Eric Holder – The Gun Control Ideology and The DOJ – “Fundamental Change”….

Mid December we hosted an article about a statement made by Eric Holder where he said:

“As a nation I think we have to ask ourselves some hard questions. We gather too often to talk about these kinds of incidents. We need to discuss who we are as a nation, talk about the freedoms that we have, the rights that we have and how those might be used in a responsible way.”  (link)

Today several places have cited links to this 1995 presentation where Holder says they  must “brainwash” the citizenry to think of gun ownership the same way that people think about cigarette smokers – cowered in embarassment outside of buildings:

Still think they are not intent on taking away gun owners rights?

Fundamental Change” folks, FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE !

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, A New America, Dear Leader - Creepy POTUS Worship, Dem Hypocrisy, Potus Gun Ban, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Eric Holder – The Gun Control Ideology and The DOJ – “Fundamental Change”….

1. Sharon says:

When alleged adults say things publicly like, “We are the ones we have been waiting for….” folks might want to pay attention. First of all, believe them. Secondly, find out as quickly as possible exactly what their odd ways of speaking mean. …and when we do find out–believe it.

2. 22tula says:

Publius Huldah – The Best Source of Understanding The Declaration of Independence & the US Constitution – IMO

Excerpt – from Ask Questions Section

The last half of Federalist Paper No. 46 sets forth why James Madison, Father of our Constitution, says how great it is that the American People are armed! And note that Americans were armed long before the Constitution. Our right to keep and bear arms comes from God himself – not the 2nd Amendment. GOD gives us the right to defend ourselves – with deadly force when necessary.
    And as Madison points out, the main reason WE THE PEOPLE need to be armed is to defend ourselves from the federal government.
    And in any State where the democrats hold power, THE PEOPLE really need to be able to defend themselves from State government as well.
    Comment by Publius/Huldah | October 21, 2012 |

FEDERALIST No. 46
    The Influence of the State and Federal Governments Compared
    From the New York Packet.
    Tuesday, January 29, 1788.
    James Madison

Paragraph 9
    The only refuge left for those who prophesy the downfall of the State governments is the visionary supposition that the federal government may previously accumulate a military force for the projects of ambition. The reasonings contained in these papers must have been employed to little purpose indeed, if it could be necessary now to disprove the reality of this danger. That the people and the States should, for a sufficient period of time, elect an uninterupted succession of men ready to betray both; that the traitors should, throughout this period, uniformly and systematically pursue some fixed plan for the extension of the military establishment; that the governments and the people of the States should silently and patiently behold the gathering storm, and continue to supply the materials, until it should be prepared to burst on their own heads, must appear to every one more like the incoherent dreams of a delirious jealousy, or the misjudged exaggerations of a counterfeit zeal, than like the sober apprehensions of genuine patriotism. Extravagant as the supposition is, let it however be made. Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger. The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth part of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence. It may well be doubted, whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops. Those who are best acquainted with the last successful resistance of this country against the British arms, will be most inclined to deny the possibility of it. Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. And it is not certain, that with this aid alone they would not be able to shake off their yokes. But were the people to possess the additional advantages of local governments chosen by themselves, who could collect the national will and direct the national force, and of officers appointed out of the militia, by these governments, and attached both to them and to the militia, it may be affirmed with the greatest assurance, that the throne of every tyranny in Europe would be speedily overturned in spite of the legions which surround it. Let us not insult the free and gallant citizens of America with the suspicion, that they would be less able to defend the rights of which they would be in actual possession, than the debased subjects of arbitrary power would be to rescue theirs from the hands of their oppressors. Let us rather no longer insult them with the supposition that they can ever reduce themselves to the necessity of making the experiment, by a blind and tame submission to the long train of insidious measures which must precede and produce it.

Also Excerpt from the same thread Comment by Publius/Huldah | August 21, 2012

“The Heritage Foundation is very conventional – they go along with the prevailing dogma. They are the last place to go for accurate information about the Constitution. All they do is regurgitate the dogma generations of lawyers have been told in law school.” – Publius Huldah

3. cajunkelly says:

Someone help me out here…I’m laughing at this screaming meemie’s speech…but here in Louisiana a deer hunter is allowed ONLY five bullets in his/her rifle while hunting big game. Is that a LA statute only?

• michellc says:

I’m tired of these idiots saying, “I’m a gun owner, I don’t want your guns, I’m a hunter, we respect hunter.” This is not and has never been about hunters. The constitution does not say the right to bear arms to hunt your food or shoot at targets shall not be infringed.
      The government has no business telling us if we can own a gun, what kind of gun we can own, that we must register our gun or even that we must have a permit to carry a gun, or how many bullets we can have in our gun.

I’m fed up with government, I’m fed up with regulating what kind of toilet I can crap in, what kind of light bulb I can screw in, I’m tired of every freaking branch of government constantly having their hands in my pocket, looking for another way to squeeze another dime out of me.

I heard a story today about a woman several years ago, a 68 year old widow who lived alone and some thugs broke into her house after the POS guy who was doing some handy work at her house, sat around one night telling his friends about this old lady kept money hid in her house because he watched her through the window putting money in a jar and that she wore expensive jewelry. So they decided to break into her home knowing she lived alone. She kept a .38 by her bed with six bullets. She killed one of them, injured two more and missed the other two and before she could reload the gun they were on her. They raped her, beat her, robbed her and then slit her throat, doused her and her home with gasoline that they took from her garage out back and burned her, the one dead thug and her home. The coroner’s report said she had smoke in her lungs, so she died with her throat slit and on fire. Maybe if she had more bullets she could have saved herself. The man who told me the story was her son. His bed has a AR-15 on each side along with a handgun in each night table. He said if someone ever thinks to attack his wife in her home, she won’t die due to a lack of bullets. I told him he should contact the media, contact a blog and get his story out there. He said he’d think about it, but it was still an open wound but that his wife and him wrote their own wedding vows and he took a vow to protect her with his life and he wasn’t going to allow some government idiot make him break his vow unless they killed him.

Then I sat in the county assessors office today arguing my personal business property taxes and listened to her bs about how the county needed more money so they had to find a way to get it. I looked around and said you have 15 employees in this office, how about cutting back there and taking on a little more work yourself? How about going to a 4 day work week to save not only on salaries but on utilities. How about you people learn to live with what you got instead of looking for ways to take more from us? You people are wanting me to include any hand tools, any computer equipment, any office supplies, any office furniture, all things I’ve already paid a freaking tax on and you want to tax it some more. I said, here’s the deal, I can and will fight back, I will knock on every door in this county and I will hand out a copy of this paper you sent me and ask people if they want to vote for a person who would tax a piece of copy paper. You had nobody opposing you the last time, you will the next time, if I have to run myself. She whined that it wasn’t just her decision, I said well every elected person who made this decision needs to be kicked out then. I said, but you are the woman, who said we need money and have to find a way to get it and that will be heard by every voter in this county. You agreed to allow this conversation to be recorded and it will be heard come election time.
      So I’m not in a very good mood today.

• Sharon says:

It’s my opinion that your mood is excellent. Your mood is a source of power for everyone who reads this comment. Your mood is a matter of opinion! I’m sure the “public servant” (**spit**) thought you were not in a very good mood. Your willingness to say what is so–loudly–is what the future of this formerly free Republic depends on. Millions of people across the nation are, today, doing what you did, michellec. Silent no more. Even if they end up saying and doing things they’ve not felt they had to do before….they are doing it now. For the sake the truth and for the sake of freedom.

That puts me in an excellent mood.

You’re a patriot. I think that patriots are often “not in a very good mood” because they’re fighting mad, they’re tired of being manipulated and lied to, abused and robbed at the point of a bureaucrat’s pencil–who’s whining and wheedling that they “have no choice.”

Patriot. That’s what you are.

Yesterday when I was scheduling our cable turnoff at their local office, the gal was trying to get me to reconsider. Told her that, unlike the govt, we must live on a budget. She said, “Oh, we’re all having to do that” And I answered her. “No. Everyone is not doing that. At every layer in this country, there are bunches of people who are not doing that. Which is why this nation is in the trouble it’s in.” I spoke quietly and appropriately. And it got very quiet in the office–another employee and 3 other customers heard my statement. They didn’t get hostile…just very quiet.

We’re talking, michelle. Each as we can, according to the moment. We’re talking. You’re in a mood for battle, that’s what you are. Excellent.

• michellc says:

I’m pretty sure everyone listening and everyone who our conversation was shared with in that building does not like me too well.
          She actually at one point had the nerve to ask me if it would be fair to put any of these people on the unemployment line in this economy. I told her it wasn’t fair that my business had to put people on the unemployment line in this economy, but we, unlike the government, couldn’t go out and steal money from people to prevent it. We had to cut costs to keep our heads above water. She then had the nerve to tell me that we can just charge more to the consumer. I told her we’re not the government, we have to be competitive, everyone is looking for the lowest price on everything or doing without in this economy so we have to keep our prices low and our profit margin is less every year.
          SO then she went into the whole roads, schools, sheriff, etc. I told her my road according to the neighbors who have lived for years was in much better shape when they built it and did the upkeep before the county decided to make a private road a public road. The sheriff’s office certainly couldn’t do their part to save money when they couldn’t drive their cars for two years instead of one. Not to mention I could count on one hand the number of times I’ve needed the sheriff in my lifetime and those few times I waited hours for them to arrive.
          I was angry when I opened the envelope and read the form they wanted to fill out and read furniture and fixtures, electric equipment, computer equipment, machinery and equipment, forklifts and construction, tooling, dies and molds, other assets and trade tools, office supplies, all of these say original cost. Then the second page description for example under furniture and fixtures reads; office desks, chairs, credenzas, file cabinets, tables, booths, shelving, display cases, racks, gondolas, retail fixtures, hotel and motel furnishings, etc.
          Trade tools; include items used by carpenters, cement finishers, craftsman, electricians, mason, mechanics, repair services, roofers, etc.
          Office supplies; pencils, pens, paperclips, copy paper, envelopes, paper files, folders, etc.
          If you need help don’t hesitate to contact us. This must be filed by March 15, if not filed by March 15, a penalty of 10%, 20% if filed after April 15.

Remember, we are in a red state, so this tax was done to us by a conservative small government legislature, giving authority to counties to find new ways to tax us. They give with the right hand and take with the left. Eliminate income tax but pass it on through other taxes. On the businesses who have to already pay property tax, business license fees for state, county and city, sales taxes and now pay a tax on our paper clips and office paper. I get we have to pay taxes of some sort, but a double tax on our paper clips? Where does it end?
          I am sick and tired of government at all levels and sick of both sides. I’m tired of Republicans saying they’re for small government while they’re expanding government. I’m tired of Republicans saying they’re against taxes, while they find new ways to tax us. I’m tired of Republicans saying they’re for less spending while they’re voting to spend more.
          Democrats are nothing more than a bunch of communists and sadly I believe Republicans are nothing more than snake oil salesmen. So where does that leave us? To me it’s finally boiled my blood, I’m going to fight them both at every level. I’m going to go on a warpath with the one weapon I still have my voice. I wasn’t kidding that woman, I’m knocking on every single door in this county and then I might just knock on every darn door in this state and keep going across this country. I might never change a darn thing, but I will fight back and forget going to these idiots who pat us on the head like a child and tell us what we want to hear to shut us up or get a donation or a vote and then stab us in the back.
          I’m also carrying my little recording and going to do my best to convince people her words are the mindset of all of them, how to get money from hardworking people to fund spending and never look for ways to cut their own budgets.

• Sharon says:

“Where does it end?” They have no plan to “end” it. The government doesn’t have any money. That’s why they keep taking ours.

Be sure you make at least three or four copies of that recording. Seriously. Accidental loss could easily happen in a dozen different ways, and once you start using it–well, then “other than accidental loss” is probably going to be on somebody’s to-do list.

• WeeWeed says:

+10000000000 Awesome rant, Michelle!!

• akathesob says:

Damn well said.

• AdukeLAXobserver says:

Different types of hunting have different types of rules in place and it varies from state to state. Back years ago when I hunted, it wasn’t legal to take out a plug out of your shotgun to hold more shots than 3 I think. If you got caught by a game warden with a shotgun like that you would be in trouble. But if you were not hunting with the gun there was no issue with it. There is also times of a year when deer is in season but only for bows and muzzle loaders. So a rule that doesn’t allow more than 5 rounds for big game doesn’t like it isn’t possible. I would also guess most hunters don’t have a problem with many of the rules in place. I know I never did when I was a active hunter. I am also going to state I don’t care how many rounds a clip can hold. Guns and large clips are not the problem. 0bama and the democrats need to stop crying and leave the second amendment alone.

• cajunkelly says:

That law *does* still apply here Aduke….get caught without the plug in the shotgun and you’re in heap big trouble. I’ve known ex to be hid out duck huntin, saw the game warden coming, cut a stick and shove it in the shotgun. It passed, believe it or not. It doesn’t have to be the pretty green plastic one from the factory.

Yes, the bow and muzzle load seasons come first here, then modern gun. I’ve never bow hunted, but I’ve done lots of black powder hunting. Only drawback is that here in the South it’s still warm when bow and black pouder season opens. Swattin skeeters while sittin in a deer stand ain’t no fun at’all. :(

• cajunkelly says:

BTW, was out at the range tonight. I’m absolutely wrong about the five bullet limit. That’s now changed. There’s no limit for rifles while big game hunting in LA, only limited by the size of the magazine.

And for the record, Mr. Cuomo, I *have* shot more than five times at a deer. (blush) Years and years ago….big ole nanny was runnin across a soybean field, ziggin and zaggin. I emptied the gun on her, didn’t ruffle a hair. She stopped and stood there while I reloaded. *Then* she experienced a bad hair day. (wink)

4. brocahontas says:

I’m pretty sure you, Eric Holder, are “not cool and not acceptable” to the youths of DC.

5. I’m always on the same page as you guys but we need to be clear – this was referring to people he CARES about – aka young BLACK men who were part of a huge problem that many cities dealt with in the 80’s and 90’s where kids get illegal guns and kill each other. Boyz In The Hood, South Central and Juice were 3 prominent movies in the early 90’s that tried to bring attention to this.

Believe me, he wouldn’t care about you or I getting shot back then. Does that change the fact he’d like to take guns away? No, but we must not confuse who he is with what that video was about. That’s all.

• Shilo says:

I agree. A large part of the problems in the black community are lack of parental guidance. Many kids have absentee dads. Why doesnt Eric say we should make it cool for black men to stay married with one women as opposed to fathering multiple children with different women and not help raise them? These kids then take to the streets and adopt the “thug life” culture. But fixing the problem at the source may not be possible and not politically correct. So instead, lets shift the burden on “society” to make guns “uncool” so that maybe these young thugs will take up something safer like basket weaving…

• cajunkelly says:

Au contraire! Check out the new series coming to the Oxygen Network.

All My Babies’ Mommas
        One male rapper has ELEVEN children from ten different women.

They celebrate this “lifestyle”. I imagine they’d tell you it’s a “culture thang”.

• Sharon says:

Then there is absolutely no reason for a single one of them to mock the history of the Mormon church, which at one time allowed multiple marriages. They are playing at bigamy by astoundingly deliberate immorality on all fronts.

If they’re not in favor having one man being able to legally be married to ten women at a time, they’re just hypocrites. I hate that this has the visibility it does. The Ten Commandments, the Word of God, the TRUTH makes mincemeat of every one of these ungodly fools, and it’s a nightmare that what is good and true has become so debatable that this garbage gets favorable publicity.

I first heard it in the 70’s, and I’ll repeat it now: If God doesn’t judge the United States of America, He’s going to have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah. Word.