It Must Be Me – Iran Sends A Monkey Into Space….

I’m sure we did something like this back in the sixties, so don’t bust my chops.   But, this just seems soooo  wrong.   Poor little fella.   Will they get him back, or was this just a one-way ticket?

Maybe I’ve got a little more ‘treehugger’ in me than I like to admit, but this picture just seems terrible…..  I’m definitely not a card-carrying member of PETA, but sheeesh, I feel horrible for the poor monkey.

From Somewhere In The Land of The DinnerJackets  - Iran launched Pioneer Explorer Satellite and placed it into space, taking a giant stride in the field of space bio-research, Public Relations Department at Iran Aerospace Organization said on Monday.

iran-monkey-466x700

Iran places Pioneer Explorer Satellite into space

The Explorer Satellite was launched concurrent with the auspicious birth anniversary of Holy Prophet Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him).

The explorer was put in the orbit as per schedule and altitude.

The Islamic Republic of Iran has sent a monkey into space aboard an indigenous bio-capsule as a prelude to sending humans into space.

Iran launched its first indigenous satellite, Omid (Hope), in 2009. The country also sent its first bio-capsule containing living creatures into the space in February 2010, using the indigenous Kavoshgar-3 (Explorer-3) carrier.

In June 2011, Iran put the 15.3-kilogram Rasad (Observation) orbiter in space. Rasad’s mission was to take images of the Earth and transmit them along with telemetry information to the ground stations.

Iran launched Navid-e Elm-o Sanat (Harbinger of Science and Industry), another indigenous satellite, into the orbit on February 3, 2012.  (article)

obama-ahmadinejad_n

I’m holding Obama accountable for anything bad that happens to the little monkey:(

….. and I will be following the story to find out.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Islam, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to It Must Be Me – Iran Sends A Monkey Into Space….

1. Ad rem says:

What kind of jerry-rigged-piece-of-cr*p space seat is that? It’s like somebody sliced a shopping basket in half, then gave it a cheap layer of upholstery foam. Next thing you know, they’ll be coming for the cats. :evil:

• lovemygirl says:

It isn’t even as sophisticated as the Sail form a small boat I tried to make into a glider and jumped off the roof with in my early teens. No, I didn’t fly anywhere but didn’t break any bones either.

2. That’s the “Before” picture. Five will get you ten, there’s no “After” picture.

The Iranian Space Costume Designers were obviously inspired by the confidential photos of Osama bin Laden’s burial attire. :evil:

• howie says:

Ahh dunno? It seems to me the significance is that they have intercontinental delivery systems. As do the NORKS. Orbital boosters are not needed for an IBCM with a warhead. For example: little boy was just a rifle to smash U235, . Not all that hard if ya got the stuff. Put da lime in da coconut an mix it all up.

3. texan59 says:

I’ve tried to not comment on this. I saw something about this earlier today and there are just so many different ways one could go. It’s just not fair to the monkey.

4. maggiemoowho says:

I was just telling my hubby about this and how mad I was that Shepard Smith and a few others made light and some made jokes about this poor little guy. He is so scared and helpless. Why do people think animals are so disposable or don’t feel or hurt. I see this monkey and cry, it is so incredibly sad. Nothing hits me in the gut more than animal, child and elderly abuse.

• howie says:

Dis ain’t about da Monkey.

• maggiemoowho says:

Wait do you mean what I think you mean. Like a message of some sort to us. That is awful. All I could think about was this poor monkey and nothing else even crossed my mind. They even showed pictures of the little guy in a tux today. I did wonder why, with all the technology there is today, why use a monkey. Wow, that is disturbing.

• Sha says:

maggiemoowho : I have the same weakness animal,child and elderly abuse. I got upset when I saw the picture because it makes me think that some people will do what ever they wont to something that is weaker than them. You don’t see a lion straped down do you ?

• maggiemoowho says:

About 3 years ago I came across a story about elephants in Tailand and how those people train them. To this day when I think of that story I can’t hold back the tears. Haiti and the abuse of cats (and i’m sure other animals) it turns my stomach and will never donate a dime to that country due to the acceptance of cat abuse and torture. (nailed to crosses and paraded around, not kidding, it’s sick) Found that out thanks to the people of Miami and their twitter photos. Sick how many people think it’s funny and tweet about it. Many countries accept abuse and don’t care to stop it.

5. justfactsplz says:

Poor little monkey. The fear he will go through all alone. We don’t need our enemies in space anyway.

6. lovemygirl says:

I prefer the story of their deep concealed centrifuge accidentally going BOOM a few days ago. Good hunting IDF/Mossad.

7. Sharon says:

I’m holding Obama accountable for anything bad that happens to the little monkey.

Well, if you succeed, it will be a first in terms of him being held accountable–for anything.

Kiss the monkey goodbye, folks.

We’re gonna have to toughen up. They are killing Iranians and Christians with just as much concern as they’re sending this monkey aloft. The torture of the American pastor has started, and is scheduled to continue for 8 years. If we have to cry, let’s cry over that. Yes, it’s an illustration of their calloused evil, but it’s a way lesser bit of evidence, is it not?

The most serious thing about this is that they have the launch-power to send stuff here and there around the region–stuff that can go BOOM! when it gets to where it’s going. I care about animals as much as the next softy, but the monkey is not a people. There are people being tortured, and more that they are going to get to as soon as they can..

What if we are taken in for questioning and told that if we don’t do what they want, they’re going to torture the monkey in front of us until we agree? Is that really all it will take to gain our compliance?

BTW, it’s understandable if we want to just emotionally blow off steam–but some times our emotions can inform us of other issues. They will not get compliance from me by torturing a monkey in my presence.

8. Dawn Doe says:

A monkey may not be people, but I still think this is unconscionable. It all is: the torture of people, animals and the fact that these evil people are making advances in technology. And I make no apologies for the horror and disgust i feel about the evil that has happened to this innocent little monkey.

• Sharon says:

Why would you apologize for the horror and disgust you feel? I won’t apologize for the horror and disgust I feel (for the same reasons you cite).

I did not argue that this was “not unconscionable.” Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut–I’ve done that on a few occasions. Once for several hours at a stretch.

• maggiemoowho says:

I sent an email to Fox about this. I don’t know what other station said, but I was appalled and disgusted that they could actualy make light of that poor animal. Shep Smith was the worse with his snarky attitude.

9. Rand says:

I never apologize for caring about animal welfare and never backdown in my response to “they are just animals”.

10. Josh says:

This is soooo sad! I will never forget that monkey’s face! Where is PETA?!?!

11. yankeeintx says:

Poor monkey! I will admit though, I had a terrible picture in my thoughts. A video was posted of Dr. Garrow and he mentioned that the people on the streets of China refer to our dear pResident as a monkey. Now just picture that!! How many of us would be willing to hit the launch button?

12. czarowniczy says:

And you know of those of you who broke the Sabbath, bow We said unto them: Be ye apes, despised and hated! Holy Quran 2:65.

Shall I tell thee of a worse (case) than theirs for retribution with Allah? Worse (is the case of him) whom Allah hath cursed, him on whom His wrath hath fallen! Worse is he of whose sort Allah hath turned some to apes and swine, and who serveth idols. Such are in worse plight and further astray from the plain road. Holy Quran 5:60

So when they took pride in that which they had been forbidden, We said unto them: Be ye apes despised and loathed! Holy Quran 7:166

So, maybe some cultural stuff going on, watch for dogs and Pigs in Space next, or perhaps there weren’t any qualified volunteers from the Guardian Council so they got the next best candidate. Also a nice cover for developing reentry and targeting procedures for a nuke warhead.