01-06 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

Use this thread as an open thread just for Zimmerman Case stuff. A place to just dump, collect, or discuss general information about the Trayvon Martin VS George Zimmerman Case.

REMINDER – Please WATCH THE TONE and CONTENT of Commentary. Please be respectful, courteous and considerate of other readers and contributors. Please avoid hatespeak, angry rhetoric, vulgarity, personal attacks and condescension. If you wish to engage in vitriolic, racist, or bitter angry rhetoric, there are alternative sites on the internet more than welcoming to such considerations. But not here. Thank You.

About these ads
This entry was posted in George Zimmerman Open Thread, Trayvon Martin, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

110 Responses to 01-06 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

1. rumpole2 says:

Daily Daft Posts from Justarse Quest

Hypocricy:
    Those who complain about their sewer posts being spied on do exactly that
    themselves with posts from CTH.
    (There only posting nowadays is to comment on stuff they spy on here or on RZ’s twitter

Denial:
    As soon as they saw discussion here about 7-11 bag, they went into denial mode.

Random Topics

• ejarra says:

I also see that they deny Georgie’s DNA was found on Mr. Martin’s cuffs nor knew that it was the WalMart white bag that was used during CPR. I guess they never read the 284 page evidence pdf.

• raiikun says:

Well first let me preface this with saying that I don’t put any stock into the plastic wrapped knuckles theory. There just really isn’t much to support it, and really, it feels like it’s looking for an explanation for something that’s already explained.

There’s absolutely nothing about the results in regards to Trayvon’s hands that are damaging to George’s story in any way, shape or form, and the fact that there are people still claiming that “Trayvon never hit George” shows how delusional they are. Even the prosecutor has acknowledged that Trayvon hit George. They’re going off on wild theories and tangents that will never see the inside of a courtroom.

But, even though the plastic wrapped knuckle idea probably won’t see the inside of a courtroom either, there’s nothing wrong with advancing ideas, speculation, and so forth. Sometimes following up on it leads to something, sometimes not.

Where the Traynuts err, is they act like their theories and tangents have any weight to them, when it’s obvious they don’t. Anytime an expert in the field has spoken out, they’ve refuted their absurdities 100% but they still cling to them desperately. They claim DNA proves Trayvon never hit George…but multiple DNA experts have said the DNA doesn’t disprove George’s claim. They say forensics prove Trayvon wasn’t on top of George, yet a forensics expert explains that the forensics is consistent with Trayvon leaning over George as the shot was fired. And so on.

One of the most hilarious twitter comments I’d seen was someone claiming that they can’t wait until BDLR proves in court that Trayvon never hit George….AFTER BDLR already had said Trayvon hit George.

Agreed.
        I never said the 7-11 bag/knuckles idea was a FACT, and neither did anybody else here or at RT.
        But it was a NEW IDEA to me….. and worthy of consideration.
        What we see at JQ is the dismissal of an idea without any consideration. They are basically just continuing to blindly deny anything that suggests TM did anything.. he is after all, a little boy on his way home from the store with candy for his little brother.

• diwataman says:

I’ve always considered the other sides ideas. It’s true though I sometimes scoff and laugh at first to some of what comes out of the other side but I still give it consideration. I’m sure for some of them it’s the same way, though they won’t mention it publicly. It’s difficult for them to do so because they are so ideologically entrenched that it becomes more about themselves rather than the story or the case in that they know they’ll be quickly shamed back into the proper position.

• jello333 says:

Sometimes I can’t believe just how crazy those people get in some of their arguments and attacks…. they just appear to be blindly flailing around, trying to hurt as many people as they can in the process. But then I stop for a second and I realize what’s going on. These people are watching the whole case crumble before their eyes… everything they believe, everything they care about is being deconstructed and dismissed one point at a time. So the anger, the DENIAL that all that is occurring… well, it’s turning them into a raving, hateful lynch mob. (Others who have known them for awhile might argue that this isn’t a recent development… I don’t know.)

I respectfully disagree :D
              To them NOTHING is crumbling. They do actually believe that GZ is guilty and will be found guilty at trial.
              I’d like to think I am (or at least was) open to taking note of all the evidence, and I formed my opinions on the case on that basis.
              To me, what I see in “them” is a reluctance to take on board evidence that contradicts their position (denial). We see it time and time again with Trolls who come here and pretend to have genuine questions (all be it already answered many times).. people like Chip take the time to answer them, but instead of accepting that, or discussing it further, they DENY out of hand, and then launch into personal attacks of George, his associates, and posters here. It shows their true nature I think….. it seems Trolls can only maintain a disguise for a very short period.

• rumpole2 says:

Mind you they also totally believe: tha GZ is……
                “white” in a negative way
                A racist
                Fat
                A pathological liar
                A sociopath
                A paedophile
                He has an anger problem
                He is a Misogynist
                A wannabe cop
                He has trouble with authority
                etc etc etc

It is the fact that they do really believe all this with no evidence to support it that is the scary part.

If they were just “faking it”… didn’t really believe it… just wanted GZ to be punished for whatever reason ,but knew none of that stuff was true, it would make more sense.

• diwataman says:

I think a lot of it is based on their perception of Trayvon rather than George. They were just as rabid before a fuller picture of George and the facts emerged, George just filled the generic roll of Joe Schmo white guy but Trayvon was the little innocent 12 year old black boy just getting tea and skittles whose murder would have been swept under the white tyrannous rug of oppression if they didn’t speak out. For them to go back now is to accept that and play part of the white mans oppression of the black man. It’s more about that than the case itself.

• rumpole2 says:

I don’t disagree with you at all.
                  If I think back to when this was just a news story that I barely paid attention to…
                  My impression was small child on his way home with candy….. and black …so I thought likely a racial component. Those basics must have got to me barely paying attention.
                  The Scheme Team did a “good” job.

• jello333 says:

You may be right. But if so, that makes their behavior even scarier than under my scenario.

• libby says:

Five minutes or less is the average time it takes for the trayvonite trolls to show their racism

Jello,
              I would also like to respectfully disagree, IN PART.
              The tide is turning slightly, imo, ever so slightly, but nowhere near enough for the judge to be able to drop the case (as every prior judge should already have done).

• howie says:

It may be soon as the defense turns up the heat. The state and Crump will be looking for escape routes.

• jello333 says:

Yeah, that’s exactly how I feel. I do NOT believe the state will just suddenly decide to drop the whole thing out of the kindness of their hearts… that they suddenly realize what they’re doing is wrong and immoral. Nope. But I DO believe that once they and their buddies are in the line of fire, THEN they’ll try to find a way to drop it. And I, too, think that’s gonna happen as soon as certain people, esp. Crump and Dee Dee, are forced into the daylight.

• Chip Bennett says:

Sometimes I think they are being punked. They come up with the wildest theories.

I know, right? It’s like a little cockatoo is twittering in our ear, giving us all these cockamamie theories.

• rumpole2 says:

Yes…. pot calling the kettle black…. but lets not go all racialiss :D

I don’t think any of the alpha cretin contenders at JQ are actually being ironic/”punking” the mob at JQ… none of them are bright enough to pull that off. But if you read there with that in mind …. just imagine what a huge joke it would be when the “Gotcha” was sprung :D

• jello333 says:

They’re just angry that we pointed out that they had the most important aspect of the cockatoo theory wrong. For the longest time, they claimed it was a white-crested. But after we here researched it, and discovered that the bird was in fact a Goffin…. well, that’s when they REALLY started to hate us.

2. A couple of interesting articles this week relating to bullet stopping power and self-defense:

Why Does Anybody Need a 30-Round Magazine?

….The classic .38 caliber revolver, with a capacity of six rounds, was the standard sidearm of the United States Army during the Moro insurrection in the Philippines. The Army found at least one dead Army officer with an empty sidearm, and his head split open by a machete or similar weapon. They also found the soldier’s killer, who had finally bled to death. Six rounds of .38 were therefore not enough to convince even one determined attacker…..

Georgia woman protects herself and 9-year old twins in home invasion:

…..But the man eventually found the family. “The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he’s staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver,” [Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman] told Channel 2’s Kerry Kavanaugh. The woman then shot him five times, but he survived, Chapman said. He said the woman ran out of bullets but threatened to shoot the intruder if he moved.
    “She’s standing over him, and she realizes she’s fired all six rounds. And the guy’s telling her to quit shooting,” Chapman said…..

This one was from 2010, as Sybrina Fulton would say, “Just a kid…” 17-year old arrested for home invasion:

• LouDaJew says:

I’ll go to Sybrina’s face and tell her that she knew Kit Darrant was Trayvon’s best friend. Kit’s mom told many people what kind of disrespectful kid he was, and that he was best friends with Trayvon. Of course, she didn’t want Kit around Trayvon because Trayvon was TROUBLE. she told many people that Trayvon always used profanity, and was overall disrespectful. Once the narrative about Kit gets out, Sybrina will be exposed. Why is she sealing his school records in the first place??? Sybrina is living a LIE.

I’d like to ask Trayvon defenders one question. What kind of 17 year old gets a tattoo on his wrist with his mom’s name? that was just one of Trayvon’s poor decisions along with the 3 suspensions which I can tell you are not for the reasons they claim to be. students don’t get suspended for being tardy.

Lou,
        I been looking for articles that detail how kit’s mom didnt want him hanging with trayvon…see any of those by chance?
        (fingers crossed in anticipation)

• LouDaJew says:

his mom told a lot of people (friends, neighbors). it’s not reported in the news, but if a reporter wants the truth they would interview Kit in jail. that would break the whole perception of Trayvon up to a new level. his mom was murdered so nobody could ask her personally. if she were alive, I’d interview her personally, but Kit murdered her soon after the incident involving Trayvon.

• mcfyre2012 says:

“students don’t get suspended for being tardy.”

Students don’t get 10 day (2 week) suspensions for minor issues. Trayvon received THREE 10 day suspensions in a SIX month time frame. (That’s SIX WEEKS of suspension time.)

• LouDaJew says:

it was originally posted that he was only suspended once for 5 days by a teacher named Michelle Kypriss. she sho uld be held accountable for her lie. if she didn’t know why Trayvon was suspended she should have kept her mouth shut.

• LittleLaughter says:

Reading that article, it seems to me that the statements made about who Trayvon was, were all based on an earlier time in his life. To say that Trayvon was “just learning about girls,” is in direct conflict with his own twitter remarks, (which were laced with foul language, derogatory terms for women, and clearly he had already “learned about girls”). To say Trayvon was not violent is also in direct conflict with his tweets and videos, where fighting and violence was glorified. None of those people seemed to know the true Trayvon at the time of his death. And many were just out right lying. For those who perhaps believed the aeronautics aspirations still applied to 17 yr old Trayvon, it is sad. It is sad because clearly, no one was paying Trayvon any attention at all by the time he died. He died alone, having been brushed aside as an after thought to the people in his life who should have been minding the store, so to speak. Had these people tended to Trayvon, perhaps at least one on them could have diffused his gangsta lifestyle early on. Trayvon was someone’s responsibility, but no one wanted that responsibility. They just passed him off on others and left him to himself. Tracey and Sabryna get no sympathy from me. Dispicable excuse for parents.

• hooson1st says:

LDJ:

Do you have any url’s that can show that Kit’s mom said that Kit was best friends with TM? thanks.

• MJW says:

Until I see actual evidence, I’ll dismiss the Kit Darrant/Trayvon Martin connection as an unsubstantiated rumor. They went to the same school, so people naturally try to link them. Those who clam they were best friends obviously got that information somewhere. Where? From a friend of a friend? Where is a tweet or Facebook posting from Martin mentioning his best buddy Durrant, or vice versa? I’m not saying they couldn’t have been friends, but I was born not far from Missouri.

• eastern2western says:

mama sabrina will say that is just a kid being a kid and all kids his age would had done something similar.

• Knuckledraggingwino says:

About 22 years ago I had a confrontation with group of trespassers on my farm who were harvestingcommercial quantities of hallucinogenic mushrooms. I recognized two of them as people who had threatened to return an “kick my ass” when I confronted them the previous day. It turned out that they had three friends hiding in the brush to ambush me. I told them, “there are five of you but seventeen rounds in my Glock. Let’s party.”. They chose to leave.

3. raiikun says:

Oh, and since I saw mention that there are at least a couple D&D players here…we’ve been playtesting what will become 5th edition D&D, and I have this habit as the DM to make silly references to various characters, events, etc. (When Diablo 3 was nearing release, I had a Deckard Cain type NPC for instance…mostly easter egg type references).

So…soon the group will be coming across a sub-boss type encounter…”DeeDee the Grass Whisperer”, which will take place in complete darkness, where she uses the grass to both locate and hinder the players. =)

LOVE IT! Deedee will be so proud

• jello333 says:

How cool! And that reminds me… I’m gonna have to get back into D&D again. I don’t suppose they’ve taken my advice, and are gonna change the binding of the books, are they? I’ve been suggesting for a LONG time that they need to go with (or at least offer) spiral bindings.

(Hey, and any admin or someone who can do a deep search here: Can you check to find the first reference here to “grass whisperer”?)

4. ottawa925 says:

I guess the question is: What world are THEY living in that they do not acknowledge that kids/teens commit crimes? For them the typical vision of a black tween/teen is sitting on a stoop dressed like Little Lord Fauntleroy licking a lollipop with a glowing HALO over their head.

This kid gets it:

This kid doesn’t:

5. LouDaJew says:

Michelle Kypriss should be held accountable for her lie.
    Trayvon was under a five-day suspension when he was shot that Sunday night, but Kypriss said it was due to tardiness and not misbehavior.

“Trayvon was not a violent or dangerous child. He was not known for misbehaving,” the teacher said. “He was suspended because he was late too many times.”

• justfactsplz says:

If he was suspended only for tardiness they would not have sealed his records. There is more to it and they don’t won’t it to get out.

• MJW says:

I sure this has been discussed before, since the information comes from a Conservative Treehouse page, but Martin had already told a girl he knew at at Krop that he was leaving the school. Following Martin’s death, Roselyn Zarate tweeted:

When youh told me youh was leaving krop i got sad , but i always thought i was gonna see youh again . Now this happens .

I doubt she was talking about his leaving for a two week suspension.

• libby says:

Kid’s who get three ten day suspensions in one year often get EXPELLED.
        Kid’s who punch a bus driver in the face for no god reason often get expelled also, but as we now know, the miami school police were eager to mislabel trayvon’s thuggery.
        I have zero proof, but I am pretty sure he was expelled from his prior school, too.

• ejarra says:

“I sure this has been discussed before, since the information comes from a Conservative Treehouse page, but Martin had already told a girl he knew at at Krop that he was leaving the school.”

I can verify that. Several months ago, back when I was trying to find out who DD1 was, I came across several tweets from multiple girls who mentioned his moving away. These were from the end on Jan. ’12 to about his birthday. Although Sanford was not mentioned, it sounded like that was where he was going. My assumption was that he and his father where planning on moving in with Brandi.

6. mung says:

I am going to ask in my class on Wednesday, but does anyone here know the Florida CWP laws enough to know the details about the bar rules? One of my reasons for carrying is that I play in a band and am often loading up my equipment behind bars after closing. Frankly I am surprised no one I know has ever been confronted before. We usually have cash in our pockets from the gig, we have valuable equipment and an open door to the back of the bar. Anyway. Since you are not allowed to carry in a bar, would you be allowed to carry in a bar after hours?

• LetJusticePrevail says:

From FL Statute 790.06 (12) (a)

12. Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;

Since the statute does NOT mention business hours, I would *assume* that a State Attorney *could* (and probably WOULD) charge you if you were found to have carried a weapon into such an establishment.

It MIGHT be allowable for you to be OUTSIDE the actual establishment (perhaps standing guard by the door or the vehicle while you load your equipment) BUT I would not *count on it*. It may be possible for you to be charged *anyway* if the law allows them to expand the definition of “An portion of an establishment” to INCLUDE the parking areas.

I am not a lawyer and do NOT have the qualifications to advise you about this.

You CAN ask your instructor, but (if this is TRULY important to you) I would seek the advice of a qualified attorney who specializes in firearms possession charges. Even cops can be wrong about what a prosecutor will or will not do.

• howie says:

Gun’s and alcohol do not mix.

• EyeGore481 says:

I don’t know about in the bar. But you should be able to carry in the parking lot.

In September last year and on the other side of Orlando from Sanford, a raggae musican was found dead in his car in the hotel parking lot. He had finished a gig at the hotel that night.

• maggiemoowho says:

When I took the class we were told that you are not allowed to carry your weapon at a bar or the bar area of a restaurant. So, if you go to a restaurant like TGI fridays that has a separate bar, you can carry your weapon as long as your just sitting at a table eating, but you can’t sit at the bar or be in that area.

7. eastern2western says:

the conversation between these three lawyers have disputed all claims of the army of trayvonites
    1) following can not be use as a legal cause of deadly forces. yes, even if zimmerman were following martin, which is perfectly legal, trayvon martin had to right to beat him till he was 45 percent covered in blood.
    2) usage of deadly force should only be use as a last option. If there was a way to escape, the victim should escaped before having to use the deadly force. In this case, zimmerman had every right to used his gun because he was trapped under martin’s legs and had no way of escaping. even if zimmerman were the initial aggressor, trayvon should had stopped once he had the upper hand and just stopped the fight. By continueing with his punches, martin turned from a victim to an aggressor.
    3) It is always the prosecution that must prove the case beyond reasonable doubts. currently, there are plenty of doubts in this case, but trayvonites still believe this mountain of evidence is actually going to prosecute zimmerman which is a delusional conclusion.
    4) good luck with their accomplices theory, cgi theory, police conspiracy theory and racist theory because none of their theories are sticking and they are just making conspiracies as the case progresses.

• libby says:

2) as you know, GZ WAITED to employ deadly force.
      martin was never a victim of anything other than parental neglect.
      the length of the beat down of GZ and the severity of the injuries go way beyond simple assault (to full blown attempted muder).

Thanks E2W
      It does date back to 20th April 2012.
      They were generally discussing things reasonably, BUT…..
      They STILL have the situation WRONG and believe GZ was…..

TOLD TO NOT GET OUT OF HIS TRUCK *Sigh*

The host described the situation correctly (GZ told “you don’t need to do that” AFTER he was out of his truck.. but the analysts persist with “GZ was told to not get out of his truck”
      This is not just a mistake, clearly…. it is wilfully stating that critical piece of the narrative WRONGLY!!
      I do wonder WHY they would do this so blatantly??

• eastern2western says:

but one of the lawyers also said a person is not required to follow a direct order from the operator. even if zimmerman did defy a direct order from the operator, he broke no law and still did not justified a beating. these three lawyers all agree that it is always who ininitiated the physical contact matters more than zimmerman ignoring a direct order from an operator. I am just bringing up this video to dispute the narrative of justic for trayvon inc. they claim that zimmerman had no right of self defense because he was the initial aggressor. If their narrative were proven true, then martin also had no right to trap zimmerman under his legs and kept pounding his head to the cement for a minute and half till the gun because martin had turned from a victim to an aggressor by using excessive forces.

• howie says:

Waking around on your own property to check out a prowler is not aggressive behavior. Besides the operator asked him to let the operator know where he went.

• eastern2western says:

I am writing it under the assumption that the prosecution could some how prove zimmerman was the initial aggressor, he still retain the right of self defense once trayvon overpowered him and started beating him.

• howie says:

1. Zimmerman was never told not to get out of his car.
              2. Zimmerman was already out of his car when told “we don’t need you to do that.”
              3, Zimmerman said OK and headed back to his car.
              4. Prior to getting out of his car the operator tols Zimmerman to let them know where Martin went.
              5. Even the police say that Martin was the aggressor.
              6. There is zero evidence to contradict anything Zimmerman has said. Even if there are slight differences in his many statements and re-enactments.
              7. The state evidence all exonerates Zimmerman unless they have evidence that I am not aware of.
              8. These lawyers are not up to speed on the evidence.

• lovemygirl says:

I’ve had people even admit they were wrong about something and then a day later turn around and spout the same lies.

That is the norm.
          I used to spend a LOT of time citing references from the 10’s of thousands of pages of Discovery in the Casey Anthony case. I often made points backed by page reference, screen shots with red circles and arrows pointing to critical facts…. it usually had no lasting effect at all.

• jello333 says:

But I bet you didn’t notice the seeing-eye dog sitting next to them.

• rumpole2 says:

They are not blind… they see what I write… I did taking to “testing” them… making sure they got it.
              But is as if their “mental cookies” were cleared each time they logged off… all data lost by the time they logged back on. :D

• jello333 says:

It’s just that your comment about all the details you put into your work, reminded me of Arlo:

“We walked in, sat down. Obie came in with the 27 8×10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one. Sat down. Man came in said, ‘All rise.’ We all stood up, and Obie stood up with the 27 8×10 color glossy pictures, and the judge walked in sat down with a seeing eye dog. And he sat down, we sat down. Obie looked at the seeing eye dog, and then at the 27 8×10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one, and looked at the seeing eye dog. And then at 27 8×10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one… and he began to cry.”

• rumpole2 says:

It was in the back of my mind… but I missed your allusion to it…. I need to listen again :D

• jello333 says:

Arlo was 19 when he wrote that. NINETEEN. Jesus….

• rumpole2 says:

It must have been out a few years by the time I heard it? I was about 19 myself.

• jello333 says:

And he’s just as cool as he ever was. Well, at least was in the late 90s, haven’t heard from him much since. Anyway, we were in Seattle at Bumbershoot. It’s an annual multi-day music and arts festival. Some of the acts are outside, some are inside. Arlo’s was inside, and so lots of people couldn’t get in. It’s all free (once you pay the very low daily price to get into the festival), but of course the indoor stuff is still first-come-first-served. So there were hundreds of people still waiting to get into the arena when they announced it was at capacity. So people started to drift away, but then one of the stage-hands came out and said… “Arlo knows that a bunch of you couldn’t get in. So he said to come back in a couple hours and he’ll do something out here.” Very cool. And very Harry Chapin-esque.

Got a spare 18 minutes?

• libby says:

I try to listen to this song every year on thankgiving.
                    Not only that; I tried to torture my wife for the first ten years of our marriage by making her listen to this song every year on thanksgiving. I wasnt tryign to torture her, but I felt the song was very indicative of something about the American spirit (doesnt hurt that I lived in taxachussetts for quite some time), thanksgiving, war protesting, etc.
                    my wife did not grow up in this country and it seemd like this song elucidated something about the american spirit.

• libby says:

EVERY judge in this case seems to be BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.
                ooops, my mental cookies got cleared…..yuk yuk….crackin me up all da time you fellas and ladies be doin

• eastern2western says:

some times I even read that zimmerman should had just taking that beating because martin had every right to kick his ass for calling 911. that is just pure street justice.

8. dexter says:

Frederick Leatherman is at it again. He doesn’t appear to understand the reason GZ didn’t swell up due to the repeated blows by TM is because GZ was on inflammatory medication for his sacroilliitis. When you sustain an injury, the body throws water at it, thus the swelling, but the medication would prevent it. Of course, GZ’s health problems would make it difficult to run.

• mung says:

Doesn’t matter if he swelled or not. I take great offence to anyone judging the amount of damage acceptable prior to George taking that shot.

• raiikun says:

George’s head was so swollen up that Detective Singleton actually asked him if that was the normal shape of his head. She then pointed out the following day during the reenactment how much the swelling had gone down.

• dexter says:

The reason I bought it up, was my father’s presurgery knee would swell up, they gave him medication, and the swelling quickly, within a few hours, went down.

• arkansasmimi says:

I have stated it here before. My dtr when she was 17 got her nose broke at a fast pitch softball practice. NO SWELLING, NO blood, no black eye, EVEN AFTER SURGERY. And at the ER and the ENT, neither one did an XRAY. Only felt around to see that the eye socket was still in place. I do feel blessed for her. So because of this, I do personally believe GZ.

9. raiikun says:

So, Frances Robles once interviewed four DNA experts, all who agreed that the DNA results does not prove the prosecution’s case…and Leatherman’s response is simply “They’re wrong.”

Of course, he’s long had a habit of just denying any evidence that proves him wrong (which is, well, most of it.)

10. lovemygirl says:

I noticed Leatherman was talking about Jury Nullification. He was explaining that a white racist jury might let George walk even with the “overwhelming” evidence against him. Maybe they are preparing for a GZ victory and want something to blame it on?

• kathyca says:

Little doubt about that. Even the crappiest of (former) attorneys has to see that handwriting on the wall.

• eastern2western says:

basically, he said it will take a racist jury to aquit zimmerman.

• libby says:

and as diwataman suggests, the trayvonites are hoping for a racist jury to convict GZ despite evidence to the contrary.
        just cuz GZ isnt a racist doesnt mean this case isnt about racism. it is just a case about black racism

• diwataman says:

Yeah well it cuts both ways. The prosecutor could present a horrible case which the defense destroys and a black jury finds him guilty anyway.

As a matter of fact if this poll is any indicator, and I think we know regardless, George has a much higher likelihood to be found unjustly guilty from a black jury than unjustly not guilty from a white jury.

“Only 6 percent of black voters believe Zimmerman was acting in self-defense, while 82 percent said he was not, the poll found. Hispanics were the most likely to agree with Zimmerman’s self-defense claim, with 52 percent saying he was justified, compared to 50 percent of whites.”

LMG,
      Technicality.
      George is technically INNOCENT.
      And that shall be the technicality that gets him off despite the threats of thug riots.
      they are planting the seeds right now for how this ends (they know it will end).
      leatherface isnt as dumb as he pretends to be on his blog.

11. nate says:

A recent former tenant of mine stopped by recently. He had been savagely beaten by three young black men for his laptop. His offense was not concealing the laptop in a case. He lost his job. His relationship with his girlfriend is on the rocks. He used to be a defender of Trayvon Martin. Now he has a dent in his head. His heart stopped. An outrageous medical bill. I had to ask him would he have shot them if he had a gun. We all know what his answer is. :-)

• eastern2western says:

mama sabrina will just say that is just kids being kids and any one their age would had done it already. she tends to use that statement to defend all activities of trayvon, legal or not.

• LouDaJew says:

when I was 17, I was already serving in the military. it makes me sick how the media keeps talking about him being only a kid. in the Jewish religion at 13, you are aman and have to remember and read hundreds of pages in a foreign language reading the Torah. I guess some blacks never grow up, and can’t even read English, and think it’s cool to walk around dressed like a thug.. the thug culture is ruining America.

• LouDaJew says:

knowing your rights, but not knowing your responsibility is common for young African Americans today.

Lou,
          the farther we go back in history, they did everything sooner cuz they didnt live as long than they do today at a time when folks live longer and longer.
          when the average person lived only forty years, we wouldnt expect folks to be having many kids when they were forty.
          Now that we have folks living to be sixty, eighty and a hundred, there is more and more delay to society calling a child an adult. adollscence has been extended, significantly.
          Delaying the entry to adulthood makes sense when i see extended lifespans, but glorifying thug culture makes no sense at all.
          A Jewish boy becomes a man at 13. very few folks let their kids marry at that age, i have found.

Princss, huh?

Pricss6
          A vocal cretin at JQ and tweet bitch… part of the Bigboithegog tweet pack.

• jello333 says:

Oh yeah, I know who she is. And I’m pretty certain she’s the same Princss that’s been at Daily Kos for years. The same one who, with a bunch of her buddies, constantly accused me and many of my friends of being “racists”… mainly because we criticize (often very harshly) Obama. Oh, and one of my “racist” friends just happens to be a white guy married to a black girl. Yeah, there’s a lot of racism in the GZ/TM case, just as there was/is a lot of racism at Daily Kos. And that racism flows straight from the likes of Princss and her ilk.

• libby says:

I was raised to be very open minded and open to all people. I also lived in some neighborhoods where white faces were hard to find, from a young age.
      I stopped taking the bus to high school as soon as I was able (because most of the kids on the bus were black and they regularly refused to give white kids a seat).
      Only a few white kids took the bus that I did (that was mostly AA folks) and they felt the same treatment as I, though they came from more afluent parents. They were given a car while I had to drive a small motorscooter (in new england winters).
      I much preferred riding my tiny motorscooter 7 or more miles to school than to have to beg for seat on the bus twice every day.
      I was first robbed (for a ten speed bike) back in high school by some folks not of my ethnicity (AA); the bike wasnt mine so i had to repay the owner of the bike. I still travelled in circles that involved african americans even when i no longer needed to (when I was able to avoid them entirely, I chose not to remove myself completely from their communitites). I might not live in their communities, but i wouldnt avoid them altogether.
      a friend of mine has a new girlfriend (asian) and she is easily intimidated by young black youths. he tells her she shouldnt be afraid. they arent really gonna attack her, they are merely menacing her to instill fear, they arent really gonna hurt her.
      I coudlnt stand my buddy telling her that she need to ignroe her instincts to avoid folks who are deliberately tryign to employ menacing attitudes and postures.
      I felt like he was setting her up for some kind of victimhood.
      Just cuz they are deliberately menacing doesnt mean they are bad kids?

• jello333 says:

“they aren’t really gonna attack her, they are merely menacing her to instill fear, they aren’t really gonna hurt her.”

You should remind your friend that anyone who acts like that (regardless of color/race) has ALREADY done something to “hurt her”. If it’s done in a serious enough manner, It’s called ASSAULT… and that’s a CRIME.

• Sha says:

Libby: Sorry……. that happened to you. You where right to not wont your friend to discourage that young lady from using her instincts when someone scares her because instincts will keep you alive. When I was younger I was a mean thing because of where I grew up and I didn’t care what color you where if you got in my face there was gonna be a fight . Thank goodness I always had my brother , if more than one jumped, both me and my brother would go at it with them . I got my butt beat plenty of times and would still fight them again if they got back in my face. Some of my friends use to tell me I was blacker than they where…… I said what does that mean? They would laugh and say you wont back down……You have heart. I would say Heck no I don’t ! I was scared and trying to fight my way out of there he…. he……

12. arkansasmimi says:

Whew I think I am caught up from the 2nd lol Been so busy glad nothing happening this week except getting a New Granddaughter :) Taking laptop with me, so I can keep up! Miss you all muches!

• justfactsplz says:

Congratulations on the new granddaughter. How exciting. I have four of them and remember when they were born like it was yesterday. The oldest is 11 and the youngest is seven now. Also have four grandsons ages seven to fifteen.

• arkansasmimi says:

Aww I have 3 grandsons, 7, 3 and just turned 16 mo old. First granddtr. I have 2 dtrs :) gonna be fun!

• dmoseylou says:

I have one grandson, barely 4 y/o. The joy of my life. He is my only grandchild. He will always be my only grandchild. The Good Lord so richly blessed us with this child after praying for 9 years for His miracle of Life. I give all praise and glory to God that He gave us this most precious child. I rejoice with you at the birth of your grandaughter. May your lives be filled with much laughter, and joy, and love as you hold her and love her.

• arkansasmimi says:

dmoseylou, THANK YOU and Justfactsplz too. Whom ever put the GRAND first surley knew what they were doing huh! Gonna be a fun one at my dtrs house :) she has the 7 and 16 mo olds. Husb military, and will be deploying again in 3 yrs and they decided to have another close if it was in GODS will. I am so Thankful and blessed beyond measure :) Thank you again! And we sure have been blessed with laughter… Kids say the darnedest things! :)

• Sha says:

Ark : Congratulations ! I hope baby and mom are o.k. After my two sons and my 4 extra boys I finally got a Grantdaughter she’s 1 1/2 and that special bond is there already… I tell her Na Na has been waiting her whole life for her….. She already knows she has my heart :D ( You should see all those half grown boys of mine and the grown ones letting her rule the house it’s so funny …… )

13. arkansasmimi says:

ROFLMBO!!! They (Leatherheads) were trashing the CTH and this is in her comments! Made me laugh sooo hard. HOW STUPID!!!
    *****************
    Malisha says:
    January 6, 2013 at 9:40 pm
    …….. I would like the Skittles Company and the iced tea company to join in a corporate charitable effort to defend Trayvon Martin’s reputation and to teach, in schools, “The Wrongness and Dishonor of Victim-Blaming.” The joint (both companies) committee that funds the project should invite other confection and beverage companies to contribute to the project, and put a little “seal” on their products to show they participate. Children should be encouraged to check for that “seal” before spending their discretionary money on treats.