It’s Going To Snow Alot, and It’s Going To Be Windy. So…..

Pro-Tip. Roll up your windows.

That is all.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to It’s Going To Snow Alot, and It’s Going To Be Windy. So…..

1. jordan2222 says:

On January 19, 1977, Old Man Winter paid an unwelcomed visit to residents of Miami, Florida (yes, Florida, not Ohio) and brought along a surprise gift — snow! For the first time in the history of the extreme south of Florida, snow danced through the air and dusted the ground briefly. It also snowed in the Bahamas.

It snowed on January 18th and 19th, 1977 in Tampa and it has not snowed since as far as I know.

2. lovemygirl says:

:) I left a sunroof open once years ago.

• arkansasmimi says:

Now that is Chillingly FUNNY!

• lovemygirl says:

One of those weather patterns where we had unusual warmth followed by a blizzard. I even looked outside and saw my windows were rolled up before heading to bed. I forgot about the roof.

• stellap says:

Sounds like the 1967 storm. It was in the sixties the day before.

• arkansasmimi says:

Oh goodness Stellap, that happens her quite often. They are talking about snow for Valentines Day! lol On weekend before Christmas, was in high 60s and no one believed we were gonna get the snow predicted, OH MY We got 10 inches in my area! Lost power for about 4 days! My warm prayers go out to these folks!

• stellap says:

I live in southeast Michigan now, but lived in the Chicago area from 1962-1971. I’ve seen plenty of snow storms in both places, so I know what you mean. My daughter lives out on the west edge of the city (actually in Oak Park) now.

• lovemygirl says:

I live just about 10 miles north. Straight west of O’Hare.

• stellap says:

I went to high school in Bensenville – lived in Bensenville, Wooddale, Glendale Heights.

• lovemygirl says:

Oh wait, we discussed this before, my memory is not so great. ;)

• stellap says:

I think you’re right. I had relatives in Itasca and Roselle.

• lovemygirl says:

Yep, and my sister works in Roselle at a dental office.
                    An aside, I just looked up something on our village website on Coyotes because our neighbors warned us about our small dog and coyotes. The Village talked about living in peace with them and taking precautions where I just say shoot the varmints. Hell, I had to pay people and buy my own traps to deal with the possum, skunk and racoon problems at my old home (4 blocks away) that they refused to deal with.

• stellap says:

My friend lived on Cape Cod, and had two cats killed by coyotes – the second one, while he watched, in the middle of the day in his driveway! The enviros won’t touch them, and you are allowed to either, in Mass.

• lovemygirl says:

I can’t remember which year. It wasn’t ’67 since I was not able to drive anything, but a banana seat bike at the time. I do remember the late 70′s and early 80′s storms is my best guess. I also remember 32″ in 3 storms (more like 2 1/2 storms, enough to paralyze the city) falling on the DC suburbs the year I moved back to the Chi-Town area (’96). There was a family from Jamaica that took lunch trays and “shoveled” around their little car and jumped in, put it in reverse and were surprised they could not go anywhere when their bumper met up with 3 feet of snow. MD section 8 housing folks snuck into horse and sheep country to be “fair”. I guess they missed that neighbors with 4WD’s were hunkered down for 3 days until they plowed our street.

3. elvischupacabra says:

Y’all smell that?

It smells like another pork-laden, 40-billion dollar, “relief bill” for the northeast.

Harry Reid’s friends are already lining up outside his office, I’m told.

4. labrat says:

I’m in the 2′+ zone. :( Already have 3 inches and it’s not supposed to start for 8 hrs. :P All I want is to keep power. Based on luck and history – my chances are slim to none.

5. aliashubbatch says:

Sounds like tortilla soup weather! :D

6. yankeeintx says:

Here is a more accurate map of expected snowfalls:

7. czarowniczy says:

High 60s, zero wind and overcast (reminiscent of early spring in Connecticut). Perfect brush-cutting and tree planting weather – I’m off to do both. Feel free to contact the Administration and tell them how upset y’all in NE are about the basic unfairness of the disproportionate distribution of weather. I’m sure the POtuS will promise to rectify the situation while Michelle prepares sugar and fat-free fair trade soy-based cocoa for all of the affected… errr… effected.

8. elvischupacabra says:

I’m grilling on the patio. After lunch, I’ll sneak in a wee dram of single malt, and smoke one of my last six illegal Cuban Romeo y Juliettas, while I read in the cool breeze and sunshine. This time of year, life on the upper Texas coast can be very nice.

9. dizzymissl says:

Um, I actually did that one time. Brand new Beemer. I was inside and accidentally hit the button on the key that makes all four windows go down. Got up in the morning, similar situation.

Hence my name:)

10. WeeWeed says:

You should SEE this crap all over the t.v. … :roll: Back in the Pleistocene when I was a mere pup, WE called it …. winter.

11. Bongo says:

Here’s yet another example of a Democrat politician with a swelled head who thinks he’s king. Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick has ordered all private vehicle drivers statewide to be off all public roads as of 4:00 pm today due to the snow storm. Incredible!

Many drivers have 4 WD vehicles with tires that allow them to easily navigate through snow covered roads. His proclamation uses the threat of up to a year imprisonment for ignoring this dictate.

Thank God I live in Oregon where we have mountain ranges with winter-long snow on the highways. Our governor would never do something as stupid and unconstitutional as this.

• yankeeintx says:

Years ago, while being transferred from MA to WY, we were entering Wyoming and came to a gate across the highway. It was snowing like crazy, and we thought it was unusual to see a gate on an interstate, so just drove around it. When we got to Cheyenne and checked into billeting, they said they were surprized that we made it because the highways had been closed for hours. We just started laughing and explained that we don’t just close highways in New England and the little gate meant nothing to us. I had no idea that they could just close down the whole interstate!

• ctdar says:

I know most people living in NE are responsible drivers & all have heavy SUVs/4 wheel drives to get thru incliment weather. We have in the past been advised to stay off roads during heaviest part of storm unless necessary but never ORDERED. As a youngin favorite parts of wintertime were doing “donuts” in empty parking lots :)

• yankeeintx says:

Ctdar: My dad taught me how to steer through a skid/slide in the snow by taking me to a parking lot. He had me at 35 mph, then he’d pull up the emergency brake! I thought it was “wicked fun”!

12. ctdar says:

I guess the other 553 Chicago murders didn’t matter to mooch; oh and double honor Jarrett is goin too!