01-15 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

Use this thread as an open thread just for Zimmerman Case stuff. A place to just dump, collect, or discuss general information about the Trayvon Martin VS George Zimmerman Case.

“The sensationalized, fact-deficient coverage of this case has achieved the
desired results. The networks got their ratings. The politicians got their
talking points. And if it means innocent people get caught in the middle of the
racial enmity they’ve fomented, obviously it’s considered acceptable collateral
damage.
Congratulations, geniuses. Job well done.”  Jim Treacher, The DC Trawler

REMINDER – Please WATCH THE TONE and CONTENT of Commentary. Please be respectful, courteous and considerate of other readers and contributors. Please avoid hatespeak, angry rhetoric, vulgarity, personal attacks and condescension. If you wish to engage in vitriolic, racist, or bitter angry rhetoric, there are alternative sites on the internet more than welcoming to such considerations. But not here. Thank You.

About these ads
This entry was posted in George Zimmerman Open Thread, Trayvon Martin, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

289 Responses to 01-15 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

1. rumpole2 says:

Daily Daft Posts From Justarse Quest

Analysis from the resident Top Legal Cretin “Teeto”

Her grasp of the law suggests that her “legal experience” is limited to what she overheard while doing cleaning at a law office somewhere.?

Random Topics

• lovemygirl says:

What is so funny to me is they are so far out to sea and the tide has not even begun to roll out nor have the toothy critters woken up to feed. When George is turned loose they will flail about and either drown or become sustenance.

• jello333 says:

Become sustenance for the toothy critters.

That’s pretty cool/weird. You just might see me using that line sometime… ;)

• jello333 says:

For some reason, I always assumed Teeto was a “he”. Oh well, regardless… as I’ve said before, I’m pretty embarrassed that I spent any time over there trying to get through to those people. They are (at least the vast majority of them) either very, very stupid, or very, very delusional… or some combination of the two. (Oh, and of course very, very MEAN on top of that.)

• rumpole2 says:

Like all mobs… most are “simple” and so susceptible to manipulation.
        But there are alpha cretins driven by HATE. Not too bright themselves and wilfully ignorant. Actually, as I commented yesterday, there are not many left at all… less than a dozen posting it seems?

2. diwataman says:

So I learned a little something new that may help in understanding the Serino documents.

This detective mentioned this in the Jodi Arias Trial; “That’s the day this section of the report or this portion was entered into our report management system.”

Of course I’m still trying to grasp some understanding of what exactly this sort of report management system is and what the SPD uses if at all.

For a while there I was thinking that Serino was just like sitting at his department issued laptop or something to the effect and just editing the report as the day went on but the changes may have been going into something like this “report management system”.

This might help but I haven’t really looked at it yet, it was just the first thing I grabbed off the net for now and I’m still looking at what the SPD may have used at that time;

@2:35:57

• howie says:

We have come a long way from Dragnet.

• John Galt says:

We need a Scheme Team BS system. Seriously, a wiki with a list, citing to sources, of all Scheme Team lies. It has been nearly a year, and I am still learning more.

• boutis says:

Most government agencies have case management systems of some kind that are designed to replace paper, standardize their rules and regs, reduce errors, let management check up on employees, etc. This may be why Serino’s numerous versions are available. With a paper only system he would have thrown away all but the final version and could have denied having any difficulty finding 2nd degree murder. He left an electronic trail. I wonder what else the case management system shows? Who looked at it and when? Why were they looking at it, etc? It could be interesting and be a clue to who was influencing who and why.

• howie says:

I bet it was the SPD Black Caucus plus Bonaparte.

• jello333 says:

I know this isn’t the same thing, but something I’ve noticed when working on a Word document. If you open a doc that’s on your desktop, watch what happens when you save it (while it’s still open). Well, actually, your computer has to be set to “show hidden files” or some such. Anyway, when you save the doc, a duplicate, with the newly-changed parts shows up on the desktop (“ghosted” because it’s hidden). If you keep working on the original doc, every time you “save” again, another new copy shows up. If you work on it for hours, you can easily have a dozen or more copies, each a little different than the one before. And when you finally close the original, all the others disappear. Whether they are actually deleted from the system at that point, though, I don’t know.

• pet says:

Possibly your auto-recover settings in ms office?

• jello333 says:

Yeah, probably. But I was just pointing it out as a way of saying that the SPD may have something like that. I mean, something that saves and stores revisions even without the author of those revisions (or the original doc) realizing it.

• arkansasmimi says:

Yep Boutis, and could be one of the many reasons he got a Jose Baez as an attny so quick too. Not thinking I was wondering how and why there were still so many drafts avail. Paper trails work in my opinion. Keep the FAITH GEO and Shellie.

• John Galt says:

I wonder if it possible to get Serino’s phone records and correlate timing of revisions to his report / capias w/ pressure from AA officers and Scheme Team.

• jello333 says:

I’m sure Baez is already doing that. Serino’s best option (seems to me) is to admit he did some things wrong, but that he was PRESSURED, maybe even THREATENED to do those things. If so, I’m sure Baez is all over it. And it wouldn’t shock me too much to discover that he’s working to some extent with MOM/West.

3. Sha says:

To :The Zimmermans

• jello333 says:

Nice. I would say post “No Woman No Cry”, but my wife would get mad at me. She cries every time she hears that song. ;) But I’ll admit… yeah, it’s pretty emotional.

• Sha says:

jello: You guys have me checking out the older music…. love it. Your wife just has great taste ! :D

• jello333 says:

“… we would cook cornmeal porridge, of which I’ll share with you…”

Wow. Marley was a special guy

• S ha says:

Jello : Tell your wife I would be glad to post anything for her or you. Everyone was kind enough to post for me when I didn’t know how. :D

• jello333 says:

Thanks Sha, I appreciate that! And yeah, I’ll tell my wife. Oh, and just ignore my comment after the other video you posted (about the Fugees vs the Marley version). You’ve probably noticed by now I like to play the music critic sometimes. ;) I even like to throw out some little trivia here and there to see if I can catch people off-guard… oh, especially Rumpole. (I got him one time already!)

• Sha says:

I’ll take that offer of free food !!! :D

• Sha says:

This might come out two times !

• jello333 says:

Ah man… I don’t know. That’s well done, and I like some stuff by the Fugees (I think that’s who that is). But it just doesn’t have the “heart”, it just seems like they missed some of the main points of Marley’s song. Know what I mean?….

4. libby says:

Hey,
    You folks may have noticed I have a little thing about racist African Americans (I dont support their form of hate).
    How is it I come to know so much about black racism?
    Well, I dont let a little hatefulness keep me from getting to know an African American.
    Just cuz a black guy is racist doesnt prevent me from trying to be friendly towards them.
    It means I wont put up with their bullshit in a lot of situations, but I find it worthwhile to get to know people whether or not I like them.
    At times, we become good friends or even close friends. I have even become very close friends with some very racist black guys.
    I used to know this one guy in LA (we were neighbors). He had completed his doctorate in law, was trying to pass the bar exam in that state (very stressful it was for him), and had worked for the IRS for well over ten years. We never got real close, but we become friends.
    I was very sad when i found out he had died.
    he had drunk himself to DEATH, slowly.
    some can kill themselves with alcohol very quickly (acute alcohol poisoning) while this friend killed himself with alcohol very slowly (eating less and less, getting less excercise and drinking more and more). depression didnt help. losing his job hadnt helped either. but giving up mentally didnt help either.
    I can understand why blacks are racist without agreeing with those sentiments or feelings.
    I can understand why a white person might be racist while vehemently disagreeing with their point of view.
    Why cant we all get along? it seems like it is still popular AND lucrative to maintain and sustain some forms of hate, comtempt and misunderstanding.
    IS human consciousness so inept we can only think in binary? some musings…

5. manoncanal says:

I know very few people who are actually racist.White people are scared of blacks because 99% are racist. We would not dare walk thru a black neighborhood, ever. Look at the blacks new fun game where they see how many punches it takes to knock out a white person.

• libby says:

White folks are also scared of blacks cuz they can attack you and the news media acts like you were the attacker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I know many many many many racists (most of them are black and hate whites, so it is perfectly acceptable to the elites, since we all know black racism in current thought processes is the good kind of hate).
      you ack like you aint hip to the knockout game (or maybe your problem is you is hip to the game)

• John Galt says:

“White people are scared of blacks because 99% are racist. We would not dare walk thru a black neighborhood, ever.”

Doesn’t bother me. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am the meanest SOB in the valley and I come prepared.

• scubachick75 says:

As a teenager I lived in an apartment on the very first part of Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. The further you go down that road, the worse it gets. I lived there for years and never had a single problem with a black person. Well, except the one time that my mom woke up to find a large black man standing beside her bed watching her sleep. His excuse was he saw guy breaking in through our window so he came in to see if we were ok…lol. Why is it that every city that has a street named after Martin Luther King, it’s always the most dangerous street in the city?

6. Knuckledraggingwino says:

Anyone find it odd that Mom and GZ are being sued by a security firm for non payment of bills even after they have made a deal with a legal and financial powerhouse like Beasely to back them? This would be chump (or Crump) change for Beasely, so I can’t imagine it being allowed to go to court unless it served a purpose.

On another note, what persuaded Beasely to take the case?

My guess is that MoM and West found the smoking gun or guns that exonerate GZ. I think the school records were critical. However; those records went beyond documenting violent behavior by TM. (I bet the Bus driver that TM swung on has been identified and talked to as part of a civil litigation rather than the criminal case) Those records document where TM went to school and when, where he was residing at various times when he went to school and who he was residing with. The school records can also be compared to class photos and yearbooks to determine who TM went to school with! This info in combination with the stated name and date of birth of the Double Dee Dee that BDLR interviewed can positively ID her even though the judge allowed BDLR to withold her address from the defense. How much you bet this 18 year old woman never went to school with the barely 17 year old TM? Furthermore; I suspect that the local police officers who were assisting BDLR and FDLE with her interview were dispatched first to Juvenile detention where they did not find her then to adult Jail to pick her up only after Crump admitted her real age. If so, then Double Dee Dee’s criminal records which are public info will allow them to document her location if she was in jail when TM was shot. This would utterly refute her testimony which is the core of the case.

• Sha says:

Wino : I have been thinking the same thing you have about there is a reason that bill hasn’t been paid. I’m not sure if its to prove the fact that GZ and his family are in fear enough to pay someone that kind of money to protect them or it’s just a easier way to get the cost of his protection out there for civil suites of there own later to show what the family had to go threw to be safe.

• jello333 says:

Very nice (and plausible) analysis in your long paragraph. And as for the lawsuit by the security firm? I think George (through MOM) will pay up or settle at some point, but I think they wanted to get this out in the open first. If they had tried to keep it secret, no doubt it would have “leaked” at some point anyway. So by talking about it openly, MOM can say what he thinks about that company. Basically to make them look bad in public. Charging nearly a thousand dollars PER DAY, when other perfectly decent companies charge a very small fraction of that? Yeah, this makes the first company look like they’re in business for the sole purpose of sticking it to helpless people who are in tough situations. And so hopefully it will HURT future business for the vultures.

7. tara says:

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere ……

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A Miami-Dade Fire captain who was demoted after he made controversial comments about the Trayvon Martin case last year began pleading his case before an arbitrator Monday.

The post, made by then Captain Brian Beckman, said: “I and my coworkers could rewrite the book on whether our urban youths are victims of racist profiling or products of their failed, *expletive*, ignorant, pathetic welfare dependent excuses for parents.”

Beckman made the post on the same day the shooter of Martin, George Zimmerman, was charged with second-degree murder in the case.

We know we’re screwed when truthful statements are “controversial”.

8. jordan2222 says:

I do not care what you say or what position you take, there is always going to be someone who labels you a racist. I have given up and simply accept that I am a racist. Blacks continue to push us into that inescapable position. They have successfully convinced me that THEIR people are different than OUR people. The Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964. That was almost 50 years ago. Realistically, what is different now and who is better off now?

Young white kids try to become more like them. How many blacks try to become like us and adapt to our predominately white culture? They simply refuse to assimilate. Why is it that all other immigrants and nationalities try to “fit in” but blacks who have been here for almost as long as we have are still fighting for an elusive thing called “equality?”

Even all black conservatives are considered racist traitors. Find me one liberal columnist who has had good things to say about Clarence Thomas, Allen West, Tim Scott or Thomas Sewell.

From now on, I will accept who I am. I am tired of trying to be PC and appease them.

• Knuckledraggingwino says:

The problem isn’t race, it is culture. I have on occassion met Black people who speak English extremely articulately with a large vocabulary, are well dressed and well mannered, and obviously gainfully employed in a legal occupation. Whenever I ask them where they are from/grew up, it is almost invariably some country in Africa.

• jordan2222 says:

I have known many black people in my life who were professional, well educated, articulate and politically conservative but we rarely hear from or about them and when we do, there is something clearly “wrong” with them for abandoning “their” people and turning to the ways of the evil white man.

I honestly am convinced that black leaders really do want to keep a certain segment of the black community dependent upon the government and slaves to the Progs. As long as there are some impoverished whites, then it is perfectly acceptable and that helps to justify it.

9. diwataman says:

What’s this I wonder. Doesn’t look like something from O’Mara.

“NOTICE OF COMPLIANCE WITH SUBPOENA DUCES TECUM”

12 Days to file after closing today.

• LittleLaughter says:

I wonder too, diwataman. A subpoena duces tecum is a summons for a person to appear and bring papers, notes, or other tangible items to be entered into evidence for a future hearing or trial, right? But I do not understand who is being summoned. Can anyone else figure this out?

• LetJusticePrevail says:

This is a “Notice of Compliance”, not a notice of a new subpoena. This would mean that a party have “complied” with a previously filed subpoena by providing to the court whatever records were requested by an existing subpoena. This could be ANY of the subpoena duces tecum that were filed by either the defense or prosecution, but MY guess is that this is a notice that the court has received either Trayvon’s school records (from one or ALL of his schools). Were there any OTHER subpoena duces tecum made by Mark O’Mara?

• LetJusticePrevail says:

That is a very good question. Could this be a notice that the Miami-Dade schools have provided the records subpoena’d by the defense?

• John Galt says:

That would be my SWAG: somebody providing notice that records have been produced pursuant to subpoena, or that a search has been conducted and no records responsive to the subpoena exist.

• Sha says:

nettles18: You are treasure ! So they sent out copies of the school records on the 9th of January and they sent a courtesy copy to Crump.

• rumpole2 says:

Since Crump has a copy.. surely through NatJack he will leak the bits that show TM to be “….an A and B student who majored in cheerfulness.”

• MJW says:

A major in cheerfulness with a minor in petty theft.

• Sha says:

I promise you ………. if there is a silence from a bunch of loud mouths it will say everything .

• arkansasmimi says:

LMBO… Is the female dogs howling yet? SHA that made me laugh, and I needed it :)

• Sha says:

arkansasmimi : For someone who hates us they sure do spend alot of time here! They are always trying to keep something going and always got something to say about whats going on here. They stay on RZ jr’s case . I think you have a bunch of kids ( Adults that haven’t grown up mentally ) who need to grow up and stop spreading the hate. All they spew is crap out of there mouths. Oh ! BYE THE WAY ! (( WAVING )) cause I know one of you are reading right now !!! :D

• arkansasmimi says:

((((WAVING TOO)))) lmbo they HATE me for some reason :) but know what, I still sleep good at nite so bring it on Puppies! They gonna fall in a big pile of it sooner before later I truly have a feeling :)

• Sha says:

arkansasmimi : Don’t take it personal ! They hate everyone that isn’t in there little click . I just pray for them, but what they really need is a belt to there so called grown BEHINDS to teach them kindness and respect for other people. :)

• arkansasmimi says:

Sha, lol, I dont take it personal. I dont think they like themselves. Ever notice how they are always so neg and not even sure of the REAL FACTS? Hate to be around them when they finally find out the truth. Might be like that commercial.. wonder what other bad choices I have made… giggle giggle. They are idiots. God looks out for the Fools and little Children, what my Granny use to say.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

You can bet your bottom dollar that Ben Crump already had either Tracy or Sybrina get him a copy of those records. He has had them for a lonnnnng time now, and been silent about them. We can pretty much guess what that means. There is bad news there for the TrayHuggers.

• jello333 says:

I love that legal term “courtesy copy”. It often comes across as a nice little back-handed slap across the face. ;)

• jello333 says:

And another thing…. this shows that MOM/West only just recently got these records. Or at least the “official” ones. So that means they’ve probably been getting lots of OTHER juicy stuff over the past couple months. Why do I say that? Just because… you know how they’ve seemingly gotten a lot more confident and forceful in public recently? And how most of us just assumed that had something to do with stuff they found in the school records? Well, maybe not. Maybe it was OTHER stuff they’ve been finding, or people they’ve been talking with. And if so, then that’s pretty impressive. I mean that even WITHOUT the school records, the guys feel like they’re in the driver’s seat. Pretty cool…

• justfactsplz says:

I am so glad of their confidence in George’s innocence and in their case. They have probably hit pay dirt. There is even more morsels and tidbits than just the school records.

• rumpole2 says:

Thanks.
        TM’s School records are of course required evidence in this case, but I bet they are not happy in the Trayvon Zone.
        They do not want facts released at all… they are Questing for a guilty verdict (lynching) and not “Justice” at all.
        They will be in denial now, even before the actual records are seen (unlikely to be made pubic) or broad facts leaked.

• Lee says:

The way it appears to me is that the school finally complied with releasing the records – January 9th. I believe the Attorney for the school issued the compliance notice – to put the courts on notice that they did comply. Since the request was made in November and they still had not released the records – Zimmerman’s attorneys were probably calling to see where they were and probably threatened to file additional notices. It takes that long to copy a school file? The school must have been looking for loopholes around the supoena – I’m sure they did not want to release any information – regardless of the content. If the content was not favorable – all the more reason for them to delay and try to think of a way to filter the information. The bias media and the persecution team wonder why the delays in coming to trial – nobody wants to comply with the law as it relates to George Zimmerman’s rights. West/O’Mara should have had the records within 72 hours.

• John Galt says:

I don’t feel like doing the research, but maybe FERPA has an advance notice provision before producing records?

• MJW says:

I did a little research, and the statute is 20 USC § 1232g – Family educational and privacy rights. It provides:

(1) No funds shall be made available under any applicable program to any educational agency or institution which has a policy or practice of permitting the release of education records (or personally identifiable information contained therein other than directory information, as defined in paragraph (5) of subsection (a) of this section) of students without the written consent of their parents to any individual, agency, or organization, other than to the following–

(J)(ii) the entity or persons designated in any other subpoena issued for a law enforcement purpose, in which case the court or other issuing agency may order, for good cause shown, the educational agency or institution (and any officer, director, employee, agent, or attorney for such agency or institution) on which the subpoena is served, to not disclose to any person the existence or contents of the subpoena or any information furnished in response to the subpoena;

The requirements are summarized as:

§ 99.31 Under what conditions is prior consent not required to disclose information?

(9)(i) The disclosure is to comply with a judicial order or lawfully issued subpoena.

(ii) The educational agency or institution may disclose information under paragraph (a)(9)(i) of this section only if the agency or institution makes a reasonable effort to notify the parent or eligible student of the order or subpoena in advance of compliance, so that the parent or eligible student may seek protective action, unless the disclosure is in compliance with-

(B) Any other subpoena issued for a law enforcement purpose and the court or other issuing agency has ordered that the existence or the contents of the subpoena or the information furnished in response to the subpoena not be disclosed;

My guess is the delay was due to the school board hoping to find a way to weasel out or simply being uncooperative, since I don’t think there’s a reasonable argument needed a month and a half to have an opportunity to oppose the subpoena.

• MJW says:

…I don’t think there’s a reasonable argument Martin’s parents needed a month and a half to have an opportunity to oppose the subpoena.

(I wish there were a Preview feature.)

10. Ron Callaway says:

I should have said I know very few whites I consider racist, but just about all blacks
    are racist and scream racism towards whites constantly.
    John Galt I am prepared also brother. Never leave home w/out it.

11. Tuduri says:

I know plenty of Blacks or Afro-Americans who are not racist and are wonderful people.
    The case against George, however, is definitely being driven by a racist agenda. And Crump and change are racial hate mongers trying to make a buck at the expense of innocent people like George and his family. But let’s not paint with too wide a brush. Ninety nine percent are racists? Remember that George himself is part Black from one of his grandparents. What irony. I think that class is another important factor here. Maybe not as much as race, but still a big factor.

• howie says:

I don’t know what else it could be. I have looked high and low for any evidence the state has of criminal intent on Zimmerman. It is needed to prove a crime …believe it or not…I have looked at everything and can find absolute zero. None. Nada. Zip. They are stuck now with second degree murder. They can’t offer a lesser charge of 3rd. degree. It would exonerate Zimmerman of 2nd degree to do so. None of the evidence they have is even being disputed. None of it offers proof of criminal intent. This is ridiculous. Can anyone offer an opinion of anything the state offers that proves criminal intent by Zimmerman?

• jordan2222 says:

My educated guess is that this case has created a lot of “racists” and many folks have reverted to their old ideas. I sense a lot of intolerance of their behavior. Black leaders have made things worse now than ever.

12. brutalhonesty says:

Call in to speak with the host
    (347) 215-8848
    Please join us tonight with our very special guest the brother of George Zimmerman of the Trayvon Martin tragedy Robert Zimmerman Jr.
    We will be taking your calls, and questions LIVE starting at 11:00 pm EST.

the traybots on the arrest zimmerman fb page are planning to flood the lines with their lies and rhetoric.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

Thanks for the link! I am holding to speak with Robert now! Any questions I should ask?

• arkansasmimi says:

The pooch gang are talking on twitter they are on hold too!

• LetJusticePrevail says:

Yeah, one of them managed to troll her way onto the program before me. Same old story… ranted about Tray being an innocent with no record and George had a history blah blah blah…

• arkansasmimi says:

That makes their stupid tweets even funnier! they are complaining about TM supporters being held on hold. roflmbo Thanks for keeping us updated!

• LetJusticePrevail says:

Well, another one of them just made a fool of herself… total idiot…still waiting! Do I hear the music from Jeopardy playing? la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaa…..

• arkansasmimi says:

yepee So far so good hearing it now!

• LetJusticePrevail says:

You jinxed me! Now MY sound won’t work!

• arkansasmimi says:

Sorry, lol mine keeps going in and out.

• jello333 says:

It’s probably too late now, but if you get through, I’d say something like this: Just tell him to not get discouraged when he hears all the hatred thrown their way, because there are a LOT of people out there who are 100% behind George and the family, and we’re gonna keep pushing back against the lying, hypocritical haters as hard as we can. Also tell him you hope that they don’t stop with George’s exoneration…. they should go much, much further, and take down the conspirators so this doesn’t happen to anyone else in the future.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

Well I got your message through…

• LetJusticePrevail says:

Yes, seriously! I expressed our support for him, and our hopes that this is not dropped after George is exonerated. He did not want to speak to the particulars, for obvious reasons, but I got the impression that this will not end after immunity or acquittal.

• jello333 says:

Great! Thanks. I’m sure he and George already know, from reading this site and maybe a few other places, that they’ve got a lot of support out there. But I think it’s important to let OTHER people hear that, too…. like anyone listening to that radio program. That way, if there are any people out there who have been afraid to voice their support, hearing that they’re not alone might encourage them to finally come out of the closet. So thanks for that… good job.

• jello333 says:

Hey! I’m just now listening to the radio show from last night. Actually, for right now I’m just kinda skimming through it, since it’s so long. Anyway, I think I found the part with you. But if it is you…. WHA?! You’re a “he”! ;) You’d think after all these years talking with people online, I’d have stopped ASSUMING things. Oh well…

So anyway, what you say here:

“I expressed our support for him, and our hopes that this is not dropped after George is exonerated. He did not want to speak to the particulars, for obvious reasons, but I got the impression that this will not end after immunity or acquittal.”

I listened to his answer to that, and I think you’re underestimating what he said. I think he DID, almost explicitly, declare that they’re gonna push things beyond this case. Part of what he said:

“George is my younger brother, so there’s definitely an insight into our values that we have as a family, collectively. And one of those values, and the reason i fight and the reason that I DON’T stop is because what happened to George, can happen to anybody. Maybe this is my way of changing that lady’s tire on the the road, or maybe this is my own neighborhood watch, so to speak. What happened to George was, and i won’t mince words, in my opinion it was definitely a persecution. It was not a legitimate prosecution. And other people far more learned than I, some of them who are professors at Harvard, would tend to agree with me. Now I’m his brother, I’m biased, that’ll always be a criticism. But I know my brother, I know he told his family the truth. And I’m not gonna stand by and continue accepting the norm that in this America, in our America, your race, no matter what your race is, is a reason to automatically impeach your credibility. In this case, it was that George was ‘white’. In the next case, it may be that whoever is black, brown, whatever color. We have to get past that as a country. And it’s just not, it wouldn’t be fair of me, knowing what I know, to just stand by and do nothing. Because there will be a next George Zimmerman if I do that.”

(This thread is very long, and getting old now, so I’ll repost this as soon as the 17 Jan thread goes up.)

• jordan2222 says:

Politicians speak an easily recognized language that makes them all sound the same. They are all liars and crooks, skilled at double talk, for starters, but George has a truly honest way with words. He speaks eloquently but does so from the heart. He MAKES you believe him. I will not be surprised to see him enter the political arena at some time in the future.

• howie says:

Yes…Does he know of any evidence the state has, that would prove any criminal intent by his brother?

13. brutalhonesty says:

so why is it copies were sent to crump when hes not a party to this case? and wouldnt he, as the parents lawyer, already have them and hence no need for them to send it to him?
    and we are supposed to believe crump is not the states surrogate?

• Sha says:

Dang ! brutalhonesty look above ….. We where thinking the same thing.

• rumpole2 says:

To be fair….. :D
      It seems reasonable the TM’s parents would get a copy… and… Crump is their legal representative.

• Sha says:

Rumpole2 : From the way Crump was talking I (assumed) he was acting like he already knew what was in them when he had them sealed. I would expect TM’s parents to get a copy .They should know what is coming up about there son.

• rumpole2 says:

Agreed.
          Crump has some knowledge.. but who knows if he has seen the complete record?
          As for the parents… they SHOULD know what is their son’s school record… but do they? Clearly neither was a “hands on” parent for TM.
          The more people who have a copy.. the more likely it is that the contents will be leaked. :D

• jello333 says:

And I wonder who exactly the school considered “parents” when they sent out copies of the report. Of course Tracy and Sybrina, since they’re the “birth” parents. But what about Alicia? Seems to me she was more of a real “mother” to Trayvon for most of his life than Sybrina was.

• arkansasmimi says:

Yep Rumpole and they way that pack of dogs are, with ole Nasty Nat hanging with the pack, something WILL be leaked. Just a matter of time. IMHO of course

• justfactsplz says:

They already knew and that is why they had them sealed and pulled down his social media because that stuff did not fit the lil angel narrative of Trayvon.

• janc1955 says:

TM’s parents should’ve been aware of his school records — and done something about it — long ago.

• jordan2222 says:

If it were my child I would already know. Wouldn’t you?

• Sha says:

jordan: Not only would I have known it…..it wouldn’t still be a problem because it would have been handled long before now and there would have been an improvement showing on those records since I had a meeting with all his teachers and him. When my oldiest nephew went back home to his dad he thought he was free of me but I still called his teachers on a regular basis up until he gradutated with great grades.

• ottawa925 says:

maybe, but it should have been up to BDLR to provide to Martins. Crump is NOT part of the case and therefore, Crump/Martins should not have received it directly from the attorney for school board. And since school board said they did so on the first page, then the Martins should have been included on the Certificate of Service. But to me, it is totally improper. Can’t be running discovery through ppl that are not of record on the case.

• ottawa925 says:

sorry … Crump is on the Certificate of Service. Doesn’t matter. He is not attorney of record on the case. This whole crew drives me nuts.

• kathyca says:

he was provided with a “courtesy copy.” I have a feeling it was to give him the “courtesy” of knowing that the jig is up :) I would have closed the cover letter to the courtesy copy with “guide yourselves accordingly.” lol

14. eastern2western says:

judging from the affidavit, the three evidences against zimmerman are sabrina, dd and nen tape. if sabrina and dd are impeached, then all they have is the nen tape? No wonder chief lee would much rather lose his job than arresting zimmerman because he followed the law by the t and corey broke the law and violated zimmerman’s civil rights.

• howie says:

Sabrina and DD offer no evidence of criminal intent. Nor does the NEN tape or Zimmerman’s statements. The first element to prove a crime is criminal intent. All the evidence I have seen exonerates Zimmerman.

15. ottawa925 says:

So we have Miami-Dade County Public Schools Records.

We still await:
    Miami Carol City High School
    Norland Middle School
    Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High

16. howie says:

I really do not think all these hills of beans will count. There ain’t no evidence of criminal intent. “All the objective evidence exonerates my client”…true then…true now.

17. auscitizenmom says:

I would like to introduce myself. I have been following on CTH since the shooting. I first saw Sybrina speaking of her son’s death and , of course, I was totally in tears, until Crump started speaking and red flags flashed in my brain. I started looking for the truth. That is how I ended up here. I can’t even handle most of the blogs I checked out at first. Couldn’t stand the language or nonsensecal argueing. Not being educated in all the online jargon I am still figuring out what some things mean. I did recently realize what a “troll” is. But, I still haven’t figured out what “teh” is. I do appreciate the integrity that I see here and all the effort that goes into the posts.

And, I am praying that things work out better for George and Shelley than we could imagine. I haven’t seen anything that would make me think he is anything but innocent. I want them to know there is another on their side.

18. dizzymissl says:

Those new documents on the gz website say that TM was suspended for possession of cannabis. Last I heard, it was due to tardiness.

• janc1955 says:

Cannabis. Tardiness. Easy to confuse the 2. lol

• LouDaJew says:

he was never suspended for tardiness. you have to check out the Code of Student Conduct for M-DCPS (secondary students) to understand what a student can be suspended for.

• rumpole2 says:

What new documents?

• eastern2western says:

nothing new because serrino’s report states trayvon was in a 10 day suspension due to posession of marijuana.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

Before the suspension at the time of his death, Martin had been suspended twice that we know of.

The parents lied about the reasons for suspensions, until they had to admit that the third was for drug possession and the second for graffiti. Last I heard they still claim the first was for tardiness, but there is no confirmation of that.

One of Martin’s teachers was quoted in the press giving a false reason for one of the suspensions. I won’t say she lied, but I find it hard to believe it was an honest mistake.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

You can get up to speed on all of this by googling ‘Trayvon suspended’.

• margegunderson says:

Trayvon’s first suspension was for tardiness or absences.

The third was for possession of marijuana.They really expect us to believe that Trayvon would have graduated from high school this year? lol. Oh, and then become a pilot.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

‘The second suspension was for the graffiti and the womens jewelry found in his bag when the security guard was searching it.’

The suspension was for the graffiti. The jewelry was reported to the police, who couldn’t prove it was stolen.

• diwataman says:

There is no recent release on the GZ legal website website pertaining to the suspension.

Serino mentions it in his report but it is not clear where he got that information from, it could have come from talking to Tracy.

I also find it funny how it’s not mentioned in the interview memo’s of Sybrina on April 2 at 3:20pm and the interview Tracy at 4:35pm. (DeeDee was interviewed sometime after 6:30 that same day, same place.)

I also find it funny how there’s no audio of those interviews aside from DeeDee’s.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

There is no document that has ever been released that gives the reason for his suspension. . . . Serino mentions it in his report but it is not clear where he got that information from

Those are good points. I was assuming Serino would know, but come to think of it he couldn’t have gotten the actual school record without a court order.

it could have come from talking to Tracy.

The Miami Herald: ‘“He was not suspended for something dealing with violence or anything like that. It wasn’t a crime he committed, but he was in an unauthorized area [on school property],” Martin said, declining to offer more details.’

If Tracy thought he could get away with lying to Serino, I think he would have gone with something similarly innocuous.

19. arkansasmimi says:

Well look at this article, TrayMom and Dad are gonna be giving out a scholarship. On thing that made me say HUH in this article, quote : “Last year was probably the worst year of my life,” Fulton said. “I pray daily for the strength to go on.” If MY CHILD died, sorry I can tell you it WOULD BE THE WORST YEAR OF MY LIFE, NO PROBALY! So here is the article, and if ya have $50 Chump change, go see the TrashCanTour…

DAYTONA BEACH — This should have been the year Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton watched their son don a cap and gown, collect a high school diploma and catapult into his future.
    .nstead, they’ll be in Daytona Beach Thursday night at a Martin Luther King Jr. celebration to present a scholarship award in their deceased son’s name to a local high school senior making plans for college and a career. …………

Anyone who still wants to buy one of the $50 tickets for Thursday night’s Martin Luther King Jr. celebration banquet in Daytona Beach must call Kim Brown Crawford at (386) 451-1108 by 2 p.m. Wednesday

• howie says:

Scum du jour. Allow me to express my utter and total contempt for these bloodsucking parasites. How you could seek lower depths I do not know. Until they do.

Wonder if will be an African American or not? Just saying

• jello333 says:

I bet it won’t be. You know that’s what they’d LIKE to do, but I bet they won’t. That’s because they want to try to turn the momentum on the view that’s developing about them…. that the family, the Scheme Team, the backers, ALL of them are into this mainly for racial reasons, and care only about blacks. “Well, I see the recipient of the scholarship money was a white kid. Hmm, I guess maybe they’re not racists after all.”

• auscitizenmom says:

I don’t think there is really any chance it will be a white kid.

• arkansasmimi says:

Naw, bet it black kiddo, especially on MLK Day.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

I disagree. They will most certainly give to an AA because their support base will evaporate in a NewYork minute if they don’t. Besides, is’t it quite obvious that they don’t give a damn about *appearances*?

• jello333 says:

Ok, I surrender. You guys have convinced me. ;) You should know by now that I like to throw theories out there to see how you all respond to them. Some make it unscathed through the scientific peer review process which is the Treehouse, but others… not so much.

• maggiemoowho says:

I bet it goes to DeDe.

• jordan2222 says:

Is it possible that these people really not see how continuing this charade is eventually going to turn even their most ardent supporters against them? I guess they are going to pump the well until it is completely dry. 50 bucks!!! Holy crap.

• maggiemoowho says:

The TM foundation is hiring, no joke. Executive Director position.

What’s the pay?

• maggiemoowho says:

All the Arizona beverages and skittles you can eat and drink.

• jordan2222 says:

Well, if you said pickled pig’s feet and chitlins, then I might he interested. Unlimited hind legs of barbecued coon might be a deal breaker.

• justfactsplz says:

You might be a Redneck, Lol.

• jordan2222 says:

I actually like all three of these things. I raised coon dogs when I was a kid and we did a lot of coon hunting. We sold most of them but once in a while, my Dad would cook the hind legs from a young one. Skin properly, carefully remove the “musk glands.” Then parboil until tender in well seasoned stock. He would make a vinegar based sauce and pour it liberally over the meat after he chopped it up. Cook in the oven in a cast iron dutch oven.. serve with collards and skillet fried cornbread. It’s a little bit greasy but I loved the stuff.

Chitlins are another story for another time but I would suggest you talk to someone who knows what they are doing before attempting to cook them. A pressure cooker is suggested and make sure you get them from a reliable source who knows how to clean them.

Penrose used to have the best pickled pig’s feet but I have not seen their brand in years. Hormel is fair.

• LetJusticePrevail says:

How much do you want to bet THAT job goes to a family member or friend? Sure way to siphon off the cash they are supposedly collecting for the *cause* they champion. What is that? Oh yeah… we collect it ‘Cause We Want It!

• howie says:

This is absolute capitulation. To anything in history that ever resembled ethics. The Gay Greek starters of western civ would even flip out. Plato, Aristotle, Socrates. WTF. Toxic waste of morality.

• jello333 says:

Wow. Maybe I should apply, but using my real name. And then after they hire me, I’ll take off my hat and say, “Imagine that… me workin’ for you!”

• arkansasmimi says:

Jordan, $50, thats CHUMP change :) gotta get that scholarship $ somehow/somewhere!

• jordan2222 says:

I made a similar comment earlier but seriously, shouldn’t the State or someone spend a few dollars to teach DeeDee how to speak English before the depo?

• arkansasmimi says:

Wonder if Brandy will be home alone with the new Baby Boy? Think they will bring her back a plate of food? Doggy bag maybe? Maybe the Dog Pound will chump in OOPS I mean Chip in. Wonder if they have opened Tyler a college savings account yet? What about Takira and the other kiddos of multi parents? I was taught charity starts at home..

• jordan2222 says:

Where is Brandy living now?

• justfactsplz says:

I am not even convinced she ever really lived at RTL. From what I understood the place belonged to a friend of hers.

• jordan2222 says:

IF she were ever deposed, I would bet she could tell us a thing or two. If anyone folds in the Crump camp, she would be a good candidate to do that. She has nothing to lose. I would bet she sees that any hopes of money have vanished. I am not implying that was ever directly promised anything.

Is Tracy paying any support for that baby?

• justfactsplz says:

You know I don’t know about the baby. But when you think of Alicia and Brandy, what has kept them basically quiet? Brandy and Chad KNOW something. Their interview was not believable, especially Chad rolling his eyes. Crump had some kind of control over all of these people. Wonder what they bribed Dee Dee with.

• jordan2222 says:

Where did you see an interview with Brandy?

Bribery? Anyone who was offered a bribe in this case contingent upon a favorable outcome would have to be plain stupid and also have a host of very stupid friends and family members to not realize by now that it will not happen.

• justfactsplz says:

Brandy and Chad were interviewed early on in our local news. I will try to find the link for you. It might be here at the Treehouse also.

• arkansasmimi says:

JFP, thanks, I remember seeing that one, I ment by law enforcement. Or any other than those very few news snippets. I just personally find that odd. Considering how much Sybrina was talk to. I know Sybrina was is his Mother, but she didnt even go to Sanford. Why wouldnt they interview Brandi who WAS there and it was suppose to be HER home TM was staying. Hopefully I am just at a blank in remembering. Seems like she is one of the W#’s

• jordan2222 says:

Is that the first time you have posted a link? You did a great job. Are you studying IT?

• justfactsplz says:

Yes that was my first time. I was too embarrassed to ask how to do it. I read what Dimoseylou told Sha and got the courage to try it. I am still not sure about music or videos how to do them.

• jordan2222 says:

I have always used Macs but copy and paste should work on anything.

Thanks.

Ben Crump reminds me of a modern day Rasputin

• justfactsplz says:

That is funny. He reminds me of a dirty rotten scoundrel.

• nameofthepen says:

Jordan, I can’t tell if you ever got your link to the Brandy and Chad interview.

If not, here’s one. I don’t know if there’s others:

Also, just for a bonus, here’s one with Chad’s father:

• arkansasmimi says:

I dunno, know that she had a baby boy on New Years Day. Wonder if TrayMom ever went back to work? Is she still suppose to work for the Fraudation? Hate to be the person doing the TrayMom and TrayDad taxes this year!!!! But sure would like a lookie see at them :)

• jordan2222 says:

I think only the people here give a hoot about her. I have never heard anyone express concern for her except for Treepers. I wonder what she really knows .. and thinks.. about all that has happened.

• jello333 says:

Hmm… I had never thought about that, but I think you’re right. The people at JQ and places like that hardly ever mention either Brandy or Alicia. And while we here sometimes say something negative about those two, we also often comment about how unfairly we think they’ve been treated by the Scheme Team. So yeah… what sympathy IS shown for them, is by people like US. Strange days indeed.

• jordan2222 says:

Yes, Brandy has been ignored by Crump’s team. There are reasons for that but I have a sense she will be a surprise part of the story. I am not going to speculate but there is something there that we have not considered or completely thought through.

Think about how she really is an integral part of the story but for some very ODD reason, she has never spoken up and, as far as I know, no one has ever even tried to reach her. Keep in mind, whether she actually lived there or not, it was HER place to which Trayon was alleged to be heading when he left the store.

Doncha think the SPD would be curious enough to at least question her to try to confirm that and also the other things that Tracy told the cops?

Why was no key was found on Trayvon? I have seen no evidence to confirm that Trayvon had access to her place. How was he supposed to get in? Isn’t that strange to you?

Yup, I think that Brandy knows a lot that we do not know and I think West knows that.

• arkansasmimi says:

Its been awhile, but was Brandi ever interviewed?

• jordan2222 says:

If she was, I do not recall seeing a document for that.

• scubachick75 says:

I don’t remember ever hearing about Sybrina having a boyfriend. I’m sure it’s because it goes against the perfect little family scam they tried to portray. But I’m wondering if a boyfriend is why Sybrina had no clue who her son was or what he was up to. And could be the reason Trayvon didn’t live with her, If she did have one, imagine the stories he could tell about the little saint…lol

• howie says:

Like the Obama /Wimpy budget. Only a complete imbecile would be for it. For a welfare check to day your grandkids will pay.
        What a legacy.
        And the dopey kid’s are buying it?
        Obamanomics 101.

20. arkansasmimi says:

So cold here, ice/sleet storm goin on, just saw a person pulling up his/her pants walking swiftly down the road!!!!! Dogs was ah barking at him/her. Had a hoodie on, was dripping frozen wadder.

• justfactsplz says:

LOL, that cracks me up! It is so hot here I have been drippin a lil bit of sweat.

• arkansasmimi says:

;) Thats what an awesome friend who lives in Floriduh near Sanford said too!

• justfactsplz says:

Yes, I live not far from there. It has been in the 80′s fro a couple of weeks.

• jello333 says:

Well, we’re in Illinois, and even though it’s been cold in spells, we’ve only had 2″ of snow so far the whole season. And the forecast predicts nothing for the next 10 days. Weird stuff here.

• arkansasmimi says:

Weird here too, was in the 70s or felt like it over the weekend, then lil ole ice storm today. Saying here, If you dont like the weather, hang around its fixing to change. AND IT DOES! Same thing weekend before Christmas, then Christmas night got 12 inches of snow and lost power for about 5 days

• justfactsplz says:

My sister in Illinois had fourteen inches the week of Christmas which is unusual for there.

• jello333 says:

Central IL here. Yeah, every time there’s been more than a small flurry in the vicinity, it just skips right around us. Except one time for maybe 20 minutes or so, it came down like a blizzard, and then just disappeared.

• justfactsplz says:

Southern Illinois gets snow but not fourteen inches and not that many times a year. When I was there last Feb. it was just flurries. The heat here is getting me so I would like some of that cold about now.

21. arkansasmimi says:

Dog Pound Tweet
    Corey B. King‏@coreybking 8 min ago
    Um, what did NBC do other than just only play parts of a tape? lol

22. selfdefenseadvocate says:

Bill aims to repeal Stand Your Ground lawhttp://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/1/16/stand_your_ground_la.html

23. selfdefenseadvocate says:

Sorry about hat mess above. Will try to find the link again. Sure wish we could correct typos on here!