01/24 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

Use this thread as an open thread just for Zimmerman Case stuff. A place to just dump, collect, or discuss general information about the Trayvon Martin VS George Zimmerman Case.

“The sensationalized, fact-deficient coverage of this case has achieved the
desired results. The networks got their ratings. The politicians got their
talking points. And if it means innocent people get caught in the middle of the
racial enmity they’ve fomented, obviously it’s considered acceptable collateral
damage.
Congratulations, geniuses. Job well done. Jim Treacher, The DC Trawler

REMINDER – Please WATCH THE TONE and CONTENT of Commentary. Please be respectful, courteous and considerate of other readers and contributors. Please avoid hatespeak, angry rhetoric, vulgarity, personal attacks and condescension. If you wish to engage in vitriolic, racist, or bitter angry rhetoric, there are alternative sites on the internet more than welcoming to such considerations. But not here. Thank You.

About these ads
This entry was posted in George Zimmerman Open Thread, Trayvon Martin, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

385 Responses to 01/24 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

1. rumpole2 says:

Jose Baez answers your questions, talks Zimmerman case
    Last Updated: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 5:01 PM

ORLANDO – Former Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez is joining forces to form a powerful law firm.

Baez is merging his Kissimmee-based firm with The Trial Professionals, the Orlando law firm of Piercy Stakelum. Baez already represents clients from Florida and across the country, but he said he’s excited about the merger and continuing to serve the Central Florida community.

One of Baez’s current clients is former Sanford police Officer Chris Serino, who investigated the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in the days following the confrontation with George Zimmerman in February 2012.

“These cases can be somewhat volatile, and because of the spotlight and the glaring eye that burns, some people just want a little extra protection,” said Baez.

Serino was on the case when the political pressure and racially charged accusations were at their highest in Sanford and worldwide. Baez said he does not plan on letting fingers remain pointed at Serino for any potential missteps.

“That’s not going to happen on my watch,” said Baez. “So, whether that happens or not — they can try — but I don’t think they are going to succeed. Chris Serino is an excellent police officer. He was police officer of the year in 2006, has a stellar record, and the work that he did on the case was exemplary.”

But Baez also said the case against Zimmerman isn’t quite the same as the Casey Anthony trial.

“I don’t think it’s going to get the same type of attention,” he said. “It will still get national attention, and it will still be followed, but I just think what drew people more to Casey Anthony was the unknown. There was so much unknown, and people were trying to figure things out, and you don’t really have that with the Zimmerman case.”

…more at link
    http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cf … view_.html

VIDEO:Jose Baez on Zimmerman case

2. arkansasmimi says:

I am still curious as to whether TrayMom went back to work or not. Per this May 12, 2012 article, she got 8 months. The way I read it, (and I may be taking it incorrect) but Jan 2013 would be her 8th month? Or maybe it was Dec 2012. I know they closed down this fraudation and opened the Change for TM or something like that. Pretty darn good to be paid at your current job salary for being a uninvolved parent I would say. http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/11/2794656/trayvon-martins-mother-got-about.html

• libby says:

criminally negligent parent (she should be behind bars with crystal gale magnum and twanna brawley)

• tara says:

What makes me sick is that she and her co-workers all work for the Miami-Dade Housing Authority, giving away free housing to people who are not in need and sucking $$$ out of taxpayers. So not only are the taxpayers forced to pay for the housing, they’re forced to pay the salaries of the many people who administer the program.

I’m still wondering about her most recent foreclosure. Honestly, looking through the public records, it looks like she inherited a house free and clear when her mother died, but through subsequent mortgages and a foreclosure she walked away with $170,000. I wish someone could corroborate or refute this. It’s all in the Miami-Dade public records.

Tara,
        You think Sabrina has her racialist attitude end at the door to her workplace?
        I have seen how social services are doled out in this state.
        If you are white, you might as well be invisible to racialists in power in this state like sabrina.
        The African Americans claim only whites can be racist; that they are powerless.
        Nonsense, Sabrina was probably in control of major resoruces to help the poor and with her racialist attitudes, I bet she didnt help many whites and helped almost exclusively her own people.
        Think of the pickford settlement and what was alleged and no see it in practice in fact with whites as the beneficieries of being given far less than equal services when beign serviced by African American government workers.

• tara says:

Here in Chicago, blacks comprise 33% of the city population (the city proper, excluding surrounding suburbs), but they comprise at least 80% of the Chicago Housing Authority residents and at least 88% of the Section 8 voucher recipients Of the Section 8 recipients more than 50% have zero reported income, which makes me wonder how they’re paying the miniscule portion of the rent they’re expected to pay. On the latest CHA wait list a full 22% were reported as “other” in the race & ethnicity category. Something is very wrong here, this program is clearly mismanaged, and I know the taxpayers are being ripped off. They’re able to carry on because few look at the details. My husband and I love living downtown but we are so sick of being forced to support the freeloaders (don’t even get me started on the public school situation!), so soon we will move on. We’ll either move to a suburb or relocate to an entirely different metro area.

3. metrometeor says:

Hi guys. I’ve been making some posts here and there but I’ve never presented myself properly. I chose the name metrometeor completely at random. I’m a Mexican 21 year old student. Not much I’ve got to say really… except I thank you all for your magnificent research, it is inspiring.

What got me into the case was the very transparent media coordinated attack on George… I simply couldn’t believe such a massive conspiracy was being concocted against an innocent man. Now I want to see justice. Even if this case, politically, has nothing to do with me, I still pray to God and hope with all my heart that justice will be done. You know… I feel this case speaks to me.

So, God bless George, his friends and family, the defense team, and of course, all the fine people at the treehouse!!

4. rumpole2 says:

Daily Daft Posts From Justarse Quest

Common or garden wilful ignorance,

“Trayvon had every right to punch, kick, etc. to get rid of the menacing figure “

“Trayvon had no reason to get in a fight, he was on the phone to his girlfriend”

Take your pick…. any old opinion will do, just so long as Zimmerman is Lynched.

Random Topics

• rumpole2 says:

The song is for Traybots: “I may make you feel but I can’t make you think”.

Choice of artist is for Jello :D

• jello333 says:

This whole song is just brilliant, but listen to the acoustic guitar. You know that Anderson says way back when, he started messing with guitar a bit but then decided there was no point? He saw people like Clapton, Beck, and the likes and thought he would just embarrass himself if he tried. But then later he changed his mind, and figured he’d give it a shot. And yeah… like I say, just LISTEN to the guitar. Dude is as good as about anyone ever. And this idiot is just that good at EVERYTHING he puts his mind to. Freak of nature.

• jello333 says:

Hmmm… who is this? Not bad. They sound like they might someday be pretty good if they keep working at it.

• tara says:

I so miss late 60’s and early 70’s musical creativity. It makes me sad.

• rumpole2 says:

Cup half full!! My girl.
          Enjoy … enjoy the memories that music from the era can bring as soon as you hear it :D

• tara says:

Yesterday I listened to early 70’s Yes and ELP at work and I was flying high! I think I had a flashback at one point. :) And I did suffer one deep stabbing pang of nostalgia. I need more old rock in my life.

• lovemygirl says:

My wife isn’t fond of most of “my music” but occasionally I sneak some by her. I played some flute solos for my daughter when she started playing the flute and she seemed fascinated. It wasn’t until the guitars kicked in that my wife realized I was corrupting our daughter. ;)

• libby says:

trayvon had all the rigths cuz he was black and george had none (as soon as it was suspected george might be hite, he lost all of his rights that he had as a hispanic person)

• ejarra says:

Well, what do you know? I actually agreed with one of them at JQ. Aggie ended her rant with this statement. “I hope everyone that tried to cover this crime is investigated and held accountable and punished.”

I do too, Aggie, I do, too.

• rumpole2 says:

I hope postin about this case will see how WRONG they were (yet again) and go back and read some of their own and their fellows’ posts and see the hate and nasty gutter language……….
        Of course they wont… they will all be doing it again at the next lynchin’

• ottawa925 says:

exactly, rumpole. You have half saying the one and half saying the other. They aren’t even united on how it happened. At the treehouse we have never waivered. The facts thus far support exactly what GZ said happened, and we continue to validate his statements on a daily basis. We have on our own, with the guiding hand of SD and Dman rip apart the lies fed to the public since day one. We leave no rock unturned, and let the sunlight his whatever lives under those rocks. Exposed these parasites and cretins for what they are. I just hope just and punishment awaits those that vigorously attempted to thawt the truth just so they could satisfy a political and racial agenda. Will we ever see the trial of black youth that kills for kicks on In Session? I think not. We haven’t yet to my knowledge. The ONE and only case we ever saw involving a black was OJ, and you saw how that ended. Whether black or white we have to stop the injustice. Someone said the Casey Anthony case was lost because the jury was not instructed properly. That they didn’t realize that circumstantial evidence could be as powerful as an eye witness. We know that kid did not put tape on her mouth and crawl into the woods on her own. You don’t put tape over a drowned kid’s mouth. I just hope should GZ go to trial, which I hope he does not, will not make the same mistake and make it clear to the jury what their job is and what they are expected to follow to reach a decision. Cause if this is going to be another made up story by prosecution and the jury buys it … I think I’ll go through the roof. That’s why, IMO, the defense not only has to defend GZ, but prosecute the Crump and the scheme team, all the way up to the gov if necessary. You cannot thwart justice and truth just to ward off riotting by blacks, cause as we know it doesn’t take much for them to riot. So why tarnish and muddy up the wheels of the law just to satisfy a group of ignorant, violent people.

5. arkansasmimi says:

From the TrayFam Fraudation: http://changefortrayvon.com/
    Change for Trayvon@Change4Trayvon Jan 22 2013
    Mom: Trayvon Martin was killed because of ‘the color of his skin': http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46781618/ns/today-today_news/t/mom-trayvon-martin-was-killed-because-color-his-skin/#.UP69IuVY5gE.twitter … via @todayshow

• jello333 says:

How is that MSNBC story connected to the Fraudation site? I think it’s a very early story (March).

• arkansasmimi says:

The site has a twitter feed on it, and that was just posted/tweeted Jan 22. BUT LOL Guess what and I hope that MOM/WEST Grab it, it has the EDIT on it!!!! The NBC Today SITE!
        *****
        “(Zimmerman) was reacting to the color of his skin,’’ Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, told Matt Lauer on Monday. “He committed no crime. My son wasn’t doing anything but walking on the sidewalk, and I just don’t understand why this situation got out of control.’’
        *********
        In one call, the 911 dispatcher can be heard instructing Zimmerman not to pursue Martin.

“This guy looks like he’s up to no good or on drugs or something,’’ Zimmerman tells the dispatcher. “He’s a black male. Something’s wrong with him. He’s coming to check me out.”

“Are you following him?’’ the dispatcher replies. “OK, we don’t need you to do that.’’

• jello333 says:

Ah, got it. Looks like these lies and the lying liars who tell them ain’t gonna stop until someone MAKES them stop.

• libby says:

Too bad she never listened when the school told her to keep trayvon home for a few days (they let him roam instead). He would still be alive if they had punished him like they told the world they had

• nettles18 says:

I’d be curious to learn what the other set of parents did with the student who got suspended with Trayvon in February 2012.

According to Mr. Crump in this article: “Saying that the issue had become a distraction, Mr. Crump announced that Trayvon had been suspended from his Miami high school after school officials found in his bookbag a plastic bag with traces of marijuana inside. Mr. Crump said that he believed at least one other student was suspended in the episode.”

Do you think there is any chance those parents sent their kid unsupervised to another City for the 10 days with a pocket full of money to go to the movies and buy junk food?

• maggiemoowho says:

I wonder if that other student was Kit Darrant. He is the guy who stabbed his mother over 100 times when choking her didn’t work. I’m going to try and find more info about his case. He is being charged as an adult so his info should be public(I think).

• nettles18 says:

There’s more to this incident than we know. That’s for sure. The other student, I’m sure wasn’t suspended for a trace amount of drugs in Trayvon’s backpack. Tracy had repeatedly said he was in an unauthorized area at school….and that led to the suspension.

• sundance says:

Kit Darrant is a good suspicion for the “other” co-suspender…… Kit and Trayvon were *very* good friends, in the same school, with the same social circle.

• tara says:

Dear Sybrina: Your son is dead is because he physically assaulted a man who was legally allowed to carry a weapon and legally allowed to defend himself with that weapon when his life was in danger. Your son physically assaulted this man because he learned FROM YOU to hate whites and to always assume when a white person watches or follows a black person it’s a gross racially-motivated injustice worthy of a violent response. It’s a shame you’re too much of a brainwashed racist cog in the BGI to comprehend this.

• thefirstab says:

Hi tara,
            I’d just like to add to your excellent comment to Sybrina, so there’s no misunderstanding or additional BGI wiggle room – … when a white person, or a person of ANY RACE, watches or follows a black person, or a person of ANY RACE, who is engaged in suspicious behavior! Especially when that suspicious behavior aligns with previous crimes that had been occurring in the watchful person’s own neighborhood.
            I stand with everything else that you have said.

• hooson1st says:

Tara:
            So you know that Trayvon attacked GZ because his mother taught him to hate whites?

• John Galt says:

I think it was his cuz that taught him to put bangaz on crackas.

• janc1955 says:

hooson1st: Do you believe Sybrina when she says her son was killed because of the color of his skin?

• hooson1st says:

No, I don’t.

That confrontation was a tragedy, pure and simple. I think that GZ was panicked because of the initial shellacking that the evidence shows he endured.

Neither do I believe that Sybrina taught her son to hate whites. I acknowledge that it is possible that she may have, but I doubt it.

• jello333 says:

I don’t know about explicitly teaching them to dislike whites. And even if so, that could have come from not only Sybrina, but also Tracy or Alicia (and maybe others). But what DOES seem to be true, is that for whatever reason they do not like to associate with whites. Look at the pictures. Their private family/friends type pictures, and everything on Twitter, Facebook, etc. You have to look very, very hard to find even a single white person. And look at not just their friends, but the friends of their friends (on Twitter, etc). Still… where are the white people? Unless they grew up in, lived in, went to school in, and worked in completely black areas, how is it that they have no white friends… neighbors, acquaintances…. nothing? Just looking at it statistically, it’s almost impossible for that to have taken place purely by chance. So it looks to me very much like they are consciously, intentionally, only associating with members of their own race.

What’s the word for that?

• howie says:

Segahgation?

• howie says:

Disversity?

racisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
                    (who is more racissssssss than african americans?)
                    NOBODY

• hooson1st says:

Jello33

We do not have a complete picture of their lives, associates, and surroundings.

• jello333 says:

“The fact that Sybrina et al may closely associate with those of their own race or community is completely normal. Even white people do that.”

No, you missed my point. It isn’t that they “closely associate” with other blacks, or that the majority of their friends are black. Yeah I’d agree, THAT is fairly normal. But that’s not what the Martins/Fultons seem to do. They go FAR beyond that. Please read my other comment again and I think you’ll get my point. When you just look at the population numbers as racial percentages, it’s very unlikely a white person can just accidentally NOT have any black friends. And the converse is much, much more unlikely: Considering how many more whites than blacks there are, how on earth can a black person go through life without managing to have any white friends? But in the Matins/Fultons case, that seems to be what has happened.

So… sorry, but I see this as far more than them just “closely associating with those of their own race.” It looks to me like they’re going out of their way to NOT associate with those of other races. I think there’s a big difference.

But I’ll admit, all this comes with the caveat, as you say, “We do not have a complete picture of their lives, associates, and surroundings.” It could turn out that we’re just missing a big part of the picture. If that turns out to be true, I’ll retract the other stuff I’ve said.

• hooson1st says:

Jello33

“” It looks to me like they’re going out of their way to NOT associate with those of other races. I think there’s a big difference.”

If that were true, then your conclusions could be warranted.

But is it?

• debfrmhell says:

I don’t see that as much from her as I see it from Tracy Martin.

• John Galt says:

“I think that GZ was panicked because of the initial shellacking that the evidence shows he endured.”

I think that GZ was in reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm because of the brutal assault that the evidence shows he endured.”

• libby says:

She may have only taught him to be extremely contemptuous of whites (he made have learned his hatred for whites from his dad and the BGI in general- the bgi aint powerless , they only pretend to be powerless victims).

• libby says:

We know she says this case is racial and she and her son’s supporters are the most racialracist folks we have seen in this case.
              of course, she could be wrong’ she has been lying a lot sine this case began

• tara says:

Yes. And she’s not the only one who corrupted him.

Do you remember DD2 telling BDLR that Trademark told her George was white? According to DD2, Trademark told her that while he was still standing at the “mail thing”, when he had just noticed that he was being watched. Let’s forget for a moment how improbably it was that Trademark could see into George’s truck, let’s just ponder why Trademark would have been concerned about George’s color.

• hooson1st says:

Tara:

You have far better insight into Sybrina then I do.

I take DD2’s comment about what TM allegedly told her as being as accurate as everything she said in reply to BDLR’s leading questions.

DD2’s comments should be treated with extreme caution. For myself, I hesitate to pick and choose to believe any particular statement she has made just because it may happen to support an opinion I have.

• John Galt says:

“Funds raised through Change For Trayvon are not tax deductible and will be utilized for engagement in the political process subject to Florida Statute 106.

Sponsored by Change For Trayvon”

“The Change For Trayvon Committee of Continuous Existence operated under Florida Statute 106.04 will support candidates and elected officials who agree that Stand Your Ground Laws should have judicial or prosecutorial oversight.”

Not finding any committee containing the word “Trayvon” in the division of elections database:

“A committee of continuous existence may not:
      1. Make independent expenditures.
      2. Make electioneering communications.
      3. Support or oppose issues without first registering as a political committee.”

at page 5.

So, is Change For Trayvon raising money and opposing SYG laws without registering as a political committee?

• eastern2western says:

how the heck do you have a judicial and prosecutorial over sight on a law? I do not understand what they are trying to achieve with their fund, but do they even understand that it is insufficient evidence that prevented the cops from making an arrest. God, stupid fund is a scamm.

• jello333 says:

“stupid fund is a scamm”

That goes for everything they’re involved in. With all their “foundations” and stuff, even if they’re supposedly “lobbying” for this or that cause, or raising money to be used for that cause, doesn’t matter. In the end, the main goal is to enrich THEMSELVES, either directly through the money they collect, or indirectly through building their fame and “reputations”. Just look at that banquet the other day, where they gave out the scholarship. They gave one student a $1,000 award. Cool. But guess what? There were (just guessing), around 150 people there, who each paid $50 for the pleasure of seeing Tracy, Sybrina, and Crump. So $7,500 (I’m being very conservative here) minus the $1,000 they gave away, equals… hmmm… quite a nice haul for a few hours’ “work”.

• arkansasmimi says:

I totally agree! I wonder if, since they arent nonprofit, if there are still guidelines and ways to make them be accountable for the $. You know as well as I, that if the roles were switched that they would be all over this calling GZ racist in his dealings. Hell they already have!

• John Galt says:

“how the heck do you have a judicial and prosecutorial over sight on a law?”

Existing Florida SYG law (Florida Statutes, Chapter 776) have judicial and prosecutorial oversight. A prosecutor must bring charges and a judge must decide a 776.032 immunity hearing.

• eastern2western says:

I am pointing to a fact that it was not the syg law that prevented an arrest because all evidences support zimmerman’s story. However, every media seem to insist that it was the syg law. It is still very selfish of her to keep insisting zimmerman was the attacker when her lawyers even admitted that it was trayvon who gotten on top of zimmerman and started beating his head to the ground.

• jello333 says:

Yeah, so what exactly are these people trying to change in the law? Actually…. I wonder how much they really ARE trying to change the law? I mean, maybe this is just for show. Just their way of trying to make Trayvon look like a victim of a “white man’s” law or some such. Because really, there’s not much difference between the SYG provisions, and just common old self-defense…. but they know they’d look like complete fools to argue against common self-defense laws, so….

Yes, I know the civil immunity clause is important to certain people, but that doesn’t seem to be a focus. Are they even demanding that THAT part be removed from the law? If not, then it seems even more likely that this is for show.

• justfactsplz says:

They want the civil immunity clause removed to pave the way for future lawsuits. It is all about the money.

• arkansasmimi says:

“CHANGE” for Trayvon. Yep all about the Moolah, CHUMP CHANGE, change as in send us your $. I mean what the hell kind of CHANGE can be done for Trayvon now? His PARENTS should have CHANGED where as the kid might have CHANGED. But too late for that now. Yep ALL ABOUT THE CHANGE. They at least stated the TRUTH there!!!

• howie says:

The logic of a Liberal is not based in reality world.

• arkansasmimi says:

Scam it seems to me. TrayMom and Dad gonna rec their compensation, same $ as their making at jobs. Sounds like a pretty cushy job to me. Almost sounds to me like they are advertising buying votes for their cause.

• justfactsplz says:

It is a scam. I wish the IRS would unload all over them. There may be a few of the people that wrote out checks in the thousands that think differently now and might help the endeavor. The cash could never be accounted for. This is so immoral and she calls herself a Christian. Shameful.

6. arkansasmimi says:

SOOO Chump and Co will be in court on Feb 5th! Hope its a good show!!!!
    Benjamin Crump, Esq.@attorneycrump Jan 17 2013
    @Activist30 the judge scheduled a court hearing on #Trayvon’s Birthday, so we will be in court. If anything develops I will let you know.

7. arkansasmimi says:

This made me spew coffee on my screen and almost choke, all the while laughing so hard! How are you fellow Treepers gonna COMMEMORATE??? Sounds like next they are gonna try to get IF I HAD A SON, to grant a National Holiday
    ************
    Change for Trayvon@Change4Trayvon Jan 15 2013
    February 5th – A Day of Remembrance. How will you commemorate what would have been Trayvon’s 18th Bday? Please… http://fb.me/224Q9agAh

8. arkansasmimi says:

ROFLMAO! 5 comments~! 22 whole shares and 57 likes bahahahaha out of the 1529 fb peeps who “LIKED” the page~
    *******
    Change for Trayvon
    January 14.
    The White House forgot to invite Sybrina Fulton, Tracy Martin and Benjamin Crump to the White House for the meetings w/ victims of gun violence and future gun control – major oversight! Please repost and tell the the WH all voices should be represented!

9. arkansasmimi says:

So since all these places the Scheme Team has begged for $$$$ but none are tax deductable, that means THEY have to pay taxes on it too, correct? I betcha they didnt try to get tax exempting so that they wouldnt have to make public how much they rake in.

Sponsored by Change For Trayvon

10. jello333 says:

Are the Leatherface people even crazier than the JQers? This is a question from one of Freddy’s “students”, in the article today where he tells us how “the wheels are falling off” the defense team, and how MOM is trying to find a way to withdraw from the case. ;)

“Do you think it’s possible that ShelLie’s lawyer could ask for a plea deal in her perjury case, if she opens up about all she knows about fogen killing Trayvon and about any racism she has observed in that family?”

• justfactsplz says:

Un friggin believable! There is no limit to how low the Trayvonites and Scheme Team will go.

• For a minute there, I thought old Fred was toning down the rhetoric, then I realized the paypal button was still there.

It’s one hell of a fantasy world he and his bobbleheads reside in. Defense Team is quiet equals OMG We’re through! Never mind the fact that we’re a couple months away from the immunity hearing, have multiple depositions left to take, reciprocal discovery and the like. He’s a punchline.

• jello333 says:

And unless I missed it, Freddy just completely ignored the recent filing where MOM lists all the stuff that they’ve just received… the stuff that the prosecution was trying to HIDE. Don’t the Leatherface people realize just what a BIG deal that is?

• The one thing that has always bothered me about him is that he makes a lot of noise about the defense team being on their own to find discoverable material, yet still blames his Stenson failure on the State keeping exculpatory from him. Its just mind boggling hypocrisy.

• John Galt says:

Right, agree to tell lies to send Z to prison for life to avoid probation. LOL.

• jello333 says:

I’ve said this before. And even though I don’t know them personally, I really feel it’s true. If George was to come to Shellie and say, “Hey, they’re offering to let me plead to involuntary manslaughter, and I’ll only do a year in jail. What do you think?”… if George was to say that to Shellie, she’d slap him across the face, just to wake him up. “What are you THINKING? You are not pleading to ANYTHING!”

• ftsk420 says:

Wouldn’t Spousal privilege stop that from happening.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

Fla. Stat. § 90.504

The privilege applies to both spouses, and includes preventing disclosure by others. I think that means that even if Shellie wants to testify against George, she can’t testify about anything privileged unless George also waives privilege.

Privilege applies only to confidential communications. She can testify about things she witnessed herself, or things George told her in the presence of others.

11. brutalhonesty says:

public opinion has shifted, most of them see the truth and dropped the cause…user participation is in the 0.4% range…(i dont care to actually do the math, but 1000 of 230,000 is what percent?), my pages were not banned, fewer shares/likes/comments on posts, and pro-gz people I have never heard of are posing there…sybrina, they did forget about trayvon.

12. arkansasmimi says:

Chump still chasing across country scooping up new clients. Did he ever do this before TM? I know someone here said when he “took the AR case recently, he was wasnt lic in AR to practice” wonder if he is in Cali?
    Dead Woman’s Family To LAPD: Show Us The Video
    Posted: Jan 22, 2013 6:38 PM CST
    Read more: http://www.myfoxla.com/story/20653058/family-makes-emotional-appeal-to-lapd-over-death#ixzz2IsfB8fDX

• jello333 says:

Crump and his buddies are RACISTS. If they weren’t, if they REALLY cared about civil rights and injustice, they would NOT just take on cases with black “victims”. They’d care about ALL innocent people being harmed. Kelly Thomas. I can’t think of a case of police brutality in recent memory any worse than that. So where was Crump, Sharpton, and their ilk? Oh that’s right… Kelly was white.

• libby says:

race pimpin and lawyerin are not the same even though they appear similar in a lot of lights and venues.
      As long as he is doing his extortion outside of a courtroom he is likely to get away with just about anything.

13. brutalhonesty says:

9 days? so whats the excuse? these are decent. they had it, they look nice, they are accurate about size…why use the hollister pic???

14. arkansasmimi says:

Holy Crap BATMAN!
    NKorea warns it will conduct nuclear test, carry out more long-range rocket launches
    Published January 24, 2013
    Associated Press

15. brutalhonesty says:

is there anywhere that has a complete list of all the martin sides lies?
    just sayin, if the truth is on their side, why so many friggin lies?
    chad isnt his brotherdd isnt a minor
    jahvaris isnt a fulton
    there is no tear on cheek death photo (its rain drops)
    he wasnt shot in the head or back
    gz is not racist
    they did not see him last at 8:30
    he did not leave at halftime
    he was not “in a hurry to get home to see the game”(711 vid proves this see 3 stooges+fact of taking an hour to walk back)
    brandy was not fiancee
    tm and tracy did not live in the gated community
    he was not in the morgue for 3+ days before parents notified
    gz did not straight up call and say “hes suspicious, hes looks black”
    chad was not home
    he was not on the porch
    dd was not his g/f
    sybrina didnt raise him, alicia did
    he was not hunted like a dog
    gz did not chase him gun in hand
    gz did not say “no” when asked in lie detector if he was in fear of his life
    it as not ice tea(the whole narrative since day 1)
    he did not have $22, he had $40.10 AFTER buying the watermelon drink and tea(tracey)
    he was not that little kid wearing a hollister shirt (old pic)
    gz was not over 200 lbs at the time (old pic)
    the police did not “not do their job”…”because hes black”
    gz is not white (serino interview, serino asks if hes hispanic and he says yes)
    gz did not “only call 911 on blacks”
    tm was not shot “for no reason”, it was because he commited felonious assault and battery
    there were not 2 shots
    there is no 2nd shooter at the grassy knoll mystery man in a white shirt
    tm was not handcuffed
    the whole Dee dee fabrication
    shelly never lied, she specifically told them who had the info about the $$$ and offered to contact
    gz never confronted tm (deedee says tm confronted gz)
    gz never had a chance to say anything after “no i dont have a problem”

I know there are many many more……this is just off the top of my head…..

• jello333 says:

Cool, I’m gonna save that. Like you say, it’s not complete, but it’s still really helpful.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

Has anyone ever certified (officially) if there is a difference between “T-Mobile” time and the time used by the 911 computer to establish the connection times? Are they perfectly “synchronized” or does any difference exist?

• diwataman says:

I don’t recall any mention of that in the discovery. I’m thinking there would be some difference but probably not much, maybe seconds worth? I doubt it could be that much off given how big a company T-Mobile is and it is a phone company after all, same with the importance of time keeping in the LE community. But I would think for accuracy someone should check it.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

I agree with all you said. Probably off a sec or two, but to be 100% accurate someone should check. I don’t know how it could be done with 911 though. It might require some type of supervisor to verify that.

NEXT QUESTION: Have the timestamps on the 7-11 videos ever been verified? In one camera angle TM is heard/seen answering his phone while he stands at the counter, but no incoming call is noted for any time between 3:04pm and 6:41pm. IIRC, he is seen doing this @ 6:25. Unless the call did not connect because he was laready on the phone with DeeDee, that would mean the 7-11 CCTV security system time was off by about 16 minutes. Has THIS ever been verified (officially) that you know of?

• diwataman says:

I don’t recall anything on that either. The thing is, I would think the investigator would be checking this as he collects the videos just as it was done with the clubhouse video and that’s why we know the time on those is 18 minutes off so I kind of figure they would do the same with every other video, however one involved in the case should not assume such a thing and again, it should be checked.

• jordan2222 says:

I have used that link more than any other one that’s out there.

• John Galt says:

“the whole Dee dee fabrication”

That includes lots of lies.

dd attended or didn’t attend funeral / wake: reference Radar Online and Nancy Grace interview of Ronquavis

Trayvon bought drinks – per DD

Trayvon bought iced tea – per DD

Trayvon ran home from 7-11 per dd – which actually took 40 minutes to cover aprox 1/2 mile – to finish watching the NBA All Star game which had not yet started

Trayvon entered the gate code: as told to Al Sharpton by Crump after interviewing DD

crazy creepy big old white dude – Z is actually rather small and obviously Hispanic

following in a car – Z drove a Honda Ridgeline truck

Trayvon put his hoodie on because the man was watching him and / or it was drippin a lil bit water – actually Trayvon was wearing the hoodie when he left 7-11

According to DD, 5’8″ Z fast walked 6′ + Trayvon down.

“She said, ‘Suddenly Martin was cornered!’ ” – Matt Gutman

DD heard Trayvon say a lil bit of get off, get off after the phone went dead

DD heard grass

DD heard a push, which later became something hitting something, which then became something hitting somebody pursuant to BDLR’s leading.

DD story is inconsistent with timeline / distances

DD story is inconsistent with Trayvon’s actual route

“You want that too?”

“Yeah, you could say that.”

DD is a minor child – Crump.

Another one that I suspect will be added to the list in the future:

Trayvon was a Moma’s boy who would never ever fight.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

De la Rionda asked two questions at once, which is very poor interviewing. (TV show hosts do it all the time, which is one of the many reasons they suck.) I don’t think it’s clear that Dee Dee meant to say that she missed both the wake and the funeral.

• ftsk420 says:

I think Tracy knew who Dee Dee was by the time the wake happened.

• John Galt says:

“I don’t think it’s clear that Dee Dee meant to say that she missed both the wake and the funeral.”

It is as clear as anything else that DD says.

BDLR: Were you able to go to the funeral or to the wake?

Dee Dee: I was goin’ to go, but…

BDLR: OK, what happened?

Dee Dee: I didn’ feel good.

BDLR: OK, did you end up going to the hospital or somewhere?

Dee Dee: Mmmm…Yeah, I had high blood pressure.

“Ronquavis said he met Dee Dee at the funeral for the first time, and spoke to her only briefly. This would have been before her existence as phone witness was publicly known. How did he know this was the same girl? Was she pointed out to him at the funeral by someone who knew her secret? Did he find out later? From whom? Nancy Grace didn’t ask any of the obvious follow-up questions.”

Radar Online seems pretty clear on the topic, although it does appear that Scheme Team may have swapped in a different DD at some point. It is abundantly clear that both Nancy Grace and Ronquavis were referring to DD, the phone witness.

Grace: Do you know this girl that he was talking to that evening?

Ronquavis: No, but I met her at the funeral.

“Dee Dee didn’t say that Martin ran all the way home from the 7-11. She said he ran when it started raining.”

BDLR: OK, alright, OK, and we’ve got all the phone records that would establish that, so I’m not going to ask you details as to what specific times. But, what I wanted to cover with you is when he left the store, did he mention something about that at that time whether it was raining or not?

Dee Dee: Like, when he come home, or..?

BDLR: Yeah, tell what happened as he’s talking to you when he’s leaving the store…on his way back home.

Dee Dee: When he was leaving the store, he just told me that he bought drinks…and it about to rain.

BDLR: OK, and then what?

Dee Dee: It about to rain..he about to get to…inside a thing. It started raining.

BDLR: It started raining, and did he go somewhere?

Dee Dee: Yeah. He ran to the um…mail thing.

“I can’t say I’m sure, but I don’t recall Dee Dee saying Martin told her that Zimmerman was ‘big’.”

Let me refresh your recollection. She said “big white dude” @ 2:21

[audio src="http://184.172.211.159/~gzdocs/documents/0113/w8_interview/w8_recordingA3_red.mp3" /]

• nomatter_nevermind says:

‘Which was when he left the store, according to DD. No intervening activities are described.’

Non sequitur.

I’ve been making the opposite assumption, that it started to rain just as Martin reached ‘the gated place’. But I realize now that my assumption was also not supported by the text. The rain could have started when Martin was at any point between the store and RATL.

Thanks for calling my attention to that.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

‘following in a car – Z drove a Honda Ridgeline truck’

At TalkLeft we had some fun with this.

• John Galt says:

“From the pictures I’ve seen, a Honda Ridgeline is something I would call a ‘car’. There’s no reason to assume that Martin would know it was technically a truck.”

Nonsense, it is a truck and looks like a truck. “A big white dude is following me in a car” proves that DD is a liar.

“The Honda Ridgeline is a mid to full size sport utility truck produced by the Japanese automaker Honda. The Ridgeline was released in March 2005 as a 2006 model and is Honda’s intended first foray into the North American pickup truck market. Until 2009, the Ridgeline was built in Alliston, Ontario, Canada alongside the Acura MDX, Honda Civic, Honda Civic Si, and Acura CSX. The Ridgeline was awarded Motor Trend’s Truck of the Year for 2006.”

• tara says:

I’m not into cars so when I read your post about the Honda Ridgeline, which I had never seen before, I decided to take a look at a picture of one and then provide my honest assessment.

I cannot imagine anyone describing this vehicle as anything but a truck. Even viewing the front straight on, it still look looks like a truck.

• ottawa925 says:

Pretty good there, brutal.

16. brutalhonesty says:

They claimed george had special treatment and connections, but they had the connections and got special treatment (naacp, al, jesse, obama). they claimed gz, his supporters, the police, are all racists, they are the racists (“they killed my son” “bangers to a cracker”). they say George profiled Trayvon, but Trayvon profiled George as “old white creepy”, they claimed George lies, they lied. They claimed George has multiple versions, their story keeps changing every time more evidence comes out. They claim George is trying to profit from this, they are the ones living large, they claimed this video and that witness blows the self defense claim out of the water, it was lies and it proves george was right. they claimed the white cops were covering for george, the black cops were pressuring the white ones to railroad george.There sure is an awful lot of projection going on here.The biggest projection being racism. it is their racism that made them decide george is guilty. it is their racism that decided trayvon did no wrong. it is their racism that decided george must be racist since hes “white”. it is their racism that they decided the cops didnt do their job because they are white and trayvon isnt. it is their racism that made them claim the white cops were covering for george, it is their racism that everything black gravitated towards the jftm movement-from the average joe to maxine waters and obama…. and it is their racism that has the martins getting awards for having done nothing.I do sincerely believe that if they admit george is innocent, they admit their racism, and we cant have that now can we

• justfactsplz says:

Both of you posts are great ones.

• libby says:

Their racism is POWERFUL specifically BECAUSE their institutions are powerful.
      (Recall that liberals like to claim that African American racism has no sting because their institutions are powerless and yet this case demonstrates very clearly that African American institutions are not powerless and as such, their racism now needs to be addressed even if the US Attorney General is a major supporter of black racialism. And if the president wanted to show he is on the side of Dr MLK, he can show us how he wants all folks to be judged equally, rather than show preference for those who look like they might be his kids

• jordan2222 says:

I really believe that a majority of blacks are taught racism at an early age. Why is Angel different? What are any black successful black conservatives different?

• libby says:

Some are different because they take responsibility rather than seek ways to blame.
          They are successful, though, becuase they take responsibility rather than only offer blame.
          I think we are all taught early in life to either blame or be responsible

17. brutalhonesty says:

The unrelated killings of two young men, two state government controversies, election developments and a multi-fatality car crash made up the top 10 Florida news stories of 2012, according to an Associated Press survey of newspaper editors.

The number one story, the editors decided, was the killing of Trayvon Martin and the examination it caused of Florida’s stand-your-ground self-defense law and the role of guns in modern society.

The other top-of-the-news death was that of Robert Champion, the Florida A&M University drum major who was fatally beaten during a hazing ritual involving the famous Marching 100 band. The death occurred in 2011 but it became a 2012 top story when charges were filed this year against 13 band members.

The number 6 story of the year, the AP said, was a foggy weather pile-up on I-75 near Gainesville in early January. Eleven people died.

Most of the other stories in the top 10 were election-related, including the long lines on election day, the Republican convention in Tampa and President Obama’s winning Florida’s 29 electoral votes.

Click here for AP’s discussion of these top stories of 2012:
    1Trayvon Martin
    2Election day delays
    3Charges filed in Florida A&M hazing death
    4Republican National Convention in Tampa
    5Obama wins Florida’s 29 electoral votes
    6Eleven-death pile-up on I-75
    7U. S. Supreme Court rejects Florida appeal and upholds Obamacare
    8Florida’s jobs agency chief Hunting Deutsch resigns after admitting he abused the system
    9A legislative committee approves privatizing medical care in Florida prisons

• libby says:

When a black guy is killed by fellow black folks, there is no rush to arrest anyone (like in the famu hazing incident). they only need to rush to arrest someone when a percieved white person is involved.

• ejarra says:

Is it because that there is no money able to be gleaned from probably 99.99% of black-on-black murders? Is it because it’s just too common? Is it raycissts (sp on purpose) for me to say and think that? It’s a sad reflexion on the MSM and the justice system more than anything else.

• tara says:

Interesting point about the money. All of the families of victims of black-on-black violence, as far as I know they’re not out on the circuit passing wastebaskets around, probably because everyone would roll their eyes because it’s just another day in the ‘hood, nothing special. They’d all be giving each other money every week.

18. nettles18 says:

The defense team has posted their Notices of Taking Depositions for December 11th, January 15th, 18th, 22nd and 23rd. Link here: http://gzlegalcase.com/index.php/court-documents/83-notices-of-taking-deposition

19. mung says:

The Leatherhead cult really needs some deprogramming. Well that or some Kool-aid. Maybe some black clothes and white tennis shoes.

Xena says:
    January 23, 2013 at 10:11 pm

@whonoze.

OK, is there a difference between a Self-Defense Immunity Hearing and a SYG hearing? What’s the deal with this Immunity Hearing MO’M is talking about? How could GZ get immune?

O’Mara admitted that SYG does not apply to GZ. The reason is because with SYG, if the defendant initiated the situation, and is losing the fight, he/she must remove themselves — walk away — stop. He/she may also tell the other person that they want to quit fighting. He/she cannot pull a weapon and use to win the fight. Thus, O’Mara conveyed that GZ initiated the situation.

What O’Mara said when announcing that he would proceed on a traditional claim of self-defense, is that GZ did not have opportunity to remove himself because Trayvon had him pinned to the ground.

Well, that isn’t true because in order for GZ’s gun to be exposed, it means that his body was free from the hips up. GZ’s arms and hands were also free.

There are some articles written by lawyers saying that traditional self-defense is more difficult to prove than SYG. Their opinions are pretty much in agreement with each other that although the reasonable person standard applies, traditional self-defense against an unarmed person generally requires life-threatening injuries.

• tara says:

Xena’s right, O’Mara is going to prove standard self-defense because GZ was unable to retreat. Too bad she followed it up with her unfounded prejudiced opinion that GZ was able to free himself. Apparently she’s never waitched wrestling or MMA matches, and apparently she’s never been punched in the face.

Some time ago I fell on a sidewalk. Even though I didn’t hit my head on the pavement I was practically knocked unconscious by the fall, I was down for a good 30 seconds before I was able to accept someone’s assistance to stand up, for several minutes I was shaken. The Team Skittles supporters never take into account that a person who has been knocked down let alone held down and beaten (in the head and face!) is probably not functioning at a full mental capacity. I’m actually impressed that GZ had the wherewithall to draw his weapon. It’s clear from the factual evidence that he did so quite late in the fight, evidence that it was a last resort.

• mung says:

First she is saying that he isn’t claiming SYG because George was the aggressor, first there is no proof of that, second even if he was he showed clearly that he did not want to continue in any altercation. Then she goes into the fact that there was no way for George to retreat, but says he could have retreated because Trayvon only had part of his body contained.

As usual they take the evidence and twist it to show that no matter what they are right. The second and most disturbing part is this continued diatribe of George wasn’t beaten enough or didn’t try hard enough to get away, or could have fought back instead of shooting, or could have been flatulent enough to cause Trayvon to pass out and stop beating him.

I think it is this arm chair quarterbacking from these people that really gets me. Not a single one of them would do anything any different than George at the time the shot was fired. Saying that he shouldn’t have been in that situation doesn’t work either. The simple fact was he was in that situation and he did what anyone else would have done.

• raiikun says:

That’s the thing that goes over their heads. George could use the SYG statute if he wanted: His situation is covered under it. What O’Mara is saying is that George simply has no need of SYG.

And really that’s a smart move. With the unwarranted controversy over SYG, it was likely the best thing to do for his client, to distance George from it.

• tara says:

Arm chair quarterbacking, that’s exactly the phrase I was thinking. They all know exactly how George should or could have acted. :)

I’ve never been hit and I don’t want to ever find out what it’s like. Falling was bad enough, the rapid descent and my head hitting my gloved hand (which prevented my head from directly impacting the pavement) was sufficient to nearly knock me out. I can only imagine how my brain moved around inside of my skull. I’m quite sure if someone punched me in the face I would be knocked out cold. I’m happy for George that he managed to maintain consciousness and after yelling for help for such a long time was able to pull out his weapon and take action before he was severely injured or killed.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

I have had two different occasions when something like that happened to me. Once, in a bar, I said something insulting to a person who had (what looked to be) a 3 yr old in the bar, just before closing time. I made a derogatory comment to him and turned away. The next thing I knew I was on the floor! This dude sucker punched me (I never saw it coming) and my legs just collapsed from under me. It didn’t even hurt, and I didn’t have a mark on me the next day! I when I stood up, 3 of his buddies were there and the bartender told ME to leave. (It turned out that the kid was HER son, and it was her BF or hubby that cold-cocked me).
            The second time happened when I was robbed outside a restaurant after a late night meal. My car had a loose battery cable and would not start. I got out, wiggled the cable (like I had done several times before), closed the hood and was walking back to the door when two sons of Obama fast walked up to me. The next thing I know, one of them had a pistol pointed at my stomach and his face about 12″ from mine. When I told him “hey, take what you want” he pressed the gun into my stomach and the look in his eyes made me really believe he was going to pull the trigger.

So I put my hands over his, turned the gun onto him and tried to pull the trigger. The gun did NOT fire, and we wound up wrestling on the ground for it. At one point I actually got the gun away from him. I knew that (since there were TWO of them and only ONE of me) they would probably get the gun back, and probably shoot me (since his finger was under mine, on the trigger, when I tried to fire into him, he KNEW what I had tried to do).

The next thing I knew, his partner bent over and smacked my head onto the asphalt, and I went out like a light. I woke up with the two of them standing over me, and the gunman had his pistol pointed at me AGAIN. Just when I am thinking ‘this is it’, he asks his partner, “Did you get it, did you get it?” His partner answered ‘Yes’ and they ran off. (I later discovered it was my wallet they were talking about).

In this case I had been knocked out long enough to be totally unconscious while he stood up, but I had NO LACERATIONS, and only a small bump on my HEAD the next day.

THAT is why I have a total agreement with George’s worry that he might have been knocked unconscious on 2/26. MY head had only been about 4″ off the ground when it got slammed down on the asphalt, knocking me out, with only ONE blow.

THAT is ALSO why I give no consideration to the idea that George’s wounds indicate he was not under any serious threat. I had LESS injury than him, but I had been knocked completely out! I also would have walked away with NO visible injury afterwards, had I let it all end there. The story that follows is not germane to the topic, and only a testimony the the extreme stupidity of all the parties involved, so I will let THAT go for another day…

• Lou says:

the Young Turkey claimed he had greater injuries and he didn’t have to pull the trigger. he made the whole story up is my first thought because he lies so much and will do anything to defend the assaulter because he is only 17 and unarmed.

Dude! Scary stuff….

• tara says:

Oh my god your post scared the h*ll out of me! You’re lucky you’re alive! Your experience is proof that expectations are not necessarily reality.

And now I’m thinking of Natasha Richardson. And a guy here in Chicago who died after being (allegedly) punched in the face by ex-Mayor Daley’s nephew.

• lovemygirl says:

…”he could have retreated because Trayvon only had part of his body contained.”

I guess George used to be in a Circus act where he was sawn in half and he could have retreated with his arms and torso getting away.

• lovemygirl says:

I had a fall like that once on an icy sidewalk. I remember thinking to myself that I had to get up since it was dark and I was on the side of the house. I was too dazed to yell and after 30 seconds or so managed to sit up and then get up. The blows George received most certainly would have made him unable to think or respond clearly for awhile.

• John Galt says:

I really hate to correct moronic ramblings from Traybot sites because I would need to hire staff to do the job properly.

Nonetheless, I note that the pertinent statutes do not provide for either “an immunity hearing” or “a stand your ground hearing.”

The pertinent statutes may be found in Chapter 776:

776.032 provides, in pertinent part:

“(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force,”

Note two things: (1) The statute merely says “is immune” and does not mention a hearing to determine immunity and (2) The statute enumerates grounds for immunity as 776.012 and 776.013 and 776.031 but omits 776.041 (Use of force by aggressor). What this means is that Z can be acquitted at trial pursuant to 776.041, but can not obtain immunity pursuant to 776.041.

So why will the court conduct a pre-trial evidentiary hearing which is not expressly provided for by statute? Because the Supreme Court of Florida said that is the way that immunity should be determined pursuant to 776.032 in Dennis v State (2010).

• nomatter_nevermind says:

Zimmerman said that the gun was exposed when Martin put his hands on Zimmerman’s nose and mouth with his weight behind them. Then Martin took one hand off Zimmerman’s mouth to grab for the gun, still resting his weight on Zimmerman’s face with the other hand.

• arkansasmimi says:

Mung, that Xena/Black Butterfly chick is a racist black woman who likes to stir it up. She thinks she knows it all lol. Says she worked as a paralegal for many yrs. She makes comments to the effect that all whites are KKK members! Idiot. One messed up puppy!!!

20. tara says:

Irrelevant to the case but I find it interesting nonetheless … looks like Selma Mora Lamilla was married to a man from 2010 to (officially) 2012 and she was given their Retreats condo in Apr 2010 as part of the divorce settlement but went through a foreclosure in Sep 2011. It appears to be the same unit she and Cutcher were living in when Trayvon was killed, so I wonder how she was still living there.

Search on “lamilla” and “mora,s” (no spaces)

• tara says:

Looks like Cutcher too was married, and she married again at the end of 2012. I was under the impression that Cutcher and Mora were a couple, I guess they were just roommates.

• ejarra says:

I remembered a picture of the two of them in an embrace of sorts and went looking for it since I knew it was recent. Odd thing is that it was in one of YOUR comments on the 22nd.

Just scroll down. I believe they were MORE than “just roommates”.

• eastern2western says:

chicks are usually little more intimate than men. If they were more than roommates, they would probably be posting pics of them making out.

• tara says:

It’s really stupid, but there are plenty of straight girls who act sexual with each other because they think it turns men on. Looking at that photo again I realized that it’s probably why I thought Cutcher and Lamilla were a couple, but now I think they were just doing the usual stupid fake-lesbian pose for the benefit of the men in the vicinity.

• jello333 says:

Yeah, me too. I had just assumed they were a couple. Who knows… maybe they were/are. Wouldn’t be the first time someone switched from one side of the tracks to the other. I actually have a friend who did that after many years of being married (to a woman). The funny part, though, was that his wife then went, “Huh, you to? Lemme tell you a secret…” ;) It was movie-quality stuff.

• libby says:

sounds like they hang out with guys long enough to take their property

• libby says:

Florida has extra lax laws with regard to foreclosure (you can live in your home here WITHOUT paying your mortgage for longer than most any other state in the union). we have great banruptcy laws, too, that attract lots of deadbeats.

21. From this article:

Crump said they are calling for participants around the world at 7:17 p.m. on Feb. 26 to put on a hoodie and light a candle in memory of Trayvon to bring attention to a killing he says would not have happened had Zimmerman not been stalking Trayvon.

In his speech during the banquet, Crump recalled a telephone call he received from Trayvon’s father after he learned of his son’s death.

Crump said Martin, who had a hopeless tone in his voice and a sense of despair told him “they” killed his son. “People who are supposed to administer justice are looking the other way,” Crump recalled Martin saying to him.

“I remember telling Mr. Martin. We believe in the system. I said you don’t need me for this. I’m sure they are going to arrest someone,” Crump related, admitting he would later have to eat those words for it would take media attention and the marching of thousands for the wheels of justice to start turning.

“I was ashamed of our justice system,” Crump said, adding that’s why he decided to help the family even if it meant losing money and the possibility of nothing coming out of their actions.

“A year later you couldn’t have told me the Trayvon Martin phenomenon would happen,” Crump noted.

Crump said his clients, Tracy Martin and Sylvia Fulton, are emotionally and physically drained but he added they realized they have to “stand up for Trayvon, stand up for justice.”

“We’re watching to see if all men are created equal – if there is equal justice in America,” Crump concluded

——————————————————————————————————-
    Gotta love the last line. If George is not found guilty, well then it COULDN’T be because of the facts, it MUST be because all of America is racist.

22. brutalhonesty says:

at least the author writes it correctly, even he or she noticed the racist connotation of “they”…

[quote]Crump said Martin, who had a hopeless tone in his voice and a sense of despair told him “they” killed his son[/quote]

23. Lou says:

he’s so scrawny that Zimmerman could easily push him off. LOLOLOL

• John Galt says:

Love the comments:

bulbinking 1 month ago
      Holy shit, Trayvon is huge!

DUKE DEVEREAUX 3 weeks ago
      This video is a fake. Why is everything is dark in a place with all that light? 00:13 Why is the Cashier and the so-call Trayvon is so dark in all that light? 00:20 Notice how well you can see the Cashier. 00:33 As the so-call Trayvon turn toward the camera, why can’t you see his face that well? With the right equipment, I can do the same thing.This is NOT Trayvon Martin!

I guess Traybots prefer the little version of Trayvon in the red Hollister shirt.

• lovemygirl says:

Wow, they are amazing with their stupidity. Who faked it, the State?

• brutalhonesty says:

everything about travyon is fake except the stuff the pr firm made up, that stuff is true. I seriously can not believe their racism and hate runs this deep. I really thought I was being an ass when I always said how stupid people are, but I was right. (it used to make me mad to no end when customers would look at me in shock at their bill when prices are clearly posted….or when a customer would sit there with say a quiznos coupon with a giant q on it……while in penn station….looking at our menu….too stupid to notice we didnt have a giant q…..and then order something thats not on our menu…….or back when I worked at jiffy lube and people got mad about tax “the sign says 19.99″ “yeah and tax” “i dont pay taxes im on welfare/social security”….”uh its called sales tax, and you do to pay it, everywhere, for everything…and the only product that is the price posted is gas. because tax is included….now…do you have a sales tax exemption form or not?”

• libby says:

I remind myself all the time, “I dont owe you nothing” when they show up with the you owe me something look and attitude

• tara says:

Are you joking? People on welfare thought they didn’t have to pay sales tax???? Oh my god, it’s worse than I thought. The entitlement and lack of self-responsibility. Amazing.

• jello333 says:

Gotta agree with the one commenter… that ain’t Trayvon. if it’s Trayvon, where’s his Big Wheel? Huh? Someone wanna explain that?

• nameofthepen says:

John, I wasn’t ever going to mention this, but that comment from DUKE DEVEREAUX was just provocative enough to make me finally voice something I’ve always wondered about.

Isn’t that famous pic of Trayvon in the white hoodie photo shopped to make his skin appear that light?

And, if so, what kind of subliminal message (if any) might have been intended by doing that?

• ftsk420 says:

Correct that pic of Trayvon in the white hoodie is a known photoshop. I heard it was done to make him less menacing looking.

• nameofthepen says:

ftsk – Ha hahahaaa…believe it or not, I originally started to offer my own guess as to the answer, and had actually used the word “menacing” in it. But then I erased, and restructured everything before posting. :D

• ftsk420 says:

That pic of him is one of the things that pissed me off from the start. I thought why would you photoshop a pic of him then I found my way here and the rest is history.

• nameofthepen says:

Good story! I haven’t “followed” a criminal case since OJ’s, and I’ll be darned if I can remember how I ended up here. I’m glad I did. The experience has been fabulous, the learning profound.

Yeah, to lighten Trayvon’s skin tone is, to me, avery odd thing to do. If I were a black person, I wonder how I would react to that message?

I also wonder if it was Ryan Julison, the spin-doctor, who made the decision to do it.

• eastern2western says:

he was wearing his watch in the video, then his watch was found in his pockets which could be use as another circumstantial evidence to prove that he was preparing for a fight.

• eastern2western says:

very odd for cutcher to call him a kid. Just look at the shoulder on that kid. despite it being baggy, his frame actually fits the sweater really well and looks much wider and taller than the clerk. If the kid never had any fight training, he was probably doing weight lifting or some thing really phyiscal because the picture he took with his family shows the thickness of his neck and the width of his shoulder. To me, it is odd that the family does not have a pic of trayvon without his shirt on to show his actual size and muscles. Patricia martin said trayvon was in wrestling, but they do not have any pic of him in wrestling uniform because parents usually love buying the sports pics as memories. even the football pic of trayvon is actually a studio picture. I feel kind of weird because it is really rare for people not to take multiple pic of their kids because digital camera changed everything. every thing that is available in public seem to be all studio pics of at least 10-20 years old.

24. eastern2western says:

If I remember correctly, a retail counter is about 3 feet tall and a beverage fridge is probably 7 feet. the scrawny child in the video is at least 6’6” with his 2 inch shoes. If I were 5’8”, I would probably avoid trying getting into a physical struggle with him at the dark of the night even if I were some kind of kkk racist. If I had a gun, I would shoot him from a distance other than getting into a fight with him and then kill him to claim self defense because I might lose the fight.

• libby says:

What if you found out he also had significant connections in the Black Grievenace Industry (BGI) which meant he not only got to start the fight, but he got to sue you for big bucks if you even dared to fight back.
      Trayvon starts the fight with the neighborhood watch guy in the hopes that he does fight back and then they get chump to sue the HOA for damages and viola. trayvon only had a few more months to do a trick like this. he migth face real consequences for his actions if he were an adult into the kind of violence trayvon had gotten into in the last months of his life.

25. eastern2western says:

the arizona was sold to him in a paper bag, then it was found in his sweater pocket. It looks like the simply story of walking home with his arizona and skittle story is not that simple at all.

26. jordan2222 says:

Jello has been a faithful, consistent contributor to the Tree House since his first post. He obviously has the time to visit here often. He relates well to all posters and uses good common sense. I am, therefore, recommending him as a moderator of our site.

• ftsk420 says:

I second that

• Sha says:

+3 I don’t know exactly how all that stuff works …..

• jordan2222 says:

Someone needs to filter out the trolls and also make sure even our regular posters do not make comments unbecoming of a Treeper, sort of like a class monitor. This site would not remain clean without the hard, tireless, unnoticed work of the administrators or moderators.

• Sha says:

jordan 22222 :Thanks for explaining that to me …. this is my first sight so I am still learning. :)

• jordan2222 says:

Most people do not know what goes on behind the scenes. Being a mod is a thankless job. We have a great site due to their diligence.

You might be shocked to see the attempts to post vitriol here. I admit that even I get pissed when they let one get through to distract from our conversation but you have seen enough to know that they exist.

So here’s a bunch of thanks to the hard working mods who make this site possible.

• jordan2222 says:

His very first post was a thread. When have you seen anyone get into a fight with him? He commands universal respect plus he is my friend and supported me when I got booted off when I said something that others misunderstood. He has wisdom; otherwise I might not even be here.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

Not that my vote counts for anything, but Hey! There’s ALWAYS room for Jello!

27. brutalhonesty says:

treasure trove

“When you have the president commenting on the matter and you have celebrities and politicians wearing their hoodies as a symbol of the cause that you’re representing, and it has taken over the world’s attention, this is overwhelming in a sense,” said Crump, who was in Washington for several days of meeting with members of Congress and appearing on national news shows. “We’ve been pushing relentlessly day and night.”

• brutalhonesty says:

have we looked into corrine brown?

“Crump’s strategy for making the case international news began with a series of heart-wrenching news conferences in which Martin’s parents spoke about their loss. Florida media outlets began to notice. Then, he enlisted U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown to help convince authorities to release 911 tapes, recordings that brought the case to the attention of national media. He’s further ratcheted pressure on authorities by organizing a series of rallies and working with national civil rights figures such as Al Sharpton.”

• brutalhonesty says:

and heres a bar friend, so we dont have to worry about them sanctioning him and natalie smh

“”Daryl and Ben look at things in a broader perspective,” said James Messer, a Tallahassee attorney who serves on the board of the Tallahassee Bar Association with Crump. “

• libby says:

As soon as Sharpton showed up on the scene, you had credible evidence of the black grievenace industry getting on the scene early to tamper with with the witnesses and the evidence from the start

• John Galt says:

Yes, Sharpton always trips my BS warning system.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

Sharpton IS the BS warning system. At birth his parents had an unusually loud mouth installed to warn as many people as possible that a torrent of BS was about to be blasted out. They also had a surgery performed on his Pineal gland that made him able to “sniff out” certain types of situations that provoked something similar to a gag reflex, causing his unusually loud mouth to rant incessantly.

The problem was, they forgot to issue the public service announcement that normally accompanies the implementation of such devices. As a result, people have had to learn how to recognize the meaning of this warning signal when it is heard. Unfortunately, many have yet to realize what was happening until it was too late!

28. brutalhonesty says:

ive been looking for this for a while……see what huffpo did here…they cropped the photo…so the traytrolls can say its fake……read the comments I was heavy on this one correcting their lies…”its pant”….”its not him or theyd show his face”(on a pic of the injuries to the back of his head????)

Definately lawsuit material. no excuse not to show the whole picture to present a chance to minimize the injury….after all how long have we heard it wasnt that bad…..yet huffpo said its bad enough to censor????? not bloody likely,.

• brutalhonesty says:

paint not pant

• eastern2western says:

it is a completely bs that the media tend to scrutinize every pro-zimmerman evidence (cgi photos) or they just ignore it out right (john’s testimony). NBC spent like a whole show just trying to prove zimmerman said coons in the 911 call, but never spent one second trying to explore the florida self defense laws. However, they claim innocent when there is a law suit.

• hooson1st says:

e2w

You have made a very good point. The short term nature of the 24 hour news cycle, in addition to the competition for viewership on a high-interest breaking story, lends itself to the media taking the easy way out for ratings (and scoops, and exclusives) as opposed to a balanced reportage.

• libby says:

sounds like the blame game.
          the reporters have no integrity, so they need not have any integrity.
          the people arent realy listening, so we HAVE to lie to them?

• libby says:

they are competing for viewership, so they have to sell out their journalistic integrity to get more viewers?
            not sure i buy that excuse

• libby says:

And, that is not to say that you are excusing their behavior, but that is the excuse they offer and I dont buy it

• hooson1st says:

I don’t know if that is the excuse they offer. That is simply my view on how this stuff goes on.

The reporter is somewhat akin to a police officer who arrives at the scene of the call. The officer will file a report which contains the bare essentials of the incident/complaint etc. “Who, what, where, when, why”. But the investigation is done by the investigating officer takes the initial report as part of the investigation.

In like manner the reporter reports what is going on. If Crump holds a news conference, the reporter reports what Crumps says. If the reporter has time and the knowledge, the reporter might be able have time to do a follow-up question and/or get a reaction from a different quarter.

The reporter is usually on a deadline. The reporter is usually working several stories at the same time. The primary responsibility is in the hands of the editor. The editor makes a call on follow-ups, the allocation of time and resources to tracking the story.

There is a ton of sloppy reporting on this GZ/TM story. And a lot of that is due to the fact that the Julison/Crump narrative got out ahead of everyone else.

Crump is using the media. For all his seeming elocution ellipses and unintelligible utterances, Crump is using the media very skillfully, if somewhat clumsily at times.

The GZ side has been playing catch-up. Robert Jr. does a decent job when given the opportunity. Osterman was pr mess and thankfully has disappeared from view (despite his obvious sincerity).

Faced will all this MOM has taken a slow and steady approach, gradually ratcheting up the pressure. After the last court session, MOM spoke for over a half hour to the press and did excellent job.

The fact that he did not go all out full bore at the beginning and now has come on strong has given him a lot of credibility with the media as to the issues in this case.

• eastern2western says:

robert zimmerman does an amazing job because he sticks with what he knows. anything he does not know, he just keeps his mouth shut. ostermans were really trying to help, but mcgraw manipulated them and made them look like fools.

• libby says:

I dont find it at all coincidental that what is percieved as such a major case is one that gets so much SLOPPY reporting.
                    I know someone who used to work for NBC (she was awarded a written warning of termination for excluding the word “allegedly”).
                    Ironically, in this case, they rarely ever use that word with regard to GZ and I dont think that to be sloppy, I consider it deliberate

• hooson1st says:

Libby:

Since GZ admits that he shot TM, I think that it is why they don’t use the adjective “allegedly”.

• ejarra says:

Don’t matter. Georgie is still an “alleged” murderer, whether he shot Mr. Martin or not. ALL of the MSM that don’t use “alleged” should be sued and let the courts decide if they can get away with it; including reporters and broadcasters (Like Shepard Smith, who constantly said “the murderer, George Zimmerman”).

This unobjective libelist and sladerist reporting needs to stop. Money and jailtime just might slow it down.

• Chip Bennett says:

There is a difference between “allegedly shot” and “allegedly murdered“. The former is an uncontested fact, and thus not “alleged”. The latter is an as-yet-unproven accusation, and therefore “alleged.”

29. brutalhonesty says:

a day at parks and crump….guess who crump is, and guess who natalie is

30. brutalhonesty says:

Lessons from childhood that pertain to this situation:

31. In the 7-11 video, Has anyone questioned why TM pays and heads for door then turns and goes back toward the coolers again and bends down like picking something up. Why not go on out the door after paying? It’s almost like he appears to be thinking of stealing or something. It just looks suspicious.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

It’s been suggested that he was picking up the loose dime that the ME found on him, after the rest of his currency was collected at the scene.

• tara says:

It looked highly suspicious to me, and it looked like the 7-11 worker thought it was suspicious too. Trademark walks back and picks up something off of the floor, and then proceeds even farther to the cooler area, but then turns around. Was he maybe thinking of walking to the back of the store to use a restroom or something and then realized that the 3 goons would be arriving soon and he didn’t want them to think he wasn’t there?

32. eastern2western says:

I do not understand these trayvonites celebrating over zimmerman using traditional self defense instead of syg. If zimmerman used syg, then it means he actually had a chance to escape, but he chose to stand and defend himself. In comparison, traditional self defense actually makes martin look much worst because he gave zimmeramn absolutely no chance to escape and show no mercy at all. It is so sad to see sabrina being used as a pawn to abolish syg because she does not understand the differences.

• They seem to believe that by not persuing SYG, George is admitting that it wasn’t self defense. Thats not rhetorical that is what they actually believe.

• eastern2western says:

it is very hard for me to read stupid trayvonites arguing over the same old crap and they are accusing us of being dumb. especially when they seem lack of undestanding of the basic concept of self defense.

33. dmoseylou says:

The man possibly saved the boy’s life, and HE may end up in jail. SMH
    “The child was also shot in the foot, though apparently the police report does not mention this.”

Man Could Faces Charges for Shooting Dogs Mauling Boy, 11

34. Lou says:

I don’t know if any of you have heard of the unarmed teenager that killed Delfino Mora. I wish Robert would tweet the story.

35. brutalhonesty says:

obamasons at it again attacking innocent whites that teamtrayvon wants to take rights from

36. JB from SoCal says:

[How embarrassing. Hope Sister Mary Evelyn doesn’t find out about this]

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa . . .
    from the Latin: (Through) my fault, my fault, my most grievous fault . . .

37. JB from SoCal says:

I like this headline better over at The Last Tradition:

NAACP a Bunch of Deadbeats

(same copy, but easier to read) http://thelasttradition.blogspot.com/2013/01/naacp-bunch-of-deadbeats-owes-four.html

38. Lou says:

send all Trayvon defenders to this welfare office so they can get a taste of REALITY!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bnpAM-vgrU&list=UUDW4aIVlwk5VRTuurWquk5Q