Bonaparte Jr. said he and other city officials were impressed with Smith’s “philosophy of policing.” Last week, Bonaparte met with various community leaders in Elgin, including the mayor, city manager and police chief.

Smith was interviewed in Florida by a panel that included Seminole County and NAACP officials, Bonaparte said.

So he was chosen by a black city manager, interviewed by the NAACP (uh, why were they invited?), and he’s leaving a higher-paying post in a city that is 44% hispanic (almost exclusively Mexican) and only 7% black. I am not surprised. I would like to know more about the other candidates though… any hispanics? or whites?

9. diwataman says:

Prediction:

Judge moves trial to Miami Gardens ;)

• Springstreet says:

diwataman – I have some other predictions: 1. Bondi shill Gov. Scott abandons convictions and takes Obama Medicare money. 2. Pushing Obama gun control, NPR shows hazy police station picture of (bloodless) Stand Your Ground shooter … as weepy Trashcan Momma mourns young (photoshopped) son she never raised. 3. Judge seeking next political appointment defends Obama’s long lost “son” by agreeing to deny … wait … Wait! What am I saying? These predictions have already come true!
      This must be Obama’s Land … where everything is about JUST US.

• tara says:

Sybrina’s apartment!

10. ed greene says:

If by any chance Judge Nelson does not let “All about the Benjamin”¨Crump be depositioned. It is time for MOM to ask for a special Prosecutor to see who is pulling strings if this is Justice or 2012 get out the Black vote in Presidental election both from Scott and Obama and appease some people for past injustices.

11. Sharon says:

Considering the rotting smell that is drifting across the nation, and knowing that there are bodies stashed–isn’t uncovering the rotting bodies a positive? I think it is.

If Judge Nelson disappoints today, it’s another jolt of reality. I have learned the hard way that when I am dealing with a liar there is no peace in desperately searching for evidence that I am not being lied to. Finding out that the lies are worse than I suspected, more intentional than I ever would have accused the liar of planning, far more damaging than I understood–none of that offsets the benefit of establishing, at a grim level, the reality of just exactly how bad it is. For the truth teller, there really is benefit in how bad it is being fully exposed.

I don’t have much interest in getting liars to accept just enough truth to be able to pretend they aren’t naked any more. Truth has to displace lies, not collaborate with them. If there are lies to be displaced and exposed–that way lies TRUTH. I don’t dare act like I’m a Marine, but isn’t there an ad that shows the Marines always running toward the sound of the artillery? Truth needs to always be running toward the darkness–and not being shocked when the liars huddled in the darkness are exposed. The motivation for truth-telling really shouldn’t be reduced to “this has just got to get better…..” No. It does not. Not if you’re dealing with liars.

The lies that are fueling this mess were not ginned up for the sake of the Trayvon Martin family. They are bit players.

• recoverydotgod says:

• myopiafree says:

Hi Sharon – most of us do not expect to encounter the extensive lying that Crump is doing – and encouragin others to do – specifically DeeDee. This is where ONE LIAR (the prostitute) who lied and accused the Duke students of raping her – created a huge expensive case against three innocent Duke students. In fact, the prosecution (NiFong) found out that she was lying – and HID THE EVIDENCE from the Duke students – so they could be aquited. The Black Grivence Industry, run by “Rev” Shapton kept on “PUSHING IT” by threat of a “Thug Riot”, so Nifong kept pushing – and avoiding seeing the obvious fact that the prostitute was lying. (Any SERIOUS CHECKING – would have proved it). The same is true for the lying DeeDee. The prosecution WILL NOT CHECK ANY PART OF HER INVENTED STORY. But this is IDENTIAL TO THE NIFONG CASE. As long as one person can lie – this BGI will continue to inflict injustice on innocent peopl – at HUGE EXPENSE to the taxpayer. It is time that the lying “witness” DeeDee be put into a lie detector.

• Sharon says:

myopiafree–I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said. “…extensive lying that crump is doing–and encouraging others to do…” Law-abiding folks seldom expect to encounter those who live by lying and have little experience in confronting them. Crump. Sharpton. Tracy. Sabrina. JJ. Some within the SFB. The focus is on Crump today.

Those whose plans require lying-at-length, and aiding and abetting other liars, are somewhat dependent on those to whom they are lying continuing to try to figure out what the liars are doing, as they are amazed at the depth and intentionality of the lying.

I’m just suggesting that within the situation as we know it, there’s no reason to think that their thus far successful way of doing things is going to change. Intentional liars are like street fighters who got very good at streetfighting while the rest of us were chipping about the business of every day life. Practiced liars run circles around truth tellers until the truth teller consciously understands that what they’re dealing with is not the lies they are aware of, and that’s a difficult conscious understanding to come to.

As I said, I think I agree with everything you said. Especially the second to the last sentence–X100000.

12. buck says:

Has anyone seen the pic of Tayvon the crump tweeted. Not a small 17 yr old.

13. Eric says:

I meant lopsided by the favoritism shown to The Scheme Team instead of showing the truth.

• tara says:

Until now, Zorn had been a pretty good voice of reason. But suddenly now he’s joined Team Skittles and he’s promoting some idiot’s book? Zimmerman had plenty of time to return to his truck? If true, what law requires him to be in his truck at all times? What about the so-called scare chile Trademark, who had been “right by” Brandy’s apartment yet minutes later is back at the T he’d passed many minutes earlier? As for the question “who started the fight”, we know who started the verbal altercation: Trademark. Even DeeDee #1 has stated so, and her account agrees with George’s. I think it wouldn’t be unreasonable to think that the person with the most injuries is the one who didn’t start the physical fight. An unprepared person who has been suprised attack would be ill-prepared to defend a punch straight into the face, you know?

I’m terribly disappointed in Zorn.

14. LetJusticePrevail says:

Watching the hearing now, and seeing the JUDGE argue the positions of the STATE and of ATTY BLACWELL *FOR* THEM! Why are BDLR and BB even IN the court, if the JUDGE is going to argue their case for them? CLEARLY this judge has her mind made up, and will NOT rule in accordance with law.

WHERE IS JUSTICE? NOT IN COURTROOM 5d!

15. Josh says:

Stand your ground’ is a good law, Florida task force says
    TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – “A state task force has determined that Florida’s so-called “stand your ground” statute is a good law and shouldn’t be overturned.”
    “The 44-page report released Friday by Gov. Rick Scott’s office said all persons — regardless of citizenship status — have a right to feel safe and secure in Florida and have a fundamental right to `stand their ground’ and defend themselves from attack with proportionate force.”
    “The report recommends that Legislators review standards for neighborhood watch groups. The parents of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, who was killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer last year, had asked the task force to change the law so defendants couldn’t use it in a self-defense argument.”
    “The task force recommends that watch volunteers should be told not to pursue, confront or provoke potential suspects.”
    Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/stand-your-ground-is-a-good-law-florida-task-force-says#ixzz2LegPU5Qb

Task Force on Citizen Safety and Protection
    Report of the Governor’s Task Force on Citizen Safety and Protection
    FINAL REPORT

Additional information regarding the study:

(apologies for the double post but I decided this more belongs here than there)

16. LetJusticePrevail says:

Well, we have heard from the schedule nazi: NO DEPOSITION OF BEN CRUMP, but the subpoena duces tecum for voice samples from Jahvarius, Stybrina, Tracy, Stephen and DeeDee GRANTED.

What is that I hear? The distinct sounds of the “delete” and “erase” buttons on a number of recording devices all being “clicked” at the same time? Yes, I believe it is! She even smiled when she approved the subpoenas! Anyone wonder WHY? I DON’T.

17. I’m so tired of the knock out game.

Minneapolis:

….Casey Wolford, standing inside the bus shelter with his headphones on, heard a loud thud, which probably was Gary Vang hitting the glass. Wolford saw the youths attack Vang on the ground before they ran off. “He was very groggy and out of it. He could barely stand. He was stumbling,” said Wolford, who called 911…..

…..His mother is ready to open-enroll her sons in suburban Hopkins schools as soon as there is room there. “I have to do what I can to protect my children,” his mother said

Later in the day…

Beaten Henry student admitted to Hopkins

18. ottawa925 says:

I think you all might have seen MOM’s Response to Capehart on the gzlegal website? … and then I had posted a Trayvonite’s rant in respone to Mom?

Well apparently Capehart did respond today:

• eastern2western says:

YES, MR CAPEHART. YOU MR WHO DOES NOT HAVE A LAW DEGREE, BUT YOU BELIEVE YOUR OPINIONS ARE BETTER THAN A LAWYER WHO HAS YEARS OF CRIMINAL TRIAL EXPERIENCES AND A JD BEHIND HIS TILE. STOP EMBARRASSING YOUR SELF, MR CAPEHART BECAUSE YOU NEED TO GET A LAW DEGREE, PASS THE BAR AND SPEND AT LEAST DECADES IN CRIMINAL COURT BEFORE YOU FORMULATE YOUR STUPID OPINION. ALL YOU ARE DOING IS TWISTING THE LAW TO YOUR INTERPRETATION. THE SYG LAW GIVES LAW BIDING CITIZENS THE RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES IN A PUBLIC PLACE AND NOTHING ELSE SPECIAL ABOUT IT. THE IMMUNITY HEAR PART HAS ALWAYS BEEN PART OF THE CRIMINAL COURT, BUT IT WAS NAMED WITH DIFFERENT TITLES. STUPID MORONIC JOURNALIST.