01-14 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

Use this thread as an open thread just for Zimmerman Case stuff. A place to just dump, collect, or discuss general information about the Trayvon Martin VS George Zimmerman Case.

REMINDER – Please WATCH THE TONE and CONTENT of Commentary. Please be respectful, courteous and considerate of other readers and contributors. Please avoid hatespeak, angry rhetoric, vulgarity, personal attacks and condescension. If you wish to engage in vitriolic, racist, or bitter angry rhetoric, there are alternative sites on the internet more than welcoming to such considerations. But not here. Thank You.

About these ads
This entry was posted in George Zimmerman Open Thread, Trayvon Martin, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

246 Responses to 01-14 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

1. rumpole2 says:

Daily Daft Posts From Justarse Quest

“IMO people have made up their mind regarding George’s innocence”

Yeah, sure… it’s called “The presumption of innocence” :D

The “Golden Thread” that runs through British (American) Justice

And they call them selves Questers for “Justice” lol

Random Topics

• rumpole2 says:

Rumpole – The Golden Thread

• jordan2222 says:

Just curious. How much time do you spend on this each day?

• diwataman says:

OMG, truly a headslammer;

“You have to prove with evidence George’s obvious caught on tape following took place…”

Uh, yeah, that’s kind of the point yo! But you also have to prove murder in the second degree beyond any reasonable doubt! Oh, the horror of it all! LOL!

• Chip Bennett says:

The hypocrisy is hysterical, considering the legion of their ilk who have made up their mind regarding George’s guilt.

The reality is: most of us approached this case from a perspective lacking in prejudice toward either Zimmerman or Martin. (Those like me personally developed initial interest in this case from the perspective of prejudice toward the media and race-baiters who drove the initial narrative.)

For us, any assessment of the guilt or innocence of Zimmerman developed from an evaluation of the actual evidence in the case: the physical/forensic evidence and eye-witness testimony. All such evidence exonerates Zimmerman. The only things that inculpate Zimmerman are speculation, theories, and accusations utterly devoid of and entirely unsupported by the actual evidence in the case.

• howie says:

The entry of Sharpton and the Race Pimps got me interested. It developed from there. By the way. Where are they? They musta got tamped down.

• libby says:

When the racist blacks in my circle of friends got all excited about this case (especially with the introduction of the professional racists sharpton and jackson) combined with the threats of vigilante violence in my state, I was gonna look closely at this case and no I wasnt gonna just take the word of the professional haters, I was gonna examine this case on the actual evidence, not what the lame stream media tells me is the evidence .

• rumpole2 says:

The lady is, I think at least being honest.
      The Traybots do NOT understand “The presumption of innocence”
      Neither do they appreciate its critical importance in the system of justice we all should treasure.
      That system is intentionally weighted to preserve the rights of an individual. The burden of proof is intentionally placed on the “State”
      As a society we long ago decided that to use the power of the State to convict and punish an INNOCENT MAN is abhorrent to us. The “pay off matrix” set up within the system is such that in effect, we put up with letting some guilty people go free, to ensure that we do not convict an innocent man.
      Having said all that…… in this case George is not only “presumed” innocent but is quite clearly innocent based on the evidence seen so far.

In order to lay charges, I think there was a “Presumption of Guilt” put forward by the race baiters, and promoted by them and their Media Guru Julison. Then taken up by the political factions within the Florida Judicial system. Of course Traybots generally bought this narrative hook, line and sinker, and they too are operating under a “presumption of guilt”
      That is why they minimise, deny and twist evidence if it does not fit the presumption of guilt. As has been discussed “Cognitive Dissonance” means they have to dismiss evidence when it is at variance with their (wrong) notions.

IMO,
        the trayvonistas understand the notion of innocent until proven guilty with respect to their own people, they just dont extend rights to all people. in their twisted hateful worldview, blacks are the only ones with actual rights.
        Traybots may think differently, though. I cannot speak for them

• jello333 says:

Here’s something to consider…

You know how many of us initially believed the story put out by the MSM? I mean, I know I’m not alone among us here, when I say that at first I thought George was guilty. I thought the whole thing was horrible, almost something out of Mississippi Burning, complete with innocent little black kid; big, scary KKK vigilante guy; and his racist buddy cops covering for him. A lot of us fell for that, or at least to some degree…. right? But look how we’ve all now come to a totally different conclusion. Most of us began to see the light within a matter of weeks, if not days, of when we first heard the story. And not just us on this site, but many people around the country. LOTS of people now see this for the LIE, for the railroad job it is and was.

So that’s one side of it: The people who initially thought George was the bad guy, but now support him.

Now what about the other side? People who initially supported George, who thought he was innocent, but now believe he’s guilty… who now believe he IS a bad guy. Hmm…

You know what? There ARE no people in that category, are there? Not that I’ve seen, anyway. Which, to me, just goes to show what the REAL TRUTH of this case is… and the fact that it’s there to see to anyone who WANTS to see it! Virtually every single person who has done a 180 with re to George’s innocence has gone from the point of Guilty —-> NOT Guilty. Nobody has gone the other direction.

• rumpole2 says:

That ties in with what I wrote above.
        They are in effect operating (“thinking”) under a “Presumption of Guilt”
        That is of course “arse-backwards” as far a JUSTICE is concerned.

• justfactsplz says:

I was lucky. I knew he was innocent from day one. The hard part was waiting for evidence to come out to back his innocence. In the early days he had few supporters and it was difficult to watch.

• janc1955 says:

For some reason, I smelled a rat immediately upon hearing the Scheme Team narrative for the first time. I can’t recall for a second believing — without further proof — that events truly unfolded per that narrative. I don’t know why my hinky meter sounded an alarm right away, but it did. What dumbfounded me was how quickly so many pulled on their hoodies and went out to march … how quickly so many would have quite literally hung George Zimmerman at high noon in the village square, without further proof, without a trial. The lynch mob mentality among so many passive observers and the MSM really stunned me.

• justfactsplz says:

It stunned George and everyone around him. It was like a bad dream.

• jello333 says:

At least I’m thankful I was never among the lynch mob. For the first couple weeks, I heard bits and pieces of the story here and there, and kinda grumbled to my wife stuff like, “This is terrible. I didn’t think this stuff happened any more.” But that was as far as I went. I never talked to friends about the case, and I never talked to anyone online about it. Not until I finally started finding out some of the TRUTH, and started searching out things online did I really get into it. And like I say… I’m VERY thankful I kept my mouth shut up till that point! If I now had to look back and realize I had said some hateful things in those first few days, even if I had later corrected myself, I would feel HORRIBLE about it. Thankfully that didn’t happen.

• justfactsplz says:

Before the evidence and truth started coming out it is understandable that some people would believe the media hype. It didn’t take long for logical people to catch on. I am so glad that George has such staunch supporters as he has here on this site and the few on other sites I was involved in before I stumbled into the forest and found the treehouse. I really believe some of the investigative work done here will help George and his defense. The accumulative effort in documenting everything is astounding. I am sure SD is proud of his Treepers for all of their work along with his and is administration.

• libby says:

They told us how bad vigilante jusrtice was as they demanded vigilante justice (ah the hypocrisy tastes better when served by our racisss AA brothers and sisters)

• maggiemoowho says:

I remember hearing about this case on Fox Orlando the day after and didn’t think to much about it, but as soon as the media mentioned Al Sharpton (I didn’t really know much about Crump or Jackson) I knew GZ had to be innocent. Race card = BS in my book.

• justfactsplz says:

It is B.S. And I know that I know that I know that George is the farthest thing from a racist there is. I had been up north and came home four days after the shooting. My husband told me George Zimmerman shot and killed someone and I was in utter shock. We knew he was innocent.

• libby says:

And jesse jackson and al charlatan are the CLOSEST thing to actual racists we still have active in this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              When they show up, it helps massivelty to show who is the victim (GEORGE ZIMMERMAN is the sole victim of racism in this case).
              This is a case about racism! This is a case of BLACK RACISM unbridled, unquestioned, supported all the way to the president and I dont like it anymore when black folks do it (I didnt like racism when white folks did it)

• stobberdobber says:

I read 1 story that was posted on facebook by one of my facebook “friends” and by the time I finished it I knew there was something hinkie about it, so I kept entering Zimmerman/Martin into my search everyday. It eventually led me here-less than a month later, I think. I now never believe anything I hear -as the full story. I always double and triple check it all if I have any interest in it at all.

• jordan2222 says:

We had recently had a rash of black teenagers killing cops so my memory is distorted. At 66, my memory ain’t what it used to be but I can still remember playing solitaire when I was three. Ain’t that weird?

• jello333 says:

Well sure, but that’s no fair…. you cheated. ;) Seriously, though, if I had known George before this happened, I have NO doubt whatsoever I would have been certain of his innocence, even before I learned the facts.

• justfactsplz says:

Yep, I have not doubt you would have been certain if you knew him. The important thing is now many many people believe in his innocence, thanks to CTH and all of your research.

• libby says:

And the fact that I have known many racist blacks intimately, know how much they harbor racism and hate in their hearts for whites, and have experienced that hate and racism directed at me plenty of times in my lifetime.
            Was there any way trayvon could be percieved to racist and hateful? NOT if the media was gonna portray him. The media has never come across a single racist or hateful AA person, though I have met many.
            There is one guy at a local gathering place I go to regularly. I go out of my way to sy “hi” to everyone with a smile on my face whther I like them or not. Literally hundreds of times I walked past this guy with a smile and a “hello” or “good morning” to get dirty looks and scowls and not a word in response (over the course of several years).
            Last weekend, I walked by with my wife arm in arm, and he says something pleasant.
            This guy has not one nice thing to say when i the white guy walk by, but when I walk by with my wife who is dark skinnned, all of a sudden, he says something nice to us.
            (And this clown is running a business-nice successful business you have if you treat your white customers that way)

• janc1955 says:

I attended a junior high school in Tulsa during the beginnings of the school integration experiment. It was U.G.L.Y. Looking back, I don’t really blame the black kids for objecting to riding buses across town just so they could attend schools full of white faces. But I also can’t forget the seething hostility many of them gave off. Just as the whole integration experiment wasn’t their idea, neither was it ours.

• libby says:

my high school “solved” the crisis by sending everyone to one large high school (and since I lived next to the area where most of the AA lived, I went to school on a bus that had very few whites and a whole lot of blacks who didnt want whites ot have a seat on that bus).
                I learned early in life how significant black racism is and how little people want to discuss it or acknowledge it

2. diwataman says:

Just wanted to post this here as well;

I’ve combined all the ABC clips that I’m aware of along with the Crump presser clip and the O’Mara upload of the same clip. They are all from the same segment at the Crump/DeeDee interview from March 19 except for the clips that are marked as later interview(s) with her that Matt Gutman had.

Another line is from the March 26 clip and is probably also from a separate interview or from Gutman’s recorder at the time of the March 19 interview. The clip also sounds like it had been sped up a bit for the ABC video. She says on that one; “Trayvon come ask him “why you following me for” and the man come and said “what you doing around here”. Somebody pushed Trayvon on the floor cuz, cuz his headset like fell” which is also not on the O’Mara release.

As I said before, they all sound like the same girl to me it’s just the different quality of recordings and speaking louder in one clip than the other that may make it seem otherwise, especially in Matt’s later interviews compared to the Crump interview.

(Links are in the description box of the video)

• libby says:

“The man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on”.
      “it started to rain, so he put his hoodie on”
      he went into a store, so he put his hoodie on (so he could hide his age and buy things illegally?).
      he was about to jack that white guy, so he put his hoodie on.
      sounds like he had a long list of reasons why he put his hoodie on

• LouDaJew says:

libby, that’s before the 7/11 vid came out. DD looked like the true liar that she is once those surveillance vids came out. it’s a good question to ask DD during MOM’s depo of her.

• libby says:

Deedee sounded like a liar the first time I heard her, long before the 7/11 vid.
          And BDLR sounded like he was coaching her through the entire interview (which sounds suspiciously suspicious).

• Justice4All says:

Who describes every detail of what they do during a phone call.

“I just stepped on a rock”
        “I am walking down the street”
        “A car just drove by”
        “Another car just drove by”

Why would anybody feel the need to tell someone that they are putting their hoodie on? This odd description makes it plainly obvious that her story was fabricated.

• John Galt says:

I just bought a blunt from 3 dudes at 7-11.

I think it will take me about 40 minutes to walk 1/2 mile home, because I’m running to the mail thing to shelter from the rain before I rush home to finish watching the basketball game which hasn’t started yet.

There is a small Hispanic guy following me in a Honda Ridgeline truck. But I will refer to him henceforth as a crazy creepy big old white dude in a car.

I’m scared, just trying to make it home in the rain. Nonetheless, I don’t think I can cover 70 yards in 4 minutes because I’m so tired.

Lord knows I am tired, because I refused to run, just walked fast.

• TandCrumpettes says:

Yes! And to have this conversation on a phone that’s “acting up?”

Come on. I know kids can be silly on the phone. I think half of my phone useage as a teen was spent holding the reciever up to the radio. But I would have never put up with a completely one-sided conversation like that being frequently terminated, only to have the caller call me back and continue their little life documentary. I would have said, “Hey, just call me back when you get a better cell…” or, “Ummm, I gotta go wash my hair.”

• John Galt says:

“Yes! And to have this conversation on a phone that’s “acting up?”

Get the phone marked in evidence and the headphones and test them to see (1) if they even work (2) check the “headphones just fell” “I heard grass” and “a little get off get off” allegations.

• Justice4All says:

Usually when I talk on the phone with women I say……..”mmmm hmmmm”………”right”………”ahhhh”…….”right”……….”thats good”…………

Usually it is women who ramble on about every single detail of their life. Very strange that the roles were reversed in this conversation i’ve never heard men or boys talk like this in my entire life.

• ottawa925 says:

maybe Trayvon couldn’t make heads or tails of what she was saying either and he just kept disconnecting her on purpose. Only CRUMP can understand her.

• janc1955 says:

I’m no expert on teenage boys, but how many spend that kind of time on the phone with anyone, much less a girl they aren’t dating or wanting to date? The narrative has TM as a lovestruck puppy talking all.day.long with his little girlfriend … it doesn’t match at all with @No_Limit’s tweets regarding females, and various kinds of sex with females. If I had to guess which is the real Trayvon — the one of the narrative or the one tweeting vulgarities about females, I’d pick the latter. The tweets were his own words. The narrative about him is right out of a script from Little House on the Praire or the Waltons. Ridiculous.

• ottawa925 says:

LOL, Justice. Too funny. Even NASA and Astronauts don’t/didn’t share that much info.

It wasn’t odd, however, the day I went with a friend to see Grand Prix with Steve McQueen. I was so pumped up for this movie. Unaware of consequences, we sat in front of an elderly woman and her grandson. All through the movie: What’s he doin now, grandma? He’s putting on his helmet, dear. What’s he doin now, grandma? He’s trying to win the race, dear. (rolling my eyes).

• jello333 says:

And the “mail thing” etc, etc, etc. You’re exactly right. All those stupid little details is one of the clearest signs that this is all rehearsed…. and not very well, I might add.

• MJW says:

It’s like one of the old radio plays: “I’ve sneaking up on the outlaws’ hideout now. I’ll hide behind this boulder.”

• libby says:

I am mixing my cough syrup with my watermellon drink and downing it with my skittles.
          rolling my blunt now.
          it took me 40 minutes to walk a mile since I sell the best weed money can buy

• crossdraw says:

sounds like there is at least 6 differnt versions of dd story and on about that many differnt recording devices

• libby says:

RECALL how they say the proof of GZ’s guilt is in his inconsistencies.
        NOW, count the inconsistencies in her testilying (I mean testifying).
        Add up the million inconsistencies in the martin/fulton lies to the media campaign.
        And GZ’s story barely budged an inch when their stories made it to every part of the galaxy and back (george’s story was/is solid, doesnt change whlie their stories never stay the same).

• John Galt says:

“One line from the ABC clips I can not find in the O’Mara release is “He said this man was watching him so he put his hoodie on”. Since that line is not on Crumps recorder, that we know of, it must have come from Matt Gutman’s recorder.”

Perfect. Nice catch. The information cannot be obtained from alternative sources.

90.5015

PRIVILEGE.–A professional journalist has a qualified privilege not to be a witness concerning, and not to disclose the information, including the identity of any source, that the professional journalist has obtained while actively gathering news. This privilege applies only to information or eyewitness observations obtained within the normal scope of employment and does not apply to physical evidence, eyewitness observations, or visual or audio recording of crimes. A party seeking to overcome this privilege must make a clear and specific showing that: (a) The information is relevant and material to unresolved issues that have been raised in the proceeding for which the information is sought; (b) The information cannot be obtained from alternative sources; and (c) A compelling interest exists for requiring disclosure of the information.

• MJW says:

My hypothesis is that the defense’s concentration on the various, nearly unintelligible, versions of Crump’s recording is to establish “(b) The information cannot be obtained from alternative sources.” They want to show they’ve done everything possible to obtain an understandable version of the interview, without success. The next step is to seek a version recorded by ABC, assuming it exists. Given the way television news operates, I think it does exist.

• AghastInFL says:

What happened to DD referring to GZ as “the other boy”… I remember after the Crump presser the phrase stuck with me but I can not find it other than in the CNN transcript:
      And so she says “run.” He says, I’m not going to run. I’m going to walk fast. At that point, she says Trayvon — she hears Trayvon say, why are you following me. She hears the other boy say, what are you doing around here. And again, Trayvon says, why are you following me. And that’s when she says again he said, what are you doing around here. Trayvon is pushed. The reason she concludes, because his voice changes like something interrupted his speech.

• John Galt says:

“I believe there is an audio clip of DD referring to GZ as “the other boy” it may be minimally important overall but still it keeps gnawing at me.”

Crump lies so much, I can’ tell the difference between DD BS and Crump BS. He told Al Sharpton that Trayvon had to enter the code to open the gate, which is funny, because he didn’t enter through a gate.

CRUMP: The whole time when he went to store, when he came back from
        store. All day, they talk. When you look at the cell phone records that
        blows Zimmerman`s testimony out of the water. Because she says and it`s so
        logical when she tells the story. He was walking home from that 7-eleven,
        and it started raining. He ran into the complex, had to hit the code, got
        into the gate, went to the first building he saw to get out of the rain.
        Stood there, let the rain subside, then he starts that walking back. She
        calls him back because he got off when it was raining.

• howie says:

I would love to see a motion to just dismiss this mess made. Under:

Fla. R. Crim. P. Rule 3.190
          Rule 3.190. Pretrial Motions

§ (c) (4)

(c) Time for Moving to Dismiss. Unless the court grants further time, the defendant shall move to dismiss the indictment or information either before or at arraignment. The court in its discretion may permit the defendant to plead and thereafter to file a motion to dismiss at a time to be set by the court. Except for objections based on fundamental grounds, every ground for a motion to dismiss that is not presented by a motion to dismiss within the time hereinabove provided shall be considered waived. However, the court may at any time entertain a motion to dismiss on any of the following grounds:
          (1) The defendant is charged with an offense for which the defendant has been pardoned.
          (2) The defendant is charged with an offense for which the defendant previously has been placed in jeopardy.
          (3) The defendant is charged with an offense for which the defendant previously has been granted immunity.
          (4) There are no material disputed facts and the undisputed facts do not establish a prima facie case of guilt against the defendant.
          The facts on which the motion is based should be alleged specifically and the motion
          sworn to.

They could just cite the CTH Archive.

• debfrmhell says:

Howie, just wanted to say that you were right the other day. The initial Capias, though not filed, was the 782.11 on Feb 28th. It changed two more times, settling on the 782.07 which was filed with the court. Much is made of the 782.04(2) but imagine the reaction if he had held fast and not been pressured to change his initial Capias.

I did think it odd that the 3/6/12 FEDEX fax was generated by a store minutes away from the Zimmerman residence on RInehart rather than the offices of the SPD. Wonder who leaked that? Don’t have time to see who was in the neighborhood interviewing witnesses.

• howie says:

I was thinking he was fed up with the black caucus at SPD pressuring him for an arrest and so said…OK Pal try this on for size…:) Thats when they went nuts and brought in Corey and the DOJ/CRS.

• debfrmhell says:

I checked the Witness list and it appears the only person out canvassing the area was…ta-da…Serino. So even though it is not listed in the 10th as one of the documents, do you have the opinion that it is Brady Material? IANAL, but it seems to me that it fits better than what Baez submitted.

• justfactsplz says:

They should dismiss it. The evidence in George’s favor is overwhelming. If the pig in lipstick learns anything from this case it should be to not overcharge or even charge a case with so little evidence to prove charges, hoping for and planning for a plea deal.

• dmoseylou says:

Corey-Nifong should be stripped of her lipstick and her Law License, right before she is hauled off to prison. Now THAT would be sweet Justice, indeed.

• justfactsplz says:

She needs to be in prison, sending children to prison like she does.

• libby says:

And so she shall. I imagine she might serve as many as 24 whole hours in one of those penal institutions.
                And the bar association shall give chump a prize (and the media shall remain with its head firmly entreched up its arse)

3. scubachick75 says:

So the ONLY way for a headset to fall off of someone’s head is if they are pushed down? LOL…Mine falls off all the time because I have little ears.

4. libby says:

We need to speak up in ALL venues. Making our voices heard in the comments section of the news paper is important. but we must also speak (or communicate) to all levels and forms of government from the locals to the feds (and the state).
    George zimmerman is a man they thought was white (and thus they thought it fair game to threaten him and his family). well, even full blown white people dont deserve the threats made out of black racism. it shall remain the good kind of hate until we speak up and declare it to be another form of hate we reject.
    as long as they think they can direct hate at whites with impunity, they shall.
    dont think they will stop just cuz we dont like it. they do it largely cuz they can get away with it (outside of other motivations).
    have a nice day.
    (somewhere there is a white person facing the demon of black racism without the benefit of our support).
    i think all forms of racism are bad, even the kinds the media loves, the president and the attorney general support and the academy lends credence to.

5. Ron Callaway says:

Trayvon Martin was photographed in New York City Sunday.
    This entire thing was evidently a HOAX .

6. manoncanal says:

That last link is right one we had a hell of a time getting it to do right
    LOOK AND LAFF YOUR BUTTS OFF

7. Ron Callaway says:

And they want our guns.

8. LetJusticePrevail says:

I have a general request for assistance on a particular detail of the evidence. I posted it above directly to D-Man, but I am reposting here to see if anyone else has access to the info I am looking for:

Does anyone know if the precise connect/disconnect times for ALL 7 of the 911 calls placed by RTL residents on the night of 2/26 were ever released? If so, can you respond with either a link or a citation to a reliable source for this information?

Thanks (in advance) for your help.

9. eastern2western says:

I have a feeling that o’mara has already found his smoking gun in trayvon’s school records. He would love to show it to the world, but florida law prohibites such actions.

• eastern2western says:

without a confirmatory evidence, it would be impossible for o’mara to bring in michael beasley firm to take care of the civil law suit.

• boutis says:

It is almost certainly not one thing. It is many things that create no doubt for Beasley to risk it. One thing would be explained away or excused. Same for two or five “things”. It is probably a long term problem of escalating behavior and seriousness. The evidence is already gathered and what they have is unknown and will remain so until they choose to use it. The damages are ongoing and continuing to add up.

• eastern2western says:

in the serrino report, it clearly states trayvon was in a 10 day suspension due to marijuana possession, but it was diluted to by the media immediately and further diluted by sabrina by calling it a normal teenager activity. However, that is a clear sign that trayvon was not some kind of sweet angelic math nerd that was sold to the media and o’mara knows it too. what further confirmed their suspicion had to be the trayvon records because defense did not started taking their media offense after they received the records which the martins were fighting to hide. lets see what happens because they will eventually be use by the defense to prove martin had a tendency for violence and also use to prove that martin had previous mma training which will dispute the serrino report and also will prove serrino had prejudicial views toward zimmerman. no wonder serrino hired baez for consolatory purposes and it is very possible that we will see serrino take the 5th in the deposition or even the trial.

• jello333 says:

I agree. Everything Mark and Don are going after now is simply for confirmation. I think they already KNOW everything they’re asking about… they just need a few other things to finish laying the traps. Which is partly why I’ve been saying for awhile now that I think they already have Gutman’s tape… or at a minimum have talked to Matt and know what’s up. When they finally do Crump’s deposition, or Dee Dee’s (probably will never happen), or maybe even Bernie’s, they will NOT be looking to discover info they don’t already know. What they’ll be doing is waiting for the LIES to start, and then springing, “Oh, really? Then what about THIS?!” Gonna be just one BAM! after another. ;)

• hooson1st says:

I suspect that MOM and West are not spending a lot of time devising traps and laying traps.They are spending their time collecting all available evidence, correlating it in a sequence that will make the most sense to the court. All they care about are the facts and how to present those facts in the most compelling manner.

• jello333 says:

Well yeah, that’s sorta what I meant. Of course first and foremost is putting the evidence together that will guarantee (to the greatest extent possible) George’s exoneration. But fortunately, that evidence is gonna do MORE than that: It’s gonna help prove the conspiracy, which will be important for the civil suits and any ethics or criminal sanctions against certain individuals. So what I meant by “setting traps” was that the evidence-collecting and other stuff MOM/West are now doing is having that effect. Even if “traps” WASN’T their intent, that’s where this is headed. Sorta the “kill two birds with one stone” cliche (which I hate, by the way ;) ).

• jordan2222 says:

I do not know of anyone who has ever killed two birds with one stone. Do you?

Jello,
                among my favorite expressions:
                “There are many ways to skin a cat”
                Which I modified to:
                “”There are many ways to skin a cat and my cat hates every way”
                “There are many ways to skin a cat. You can startt at the tail and work your way up or you can start at the head and work your way back”
                the options are endless

• John Galt says:

“If there are any traps sprung in the process, those will be traps that Crump and Co have unwittingly created for themselves as they have pursued an untenable theory of this case.”

No traps required. They beach themselves.

Crump 3/21/12: “He ran into the complex, had to hit the code, got into the gate”

Tracy Martin 3/22/12: “He did come in that back gate. . . . I knew for a fact that Trayvon came in the front gate.”

• nomatter_nevermind says:

Brandy Green’s house is close to the SE gate, and faces it. It wouldn’t be surprising if Tracy Martin thought of the SE gate as the ‘front’ gate, but then remembered that the N gate is officially the ‘front’ gate.

In the video, Martin was gesturing toward the N gate when he said ‘back gate’.

• John Galt says:

The main problem with their gate nonsense is that Trayvon didn’t come through any gate.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

How do do you know?

• ejarra says:

Two reasons: One, he was initially seen by Georgie near where the cut-through intersects with RTL; on the lawn in front of a house that was burglarized just three weeks earlier. It’s also the quickest and shortest way in RTL from the 7-11. And two, if he did come in the front gate, that would have meant that he walked AWAY from Brandi’s condo and NOTtowards it, since he was seen west of the gate and not east of it. He never came in a gate that night.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

So you don’t know. You’re just speculationg.

• treewig says:

We don’t know for certain based on evidence I’ve seen whether TM entered a code and came in through the front gate. GZ just says he sees him by Taffe’s, not that he came into the neighborhood via the cut through. Of course neither does Tracy, but he claimed thats what TM did. I wonder how he “knew”?

I’d think it would be great for the defense if it could be shown that TM entered a code and came in the front gate at 6:54 as Dee Dee intimates. The prosecution would have to try to explain what TM was doing around Taffe’s house, the opposite direction from BG’s from the front entrance, about 15 minutes later.

• ftsk420 says:

I think he jumped over the wall.

• John Galt says:

According to DD and call logs Trayvon was under the mail thing at 6:54. So, if we believe Crump (telling Shartpon what he learned from DD), why did he enter a code if the gates were already open?

• nomatter_nevermind says:

You’re citing anonymous gossip?

The gates were closed at all times, according to the HOA newsletter.

• John Galt says:

Wow, Evil Chinchilla really nailed it:

“As for the importance of this statement by Crump to lawyers, IMO it’s very important. He’s allegedly telling Al Sharpton (and any viewers) what DeeDee told him that Trayvon told her. It’s a very precise detail that can’t be mistaken for something else (like assuming Trayvon went to the mailbox area if all he actually conveyed to DeeDee was “this shed thing”).

If there was never a coded entrance gate at RTL– or if there was one but it was inoperable by 2/26– and yet DeeDee actually said in her interview that Trayvon told her he entered the code and got in, it’s proof (IMO) her testimony was a fabrication based on what Team Crump thought they knew at the time.

If a clear copy of the tape turns out to not contain any statement by DeeDee about a coded gate, it’s proof (IMO) Ben Crump was trying to sell a false narrative to the public and force the SAO to railroad George.

Either way, I think it’s something that attacks a basic tentpole of the prosecution’s grounds and establishes an intent to fabricate evidence, and is important both as evidence to get immunity and/or to present to a jury as “reasonable doubt” at a trial.”

Tracey Martin,
                I punished the boy.
                (punishment means different things to different people).
                I really doubt they will go after the martins/fultons for their many many many many many many many lies (some of which are to police and some will be under oath, not all are to the media)

• justfactsplz says:

They have what they need and have had some of it for awhile. BAM it is!

• arkansasmimi says:

When they did the depos of those officers that they filed the emerg motion on, I think they really prob hit a big jackpot. And like so many others have said, they know a heck of alot that no one else knows they have, YET. LOL but I betcha there are a bunch of folks having to take tummy meds due to worry what the DEF does have …

• justfactsplz says:

Yes, I am sure they are squirming in their seats. SPD did a thorough investigation and they had a lot of evidence to prove George’s innocence. Corey will egg on her face and she knows it.

• libby says:

they did a shoddy investigation into trayvon (they knew he was the agressor, but then pretended he was the victim and never bothered to do the background on thugbone)

• justfactsplz says:

There are some good apples there, not all of them are like Serino. Their testimony will help the defense.

• janc1955 says:

boutis: I likes the way you think. :D

• John Galt says:

Might have a bus driver waiting in the wings.

• LouDaJew says:

that would be sweet!!!!!

• eastern2western says:

the thing is that I do not think they have the bus driver yet. if they do, we should know it by now because of the florida’s sunshine laws. There are private records which the prosecution is fighting to hide that are simply not going to be reveal till the trial or the immunity hearing.

• howie says:

Any idea why the defense decided it did not need a hearing on it’s discovery motions?

• jello333 says:

Just a guess, by I’m assuming they started getting everything they were after. Either through the cooperation of members of the Scheme Team (very unlikely) or through some back-channels.

• howie says:

Could be. Just seems odd. I was thinking might be somethings up.

• eastern2western says:

remember the sunshine laws because the defense also needs to turn any evidence to the prosecution and make them available for public viewing. currently, I do not believe the defense has anything new beyond what the prosecution had given them. onlything I suspect is the school records which can not be made for public viewing, but I suspect something is really explosive in there that gave o’mara suficient confidence to go on the offensive. Ever since they had the school records, it was the first time I heared o’mara declaring zimmerman as an innocent man in front of the media which is very rare to hear such firm statement from him.

• libby says:

Maybe the judge actually woke up and began to do the job of an impartial jurist for once. it might happen

• justfactsplz says:

While the school records are going to be beneficial to the defense, they are not the really big smoking gun. You are right about Beasley.

• libby says:

Let the persecutors tell the court how innocent saint skittles was (like they did in the media)…..it could open pandora’s box…Omara couldnt get that in court by himself, but if they claim he was a saint like he did in the newspapers and on line news outlets, that should open the door to the real trayvon (no limit gangsta)

10. ottawa925 says:

I have a question. I was at a site that had the medical examiner’s report. Woman examiner ..

Anyway, in logging on the sheet with boxes to be checked for clothing, and anything else might be on a victim, in the MONEY section, it was indicated that Trayvon had 10 Cents. But I thought they had found $40.00 on him. I’m confused on this one.

• ejarra says:

This one’s easy. Mr. Martin had $40.15 on him that was found when they went through his clothes at the scene. Another dime was found by the ME later. Most likely in his back pocket. While he was at the 7-11, just before he left, he bent down and picked up something off the floor. I speculated at the time that is may have been the infamous dime that the ME found.

• ottawa925 says:

thanks, cause I had no idea on that and was trying to make sense of it. Thank you, ejarra.

• brutalhonesty says:

yeah I just dont see anyone much less trayvon turning around half way out the door to go back to pick up a dime. I think something else is going on there.

• jello333 says:

Yeah, when someone first suggested that might be what he was doing — going back to look for the dime he dropped — my reaction to that was weird. Because what it made me feel was… sad. This guy is so out of it, so in a world of his own, and (maybe) feeling like nobody cares about him, that he’s dwelling on little things like losing a dime. I don’t know how better to explain it, but yeah… it made me kinda feel a little bad for the guy. I’ve never had any sympathy for the hypocritical, manipulative, lying family and “team” of Trayvon. But he himself?… Yeah… despite the fact that what he did that night was of his own free will, he did NOT get to that point all by himself. His ridiculous family had a lot to do with that.

• jordan2222 says:

Showing your sensitive side, huh? Good for you.

• janc1955 says:

Interesting. You can feel sympathy for Trayvon without having to promote the narrative that he was a mere child, a small child even, innocent as a puppy, doing nothing more than hurrying back from the 7-11 with candy for his younger “brother” and a cold drink for himself, head full of astronaut dreams, eager to watch the rest of the game in his cozy “home,” then brush and floss, say his prayers, and sleep the peaceful sleep of an angel. You feel sympathy for the “real” Trayvon. I think that actually makes you completely not a racist, and might point out the fact that those who cling desperately to the narrative are actually the racists. Interesting.

• Sha says:

Jello: I can relate to TM and GZ because I have had children in my life that have acted just like both of them. My sons are polite well mannered and respectful and have always been they remind me of GZ and RZ Jr , My four other boys where not well mannered at all . I still have a newphew that I am raisng now that reminds me so much of TM he has no respect for women but loves his mom very much. He wont’s to be like my brother who act’s more like his buddy than his dad .By the way my brother loves the women to just like Big TM but not married why he does his dirt. I have worked on this kid just like the others and he is coming around. I know for a fact a child is a product of there up bringing and there environment . It takes alot of hard work to reshape a young man and his thinking when he’s on the wrong track but God know’s it is so worth it. I have seen the anger that can build up in a young man because he doesn’t get the attention he needs and deserves and I have seen them take it out on others when that wasn’t even the person are thing they where mad at. I have tried not to judge anyone in this situation harshly because no one is perfect including me, But with that said I am still pissed off at both his parents but mostly his dad. They lost there son and I feel that is a hard lesson to learn for anyone but they are NOT faultless in his death at all.

• libby says:

whatever he picked up is quite small (either a dime or the remains of a blunt-marijuana cigarette made with cigar leaf instead of paper).

11. maggiemoowho says:

Thought this was funny, the Scheme team seems to be a bit upset because they were not invited to the White House to meet with Joe Biden.

attorneycrump
    RT @Change4Trayvon: @SybrinaFulton, @BTraymartin9 & @attorneycrump no invite to WH for mtgs w/ victims of gun violence? Big mistake … 14 Jan 16:04pm

• jello333 says:

Hmmm… that could actually be significant. We all know that early on, Obama felt this case would help him in some way. Hence his “If I had a son…” remark. And if this “meeting with victims of gun violence” had taken place back then, you KNOW that Barack would have invited Crump, or Sybrina, or someone from their camp. But now, even though this was the most high-profile “gun violence” case in the country (before the mass shootings), Obama passes on a chance to promote it? Yeah, tells me he’s like Sharpton, and he now realizes this case is no longer a “winner” for them.

• maggiemoowho says:

The WH doesn’t want to bring attention to any justifiable homicide where a gun saved a mans life. TM was used for the election and is of no more use to POTUS. I guess this means TM has been written out of Obama’s will.

• John Galt says:

“Yeah, tells me he’s like Sharpton, and he now realizes this case is no longer a “winner” for them.”

Al probably told Zero to drop Trayvon like a hot potato. Zero will end up owing Al a favor for the heads up.

• hooson1st says:

Respectfully, I do not think that the President is spending any time on this case, much less evaluating whether or not it is a “winner” for him. That is not the way the presidency works.

• jello333 says:

I would agree, if it weren’t for the fact that he ALREADY spent some time on this case. I very much doubt he just got up that morning and decided he was gonna make his “If I had a son…” remark, without first looking a little into the case. Or at a minimum, one of his aides did the research. Of course we know now that their “facts” were likely about as accurate as those of the JQ people, but the point is, he DID think it was helpful for him to jump in…. at one time, at least. So yeah, I bet that at some point since then, someone (though probably not Obama himself) dug a little deeper and told him to just drop it.

• LittleLaughter says:

+1 Jello.

• hooson1st says:

jello333

You are correct in general. In these matters the chief of staff has a key role. Options on various issues are drawn up and presented to the president, who ultimately decides. He his decisions can be no better than the accuracy of the information provided allows.

• dmoseylou says:

“Big mistake”

THAT is hilarious. What arrogance! What, exactly, does Chump plan to do in retaliation for this major snub, this “Big mistake,” by Biden and the WH? Alert the media, of course!

The meetings will no doubt be utter failures, accomplishing nothing good—all b/c the Scheme Team was not invited to impart their worldly words of wisdom upon the VEEP of the USA!

Dat’s HUGE!

• maggiemoowho says:

Takes some nerve and a deranged mind to think that they should be included in those talks. Maybe the WH could invite them to speak to a panel on the effects and outcome of bad parenting.

12. brutalhonesty says:

I wonder what the turnout was like.

Emmanuel Baptist Church, 1075 Shalimar Drive, will honor the memory of Trayvon Martin with a special “Hoodie” service on Sunday, Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:45 a.m.

Martin was shot and killed on Feb. 26, 2012 in a gated community in Sanford, Fla. by George Zimmerman, the community’s neighborhood watch captain.

Zimmerman, who is currently out on bond while awaiting his June 10 trial on second degree murder charges, has claimed that he shot the 17-year-old after the teen attacked him.

Many others believe that Zimmerman became suspicious of Martin simply because he was a young black man wearing a hoodie (a sweat-shirt or jacket with a hood). Martin was not carrying a weapon, only a bag a of Skittles and an iced tea he’d purchased shortly before his death.

The service will highlight the continual struggle African American youth face to be judged for the content of their character, instead of the color of their skin and clothes they choose to wear.

The Church’s Youth Ministry will be in charge of this service.

Mendez
    Pastor John Mendez will deliver a special message. The En Motion Mime Ministry will perform, as will other special guests. Everyone is welcome to attend. For more information, contact the church office at 336-788-7023.

• dmoseylou says:

[…] instead of the color of their skin and clothes they choose to wear.

It was NOT skin color or clothing that caused George to call NEN. It was TM’s behaviour—-wandering around in the dark and rain, with a gait / posture that caused George to believe his behaviour could have been drug-induced. THAT is what all these churches and meetings and schools need to focus on—walk with deliberateness, do not wander around, skipping a little bit here and there, unsteady on your feet, acting like you do not know where you are or what you are doing. And definitely do NOT look around at the houses or in the windows. It is the same principle as women (especially) have drilled into them by parents, spouses, and even LEO re: their cars—get in and GO!
      Do not brush your hair, apply lipstick, freshen your mascara. Get in and Go. Same with a single person walking in the inclement weather or any kind of weather, day or night. Act responsible and chances are you will be viewed and accepted as responsible.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

Zimmerman told SPD investigators he thought Martin might be on drugs because ‘kept shifting where he was looking’. That was the only reason he gave.

• ejarra says:

Not the ONLY reason. He was a wandering around on someone’s lawn in the rain. He was not jogging, not walking quickly, just wandering and looking at a house next to the cut-through which was just burglarized a few weeks earlier. THAT is suspicious behavior. THAT was the reason for the NEN call. It had NOTHING to do with Mr. Martin wearing a hood (if he didn’t wear it while raining, it would have been more suspicious) nor did have to do with the color of his skin. Mr. Martin should have ignored Georgie instead of trying to intimidate him while in the car. Mr. Martin should have kept walking to Brandi’s instead of attacking Georgie.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

Yes, it was the only reason Zimmerman gave for thinking Martin might be on drugs.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

It was a house for which Zimmerman had previously made a suspicious person call, not a house that had recently been burglarized.

I did a round-up of Zimmerman’s explanations for thinking Martin was suspicious on a TalkLeft Forum post. I’m repeating it here, omitting some remarks that were pertinent to the thread it was posted in.

First Two and Last Interviews

Written Statement (p. 15)

Reenactment

Voice Stress Analysis

In the SPD interviews, Zimmerman’s reasons for being suspicious of Martin were discussed at least five times, and mentioned briefly in his written statement.

:: Martin was walking ‘leisurely’ and ‘casually’, not appearing to be trying to get out of the rain. (2/26-1, 4:08-4:47; 2/26-1, 10:25-52; 2/26W; 2/27R, 0:00-1:35; 2/27V, 25:36-26:28, 6:44:13-45:05; 2/29-1, 8:03-53; 2/29-3, 0:51-1:18)

:: Martin was walking on the grass, not on the sidewalk. (2/27R, 0:00-1:35; 2/29-1, 8:03-53)

:: Zimmerman didn’t recognize Martin. (2/26-1, 4:08-4:47; 2/27R, 0:00-1:35)

:: Martin was ‘looking around’, ‘kept staring around him’, or ‘kept shifting where he was looking.’ (2/27R, 0:00-1:35; 2/27V, 25:36-26:28, 6:44:13-45:05; 2/29-3, 1:32-41)

:: Martin looked at Zimmeran, or ‘kept looking’ or ‘kept staring’ at him. (2/26-1, 4:08-4:47; 2/27R, 0:00-1:35; 2/29-1, 8:03-53; 2/29-3, 0:51-1:18)

:: Martin was ‘looking at all the houses’, or ‘looking into the houses.’ (2/26-1, 4:08-4:47; 2/26-1, 10:25-52; 2/26W; 2/29-3, 0:51-1:18)

:: Martin was walking in front of, or looking at, or looking into, 1460 RVC, where Zimmerman had previously called in a suspicious person. (2/26-1, 10:25-52; 2/27R, 0:00-1:35; 2/29-1, 4:21-5:23; 2/29-1, 7:41-54; 2/29-1, 8:03-53) That person was later arrested for burglarizing a nearby house. (2/29-1, 7:18-40)

:: Martin stopped in front of 1460. (2/27R, 0:00-1:35; 2/29-1, 8:03-53)

:: Zimmerman knew Martin didn’t live at 1460. (2/27V, 25:36-26:28, 6:44:13-45:05; 2/29-1, 4:21-5:23)

:: There had been ‘a history of break-ins’ at a house near 1460. (2/27R, 0:00-1:35)

• nomatter_nevermind says:

It was a house for which Zimmerman had previously made a suspicious person call. It had not been recently burglarized.

Scroll down past the links.

• nomatter_nevermind says:

Interesting that the article doesn’t even claim there is any evidence. It’s just what ‘Many others believe.’

Geraldo Rivera, in his notorious rant, also cited no evidence, except his own willingness to bet an undisclosed sum.

• margegunderson says:

“Many others believe” it because of Crump’s media campaign to make the incident racial – without race he has no case and therefore,gets no money. He’s an insult to every true victim of racism in this country –

Algonquin J Calhoun.

13. brutalhonesty says:

“critically acclaimed” Like it is now fake radio blog show, with a “world wide audience” by pj coble, eric jordan garret, and Lco, caught using the trayvon “tragedy” to promote PJ’s own book:

Pick up a copy of PJ’s book
    Rise: Rejoicing in Spiritual Evidence
    Support our Cause.
    BUY IT NOW!

• maggiemoowho says:

It really is disgusting, the number of people/organizations including TM’s family and friends that have made money off his death. Sorry to sound so harsh, but the saying “job well done” on TM’s headstone is telling. His death has made a lot of money for many. I find that incredibly sad.

14. eastern2western says:

after watching scar face, I have finally understand why zimmerman is consider to be the guilty one because he reported to the police. yes, the ones who report to the police while others are committing crimes are classified as rats and they all deserve to be shot multiple times by their brotherans. Because zimmerman broke the codes of the mobfia culture, he deserved his beating trayvon and had no right to defend himself. Now, I understand the street justice and must return my self to more street studies.

• LouDaJew says:

the problem is that people can’t see George as a victim in this whole situation. they keep bringing up Skittles and Iced Tea, and the parents are trying their best to seal Trayvon’s past. Trayvon’s parents know the truth, as most of us that post here do as well. Trayvon should have been in school, not getting suspended for something we don’t even know what for (the medias explanation is a lie). African AMerican students don’t get suspended in MDCPS for empty marijauan baggies.

• libby says:

The media prefer a wanna be thug in training to a man they labeled as a wanna be cop (as if wanting to be a cop was a bad thing while wanting to be a thug was a good thing)

15. eastern2western says:

well, I guess it is angela corey versus the christopher serriono because his report states the screams are from zimmerman, but corey ignores the existence of such assertion and made a decision to pick elements out of serrino’s investigation to promote her political campaign.

16. ottawa925 says:

Never saw this one from Beck, but it’s making some sense – got to watch whole video cause he connects the dots:

17. jordan2222 says:

I am wondering if the Defense will file all of its motions in time for the State to respond and then do it enough time for Nelson to have her 48 hours notice to review both the motions and the State’s response. Would she still hear the defense motions? Just wondering as we all sit listening to the crickets.

18. eastern2western says:

all sanford police officers should watch this video before they go testify.

• dmoseylou says:

Wow. I had not seen this video before. Lionel NAILED it. He slammed Crump.
      Thanks for the posting.

• justfactsplz says:

I know it was hard for SPD to see this video paraded all over the media when they knew George had injuries. Crump saying no bloody clothes. George’s shirt was covered in blood and taken into evidence. Nancy Grace wanted to see the bloody shirt. I would like to see that shirt stuffed in her big mouth.

• eastern2western says:

nancy grace is one dumb ass bitch because that bloody shirt is currently collected as evidence. even this bloody photo that is available to the public is actually a clean up george too. the extra blood that came out from his nose must be from some internal injuries or something that the emts did not stopped.

• dmoseylou says:

Application of silver nitrate and / or gel foam instantly staunches nose bleeds, very effectively. The old blood that is still inside the nasal cavity will continue to flow out or down, dependent on one’s position. The blood in the pic appears to be darker than “fresh” bleeding, which is what one would expect to see if the EMT had, in fact, treated George with one of the above applications. Bright red bleeding would have required repeat treatments and / or nasal packing.

• margegunderson says:

Crump has tried to make this incident a recreation of something that might have happnened in Mississippi in 1955. He managed to get alot of believers, too. The incident wasn’t even racial.

Crump should be disbarred.

• margegunderson says:

Yikes! Does this video show Crump committing slander? Alleging conpiracy by the police to cover up the incident?

I hope Sanford PD goes after him.

19. arkansasmimi says:

Rene Stutzman‏@renestutzman
    Shooting war breaks out in Sanford between two rival groups. 11 shootings since October. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-sanford-shooting-war-20130114,0,2137462.story
    5:05 PM – 14 Jan 13

• nomatter_nevermind says:

War between ‘groups’?

I guess ‘gang’ is now on the un-PC list. Is the Orlando Sentinel the first paper to adjust their style guide accordingly?

• libby says:

They LOVE THUGS……LOVE EM……they do……
        they hate anyone who might try to protect their neighbors, their neighborhood or their neighbors possessions, but they love those who would break in, steal, rob, threaten and cajole (especially fi they are minorityy teens)

• nomatter_nevermind says:

This is cute:

‘Sanford police would not discuss a motive for the shootings. . . . Only one person has been seriously wounded since the shootings began in October: Kenneth Lee Hunt II, a 21-year-old Sanford man awaiting trial on cocaine-trafficking charges who has been shot at least four times during the three-month spate of violence, according to police incident reports.’

• jello333 says:

Oh god… that’s hilarious.

“Hey Kenny, what’s up? Wanna go shoot some hoops?”

“Nah, can’t. I’m sick again.”

“Aww… what’s wrong now?”

“Shot. Yeah… got shot again.”

“Whu?! You kiddin’ me. That’s like three times in the last couple months!”

“Four. And it’s gettin’ pretty old… lemme tell ya.”

20. jello333 says:

“his decisions can be no better than the accuracy of the information provided allows”

Yeah, very true. And of course I realize that 99% of the research done is by the president’s aides and assistants, NOT by the president himself. But your statement that I quoted is kinda the point I was trying to make. The “accuracy” of info can change, it can IMPROVE over time. I assume that when Obama made his “If I had a son…” comment, his people had NOT yet done much research into this case. But since then I’m sure they (not Obama himself, but his handlers/aides) have learned a whole lot more about the case, and realize it’s not what they first thought. So the “accuracy of the information” is much, much better than it was at first. Therefore Obama, through the advice of his people, has now decided to just DROP IT. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone were to mention Trayvon or George to him, that Barack would now be like, “Who?”

21. jordan2222 says:

I made this post in response to this article.
    Aaron Swartz’s Father Says Reddit Co-Founder Was ‘Killed By The Government’
    I thought it might possibly be a way to get others to see George in an intelligent, positive manner without arguing details of the case so I tried by AGREEING with Progs about malicious political inspired prosecutions. It was a back door attempt to apply reason in George’s case. This has become my modus operandi to “help” George’s case instead of going to the hate sites and totally wasting my time as well as getting all bent out of shape for nothing. So I slip in George’s case when it makes sense to do that while making my points about a particular article.
    ************************************************
    Malicious/political prosecution is now a part of our system. Once started, there is no way to reign in overzealous prosecutors, especially when politics AND race are injected.

Many have spent years in prison for crimes they did not commit. We don’t know how many others took their lives beforehand because they are just ordinary citizens.. not newsworthy, you know.

We saw a tragic case of prosecutorial misconduct in the Duke Lacrosse scandal and yet, we are witnessing it once again in the George Zimmerman case but this time, it’s even worse in that it has “undone” all progress ever made in race relations.

Nifong did not spend ten years of his life in prison, as he was trying to do to those students. That should have been the MINIMUM for him but NOW prosecutors can do as they damn well please without fear.

Check out the outrageous outcomes in cases handled by Angela Corey, if you want to see truly immoral conduct. A black woman will now spend 20 years in prison when many judges would have “spanked her butt.”

Even though Casey was exonerated, it was at least partially a result of “unethical” conduct and overcharging by the State so yes it can go both ways as it has with others.

We claim to have the best legal system in the world, and it would be if we would keep politics (AND RACE) out of it.

• jello333 says:

Oh, really great post, Jordan. And yeah, that’s a good tactic. Just so you know, I and many of my online friends (mostly “libs”) have been having some pretty heated discussions over the past few days about Aaron Swartz. And you know what most of the discussion centers on? How much we all hate Barack Obama! Yep, since he basically controls whatever the Justice Dept does, we lay Aaron’s death — his MURDER — right at Obama’s doorstep. Same does for the people who are now facing federal charges even though they’ve committed NO state or local crimes. I’m talking about the people on trial (or recently convicted) for LEGALLY supplying medical marijuana to sick, sometimes TERMINALLY ILL people in places like California. Obama, Holder, and their ilk are destroying the lives of good, innocent people. And as we know, George is one of them. And by the way, I’m continuing to inform my friends about this case, and how it relates to other terrible miscarriages of justice. And it’s continuing to have a positive impact. Slowly but surely….. but we’re getting there.

22. howie says:

All these forensic details will not be the case. It will be on a larger issue.