01-30 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

Use this thread as an open thread just for Zimmerman Case stuff. A place to just dump, collect, or discuss general information about the Trayvon Martin VS George Zimmerman Case.

“The sensationalized, fact-deficient coverage of this case has achieved the
desired results. The networks got their ratings. The politicians got their
talking points. And if it means innocent people get caught in the middle of the
racial enmity they’ve fomented, obviously it’s considered acceptable collateral
damage.
Congratulations, geniuses. Job well done. Jim Treacher, The DC Trawler

REMINDER – Please WATCH THE TONE and CONTENT of Commentary. Please be respectful, courteous and considerate of other readers and contributors. Please avoid hatespeak, angry rhetoric, vulgarity, personal attacks and condescension. If you wish to engage in vitriolic, racist, or bitter angry rhetoric, there are alternative sites on the internet more than welcoming to such considerations. But not here. Thank You.

About these ads
This entry was posted in George Zimmerman Open Thread, Trayvon Martin, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

534 Responses to 01-30 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

1. rumpole2 says:

Daily Daft Posts From Justarse Quest

You can’t fix stupid.

No matter what the facts are…. Zimmerman is guilty.

Why? Because that is the lynch mob position and pesky facts will never change that.

They would prefer that these facts stayed hidden… They are not “Questing for Justice, their Quest is for a “Lynchin’)

As evidence comes to light, the cretins see it as unfair that people are allowed to use them, and if they come out anyway… so what… Zimmerman is guilty so lets firstly deny, then downplay, then simply press on regardless of any silly old evidence stuff.

Random Topics

• lovemygirl says:

F them! I really do mean that Rumpole. I visited another site and the hatred is almost comical. Forget them, they are worthless human beings.

Oh…… forgot to add:

Stalkers from JQ…. read no further… it will only upset you.

Scoot.. move along.. back to the sewer with you…Ma Baker, your site Madam will be in to say hi later.

LivelaughLove will copy everybody’s post and add a bit of hate at the bottom.. but contribute nothing intelligent….. I guess she figures you are all so stupid you wont see what is already posted unless she multiple quotes it all :D

• rumpole2 says:

Living Loving Maid (She’s Just A Woman)

• lovemygirl says:

The hate is drawing you in. Collectively they have the IQ of a tomato.

Why you hate tomatoes?

You Americans can’t even pronounce Toe-Mah-Toe properly

• Chip Bennett says:

And where I grew up, they’re “MAY-ters.”

I don’t care how they’re pronounced; I just care how they taste. One of the best parts of living in Missouri was tomato season…

• boutis says:

We call ‘em ta-may-ters in Texas. Also sweet pa-tay-ers. I think we use more syllables because we talk a lot.

• Flaladybug says:

Ooooohhh Chip….I knew I liked you!!! Never met a FRIED GREEN MAYTER I didn’t like!!

Or a mater sandwich for that matter!!! LOL

• thefirstab says:

At the rag where I previously worked, someone would bring in her garden’s abundant harvest of ta-MAY-tuhs, and others would supply the Sunbeam and a big ole jar of MAY-uh-naze. Add Salt & Pepper…. what a feast!
                    I grew up in FL (the southern part – some don’t consider me Southern, like my hubby) – and although I love tomatoes, had NEVUH had a tamaytuh sammich. YUM :)

• aliashubbatch says:

I just use ta-may-ters for making some salsa.

• jello333 says:

Years ago we had a pot-belly piggie, who liked to sit out in the back yard with my wife. And back there, we had some stuff growing, including a bunch of tomatoes. Our piggie seemed to think they were pretty good, because she was always trying to eat them. Now if she would have just grabbed one and been satisfied with that, no big deal. But noooo….. she had to try every one. A little bite out of this one… nope, that’s not the right one. Then another one, and another. Half of our tomatoes wound up with a little bite out of each one. Pigs are strange…

• rumpole2 says:

It’s a bit of a NZ tradition.. many guys, even if not that keen on gardening, put in a row of tomatoes. Even when we rented a small unit.. all you ned is a small strip of soil somewhere.The traditional time to do it is “Labour Weekend” early October long weekend.
                  I used to go along with it.. a row of say 12 plants… provides mountains of tomatoes.. hard to keep up with them, soup is a bit of a waste.. but I did some of that.. but mainly I turned excess into pasta sauce and freezed that.
                  The catch is…. when outdoor tomatoes are producing in home gardens.. they are as cheep as heck to buy… but it is fun to grow your own. I stopped bothering though, once the kids left home… just the two of us don’t need mountains of tomatoes.

• LittleLaughter says:

Tomatoe Biscuit. THIN biscuit (homemade of course), DUKES mayonaise, salt, pepper, slice of tomatoe. Good eatin.

• justfactsplz says:

They hate us because they hate George, nothing is going to change that. They will never see George as he truly is, or us either for that matter.

• rumpole2 says:

I am under no illusion that I can change them… hence today’s theme “You can’t fix stupid”
        When people attack a friend, I defend him.. and attack back.. with like force, or better.

• justfactsplz says:

Good for you. That is the way I feel too. We just keep shinning the light of the truth against their evil lies. I have not done battle on J.Q. but I have elsewhere. I just point out facts in the evidence against their erroneous claims.

• lovemygirl says:

OK, then how do we attack them so to speak? I do have an unbanned user ID on Leather Head bot do know it would never be posted.

• rumpole2 says:

Obviously my idea is to simply expose their lies, and their stupidity to analysis (Chip is good at that), and plain old ridicule.. it’s all most of it deserves.
            The people who post vile hate need to at least be told what they are doing.. they can’t see it for themselves…. it most likely wont change them (You can’t fix stupid). And mostly they need to be exposed as hate filled, hypocritical, uninformed, unintelligent, dried up, humourless, old hags :D

• canadacan says:

Thank you richard is too smart to be wasting his time on those people

• lovemygirl says:

Much better, Hey Drudge had the “Evil Cat” story again. Cats kill billions. Puddy might be sharpening her claws. Already gone from Drudge, BBC story but found the USA Today story. BTW, Garfield presented me with a half eaten squirrel on Turkey Day.

• Ad rem says:

Hey!!! Is Drudge even aware that the liberal media has been covering up Big Bird’s crush fetish for years!
          bigbirdkillerjpg_zpsacf89996 photo bigbirdkillerjpg_zpsacf89996-1_zps69c89e5c.jpg

• metrometeor says:

You need not remind me that such thing as “crush fetish” existed… yuck…

Now I will be traumatized the whole day…

• rumpole2 says:

We have a Loon in NZ – Gareth Morgan – of Welsh herritage to make it worse.. made national news and has been a hot topic on talk-back radio…. he wants to eradicate pet cats!!!!!
          Morgan called on his countrymen Tuesday to make their current cat their last in order to save the nation’s unique bird species. He set up a website, called Cats To Go, depicting a tiny kitten with red devil’s horns. The opening line: “That little ball of fluff you own is a natural born killer.”

The man is nuts… I disown him as a Welshman if he still lays claim to that…

• lovemygirl says:

Dang, I’m part Welsh, I’m guessing that is where the affinity to beer came from.

• Flaladybug says:

My cats only eat recently departed birds just so they can claim political correctness!! Of course they happen to meet their early demise at the expense of my 6 and 7 year old boys and their RED RYDER BB GUNS!!! LOL

• rumpole2 says:

My cats only pursue birds if they are in our garden.. and acting suspiciously.
              When they bring me a dead bird I do always say
              “If only you had not gone out through the cat-flap”
              But watcha gonna do? Cats hate birds

• ottawa925 says:

birds acting suspiciously … lol@rumpole … that’s a good one. Especially those Robins, the way they eyeball everything. Cocking their heads at the grass …. listening for the slightest movement of worms. That is the sad part of owning cats is their prey instinct toward birds. But birds are rarely caught by surprise otherwise all we’d see is dead birds strewn all over the place. You simply cannot beat a cat, however, in keeping mice pop. down. Mice don’t stand a chance. Mice cannot fly, which is too bad for them. About 10 years ago I had a mouse get in the house and it was the noisest mouse I’ve ever heard. It came bounding out of the pantry (which I have since now secured in every manner possible to never draw them there again in case one should get in). This mouse was banging against the door of the pantry and then careeming off the wall. My dogs just laid in their baskets watching with absolutely no interest except to wonder what the noise was all about (lifting their heads to see). Those dogs have passed on. I use to own big dogs for 25 years … Alaskan Malamutes. Nothing roams their terriority without permission of some sort, like my official OK – don’t kill … that one is allowed here. My days of handling large dogs is over, however. One of my dogs now is a rat terrier, and his interest level for any and all rodents is sky-high. Meet Rodeo (black n white) and Sugar Baby. Notice how he deliberately tries to tease Sugar with his having the bone … Sugar is like … WT heck !!! that’s my nose, not a bone !!!!

• justfactsplz says:

I love birds and I also love my two cats. I tell myself the birds they kill were probably weakly and sick and it is survival of the fittest.

• nameofthepen says:

Bruce Lee will handle that evil miscreant:

• justfactsplz says:

Too cute. Omara needs to depo the cockatoo.

Thanks Admin… I wanted Cocky to have an airing :D
        (Cockatoo courtesy of my friend and “Smiley Queen” Maltese Mama)

• rumpole2 says:

Secret spy kittens reported back from JQ…. need a wash

photo imagesqtbnANd9GcT91cRdIrI2JoT0AShw2_zpsd06cdcb3.jpg

• ejarra says:

My reply to RT.

I want to see if the color transfers.

“There are events that directly led to that altercation, and those events will make all the difference in this case.”

OK DV, What are the provable, factual events that amount to Murder 2 which came before the uncontested attack by Mr. Martin on Georgie. Tell them to me WITHOUT using the words: “if”, “what if”, “maybe”, “could have”, “suppose”, “how about” “let’s see” and any other wiggle words.

As Sgt. Friday would say, “Just the facts.”.

And my reply:

Even if George had a broken nose — and I don’t think that too likely given what we currently know…

The State’s own discovery includes the medical record with the diagnosis of a broken nose.

…and even if Trayvon did start the physical altercation by punching George after a verbal exchange between the two, it doesn’t automatically mean George isn’t guilty of Murder 2 or manslaughter, as Baghdad Bob, in his naivete and lack of legal knowledge seems to think.

It does if Martin’s use of force wasn’t legally justified. Can the State prove that Zimmerman did anything that would have legally justified Martin’s use of force in self-defense?

One cannot look at only the physical altercation to determine guilt or innocence here. There are events that directly led to that altercation, and those events will make all the difference in this case.

No, actually, according to the relevant statutes, unless the State can prove that Zimmerman was doing anything illegal at the time of the physical altercation, nothing that “led up” to that altercation matters one bit. So, again: can the State prove that Zimmerman was doing anything illegal at the time of, or in the lead-up to, the physical altercation?

(Spoiler: the State is already on record, in court, stating that they do not have any such evidence.)

• mung says:

What about felony exiting of a vehicle? Oh wait I know, being a fat scary white dude in the 3rd degree! Nope, must be checking out a black kid wandering around the neighborhood. That has to be against the law right?

2. justfactsplz says:

Everything the prosecution based their probable cause affidavit on is crumbling around them. George freedom is very near. Hang in there guys. May this never happen again. May this maliscious persecution be made an example of for the future. Great investigating Sundance and Treepers.

3. lovemygirl says:

Their side,
    Move upside and let the Man go through.

4. eastern2western says:

I only hope the defense will have sufficient fund to continue their invsestigation and zimmerman could recoperate his legal cost by winning the immunity hearing and the multiple civil law suits he will file against multiple media affiliates.

5. sundance says:

Everyone be careful, the threats of violence by Trayvon supporters, and those with a vested interest in retention of the lies surrounding the case, are spiking rapidly. Just be careful, and if you feel threatened – report it.

6. lovemygirl says:

You just have to be a do right man.

7. justfactsplz says:

I haven’t gotten it down how to post a tweet. Bobby said in a tweet that the Feb. 5th hearing would be about ABC. That hearing is going to be awesome.

• diwataman says:

Well considering that’s the only thing that’s been filed;

Like I said, my bet’s on the hearing will be 10 minutes long if that, hell, Nelson will probably have that out the door before cameras get rolling so make sure you’re watching the live link early folks.

• boutis says:

Unless ABC plans on fighting it, and/or the prosecution is going to help ABC do it. West/MOM had to go through all of the baloney and rigamarole to get Crump’s unintelligible (and possibly a director’s cut to use showbiz terminology) version of W8 testimony given to the family’s litigious lawyer and a news reporter (Gutman) BEFORE speaking to LE in a murder case investigation. Why didn’t the prosecution get this evidence? After stating that he was the exclusive owner of said evidence via social media, his employer is now in the position of providing evidence for which they may be liable in another legal matter (Gutman was blabbing about it pre-Beasley). It is too delicious and they are in an untenable position. Is BDLR going to tell the court that it should just believe everything Crump presents without verification?

• diwataman says:

I have no idea, lol. All I know is that Bernie has until Friday 5pm EST to file a response if he wants or else Judge ‘I gave you plenty of time’ Nelson won’t consider his response and as such won’t allow argument in court from him. I have no idea what’s going to happen. Maybe if Matt is a nice guy he’ll just show up and say “Hey all, what’s the trouble? Here, I brought everything I have for you all. Have a nice day!”

• boutis says:

If ABC doesn’t make a peep they want to settle and let everyone else take the big hit. The ABC lawyers and insurance carrier will decide not the news crew who will do what they are told. That is my best guess for what it is worth.

• jello333 says:

I know that if Bernie wants to argue about this, he has to file a response before the 48-hour deadline (or whatever Nelson said). But what about ABC? Does that also apply to them, should THEY want to argue…. or can they just walk into court on Tues and do it there?

• selfdefenseadvocate says:

♫ ♪♫ Wouldn’t that be loverly ♪ ♫ ♪

• selfdefenseadvocate says:

Oops- too slow-my post was in response to DMan’s speculation that Gutman would say “Here, I brought everything I have for you all. Have a nice day!”

• ottawa925 says:

think so Dman? I was kinda thinkin the Judge would go like: oh, you have a response, but didn’t get it in on time (what to do … what to do) … ok, let you slide this time, and hearing on what MOM/West filed will be extended to such and such date, and BDLR, don’t let this happen again, etc. etc. She seems very unfriendly to defense to me.

• diwataman says:

My god, you are probably right, I forgot how much she get that glimmer in her eye for her ‘officer of the court’ Bernie. I’m thinking it might even be worse because I’m wondering when, or even if, O’Mara filed this new stuff. She’s going to chastise him for filing this so close to the cut off date which is two days away.

It’s going to be a disaster Feb 5th folks.

• John Galt says:

“Is BDLR going to tell the court that it should just believe everything Crump presents without verification?”

I hope so, but I don’t think BDLR is quite that stupid. Based on BDLR’s previous rush to drag Crump out of the gallery and to the podium to address the court about the topic of DD’s recording, I don’t expect the State to oppose the ABC subpoena. BDLR may be in three monkey mode (hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil), but I don’t expect active obstruction. Based on MOM / West court filings and hearings, BDLR at a minimum, now knows (1) that Crump lied about DD’s age; (2) Scheme Team lied extensively to the media about evidence during the initial race baiting phase; and (3) Crump extensively edited his DD recording. Accordingly, I think BDLR will be quite leery about actively backing Crump’s evidence tampering antics, particularly when it appears highly likely that the court will issue the ABC subpoena, even if State and ABC oppose. BDLR needs to be able to step back and act shocked and appalled if the DD shizzle hits the fan.

• ejarra says:

Time to buy a mirror and start practicing.

• Sha says:

:shock: :shock: :shock: Hows that ?

• thefirstab says:

Wow, Sha – I’m impressed! It seems only the other day you were trying to post a y-Tube video. Now, you’ve left me in the dust…. :(

• Sha says:

No way could I leave you in the dust …… you are way to smart for that ! I flopped trying to post a news article in the open thread today Ad rem had to save me . I have learned alot since I’ve been here thats for sure lol ! :D

• hooson1st says:

Do not underestimate the prosecution’s ability to rationalize away inconsistencies in their evidence.

• boutis says:

I agree but one never knows with Bernie. Even with such a magnificent escape hatch one must fear for him stepping on his er, um, own person on the run out the door.

• jello333 says:

Yep, as I’ve been saying, before this is all over I expect to see Crump and his buddies lying directly under the bus, with Bernie and Corey standing there going… “Tsk tsk, what a shame.”

• canadacan says:

Don’t always agree with you diwata but I have absolutely no use for Judge Nelson all she wants to do is kick the can down the road

• boutis says:

The laws of unintended consequences may be kicking in. The scheme team thought Nelson boxed in West/MOM but she boxed in targets of Beasley too.

• mung says:

Nelson hasn’t had anything to rule on except evidence at this point. Unless MOM requests to have the case dropped based on lack of evidence we won’t know anything about her position until the immunity hearing.

• justfactsplz says:

She is clueless about this case.

• mung says:

While that may be true, it isn’t her duty to go do the research on her own. It has to be presented. Not saying she is good or anything like that, just saying that her job is to only rule on what is presented and at this point only on the pretrial motions.

• hooson1st says:

can you expand on that?

• hooson1st says:

not you mung but justfactsplz

• justfactsplz says:

I don’t think she grasps the depth of the problem with the malicious prosecution.

• Chip Bennett says:

But, in fairness: how would she, thus far? The trial hasn’t taken place. No evidence has been admitted or challenged. No testimony has been given, other than what was presented at the bond hearing (for which she was not yet the judge).

Nelson has dealt with nothing other than the pre-trial motions presented by the prosecution and the defense. Formally, she knows only of the State’s allegations/assertions.

So, how would she know or suspect that the prosecution is malicious?

• justfactsplz says:

I am thinking about the problem the defense brought to her attention about not getting discovery. I am waiting to see what she will do if they can’t get the original unedited tape of Dee Dee.

• hooson1st says:

All the evidence is not in, and it would be MOM’s place to raise that issue at the proper time. The judge is not monitoring the internet on this case, and has other cases to deal with.

Beyond that, what would you suggest she should be doing right now?

• justfactsplz says:

I would hope that she would be educating herself about the case. She knows very little about it. I mean really, no news or internet news?

• mung says:

Actually, you should be thankful that she isn’t. Do you want her to get corrupted by the media bias? She needs to wait and see the facts in the case from both sides.

• hooson1st says:

It is not her role to “educate herself” about this, or any other case. It is her role to adjudicate the matters brought before her.

• Flaladybug says:

Have Faith JFP…..if she used her Christmas vacation “familiarizing herself” with the case via previous files from Judge Lester as she eluded to we may see (hopefully) evidence of it at the next hearing. She seems very capable….just a bit ummm…..energetically challenged!!! LOL.

• jello333 says:

I agree, but I hope we can add a “yet” in there. Judge Nelson doesn’t YET know all the details, and just how bad this is. And if so, once she DOES have all the facts, I hope she’ll be as angry about things as we are. After all, she’ll then realize that she has been LIED to by Bernie, Crump, and others.

• ottawa925 says:

you and I are on the same wavelength re: Nelson.

• justfactsplz says:

Thanks for posting that D Man. It is frustrating I know. One can hope.

• jordan2222 says:

Unless the defense files more motions very quickly, this could be boring.

8. ejarra says:

I find it amazing that with no “big” news and with no trolls visiting us, that we still had over 300 messages yesterday.

9. ejarra says:

I have a question. If Matt had videoed DD1 and it is obviously NOT DD2, would she still be protected if she is only 17 ( a minor) now, even if she were in on the scam? Would MOM then be allowed to publish this information, if found? What about if her mom was in on it, too? Could they mention her since she is over 18? What about others that played a roll in this? Crump, Jackson, Juleson?

• ejarra says:

I guess it was more than one question. I got on a roll.

• debfrmhell says:

I have asked both him and Seni Tienabeso if they saw her… was she an 18 yr old or a 16 yr old. Neither would respond. It isn’t like they didn’t read the questions. We had brief exchanges over #ThingsIDoWhenIGetBored

• John Galt says:

Interesting. Perhaps under orders from ABC’s lawyers.

• debfrmhell says:

” @mattgutmanABC Has ABC complied with the MOTION FOR SUBPOENA DUCES TECUM concerning your interview w/W8? You said she is credible.” I would imagine you are right though about the ABC lawyers.

• John Galt says:

Gutman now prefers to tweet about any and everything except DD. Suitcase falling off plane, disco fire, 200 year old whale, Manti Teo. . . .
            Compare to:

• boutis says:

Then there may be gentleman’s agreement of some sort with West/MOM/ Beasley. Very interesting that they just handed them over. Then told Gutman to STHU. MOM may file another motion by Friday.

• myopiafree says:

There can not be TWO DeeDees who were taking on the phone to him. If there were – the prosecution has no case.

• sundance says:

Anything associated with DeeDee (the minor) from March 19th is not subject to part of the charges surrounding GZ, so I would infer that any follow-up with her would be wide open to investigation/questioning without boundaries except those customarily afforded to average citizens. The questions around this person are more directly related to the media ruse put forth by the Scheme Team.

Only DeeDee (the non minor) from 4/2/12 is part of the official case against George Zimmerman.

Remember, in Julison’s own words he was not part of “those meetings” about DeeDee 3/19. I think the T-Mobile questions to her from BDLR, and the subsequent answers, stem from the neccessary need to transfer ownership of the phone number (not sure of the account transfer) to the adult DeeDee: “is your phone number XXX”…. “it should be now”… etc.

Exactly what value is available from the revelation of 3/19 DeeDee not being 4/2 DeeDee has more to do with civil/wrongful prosecution/fraud actions than the legal matters.

It is really not a question of “are there two divergent people”, they’re are. It is more a matter of what to do with that information.

Of course the media will just obfuscate behind ‘well that’s who the family attorney [Crump] introduced us to’, and hence deny any culpability in perpetrating the fraud/lie. And, indeed it appears there is a reasonable case of protection provided to them. Well, to most of them…. ABC and Matt Gutman however would have to position themselves to have some plausible story about being duped into believing the 4/2 ‘Criminal Charge’ DeeDee was the same person they had formerly met.

That is a little harder because they (ABC and Matt Gutman) reported on her specific age numerous times, including multiple contacts with the woman from the 3/19 call(s). So it will be a little harder for ABC et al to explain their actions when they reported on 4/2 DeeDee not being a minor. In essence, if they knew with specific certainty that 3/19 DeeDee was/is a minor, then why did they not question the 4/2 non-minor DeeDee story?

I doubt any civil jury will impart a degree of acceptance of their inability to reconcile. Hence, ABC probably stands to be the most financially ‘at risk’ media entity in the scheme. For them to say they were duped will be exponentially more difficult.

10. eastern2western says:

is there any pic of tracy martin in shorts? I just want to see some proof of the grease fire incident. According to his story, he should have some significant burn marks on his legs or he should be paralyzed from the incident. However, he does seem to be walking just fine and does not seem to have significant scars on any of his arm areas. I remember there was a pic of him in shorts during summer time with trayvon and I would like to find out more pics that are similar.

• Flaladybug says:

E2W…….this is a topic that has bothered me for a while. When my 13 yr old son was just 14 months old, he received 3rd degree hot grease burns on 40% of his body by climbing in a kitchen cabinet to reach his sippy cup and was able to reach the corner of a towel where my husband had placed our hot “fry daddy” on to cool. Even though the cabinets were deep….he managed to pull the entire pot of hot grease on him and was burned from his head to his waist(his diaper stopped some of the oil leaking down) and on parts of his legs and feet. He was in NICU for 8 days then transferred to a burn facility. He then spent 31 days in facility followed by 12 surgeries, and 18 months of extensive therapy. By the grace of God, his doctor was one of the best burn specialists in the country and he used a new treatment on his face to minimize scaring…..but this treatment can only be used on SMALL AREAS!! The remaining skin for grafts were taken from his legs….it took all the skin from his legs for grafting!! If Tracy had 3rd degree burns THERE WOULD BE SCARRING both at the burn site and from the skin used for grafts!!! He would have been transferred to a burn center for weeks and would have to undergo later surgeries for scar reduction. I too question this story with MUCH SKEPTICISM!!!!!!

• mung says:

And on AA’s the scars stand out much worse. I have a friend that at one point was the worst burn victim to ever survive and 30+ years later he still has many scars.

• eastern2western says:

thank you for sharing such sad story. according to your story, your son received third degree burns just from hot oil, but tracy zimmerman came out perfectly fine from a grease fire?

• Flaladybug says:

Been around MANY burn victims of different types of burns…..I’m not buying his story for a second!!!

• eastern2western says:

to me it is really odd that tracy would turn on the stove and fall to asleep afterwards because that sounds more like negligence to me than anything else. any one would know that once the stove is on, they should not go to asleep till the stove is off, especially when there is a pot of oil on top of the fire.

• John Galt says:

Deep fat frying is unhealthy, causes 25% of home fires and injures more people than assault rifles. Ban deep fat frying.

• Flaladybug says:

You’re welcome E2W….we rarely talk about it but since the story Tracy Martin told came out it has REALLY on my mind.

John Galton you are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!! We RARELY fry anything anymore, instead we bake. Any frying is done OUTSIDE!! A few months after the accident, I was on a local TV station in Nashville and expressed the fact that these “FryDaddy’s” were extremely dangerous. The lid that comes with it is plastic and melts if its put on before grease is completely cooled causing a dangerous situation. New ones now have locking lids so even if turned over nothing spills. The sad part is these things are still being sold in any kitchen appliance section!!! They have caused MANY accidents but the FDA has yet to recall them. I guess Presto and Westinghouse have deep enough pockets to convince the powers that be that the damage level is still acceptable!!!

• jello333 says:

Oh :( That makes me feel like crying…

• Flaladybug says:

I know that’s the first instinct Jello…..and you’re a big sweetie for feeling that way. But, my son is now a regular 13 yr old boy that loves to hunt, fish, play baseball and is an honor student. I am truly in awe of his kind spirit and resilience after the years of surgeries, therapy, and even bullying by kids when he first started school that would hold him down and call him TERRIBLE NAMES!!! Now he has MANY friends who would go to bat for him any day against such things….he has proven himself to be a better person than I could ever hope to become and that makes me smile with pride!!! So……SMILE and know that miracles truly happen. ;)

• justfactsplz says:

Miracles do happen and I am glad your son is doing well now.

• Flaladybug says:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Having never gone through anything so devastating, It was a true gift to be shown how powerful pray can be, even when they are offered by strangers. My family would have NEVER made it through that period of our lives without the grace of God and many, many prayers!!!! I think that’s why I feel some connection and such great sympathy for what the Zimmerman family is being forced to endure. Unfortunately, unimaginable situations can become reality even to people who deserve them the least. I feel that is exactly what has happened to George and his family. Even though my frustration at the INJUSTICE they are enduring is sometimes almost overwhelming to witness….I have Faith that even though we may never understand why this is happening to them that God continues to be guiding them through this horrible time and HE WILL PROTECT THEM AND REWARD THEM FOR THEIR UNWAVERING FAITH IN HIM!!!!

:) :) :)

11. HughStone says:

During two really important moments in the life of TM(prom and birthday). There wasn’t a parent in sight. Who owns the house trayvon is in front of in a tuxedo? Can someone refresh my memory.

12. ejarra says:

A new wish:

I wish that, after this is over and the state’s bluff is called, that ALL of Corey’s cases get re-examined with a microscope.

• AghastInFL says:

…more than that, I have found myself wondering about every historical instance of so-labeled racial injustice. How many would hold in their entirety to similar scrutiny?
      Consider the Rosa Parks narrative; and the truth about Claudette Colvin whom was “initially cast off by black leaders who feared she was not the right face for their battle,” this according to the NYT:
      While I am not equating the death of a teen with surrendering a seat on a bus, nor am I suggesting there have been no instance of racial based grievance, but if hindsight is 20/20… the question remains.
      I never expected to be at this point in my life questioning everything I was taught and believed but, so be it.

• John Galt says:

Interesting to see what happens if the case ends very adversely for the State. Possibilities include:

1. Corey and BDLR blame judge or jury.
      2. Corey and BDLR blame Scheme Team.
      3. Corey and BDLR don’t comment.
      4. Corey blames BDLR.
      5. Corey and BDLR apologize for proceeding with an unjust prosecution.
      6. Corey and BDLR still think the evidence proves GZ is guilty, but will nonetheless respect the decision of the judge or jury.

• hooson1st says:

my swiss francs are on No. 6

• John Galt says:

The problem with 6 is that it leaves the AA community with the perception that Z skated because of an unjust white judge or white jury (IMHO, a black jury will convict Z, regardless of evidence), with consequent riots and looting. Seems to me that the State orchestrated the unjust prosecution to avoid the potential riots and looting at the outset. So what did they accomplish? Delay riots and looting until after the election?

• ejarra says:

7. Corey and BLDR blame it on Brady for forcing them to turn over, drip by drip, exculpatory evidence that THEY found and the Defense didn’t.

• Chip Bennett says:

9. Corey files an appeal to the Brady decision.

• jordan2222 says:

I doubt that anything good will come out of this regardless of how it ends, including George being convicted.

If George is found innocent AND all of the facts are revealed to show the complete conspiracy, then that MIGHT help SOME folks see the truth.

The best case scenario would be proof of prosecutorial misconduct as we saw in the Duke Lacrosse scandal. In the absence of that, there is no benefit to be derived. Things will only worsen which I firmly believe has always been the goal of the race whores.

• myopiafree says:

Hi John It will be #3. Further, Bernie will be “promoted” to a better job – and will be GONE. Corey will just say, “… I was doing my job..”, and retire with here $$$$ retirement fund. The ONLY WAY that anything will happen, is if Bernie is shown to be lying, or “coached” DeeDee. If that is the case, he could have the “book” thrown at him. Corey will claim she din’t no nothing about what the hell Bernie was “up to”. I think Bernie will get his knuckles slapped, like NiFong did. All will escape any punishment – including DeeDee, and Sociopath Crump.

• jello333 says:

Totally agree, and I said that back a few months ago, too. And if anyone thinks that’s just wishful thinking, nope…. there’s precedent for that, it’s happened before in various places around the country. (Same goes for crime labs, police depts, etc)

13. LetJusticePrevail says:

Today I was clicking through the local news from Sanford, and saw a headline for an OS article about a Sanford man who had been grazed in the head by a bullet late last night. I was curious, so I clicked the link just to get the particulars. What popped up was a two sentence statement that said wftv.com was reporting the story AND a montage of photos of George. That was it:

OK, I just have to ask: WHEN DOES THIS END? Why does the OS find it necessary to include photos of George in a link to a totally unrelated shooting?

• dmoseylou says:

I called OS to register a complaint. Get this>>>I was told that “anytime a headline has certain words, such as ‘Sanford’ the system automatically attaches the TM and GZ story to it, b/c that’s what most people are looking for.” Quote-Unquote. “Sanford?” SERIOUSLY??

In answers to my questions:
      NO, she did not know who wrote it.
      No, she did not know why the article was not previewed before publication to assure that GZ and TM were not attached.
      Correction / Deletion?: ” I’ll let them know about it. ”
      CLICK. No GB, No thanks for calling. Just CLICK.

Just a suggestion, I believe a tsunami of phone calls is most appropriate.

• jordan2222 says:

You will find the worst pictures of George at many sites when you read a crime article.

14. eastern2western says:

since the martins have a fund setted up to help victims of profiling, could I apply for some help too because I believe I have been profiled by my insurance company. insurance companies determine the rates of drivers by the area of residence, driving records, income and criminal recorders. according to their predetermined filters, I have been victimized by their profiling for years and sabrina should give me some money just to alleviate my pain of being victimizing by THEM. They kill my driving records, now they want to kill my wallet too. sabrina, give me some money to pay my insrance bills because I have been profiled by them for years and years and got nothing in return.

15. brutalhonesty says:

On January 29, 2013, a 45-year old female was punched several times in the face in the 4400 block of Maryland by an 18-20 year old black male, 5’5” to 5’07”, with possible dreadlocks, wearing a lighter colored zip-up sweatshirt with multicolored lines, blue jeans, and bright white tennis shoes. Attached is a surveillance photo of the suspect. Anyone with information regarding this incident or the suspect please call CrimeStoppers at 866-371-8477.

16. brutalhonesty says:

2-9-13
    trayvon martin foundation presents “I am trayvon, day of remembrance peace walk”
    10 am @ives estate park 20901 NE 16th Ave Miami Fla 33179
    “community” event with free food and “motivational speakers”…

they just want a crowd to beg to…..thats all…the trash cans will be out thick.

17. rumpole2 says:

After yesterday’s discussion about formatting text in messages (bold, italics etc) here at WordPress, and similar previous discussions….. I did go ahead and start a thread at Random Topics to post the few things I have learned by trial and error. As well as the recent explanation by Dman on how to embed tweets.
    I have tried posting explanations here… but the code activates when you post, so it’s impossible to ever get the actual code to show in an explanation.
    The thread is public so anybody can use it for reference
    If people have other tips, things that work at CTH.. feel free to add to it.. or tell me and I will add.

• Chip Bennett says:

PROTIP: Use HTML entities for opening/closing HTML tags.

The tags get parsed if you use “<” and “>”, but you can replace those with &lt; and &gt;

For example, to post blockquoted text, I use: <blockquote>QUOTED TEXT HERE</blockquote>

18. art tart says:

I have read so many comments made by hater’s of GZ on his donation account, they hate that some American’s choose to donate to his representation, the hater’s begrudge his right to a fair trial imo, some have even stated the donations are surely made by “racist” or “those that support the NRA.” Ludicrous imo. When GZ is granted “indigency status,” the hater’s will continue about the taxpayer’s paying the bills.

With MOM stating today “indigency” may be in GZ/s future, how could it not imo? From watching KC’s trial when Baez filed for “indigency” for KC, it did seem to bog things down due to the excessive paperwork, when the taxpayer’s pay, they are entitled to an accounting of where all the monies are spent and there are caps on what they will pay for experts, investigation, etc. KC, like GZ, had monies at one point and of those monies, Baez took $ 80,000.00 for his salary disqualifying him from getting any monies from the State for his legal fees. Hopefully, if the indigency status is granted, MOM too can draw some salary, they only pay for one attorney, the process is complicated.

I hope the donation fund gets a ton in donations, but I assume that money will continue to GZ/SZ ‘s living expenses and security? It really infuriates me the hate campaign instrumented by the Handlers aren’t held accountable for some of the security fees, especially the New Black Panther’s.

19. John Galt says:

GZ v NBC

Complaint filed 12/6/2012 No Answer filed.

No summons, waiver or return of service indicated in the docket.

Rules apparently provide 120 days after filing to serve the complaint.

No updates on the website.

20. Reptile says:

Orlando Sentinel says GZ only has $5000 left.
    We gotta step it up guys. If we all give GZ $30 a day, when can re-energize the defense fund. The donations button is right at the top. Lets go guys. Help GZ Please.

Remember back at the GPS hearing, Frank Taafee talked about the reward.

21. art tart says:

dmoseylou – Cindy/Gorge Anthony got between $ 500,000.00 and $ 600,000.00 donated to the Caylee Foundation after KC’s acquittal during “sweeps” after the verdict. This doesn’t include ALL the media blitz appearances they got monies until the trial ended, a couple of years, all interviews were negotiated by their attorney’s, the Anthony’s did withdraw ALL the monies from Dr. Phil’s donation.

The same has been done for Sybrina/Tracy imo, their Handler’s negotiate the $$$ for their interviews, of course they all claim they don’t pay, but they do pay, they pay air fare, accommodations, food, spending monies, transportation but they are now called “licensing fees” by the networks for any photos, videos, etc. KC/Baez got $ 200,000.00 for the sale of videos/photos for her defense from ABC. The thing is, in these fraud foundations, the President and Vice President can withdraw $ 40,000.00 each as salaries per year. I have lost count as to the number foundations in TM’s case.

22. nettles18 says:
  23. dmoseylou says:

DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO CONTINUE
    ON 30 JANUARY 2013.
    The following DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO CONTINUE has been filed with the Court, as well as two additional motions and an AMENDED NOTICE OF HEARING.

• John Galt says:

at pages 8-9 GPS and phone / text log information on TM’s phone missing for 2/26/12

• diwataman says:

Jinx, you owe me a coke, lol.

And missing calls as well.

ALL AFTER THE STATE SENT THE PHONE TO MYSTERY LAND!

• John Galt says:

“ALL AFTER THE STATE SENT THE PHONE TO MYSTERY LAND!”

How can State possibly justify not identifying to the defense the California company and the recipient employee? Certainly they have an evidence log?

• jello333 says:

!!!!!!!!!!!! Is Nelson smart enough to comprehend the significance of this? Some people need to be IN JAIL…. like YESTERDAY.

• myopiafree says:

So the “Evening of the event” – all the critical phone and text messages are erased or missing. This could mean that 1) The phone battery had gone “dead” in the last hour or 2) Someone intentionally (accidentally) erased the critical data. So it took ALMOST A FULL YEAR – to get critical information that should have been made available two or three weeks after they found the phone!!

• diwataman says:

WOW! WTF? GPS on Trayvons phone for the entire time in Sanford except for Feb 26th!

• rumpole2 says:

How could anybody be that corrupt and that obvious?
        It is just stupid to omit data for the very day in question??

• dmoseylou says:

They are beyond corrupt and stupid. They are EVIL.

• diwataman says:

No, no, read the motion. The State was able to access the internal memory when it sent it to some unknown place and unknown person and never gave O’Mara the information.

When O’Mara sent it out himself for examination it came back with “an enormous amount of additional information” including the GPS data where it was found the GPS data for that day was missing.

The way I read that is the state sent out the phone to remove the GPS data for that day. How else could it be read?

There’s got to be a simple non nefarious explanation right? I mean I knew the State was bad, like Bernie saying stupid crap like George was ordered to stay in his truck, and I know the state has been stonewalling with discovery but this, THIS, my god it can’t be.

• jello333 says:

This final resolution of this case must go far beyond simply George’s exoneration. It MUST. People MUST be sued, some MUST be disbarred, and yes, some MUST be imprisoned.

• Chip Bennett says:

GPS on Trayvons phone for the entire time in Sanford except for Feb 26th!

Just now getting to that part of the motion. It’s not just the GPS data, but also the phone log and text messages.

I’m flabbergasted. The State seriously cannot be so stupid as to think that anyone would believe that the GPS data, phone logs, and text messages for the night in question – and only for the night in question – would mysteriously not be on the phone.

You’ve got to be freaking kidding me.

This approaches grounds for outright dismissal. Obvious and blatant evidence tampering has taken place. The State is responsible for the chain of custody of that phone; ergo, the State is responsible for the tampered evidence.

• John Galt says:

“The State seriously cannot be so stupid as to think that anyone would believe that the GPS data, phone logs, and text messages for the night in question – and only for the night in question – would mysteriously not be on the phone.”

The other explanation is that the phone was already dead.

• eastern2western says:

I believe it was then recharged by the sanford police department.

• mung says:

Which is just as bad for the state!

• Chip Bennett says:

The other explanation is that the phone was already dead.

Already dead: for the entire day (or even for “several hours” leading up to the altercation)? I’m not buying that one.

But that certainly presents a Catch-22 for the State, doesn’t it? Either the phone wasn’t dead, and we now have prima facie proof of evidence tampering, or else the phone was dead, and Dee Dee is impeached before she ever gets deposed.

• John Galt says:

Just playing devil’s advocate. The other contrary point is that Trayvon answers his phone in the 7-11 video. So the phone data should be present at least up until that time.

• boutis says:

Evidence like phone records and 7-11 video were never intended to be made public. This entire fiasco was supposed to be a smash (state overcharging to force Zimmerman to plead guilty to something) and grab (Crump forcing quick settlements with orchestrated public outrage supported by public officials and media). The further they dig the more rotten it gets. Floridians should be outraged.

• Flaladybug says:

SOME OF US ARE WAAAYYYYY PAST OUTRAGED!!!! I need a new word for what I am ’cause PISSED OFF doesn’t BEGIN to cover it!!! Our tax dollars are funding this TRAVESTY and what action can I take when this BS goes all the way to our CROOKED, LYING A$$ Governor……….any suggestions??? Btw…..I am a Taurus, a redhead, and raised in the backwoods of NW Florida so I am up for ANYTHING!!!!!LOL

• ejarra says:

R U calling yourself a bull-headed, flaming-haired, red-neck? If true, they should watch out!

• Flaladybug says:

To add to my previous rant….I am however well educated and after 25 years of singing I have made friends with a certain Congressman, State Rep., several judges, Sheriffs, and even the Associate Editor of the Tallahassee Democrat to name a few so…….gimme a mission…..I’m ready to speak out LOUDLY against this crap and educate some folks on what has been going on in this mess of a case!!!

• jello333 says:

Cool. I imagine Sundance has already seen your comment, but you also might wanna contact him via email; he may have some ideas.

We are all angry.

See my post at the bottom of the thread that starts out with: Anyone here have any demonstration skills and experience?

• howie says:

There is something going on behind the curtain I thinks. A co-oordination from above. Extra-legal. Plus-ultra. But that is jus lil ole me.

• Flaladybug says:

LOOOOOOL ejarra!!! That pretty much sums me up…….but not the kind of REDNECK you see on youtube!!! I choose to live away from the chaos and be as self sufficient as possible…….so erase the HONEY BOOBOO image and think more Steel Magnolia!!! ;)

• howie says:

Plea bargains are considered a public service in Floriduh! They have the good government seal of approval. To not take a plea bargain is a huge offense and is always prosecuted to the max. No matter what. If no one took a plea bargain no one could ever get a trial. Too many. This case is an outlier.

If it was that phone?

• myopiafree says:

Hi Chip – Your logic is correct. But I still don’t know. One thing O’mara now needs is the complete phone records of DeeDee’s calls, and TMs records (not the phone records Crump “invended” and pasted together to get an ‘arrest”).

• debfrmhell says:

I think he does have the records from TMobile. How else does he know that the call lasted 26 min and only 14 of them are recorded? Just asking. I don’t remember reading anything about how the length of the call came about.

• jello333 says:

Unless, as I’ve been saying, Gutman has already been talking to MOM and West. I know that would make the subpoena to ABC seem a little weird (though I can still think of reasons for it). But anyway, yeah… maybe rather than fight this, ABC sees the train coming and wants to get away as unscathed as possible.

(Now you can all laugh at me again, like you always do when I suggest Gutman may be “cooperating”. ;) )

• ejarra says:

deb, they are not referring to the call from DD, but instead the TAPE that Crump gave MOM which was only 14 minutes out of a supposed 26. This is one of the reasons for Guttman’s tape which is supposedly 26. If they can show that Crump deleted (edited) it, well…

• arkansasmimi says:

What about TrayDads phone records that Chump released? LMBO, so if there is no info lol where that come frrom? Finna git goooood

• John Galt says:

I can remote wipe my android phone. With the right geek, could the GPS and phone/text log data on TM’s phone be remotely wiped for a specified date and time period?

• Chip Bennett says:

The remote-wipe methods I’m familiar with require an app to be installed (easy enough to verify whether such an app was installed on Martin’s phone); but more importantly, as far as I know, such wipes are a “nuclear” option: all or nothing.

But a targeted data wipe, covering just a matter of hours, and leaving the rest intact? I suppose it’s possible, but I would regard it as highly implausible.

• I gotta say that it would take more than the average geek squad employee to specifically target one day worth of data.

I would be curious to know if they recovered gps data from when the phone was turned back on when the police called out on it.

• Chip Bennett says:

If the GPS data are precise enough to show that Martin did, in fact, reach Brandi Green’s house and then double back to the sidewalk “T”, such data constitute exculpatory evidence, and hiding it is not only felony evidence tampering, but also a Brady violation that would be, I presume, grounds for dismissal.

• howie says:

There were never even grounds for a charge to begin with. It is becoming apparent that various nefarious criminal forces are at work here. I think an Independent counsel is called for. If there are any at this point. There is just too much. It is mind boggling.

• howie says:

If true it is grounds for a lot more than dismissal.

• jello333 says:

This is much bigger than that. Much bigger than just “grounds for dismissal”. Of course it’s that, easily. But much more. This, along with a lot of other stuff re. Crump and Dee Dee, is gonna send some people (people NOT named Zimmerman) to jail.

• John Galt says:

“Wow, this is just unbelievable. Imagine what that gps data would reveal. It could completely exonerate George if it showed Trayvon doubled back. This is grounds for a dismissal.”

Can anybody explain the details of GPS, A-GPS found on the T-Mobile Comet? Accuracy, data storage, data storage frequency, data transmission to carrier, data storage by carrier, data transmission / storage if GPS turned off on phone.

• ejarra says:

Sounds like the state needs to pick their poison.

• eastern2western says:

even if the phone was dead, gps data should still be available because it is stored in the cloud.

• myopiafree says:

Hi Eastern – I am not sure what you mean. The towers that are “hit” record their own “ping logs”. Thus if you contact the phone company soon enough, they can tell WHICH cell phone was “working” a given tower. If the “Heart” phone was dead (battery), then you would not have this ‘Ping Long Record”. If that IS THE CASE, then that would mean that TM was NOT talking to DeeDee. Then “POOF” there goes DeeDee’s story – out the window.

• mung says:

That is what I was thinking too. Can’t they go in at this hearing and present the proof of the tampering, then ask for a dismissal based on that? I think the feds need to come in and investigate this corruption. This goes beyond your typical mistakes, this is out right fabrication of evidence and tampering with evidence.

• diwataman says:

You know what really sucks is none of this is going to resonate inside that stupid judges brain, after all she has an “officer of the court” telling her otherwise and that’s exactly what she’s going to say AGAIN about Bernie. This is such a damn tragedy it’s beyond belief.

• sundance says:

Yup x eleventy. :( She is indeed constitutionally clueless about the fraud in front of her face. Sad that.

Sundance:

Do you remember specifically how the Duke lacrosse scandal was exposed and the steps that took place to prosecute Nifong? And could that happen here in this case? I have read different versions so I am asking you because I trust what you say about it.

This could be another example of how most of us sit back, complain, express outrage, and yet do nothing but I am also not sure exactly what we could do that would matter except to “riot” in front of the homes and offices of the conspirators.

• sundance says:

If you want to write to the judge, and explain it to her, go right ahead. She is a public official, and while she might not be able to respond her only obligation would be to read then share the contents of the letter with both the prosecution and the defense.

Of course, that means YOU become part of the case…. You and your family information, so you might want to weigh the pro’s and con’s before taking such action.

• howie says:

The governor of NC was not up to the eyeballs in it.

• justfactsplz says:

Thank you. I said she was clueless and had to explain myself to other commenters. I really really feel she IS clueless!

• jordan2222 says:

I have said all along that she appears to be lazy and uninterested as well as not too knowledgeable. That has not changed. This case is far too complex for her even though it is simple to most of us.

• howie says:

Boy have you got that right. This is way over her pay grade.

• howie says:

The judge knows. The Corey knows. The Governor knows. Obama knows. The press knows. Crump knows. Bondi knows. The FBI knows. Sabrina knows. Natjac knows. The Leatherpeople know. Everybody knows.

• ftsk420 says:

I said from the start if Dee Dee did speak to TM that night she did it by text message she even slipped in a interview about it. Now that there is no records for texts from that day I’m sure that’s how they communicated.

• rumpole2 says:

That is what I thought… but I have thought the case should be dismissed at every point since second bond hearing?? Beats me? Surely the longer this farce goes on, the more it costs the Florida tax payer.. only to come to a dismissal in the end anyway? I guess more and more evidence surfaces for civil and criminal actions down the road? A wonder one of the criminals involved does not call a halt by way of damage limitation?

• MJW says:

The fact that the phone contains GPS information is interesting in itself.

• jello333 says:

Here’s something I’ve been saying for years, for decades actually. And there should be LAWS that provide for this:

If, in your official capacity, you manipulate or hide evidence in an attempt to frame an innocent person, you should be IMPRISONED FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME THAT INNOCENT PERSON WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPRISONED IF THE PLOT WAS NOT DISCOVERED!

24. justfactsplz says:

Local Orlando News Staion Channel 2 just showed an interview with Omara. He said a New Jersey firm has discovered more evidence in Trayvon’s phone. I believe things that had been erase has been recovered. I know of one such thing that was recovered earlier. Evidently there is more.

25. eastern2western says:

this has mike nifong writing all of it. even crump is getting ready to hire a lawyer to cover his behind. ha, ha, ha. this funny farce is going to keep going. state purposely erasing data, ignoring evidence collection and providing special services for crump? come on, angela corey, the speech she made from the very beginning has already shown her love for the sweet parents of victim trayvon martin. Now they are hiding evidence, erasing data or just simply playing deaf, dumb and blind. never heard it, nerver saw it and it will just magically dissappeared.

26. hooson1st says:

Hopefully, some information in this filing will explain what the MOM/West team has been dealing with and what they have been doing. This is a complicated case for the defense to handle because of the way the State has chosen to prosecute it.

This is a drawn out affair, but defense matters have to be handled in a certain order, people have to be deposed in a certain order so that there are no slip ups. To the extent that some witness is less than forthcoming, they can be given the opportunity to explain why the evidence differs from their accounting. To effectively conduct a depositon, the deposer needs all the facts and needs them ahead of time.

• John Galt says:

“Hopefully, some information in this filing will explain what the MOM/West team has been dealing with”

Yes, the motion to continue lays that out quite clearly. The part that I don’t get is how 8 months of discovery stonewalling doesn’t violate the rules.

• hooson1st says:

I don’t have a good answer, except that I have seen it happen repeatedly in high-profile cases.

• jordan2222 says:

The motion indicates that the discovery rules were not violated so there must have been some kind of deal made OR there are special exceptions that I cannot find in my searches. I just wish someone could explain those rules in a way we can all understand.

• John Galt says:

Seems pretty simple to me. MOM filed the demand for discovery on April 12, 2012. Pursuant to Rule 3.220, State had 15 days to cough up all materials enumerated in the rule.

• howie says:

Go back to the old hearing with Lester. In open court he clearly states….”we are supposed to be tamping this thing down.” Now just think for a second about that. I clearly remember him saying that. A judge is not supposed to “tamp things down.” Who ordered him to tamp things down, and why, and under what authority? . That is the question and the key.

• jordan2222 says:

I would agree but it looks to me that they are playing by different rules since MOM says they did not specifically violate them.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

IANAL BUT, it seems to me that the motion is allowing for some sort of professional courtesy, but for the life of me, I can’t see why. On the surface (and everywhere else) it looks like the prosecution has stonewalled the discovery process in regards to several areas of inquiry, and Judge Nelson has knowingly allowed this to continue.

Is Mark O’Mara afraid to make a more formal challenge, or is he simply supplying them with enough rope to hang themselves?

• hooson1st says:

MOM is in legal chess game. He has to follow strategy. Everything in the right sequence. Everything in its right time. He has the facts. He is facing a bureaucratic machine. He does not want to take any steps backwards.

When the full weight of the judicial apparatus arrayed against you in a high profile case, you cannot afford to be sloppy.

• howie says:

They always do that. So the opposing counsel does not do it to them. It makes no diff in the end.

• sundance says:

Personally I am 50/50 on O’Mara motives. One part of that “50″ is the *potential* for these filings to be O’Mara warning the prosecution to ‘watch out’ and ‘cover your backs’. In essence allowing them to find protection behind what took, is taking, place. Kinda like an enemy behind your lines (per se).

• jordan2222 says:

SD.. that is an interesting observation coming from you, given how much you know and maybe that is correct about MOM… but I have a hard time visualizing West agreeing to give the State any warning. What would be his motive?

• ejarra says:

Deep down, he knows they are SCREWED. At least this way he can say he warned them when the s**t hits the fan.

• jordan2222 says:

Sorry but this is one time in my life when I cannot respect someone who has compassion. I read all of the motions… twice… pretty painful to do that.. almost couldn’t believe what I was reading… then got angry.. calmed down.. got angry again… and so it went. .. It’s rare for me to revengeful, but … I suspect I have company here today.

The people involved deserve NO mercy whatsoever. If this is one of MOM’s little tricks to retain his place in that corrupt system over there, then scr….w him.

• jello333 says:

Could it be his way of saying?: “If you’re gonna throw Crump under the bus, you better hurry up and do it, and jump out of the way. Otherwise, it’s gonna roll right over YOU, too.”

• howie says:

They have to ask for it. Specifically, here in Florida. Normally the state would give it up if it hurts. Not here. They do not want any more evidence. None. The more evidence there is the worse it is for them. Long time ago I remember the Cracker said the State stopped investigating cold.

• howie says:

The rule was to tamp this thing down.

• howie says:

That way they can ask excellent questions.

27. Chip Bennett says:

Money quote from pp 7 – 9, “Trayvon Martin Cell Phone”:

9. During that analysis, CelleBrite was able to access the flash memory of the phone and an enormous amount of additional information has been gathered from that phone. That information was forwarded to defense counsel on or about January 18, 2013. Initial analysis was done by undersigned over the weekend of January 19, 2013 and there was specific concerns with information that is missing from that analysis. As illustrative example, while the analysis includes GPS locating records for Mr. Martin’s phone for all of the time that he was in the Sanford area, specifically absent is any such data for February 26, 2012, the date of the event.

10. Similarly, there seems to be missing entries regarding phone calls made to the phone or texts made to or from the phone in the evening hours of February 26, 2012. Expert analysis is required to further identify these issues.

Florida has specific statutes regarding evidence tampering. One person or several persons have just been caught red-handed committing a third-degree felony:

918.13 Tampering with or fabricating physical evidence.–

(1) No person, knowing that a criminal trial or proceeding or an investigation by a duly constituted prosecuting authority, law enforcement agency, grand jury or legislative committee of this state is pending or is about to be instituted, shall:

(a) Alter, destroy, conceal, or remove any record, document, or thing with the purpose to impair its verity or availability in such proceeding or investigation; or

(b) Make, present, or use any record, document, or thing, knowing it to be false.

(2) Any person who violates any provision of this section shall be guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

• AghastInFL says:

I’m not sure if I feel a sense of relief that we have finally reached this point or a visceral outrage that it has progressed this far.

Don West has proven himself worth every cent he has or may yet be paid.

• Chip Bennett says:

And also: now is the time for the ping log data.

If the ping logs show that Martin’s phone was pinging during the time period for which the phone GPS, call log and text message data are missing: Houston, we have a problem.

• John Galt says:

Yes, Wouldn’t they already have the call log, text log, and gps info directly from T-Mobile?

• rumpole2 says:

Waltherppk….. where are those ping logs you were lobbying for? :D

• howie says:

Taxahappy we have a problem.

• AghastInFL says:

the indication of a map created from GPS data would that relate to the “ping log”? or are they a separate data source?
        see: p 6. “FDLE File Information” pg 11.

• myopiafree says:

Chip – you are totally CORRECT. If the battery was working, then the “towers” would have a record, or “ping logs”. If the were WORKING, then the phone was erased. If they were not “pinging”, then no text of calls from DeeDee would be possible – and she was coached and LYING. One way or the other – this truth MUST COME OUT – SOON!!

• myopiafree says:

I thought this would happen. Someone ERASED THE DATA!!

• mung says:

Does Scott’s order give Corey authority to charge herself?

• rumpole2 says:

Just to be sure… Scott need to write another letter to Corey and include Corey retrospectively.
        Just as well list Julison, Crump, NatJack, Bernie, and a bunch of others.

• sundance says:

Chip, well said.

Also, look at *where* the cell phone was sent. Then think back to *who else* was in that area……. Several people were asking why Crump was in California, for what reason?

Now go look at that place the “cell phone” was sent again.

It’s a full on FRAUD, a SCHEME, and the longer this goes on the less becomes the aspect of plausible deniability.

3/19 DeeDee is a construct for an “arress”, with promises of never going to testify or trial. “All we want is an arress”.

4/2 DeeDee is a construct of cover for the 3/19 scheme.

Crump learned at the knee of his master, Sharpton. But, Sharpton was not capable of understanding the concepts of technology 2012. It’s deep doo doo time for the fraudsters.

• Chip Bennett says:

The easiest “out” for the State here is for Crump to be the fall guy. I think Crump knows it, which is why he long ago told West that he would restrict the scope of his deposition.

I’d be perfectly happy with Crump taking the fall for what he’s done here, though I don’t believe for a second that Corey and BDLR were naive to the Scheme. They need to be sent up the river, too; but I don’t (yet) think that will happen, unless they can be tied to the evidence tampering, or the witness manufacturing. (BDLR is certainly at risk of the latter, given his sorry excuse for an interview of Dee Dee.)

• howie says:

They think they are immune. So, I never heard about the California connection. If all this is as it appears a link in the chain will have to break.The problem is that LE at the top is all in.

• Justice4All says:

The Jenna 6, when Sharpton ran his last scheme……technology has advanced greatly over such a short period of time.

My father was a pressman and never saw the internet coming when he chose his trade, this led to hard times over the last few years as printing has slowly been phased out. Race baiting/Lying for profit has also met its end!!!!!

Mr. crump,

You missed the bus!!!!!!

• LetJusticePrevail says:

I wonder if the information found on the phone will be redacted and made a matter of public record BEFORE the immunity hearing, so that we can analyze it?

28. Justice4All says:

I am so glad that Crump has announced that he and the scheme team will be coming out of hiding and will be attending the hearing next week…..it sounds like he may be making another appearance before the judge.

29. rumpole2 says:

Don’t forget people….

Bernie now gets chance to write a reply to this Motion… :D

• eastern2western says:

His reply will be he never heard it, never saw it and never knew about it. dumb, deaf and blind.

• John Galt says:

He will be suitably shocked, appalled and outraged and note that he has consistently provided the finest blurry black and white photos available in a very timely manner.

• boutis says:

It is a museum quality daguerreotype so what is the problem. /s/

• rumpole2 says:

Occifers of the court never tell fibs ya know?

• jello333 says:

Bernie shouldn’t have to do MOM and West’s work for them. If they didn’t want certain parts of the phone data deleted, they should have taken the time to go to the lab and asked that it not be deleted. It’s not Bernie’s fault those two are just lazy.

• nettles18 says:

I recall Natalie Jackson’s tweet hoping the Judge that took over the case wasn’t a retired judge. Why didn’t she want a retired judge? Political influence and lack thereof?

• justfactsplz says:

The retired judge she was referring to would not put up with any bull crap. His name is Eaton or Heaton I belief. She did not want him taking over. Politics probably played a role too.

• allhail2 says:

Yep. O.H. Eaton, Jr. He is retired, but has been asked to fill in when needed. NatJack is very well aware of who he is and what he will tolerate and NOT tolerate. Eaton is also quite aware of who she and her mother is as well. That is why she made that comment. Eaton would tell everyone involved to STHU for two weeks while he reviewed the case. He would have zero problem coming back in and telling all players, ‘…thanks for playing, but we are done wasting tax payer dollars. Mr. Zimmerman you are free to go, and I would suggest some of you here may want to retain counsel.’

• Justice4All says:

Stupid government funding has left FDLE with nothing more than a commodore 64 and a printer made in 1982 to work with………..totally not Bernie’s fault.

• howie says:

What happened before or after Zimmerman got out of his truck is irrelevant. He got out of the truck.

• nettles18 says:

True. Judge Nelson likes to hear from them both before ruling. It was Judge Lester who ruled after hearing from only one side. Motion to Revoke Bond date June 1, 2012. Decision handed down June 1, 2012.

• jordan2222 says:

After all of today’s revelations, does anyone wonder if Lester was in on the fix?

• jello333 says:

It’s crystal clear that there’s a conspiracy going on here. But what isn’t so clear, is exactly who is involved, and to what extent. I’m still anxious to learn exactly what, if any, part Lester played in all this. Something VERY fishy went on with that guy.

• nettles18 says:

I recall in one hearing Bernie told Judge Nelson he didn’t have time to file a response so with the court’s indulgence he gave a verbal response. I do believe this was the same hearing that she put them on notice, file your paperwork 48 before scheduled court time or it won’t be considered. If Bernie hopes to give another verbal response, thereby giving the defense no time to absorb it and rebutt, I’ll not be a happy camper.

30. pet says:

Felt compelled to run over to Costco to buy a pallet of microwave popcorn. Restock complete. PROCEED!

: )

• Chip Bennett says:

Motion for continuance looking pretty good to me.

Reading the motion, I wonder: is O’Mara lobbing a Richardson softball down the middle at Nelson?

As Cuminotto v. State quotes from Smith v. State:

“Once a trial court has notice of a discovery violation, the court must conduct a Richardson hearing to inquire about the circumstances surrounding the state’s violation of the discovery rules and examine the possible prejudice to the defendant.” Jones, 32 So. 3d at 710. “This requirement applies when the court learns of a possible discovery violation, in order to determine whether there has been an actual discovery violation.”

Unlike others, I see no concession in the motion regarding the State’s discovery disclosure delays being acceptable/appropriate. In fact, I think that the motion strongly implies that the discovery disclosure delays are quite unacceptable, and, therefore, the motion constitutes notice to the trial court of a potential discovery violation that would automatically trigger a Richardson hearing.

• rumpole2 says:

You could be right. But to some extent rules are applied in this case seems more of a lottery rather than something you can logically deduce.

• Chip Bennett says:

I’m still not convinced that Nelson is biased, incompetent, or unwilling to adjudicate properly in this trial. She has been by-the-book, which I’m perfectly fine with.

• howie says:

Yep. It will end up there again. Wanna bet she can’t rule on anything important on the 5th?

• hooson1st says:

I agree with you Chip

That is true.
            It is just my impression… but I think the defence has already attempted to lay problems in front of her.. and she has seemed to to have been “Wilfully ignorant”. Problems with discovery especially have already been brought to her attention. Fine in most cases to rely on lawyers being “officers of the court” and all that… but obviously there are times when they simply are not honest.. or at least they obfuscate. I do think a Judge needs to step in at that stage.. and we are past that stage. We’ll see. If this lot just gets a Nelson “I know nothing” then It’s time for Judge No. 4.

• Chip Bennett says:

Just to propose an alternate perspective:

By compelling the defense to go look at FDLE investigation materials on their own, and then coming back to ask the court to compel specific information be included in discovery, Nelson actually aided the defense’s case for a continuance, and aided the defense’s ability to put into the record potential discovery delays that would result in a Richardson hearing.

A shrewd observer may reasonably conclude that Nelson was giving BDLR sufficient rope to hang himself, with that “officer of the court” statement. I read that statement as her putting him on notice that he bore the responsibility to be trustworthy and forthright with discovery evidence.

How she responds to the motion to continue will be revealing, one way or the other.

• howie says:

Oh please let that be so. There are many feet that need to be held to the fire.

• howie says:

I think I get the drift. In other words….The defense finds things that the state should have, given the same information, if the state was seeking the truth of the matter?

• rumpole2 says:

Yes I like that idea. It would make her a woman after my own heart. :D
                That would take some smarts .. and perhaps cunning?
                I have come to realise that the prosecution do not have to pursue all lines of inquiry and so it is actually great that MOM was given leave to go rummage at FDLE (I assume they could have done that anyway?) So…. I don’t have a problem with MOM having to go do that. But there are items that the State does have that they should have turned over…. those are outlined in the motion today…. my point (if I still have one) was that MOM (West) did try to make those points in court earlier.. and Nelson did not seem to get it.
                But that could be for the reasons you suggest.

• jordan2222 says:

I agree with your observation. Her ruling made it possible for indefinite delays.

How she responds and what she says in the hearing will give us more insight as far as her understanding of the case. Her knowledge is a huge issue to me along with the appearance of being lazy.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

“But even if she doesn’t adjudicate properly, such things as this motion, and her handling of it, would just be all the more fodder for the appeals court.”

Or WILL it? Is it possible that an appeal can be denied for simple failure by the defense to file the proper motion, pre-trial, within a prescribed timeline?

• sundance says:

Personally I do not think of Nelso as biased, but incompetent… well, maybe.

Remember, it was Nelson who perptrated the farse of DeeDee in the October hearing when she refused to say that the prosecution should provide an address for her… etc. etc. etc….. about her minor status, and such. Remember the whole, “ask her who she is when you depose her” nonsense.???

Go back to Update #31 for perspective. She was clueless about W8 identity being hidden. Insufferably clueless.

• howie says:

I can only hope. It seems to me that the defense is at the least being “hindered” in their preparation of the case. I wonder. Is there a case of intentional lack of discovery on the part of the state? Or lack of due diligence in the investigation of the alleged crime? I think the court and the state have a duty to seek the truth.

• jordan2222 says:

Look at page 2 number 6 of defendant’s motion to continue.

• jello333 says:

Oh, nice job Chip. I didn’t know about that “Richardson” rule, but based on what you quoted there, yeah…. that could very well be what MOM and West are going for. And if so… cool!

• Flaladybug says:

Chip…….would this mean the defense would be allowed FINALLY to present the corrupt tactics the State has used to Judge Nelson herself? If that is the case, I can’t imagine her being amused when the fact she has been PLAYED FOR A FOOL is presented to her in a way that would be impossible for her to ignore!!!

• LetJusticePrevail says:

Oh, I LIKE that ruling:

Fla. R. Crim. P. 3.220(j). “There are no exact `magic words’ or phrases which must be used . . . to necessitate [a Richardson] inquiry; only the fact that a discovery request has not been met.” Smith v. State, 7 So.3d 473, 506 (Fla. 2009).

Even though it does not specify any recourse against the prosecutor (himself) for violating the Rules for Discovery, it DOES show a precedent for the granting of a new trial should Judge Nelson not heed the defense’s complaints.

Nice Find, JG!

31. rumpole2 says:

Just for comic relief (And to practice posting tweets)

32. jordan2222 says:

Anyone here have any demonstration skills and experience?

The only way that I can see us ending this is to use the same techniques that were used to create the mess in the first place.

We have the power of the internet and someone with appropriate knowledge could conceivably organize demonstrations from home, that would get the attention of the media.

Imagine groups of people congregating daily outside the HOMES of these conspirators in the case:

Rick Scott
    Pam Bondi
    Angela Corey
    Bernie de la Ronda

Lots more to my idea but am I dreaming?

The real question is: Would “OUR” people actually stand up for such a cause like the AA did for theirs? If they can assemble in such large numbers to successfully get an innocent man arrested for second degree murder, why can’t we fight back in a similar manner instead of making posts and sending letters that are probably trashed? Look at what that has got us. Today’s revelations are just too much to ignore.

I am 66 and disabled but I do have a lot of time on my hands on most days, so if someone were to tell me what I can do from home, I would jump in with both feet.

• jordan2222 says:

Not one single reply so I am guessing it’s a bad idea or that there are no activists here. We reap what we sow.

It is strange how blacks can create an army of thousands with a few days notice and we can’t even get a dozen to express interest on a website.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

I’m hearing you Jordan, but I live 1100 miles away! I have lots of time though. How can I help?

• Justice4All says:

I am not receiving welfare benefits……so I have to go to work and give uncle Sam 1/3 of my earnings to pay for the patrons of the next million “kill whitey” march event . :(

• metrometeor says:

I just had the same idea, Jordan! Or atleast something similar.

As you say, we can use the internet to create a positive viral awareness of George Zimmerman’s innocence and the state corruption! In fact I think we should.

These are some sites I think should be targeted:
      4chan.org (a hateful site a don’t go to but has a lot of influence in the net, said to be frequented by anonymous…)
      reddit
      9gag
      (perhaps I’m missing others)
      These are the major pillars of the internet among youth at the moment, I think. These should be the major targets.

Other minor targets should be whatever forums and blogs we happen to visit, regarding our hobbies or whatever the site is about. As long as it has a general section in its forums we can discuss it. We change our avatars and/or signatures to something GZ related and include a link.

Another point is, what and how should we be posting? I think the treehouse needs to have an specialized article that summarizes everything (as much as the site is ripe with precious info, it can be hard for a newcomer to traverse).
      We should write a copy-pasta (a brief and concise summary regarding George’s current precarious position and plants the idea of the state corruption, adding in some emotional manipulation of course :D), so that we can share it quickly and if we manage to convince someone then that person will share it quickly as well.

We can also create memes and spread them across. Rumpole has made a good job with the jib jab videos but they need to be scene by the general public.

These are all mostly random ideas that are popping in my mind just now but we can be unto something important here. If we manage to create a viral movement in favor of George then the tide will change completely and drown the schemers.

We need some planning to make this happen!

33. Sharon says:

In his discussion of their most recent distortions, Ed Driscoll (PJM) references the NBC editing of the Zimmerman tapes… He’s listing all of their deceptive editing in 2012 and includes this:

3. In April of last year, the “Today Show” was caught editing audio of a 9-1-1 call to make George Zimmerman look racist.

• jordan2222 says:

What’s tragic is that there is no reliable source of news or information today. Consider the plight of poorly educated folks who might not even have internet service, or, if they do, do not know how or where to begin to search for the truth.

A lot of work and time is required for truth today. I still want to believe that there is a market for hard news and maybe even professional journalism. That is the die hard newspaperman in me, not quite ready to give it up.

The original concept of 24 hours news created by Ted Turner was a great idea but sadly fell victim to his liberal politics and power. When the news frequency slowed down, they began to editorialize and the death knell sounded.

No real conservatives jumped in. And they still haven’t. Wonder why? Most of the commentators on Fox News give true conservatives a bad name.

All of them are a strange mix of editorial and/or entertainment “information,” and that is being kind.

In a sense, all news today is filtered, manipulated and ultimately controlled by “the State.” The number of followers increases dramatically every year and so they greatly outnumber the rest of us. The only differences between station numbers 1 to 500 are the numbers themselves with different faces preaching the same easily disguised messages.

“My people perish for lack of knowledge.”

34. menostupid says:

WOW!! 529 comments! I knew i shoulda kept up yesterday! WOLVERINES!!