Monday Open Thread – January 21st

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Monday Open Thread – January 21st

1. 22tula says:

“Gun Control, the Dick Act of 1902, Bills of Attainder & Ex Post Facto Laws”
    By Publius Huldah – January 19, 2013

See Comments Section.
    “John W. Whitehead of The Rutherford Institute is a brilliant constitutional litigation attorney. On the federal government’s SWAT teams, see:” Publius Huldah
    Link 1

Link 2

2. 22tula says:

“The Authenticity of Fake”
    By Daniel Greenfield – January 20, 2013

Obama’s Family Tree?

3. Sharon says:

It’s Monday already? 8O

4. Sharon says:

Yet another instance of the Obama administration deliberately misapplying friendly-sounding free-market phraseology for their wily re-branding efforts. Is it really intellectually honest to call something a “marketplace” when people are going to flock to it because of fiat?

5. Sharon says:

I believe this is a rather satisfyingly schadenfreudian bit of news:

Muslim Rap Artist Lupe Fiasco Removed From Inaugural Celebration After Anti-Obama Comments

Apparently criticizing the one true president mompants isn’t allowed anymore in American society… Rap Artist Lupe Fiasco was set to perform at an inaugural celebration, but was shoved off stage after he uttered disfavor with president Obama according to people at the concert:

So Lupe played one anti-war song for 30 min and said he didn’t vote for Obama and eventually was told to move on to the next song. — Josh Rogin (@joshrogin) January 21, 2013

Lupe refused to move to the next song so a team of security guards came on stage and told him to go. — Josh Rogin (@joshrogin) January 21, 2013

6. WeeWeed says:

“Debunking The Sandy Hook Debunkers” Morning, all!

• stellap says:

Morning, Weed!

• mung says:

The two main points by the author are that no one has debunked the AR15 being in the trunk and the second shooter. Well I guess he didn’t try real hard did he? The video clearly shows that it was a shotgun in the trunk and we have already come to that conclusion on this site.
      The “second shooter” was a parent trying to get to their child, the police picked him up and checked out his story, then let him go.

• stellap says:

Good, but depressing, stuff.

FTA:

In Russia, the communists used to demonize their opponents long before the Revolution, which made it easier for them to physically eliminate the opposition later. As soon as they were in full control of the government, they began to demonize entire segments of the society, subcultures, and classes of people whom they deemed incapable of change.

7. stellap says:

Pro golfer Phil Mickelson may leave US in response to state, federal income tax hikes

“But if you add up, if you add up all the federal and you look at the disability and the unemployment and the Social Security and the state, my tax rate’s 62, 63 percent. So I’ve got to make some decisions on what I’m going to do,” said Mickelson.

8. WeeWeed says:

Heh…… from Diogenes’ Middle Finger….

photo immaculation_zps94a84577.jpg

9. Lou says:

speaking of evil, why is the NAACP at the President’s Inauguration??????

10. Josh says:

Sent to me via email:

Jason Leatherman posted in 2A Supporters
    Jason Leatherman 11:39pm Jan 17
    Six years I was the victim of a violent crime that changed my life forever. I was shot by an AR-15 in the back after I stepped into a domestic violence situation. I lost the use of my left arm, and spent many weeks in the hospital as a result of this injury. Also as a result of this I underwent multiple surgeries to try and recoup the use of my arm through nerve grafts. Though I wen through this ordeal, and suffered a great deal with it I never once blamed a firearm or the manufacturer of the firearm that shot shot me. I took a bullet in the back in an attempt to save someones life, which I accomplished through my own sacrifice. I am not a hero instead I stand as a voice of reason against the proponents of gun control. Guns are not the problem, they are incapable of feelings, of remorse or of hatred as they are depicted by the liberal media.

People and idiocracy are the problem in our society today. Guns do not fire themselves, do not load themselves, and are in fact tools. We use them for hunting, entertainment and recreation. They bring families together around the campfire after a long day of hunting deer, and have been one of the founding elements of our country. We earned our independence through the use of these tools against a tyrannical country known as England. As I said earlier I do not blame the firearm that shot me, and the person that did shoot me is deceased by his own hand and the same weapon he shot me with. If I can go through something like this as an individual, we can make it through the incidents we have lived through as a country over the past years.

I am in no way being insensitive to those who lost loved ones at the hand of these animals who perpetrated the heinous crimes in CT, CO, OR, and WI. Instead I offer a solution to prevent crimes such as these. I propose that we increase our concealed carry classes for people, and promote more classes on mental illness for parents to take to help parents of people that commit crimes such as these. We need to become protectors of our own, and to be proactive rather than reactive in these types of tragedies. Concealed carry licensees could have averted these incidents and saved lives. I am a sheepdog, not a sheep and I am more than willing to draw my weapon in defense of my fellow man or his children.

11. Josh says:

Regarding the Dobbs ladies incident of Friday, July 13, 2012 (yes, Friday the 13th):
    January 2013
    POLICE MISCONDUCT: TX ROADSIDE BODY CAVITY SEARCH RESULTS IN CIVIL LIBERTY ISSUE

12. WeeWeed says:

Nothing slows this old lech down, does it???

photo oldlech_zps3107fb1c.jpg

13. Josh says:

Question for any one who cares to respond:
    What search engine do you use?
    I ask this because I am boycotting Google.

14. 22tula says:

“Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.” – Abraham Lincoln
    July 10, 1858 Speech in Chicago.

Is the President of the United States a job? Is it a government job?

“Help Wanted: President of the United States”
    by Geri Zabela Eddins

Almost any adult American citizen is qualified to become president? Really?

15. cajunkelly says:

I heard someone talking on the radio earlier today about the huge increase in disability claims. This person said that many are claiming “depression” or “emotional distress” brought on by not being able to find a job as their qualifier for disability.

My immediate thought was…how perfect! Under teh won’s new mandates re gun control, not one of these people will be able to own a gun.

16. scubachick75 says:

They can never fight one on one!!