You keep hearing *them* in the gun control movement use the term “no-one is saying that” in regard to complete gun confiscation. Why? Because they need to seem more moderate than the argument they support. Yes, indeed people are saying that…. yes.
Essentially… The Last Refuge (Treehouse) position has been sharing information, and connecting dots about gun control, based on historical research references into the ideological goals of the progressive left surrounding President Obama.
While we each have individual opinions on all the various aspects of gun ownership, that point, meaning our opinion, is essentially moot in regard to sharing this information. The aspect we share is predictive in nature – meaning:
- ‘who are they’
- ‘what are they doing’
- ‘why are they doing it’, and…
- ‘what they will do’.
The economy, jobs, homelessness, hunger, inflationary impact of a diminished dollar, housing, energy costs, the price of gasoline, burdensome tax rates and a nation in financial crisis are irrelevant to President Obama. FIRST, ACCEPT THAT. They do not care about that stuff – it is an annoyance and irrelevant to the “why” behind their goals.
They deal with those “annoyances” like swatting away gnats. To the extent they are trying to get more time to focus on the stuff that is more important. Remember this key truth:
We do that which is important to us…
Meaning, by human nature, and absent of outside pressure to leverage behavior, given options of activity – we exert energy only on those things we find of value. “What” we value is based on our upbringing and compass points – or goals. “Actions speak louder than words” is a historically wise saying that reflects the same concept.
This is a baseline that must be clearly understood if you are to engage in understanding what lay ahead regarding “gun control” and the progressive ideology.
In the 1990’s President Clinton had two major attempts at massive ideological progress for Fabian Socialists, or modern-day progressives. Healthcare reform, spearheaded by First Lady Clinton – which failed miserably, and Gun Control – Which passed as the “Assault Weapons Ban” but only with a 10 year sunset provision. Then his penis caused all the problems.
Fast forward to absentee Senator Obama 06’/07′ who became President Obama. The same rookie players who Clinton had are at work within this Obama administration only all grown up, smarter, more manipulative and well-studied on bypassing congressional roadblocks. In addition they are now colleagues with even more radical Alinskyites in the mold of the Weather Underground types created from within the bowels of the Center for American Progress, the modern (Fabian socialist) progressive think tank.
The big “gets” which define the goals of modern Progressives (the Fabian Socialists) are: (1) Control of Healthcare (2) Control of Finance, Banking and Treasury aspects. (3) Control of Energy use/production. (4) Control of Food supply/production. (5) Control of citizenry [meaning gun control] to insure that all prior controls are not reversed, and there are no consequences for their behaviors. [gallows control]
- 1. = Obamacare
- 2. = Dodd/Frank, and Consumer Protection Agency (Elizabeth Warren brainchild)
- 3. = Environmental Protection Agency overreach – regulation.
- 4. = Environmental Protection Agency overreach – regulation. Farm Bills.
- 5. = ? Currently TBD
When you understand the “goal” you can see the “approach”. Everything taking place, all the people being moved around, every position being filled, is with the specifics of the longer goals in mind.
Pay attention to the language they use, and the pressure tests they use with “trial balloons”, or intentional leaks. Within the leaks you see their moves; and that narrows their options.
- Jan 9th : “There are executives orders, there’s executive action that can be taken. We haven’t decided what that is yet.
- Jan 8th : The NRA is an “ideological fringe” group
- Jan 3rd : I guarantee you, we’ll get it done by the end of January
- Jan 2nd : We will move “quickly”
- Dec. 30th: “Guns Make us less safe” – “America agrees with me”
- Dec. 26th: “Day One, Bill One” – “Ban Guns” (registered or confiscated)
- Dec. 20th: Obama/Biden Pledge: “end private sales of used firearms”.
- Dec. 18th: Obama Promise: Creation of “No gun list” similar to “No fly list”.
- Dec. 17th: Gun Ban will be “first bill, on first day, of new session”
- Dec. 16th: Eric Holder - you really need to rethink the term “freedom” and “firearms”.
- Why ask NRA to visit White House if legislation already written?
- Why ask Wal-Mart and Dicks Sporting Goods to White House?
- Why is CNN trotting out the most whacko of all gun control whacknuts “Alex Jones”? …
- Why is Jack Lew the primary candidate for Treasury Sec?
These are rhetorical questions because you already know the answers.