Monday Open Thread – January 28th

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

117 Responses to Monday Open Thread – January 28th

1. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’, all! I’ve only caught a small snippet of news so far but it sounds like our thin skinned Imam Jawbone is whining about FOX news, yet again. Ramirez!

photo ram55_zps6e7fe44e.jpg

2. WeeWeed says:

Survivor of Tiananmen Square speaks on the 2nd amendment.

3. LandauMurphyFan says:

Good morning, all. Don’t you think you’d have started your day with a smile if you’d been awakened by the sweet, savoury smell wafting from your very own Wake’n Bacon alarm clock?

And considering that Valentine’s Day is on the horizon, you’d better get hustling if you’re going to order your honey a Burnin’ Bacon Love Bundle, a Swine & Wine Your Sweetie package, or some chocolate-covered bacon strips (available in milk or dark chocolate)!

4. texan59 says:

Grumpy and Wimpy lead on immigration reform. I’m sure this will end well. Mornin’ all. :D

5. texan59 says:

An intro to the Hilde-beast, 1992 for you young’uns.

• texan59 says:

You should’ve seen the look on Mrs. Tex when this POS came on. After I ‘splained that the libtards view the Constitution as a document of negative liberties the 1000 watt Easy-Bake oven light came on in her pretty little head. She hates politics just about as much as she hates NASCAR. ;)

6. ctdar says:

4 days after testimony…Hillary does find the time to sit down for 60 min interview yet couldn’t go out and discuss Benghazi where her friend and other US citizens were brutally murdered coz “that’s not what she does”. :evil:

7. WeeWeed says:

LOL!! H/T Texan59 :D

photo dems1_zps04bf8ad2.png

• aliashubbatch says:

And reason (unlucky) 13:

I voted Democrat because I make the choice to not think for myself. I’d much rather be led to believe the whims of people who are better than me solely on the basis that they say so. Rather than become a responsible, rational, adult, I choose to act as a child and lay blame of any of my misfortunes on anyone and everyone other than myself. Learning to be civilized is far too great a hassle, whereas being a hooligan is nothing but second nature.

I will subscribe to collectivist thought and ONLY that and be told that I’m a “free thinker”.

I will be for the genocide of the unborn, and be viewed as “a paragon of women’s rights.”

I will interfere in the lives of anyone who doesn’t blindfully believe everything as I do, all the while demanding “tolerance for opposing views”.

I will make many threats against you and even strike you if I feel like it, and any attempt of yours to retaliate or defend against me will make YOU a “violent extremeist.”

I will ignore any and all science and history that doesn’t line up with my collectivist views and dismiss them as “reich wing propaganda.”

I will mock anyone who holds that morality is absolute, yet attempt to make the views I hold THE ABSOLUTE.

I will do all these and more, but to make it short for you:

I reject reality and substitute it for my own.

8. texan59 says:

“I go shooting all the time”.
    I’m callin’ BS on this one. As I posted on this last night, if this limp-wristed debutante ever shot a shotgun, he’d be bruised up like a hemophiliac at the blood bank. :evil:

9. ctdar says:

Not enough $ in State department budget for protecting your ambassador, but let’s redecorate a mosque!

10. Auntie Lib says:

Mornin’ Treepers!

I am so ready for January to be over. Lots of drama in our Central Committee which involves some young hotheads who think they have all the answers attempting a hijack, and a sudden death in the family which resulted in an unexpected trip to Denver last week. I think things are settling back down to the usual uproar and panic – thank heavens!

Have a great day all!

11. Josh says:

America: Freedom to Fascism

Determined to find the law that requries American citizens to pay income tax, producer Aaron Russo (Bette Midler’sThe Rose, Trading Places) set out on a journey to find the evidence. Neither left nor right-wing, this startling examination of government exposes the systematic erosion of civil liberties in America since 1913 when the Federal Reserve system was fraudulently created. Through interviews with two U.S. Congressmen, former IRS Commissioner and former IRS and FBI agents, tax attorneys and authors, Russo connects the dots between money creation, federal income tax, and the national identity card, which becomes law in May 2008 and will use Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology.

12. czarowniczy says:

Update on the people whose lives were destroyed by the Christmas Day tornado here: As of ten minutes ago I’ve spoken to the office’s of both of thee Senators and the Congressional rep, all of whom had to reach into their memory stores for recollection of just the event itself. Basically they said that noting can be done, read as nothing is being done. Explanations ran the gamut; that the disaster has to have an interstate component (office wasn’t sure but they thought so), that there’s a dollar amount that has to be met, that FEMA uses a formula and the levels of suffering here just didn’t make the cut, et cetera. Rep’s office offered no excuses at all once they recalled the event. Senators’ offices basically said there was nothing their offices could do but they were trying (trying my patience – drum roll, Smitty). Now if you believe for one second that two US Senators can’t get a few squirts out of the Federal money hose to help a few dozen people whose lives have been destroyed…
    So, we have retirees and blue collar families whose lives and belongings have been destroyed living with friends and relatives and being assisted by their neighbors as Washington bureaucrats who don’t know or care who these people are or what happened to them deciding that their suffering does not met the levels needed for them to receive the taxpayer assistance their tax dollars paid for. Their, and your, dollars are still hosing down certain areas of New Orleans, funding a renaissance that profits pockets of the local politicians and their friends, people in New Orleans who didn’t bother to buy hurricane or flood insurance are still getting new houses paid for by YOUR tax dollars but here, in a largely rural county with some 55,000 residents, crickets chirping and neighbors helping neighbors. April 15th is coming up soon folks, try telling the Feds their situation does not warrant you paying your taxes.

13. ctdar says:

On Fox at 130pm there will be Sandy Hook Testimony from some of the children’s parents. Mark Martioli is the only parent I have heard speak in favor of the 2nd Amendment and he cites Chicago 500 murders as his basis. More gun laws will not work as criminals do not pay attention to law.

• ctdar says:

Just some quick notes from what i just saw, Mr Mattioli spoke this morning in Hartford, CT in front of the gun violence task force, more solutions from mental health, lot of TV and politicians telling you how complex gun violence is…answer is lack of civility, need common decency to prevail, tv and movie violence today is disgusting.
      Heartbreaking testimony from this father who struggled to keep his composure, saying society does not need complex laws regarding guns laws current laws need to be enforced, & parenting is necessary. Chicago is perfect example, no criminal pays attention to gun law, 500 murders last year. Chicago is proof that gun control does not work.
      When Mr Mattioli finished he recieved a standing ovation.

14. ctdar says:

Menendez,NJ was one of the senators brokering the amnesty bill. Menendez who had the illegal alien sex offender working for him & he himself being investigated for patronizing under age prostitutes?

15. 22tula says:

‎”Daniel Hannan: Don’t Occupy Wall Street, Occupy The Central Banks”
    By Lonely Conservative – January 26, 2013 – Video
    Look who’s in the audience. Very Interesting.

16. texan59 says:

Hehe! Pat Riley got the flu just before Miami Heat visit to Casa Blanco.

17. Patriot Dreamer says:

Clinton backers launch [What difference does it make?] super-PAC in hopes of 2016 campaign

18. texan59 says:

I posted about the boom-boom in Iran last week, which was first reported by WND. It’s been confirmed.

photo dynamite_zpsfc277af6.gif

19. Ad rem says:

Okay…now I know I’ve lived too long. Stick a fork in me (my eyes)….I know I’m done! Man…is first villainized, then feminized, and now just utterly humiliated….
    Welcome the latest fashion from the euto-weenie crowd….the “Mantyhose”. http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/01/mantyhose-is-supposedly-thriving-in-europe.html
    d02fff18d0fed188db16bc1bfbe0d3db_best_zps994e1fa6 photo d02fff18d0fed188db16bc1bfbe0d3db_best_zps994e1fa6-1_zpsc5b85d9e.jpg

20. texan59 says:

comment deleted…

21. texan59 says:

They said this was some Japanese guy, but he looked an awful lot like our skeet-shooting Imam Jawbone. I think he snuck int the X Games. :lol:

22. howie says:

They have re-mamed amnesty. From now on it will be called regularizing. Ain’t it grand?