For clarity.  In concession, I personally am not against state-run background checks using all available secure databases.   However, I am vehemently against a national database of actual gun owners. There is a big difference, and one I have yet to see anyone articulate in the public media forums.

Meaning, once you have cleared the “state” background check hurdle, and are able to purchase firearm(s), no-one should know what, how many, or what type you own. Check the background, approve the purchase, and that’s the end of it. No further record keeping.

…. And NO.  No-one should TRUST this administration about this.  NO-ONE.

(The Hill) When pressed by host Chris Wallace on the fact that the White House has said nothing about a universal registry, LaPierre responded, “And ‘ObamaCare’ wasn’t a tax until they needed it to be a tax. I don’t think you can trust these people.”

LaPierre was referring to the administration arguing the healthcare law amounts to a tax before the Supreme Court — an argument the high court agreed with in upholding the individual-mandate portion of the law as a valid use of taxing power.

On Sunday, LaPierre continued his efforts to stem momentum for new gun-control legislation in the wake of the school shooting in Newtown, Conn. He contended that a universal background check would not be workable, in part because of the lack of digitized mental health records and the fact that criminals would not seek out guns in that fashion.  (link)

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, A New America, Communist, Dem Hypocrisy, media bias, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Potus Gun Ban, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized, White House Coverup. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Finally – The Discussion About A “National Gun Registry”: NRA “You Can’t Trust This White House”….

1. cajunkelly says:

He’s right…except that it’s more than this administration you can’t trust. If he or she is a politician, I DO NOT TRUST HIM OR HER. Period.

2. maggiemoowho says:

I watched this interview today, I thought Chris Wallace was a standoffish with Wayne. It has to be so frustrating for Wayne to have to keep explaining things to these knuckleheads.

• stellap says:

I agree, maggie. I was surprised that Wallace took such an antagonistic stance during the interview.

• maggiemoowho says:

I was shocked also, He even reminded Wayne that he was doing the interview. CW was soft on Mark Kelly. Mark Kelly makes me mad, he was a soldier and still uses the term “assault weapon” . I bet he is going to run for some political position.

• Coast says:

you know he will..

• ed357 says:

I’ve wrote on another blog about Captain Mark Kelly (USN-RETIRED)…….

“……where Capt Mark Kelly (USN) (Gifford’s pilot husband)spouted off about his 25 years in the military and that he knew assault weapons and they were designed to kill many people in the shortest amount of time?

A Captain in the Navy has been about as close to an “assault weapon” as the common civilian woman……and a Navy Pilot that bailed out into NASA even less.

“Assault weapons” are found in the military but a civilian AR-15 ain’t no “assault weapon.”

Captain Kelly please quit being stupid…..you make the rest of us look bad.”

3. cajunkelly says:

SD,
    I don’t even want a state level registry. Background checks? Sure, and those are SUPPOSED to be destroyed afterwards. Who the hell knows if they are. But NO databases. NO NO NO.
    A state data base is what led to the NY fiasco.

• sundance says:

I guess I’m not making myself clear. I don’t think any “registry of ownership” should be kept at any level. The national database I am talking about is one to conduct background checks, and ONLY background checks..

No-one should store a database of ownership, or registry, or anything of the sort. Not federal, not state and not local.

Local, State, and Federal databases should be accessed to check the background for purchase ability – but that’s it. Once approved, done.

• michellc says:

Refer to my post below though, there is a way for them to create their own gun registry. Gun dealers have to keep the paperwork that lists every gun they bring into their store with make, model and serial number and they have to keep a list of every gun they sell and who they sold it to. I found this out recently by a gun dealer and if they don’t have their paperwork in order when the ATF shows up they will lose their license and can have to pay a huge fine.

• jsjavascript says:

I’m going to be brutally honest here and say there are an estimated 254.4 million registered passenger vehicles in the US. if vehicles have VIN #’s guns can have GIN#’s and mandatory registration of all guns, collector or otherwise within a 2 year time constraint should be the law of the land. everyone knows what happens when a VIN # is altered, you go to jail. period
        a mad man stabbed 7 people in Vancouver BC 2 days ago, No high powered rifle or hand gun was used. These kinds of assaults and random acts of violence will always happen, and no government or police agency will stop someone who has a propensity to do so, we all cry now for sandy hook. but what happens when a suicide bomber decides to go shopping at a local mall one day, I dare anyone to say it can’t happen, I never dream’t the twin towers would come down, how many of us did? we put measures in place to act as preventative deterrence it’s the best we can do.

We do not do illegal things and no one can take our right to bear arms its not happening, but what can we do with the illegal guns on the street? the ones that end up in Chicago or Philly? Someone should be accountable for them, I know I’m not pawning off a hand gun to some punk on the street just to recover a couple of hundred dollars because I no longer want that particular pistol, I’d rather take it apart or melt it down before that would happen. but I know in my gut there are scoundrels out there without a shred of moral fiber, the world is becoming a cold and strange apathetic environment in which to raise children , How do we get the odds back on our side?

• michellc says:

A car is not a right listed in the constitution, a gun is. As for guns on the streets of Chicago or Philly, do you honestly believe by forcing all of us to submit to universal background checks or a gun registry is going to stop it?
          You want all of us to march down and register all of our guns, I say you’re no better than Obama. I will not register my guns, I will not stand by and accept that guns that have been passed down through generations in my family now not be allowed to be passed down to my children without a confirmation number from the government saying they’re fit to be in possession of their family heirlooms.
          It is against the law to knowingly sell a firearm to a felon. It is against the law now to sell a handgun to a resident of a different state than you reside in without going through a FFL.
          If you have a problem with selling your gun privately, there are gun dealers that buy used guns daily, take it to them to sell. Don’t tell me what I can and can not do with my guns and other than to family members I have never sold a gun. I have bought guns from individuals and from auctions where there were no background checks, the same as I’ve bought guns through a dealer and went through the background checks. It is not though about what I personally do, it’s about what my right is and the right of every other law abiding citizen. I am not a criminal and there is no gun that has ever been in my possession that ended up in the hands of a criminal.
          So you can take your brutal honesty and file it as your opinion, your opinion that is unconstitutional btw.

• michellc says:

I’m not for anymore background checks than we already have. For one we don’t know if they are destroyed and after being told by a gun dealer about their paperwork that they have to keep for the ATF, I don’t trust that either. It’s not that farfetched to say you buy a gun on 2/3/2013 and on 2/5/2013 you see a good deal on a gun and you buy another gun, etc. They know a confirmation number was given for Joe Blow on these 2 days at this particular time, look at the dealers paperwork and see they sold this model of gun with this serial number to Joe Blow, now they know Joe Blow has these two guns and their serial number. So they can have without our knowledge a gun registry.
      I’m also against an universal gun registry because I believe it is my right to give or sell my gun to my family member or friend without the government’s input. Another scenario, let’s say you have 12 guns and two kids and you die and leave 6 guns to each kid. Now in order for those kids to legally own those guns they would have to go pay a fee to a gun dealer to have a background check performed. If the dealer wanted he could charge a fee for each gun.
      Now if you could guarantee me that the government doesn’t know they now own those guns, I would have less of a problem with it. However, nobody can give that guarantee. If there was even proof that guns sold through private sales were being used in mass shootings or even the majority of gun murders, I would have less of a problem with it. However, that is not the truth and when it comes to mass murders almost all of them had purchased their guns through a dealer and passed a background check.

4. Eric says:

Anyone who wants a database for “secure purposes” only need to take a look at what recently happened in South Carolina with what is supposed to be once again…”secure.

• ytz4mee says:

Exactly. I’ve lost count of the numerous of offers I’ve had from the DoD for “credit report monitoring” at no out of pocket expense to us because our “data” held by DoD or third party vendors, such as medical and dental providers, has been “compromised”.

Yeah. And these are the people tasked with keeping the Nation’s secrets, secret.

Sure. There’ll be *no* problem with the integrity of a “gun registry”. /s/

5. teajr says:

I think that Wallace was throwing curves b/c if he didn’t it would look soft, and besides, the truth is on Wayne’s side so it wasn’t hard for him to hit it outta the park.

6. Allfal says:

I oppose the background checks that we now have. I certainly don’t want any more. Liberals say that they want more complete information available in a background check. Medical information that they claim may have prevented some shootings. I think this to be complete b.s. . However, in the spirit of true compromise, I have an idea.

BATFE has already issued rulings that any individual using medical marijuana is a person prohibited from owning or purchasing a firearm. I propose that we add the medical marijuana database from the states to the NICs check. Several states have legal medical marijuana available by prescription. prescription creates a paper trail that can be loaded into a data base. These users are persons prohibited from firearm ownership. Liberals want more prohibited persons from being able to purchase legal firearms. As a compromise, let’s try this for a few years. If it has any effect on the crime rate, we can then reopen a debate on adding more background checks.

I would enjoy observing liberal heads spin around like the exorcist on this one. If you want to include medical and other information that MAY prohibit someone from a legal gunstore purchase, then we certainly should include those that ARE legally medically prohibited by existing law, right?

• Wraith says:

How about we don’t?

First off, screw the BATFE–they shouldn’t exist in the first place, nor should the DEA. They’re both completely unConstitutional, as the Feds have no authority to regulate anything those agencies deal with. I’m not in favor of giving the slightest damn what their rulings are–it just helps them pretend they’re something other than a gang.

Secondly, marijuana CAN be and IS used medicinally…and not just by liberals.

Bad, bad, bad idea. Information is power. Giving the .gov more power is not a winning strategy for us..

• michellc says:

Liberals know background checks are not going to stop people from using guns to murder. It is all about control.
      I once thought of background checks as fairly harmless and something that made sense. I would still have no problem with them if we had a government we can trust. All levels of government though have proven they can’t be trusted. So I’m glad I have guns that there is no paper trail anywhere for. Because if my fears bear out and the government has been keeping their own illegal list of gun owners, there are some guns they can’t track.

I was thinking when I read about the ATF screw up in their sting and had their guns stolen about this local gun dealer who had guns stolen. He went through all the red tape to get his license, had the bars, the safes, etc. required by the ATF. Someone managed to manipulate the locks and stole several guns. He had a security system and the cops came but it was too late. He lost his license because he didn’t adequately secure his firearms. Although, the ATF deemed he had adequate security, yet they have guns stolen and it’s just oops our bad. Different set of rules for us and them.

7. ctdar says:

Here, here…a father that used the extensive process of walking into the Newtown hearing and threw it in the officials faces and quoted Charlton Heston:

8. These idiot politicians are going about it all wrong…as per the usual. My suggestion is to create a database which has a comprehensive list that can be updated in real time. This will list every felon and every person NOT allowed to own a firearm. This can be brought up online at the FFL dealer. The dealer will cross reference your information with the database. If you’re not on it, you are able to purchase. If someone on the list attempts to purchase, have them arrested.

• michellc says:

I have the best idea of all, if they truly hate guns and they truly want to live in their utopia communist country, repeal or amend the 2nd amendment. I honestly would have more respect for their opinions if they attempted this, at least it would be constitutional.
      I would make a deal with them, send it to the states, if you win no more guns, if you lose no more gun laws.

• John Denney says:

Well said.
      Too bad I didn’t read it until after I said about the same thing below . . .

9. ed357 says:

Constitutional Amendment…….

They did it banning alcohol…….

Then they did it repealing the ban on alcohol………

The only legal way to overturn the US Second Amendment is an Amendment to repeal the Second…..

Without an Amendment……….states can get around all gun bans by passing state law that establishes all able bodied men and women are “de facto” members of that state”s militia.

10. John Denney says:

Current law has it backwards: no one is allowed to carry without a permit.
    It should be: All citizens are allowed to carry except criminals and insane.

So there should just be an online database of citizens not allowed to carry, which should be checked by the seller at purchase time.