…Aaand, They’re Off – 10 Gun Bills on Day One….

The Gates were loaded, the horn sounded, and the Progressive race to restrict gun ownership has begun…..    Leading the first furlong we have Carolyn McCarthy, followed closely by Bobby Rush and Rush Holt;  as they head toward turn one Sheila Jackson Lee breaks out the whip, but Jim Moran is also digging in his heals…..  giddy up’….

WASHINGTON DC - Members of the 113th Congress introduced 10 bills on Thursday relating to gun violence, most of which came from Democrats seeking new restrictions on gun ownership.

gun_controlThe flurry of legislative proposals show that members are likely to push the issue in the wake of the December shooting at a Connecticut elementary school that left 20 children dead.

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), whose husband was shot to death in 1993, introduced four of the bills. The congresswoman has vowed to seek changes in federal law in response to the school shooting.

H.R. 137 and 138 from McCarthy would require people prohibited from buying firearms to be listed in a national database, and would prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition clips.

McCarthy’s H.R. 141 would require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions at gun shows, which would close the so-called gun-show loophole. Her H.R. 142 would require face-to-face purchases of ammunition, the licensing of ammunition dealers, and the reporting of bulk ammo purchases.

Rep. Bobby Rush (D-Ill.) and Rush Holt (D-N.J.) each proposed their own bills tightening firearms licensing requirements — H.R. 34 and H.R. 117, respectively. And Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) proposed H.R. 65, which would raise the eligibility age to carry a handgun from 18 to 21.

Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) reintroduced his bill, H.R. 21, to require background checks for all gun sales, and to require gun owners to report when their guns have been stolen. Moran argued in December that while the National Rifle Association objects to these changes, members of the powerful group support them.  (read more)

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, A New America, Dem Hypocrisy, Potus Gun Ban, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

74 Responses to …Aaand, They’re Off – 10 Gun Bills on Day One….

1. NuclearFishin' says:

Solution:
    Massive non-compliance.

2. Joseph Keesling says:

They all need to be put out of the congress… They don’t understand that the 2nd amendment is to protect us against THEM! Joseph Keesling

Sent from my iPhone

• Coast says:

Exactly…hopefully “the people” will understand that concept. I don’t really care if Congress doesn’t get it, but the people must or we will lose.

Strange how elected officials can take an oath to preserve and protect the constitution, and then submit legislation that clearly does the opposite. I call that treason…and in the old days people paid a price for that.

• WeeWeed says:

Exactly – they are violating their oath of office.

• Arkindole says:

If I understood Keith Hanson correctly the other night there are only 200 LEOs onboard at Oathkeepers.
          Don’t count on minimal opposition by the LEOs/state/whatever. And don’t try to wave the Constitution at them.
          At first the media will report another gang of nuts shot by the feds/local LEOs. “all kinds of explosives found” (meaning any kind of kitchen cleaner); “a stockpile of ammunition” (meaning may a couple of boxes of 50); lots of “radical” stuff found on the computers they seized (grandchildren’s pictures). Imagine Waco multiplied by a million or more. Take yourselves back to the 1860′s to visualize the initial magnitude of deaths. Not something to look forward to.

• WeeWeed says:

DH is joining Oathkeepers. And yes, all massacres will be deemed (isn’t that word…SPECIAL????) “terrorists.” While honest-to-God musloid attacks on civilization are “workplace accidents.”

• Sharon says:

I think perhaps the reason they are freaking out is because they understand perfectly well that the 2nd amendment is to protect us against them.

3. Bongo says:

The loony liberals are trying to disarm everyone except their own armed security guards.

4. michellc says:

I know it’s a stupid question but is it too much to ask for them to read laws already in place? There is no such thing as a gun show loophole. If you want to call something a loophole, then it’s also a flea market loophole, garage sale loophole, auction loophole, etc. It is called private sales and they are not against the law, but it sounds so much better to say gun show loophole.

I have a bill for them, if you want to take away our right to defend ourselves then you have to give up your right to be defended, no more hired security guards unless they are not armed, you can give them a club to defend you.

5. Arkindole says:

Read it. That idiot McCain is in the mix.
    Press the button at the bottom.
    Spam your senator.

6. RockyMtnMama says:

Maybe a bit OT–although it is related to guns–but here’s one reason my state rocks:

Yes, lots of our residents have guns and our crime rate is relatively low.

7. ftsk420 says:

Doesn’t surprise me at all that Carolyn McCarthy is leading the charge her husband was killed and son was injured in a mass shooting on a LI train.

• michellc says:

A gun ban would not have saved them and it won’t bring back her husband. That’s what I told to a woman who said she hated guns because her husband worked at columbine. The guns didn’t do it, madmen did and honoring victims by restricting rights is wrong as well as stupid.
      I don’t understand why families of victims don’t want to honor them by saving lives of future kids by protecting them. It’s sad that we protect our money, our legislators, our Presidents, but we don’t protect what should be the most precious to us.

• ctdar says:

By Colin Ferguson that was a mentally ill man paranoid of white people!

8. howie says:

Nobody is gonna buy it. The 2nd Amendment was put in for just this situation. To stop a tyrannical government. Screw these tyrants. They are broke dicks. Now they want to coin Trillion Dollar coins to pay the welfare. What a joke. The are suffering from Beltwayitis. Good Grief might even be more of a fantasy than Disneyworld. They are NUTZ!

9. mung says:

When I was at the range today inquiring about the CWP course, I was asking the person at the store about the new laws and he said that he thinks not only will they stop the sales of many guns but that they will institute a buy back program and then come to take guns from us. He thinks the UN will send in troops to disarm the US. Now while I am concerned that they will try stop the sales, I don’t see any one being dumb enough to try to enter our country and go house to house searching for guns. That would be a foreign invasion force and I would be right there with my CTH brethren yelling “Wolvereens” if that were to happen. I also don’t see any US forces ever going to their own neighborhoods and doing such a thing.

So how far could the government really go before we ended up in civil war and who could they even get to enforce something like this?

BTW, I might have made a purchase today requiring me to wait a few days to pick it up.

• michellc says:

They don’t have to enter our country, they’re already here, many being trained on our soil with our weapons. So it’s not too far out there to think they will have the full backing of our government and they don’t share our values so why would it scare or bother them?

• howie says:

Won’t be needed….Free Money will win the day.

• mung says:

Who might that be?

• michellc says:

People who are not citizens of this country.

• mung says:

So you think an army of Mexicans are going to go door to door and try to round up guns?

• michellc says:

DO you honestly think Mexicans are the only illegals(although some are technically legal as they’ve been given clearance by our government) in this country? If you think that you really haven’t been paying attention.

I don’t know the purpose of their training, but it certainly makes sense if they have plans to go door to door, they need to have all their bases covered if the military and enough LE refuse to follow orders.

• mung says:

I guess I am not paying attention. What kind of targets should I be practicing on?

• michellc says:

Anything that moves? I honestly don’t know the how, why, what and where. I just know I was made aware awhile back about non-citizens receiving military training but were not military. At the time I asked why and that couldn’t be answered and I asked is that even legal and was given the answer if government okays it and orders it does that make it legal?
                  I just filed it away in the memory bank along with a lot of other things, but then when U.N. talk of taking guns started coming up the possible why was possibly answered.

The thing is a person might be able to fight back for a short amount of time but it will be a short battle.
                  My personal opinion is when and if it starts, it will be low key and the story given to the locals will be they had a cache of weapons and were planning something. I don’t think it will start with kicking in the door of every gun owner.

• WeeWeed says:

“..against our enemies, either foreign or domestic…”

• WeeWeed says:

:D Good on ya’s, Mung!

• mung says:

Might be the same make and model made famous last year by a tugboat.

• justfactsplz says:

Where did you find one if it is okay to ask?

• mung says:

Local pawn shop but its new. Ex-marine owns the shop. He had a 50 cal there too but I didn’t think that I would be able to fit that in my pocket :)

He did say that what I got was very reliable and the best value on the market. He also said that it is nice to be able to bring it to Cocoa and have it fixed on the spot for the life of it.

• justfactsplz says:

You know who is looking for one for me. My husband has one already.

• mung says:

They are getting very hard to find that is why I grabbed this one when I saw it. There is a P11 local.

• justfactsplz says:

I don’t think I am local to you. Two of my friends from the other blog are looking for me also. One of them is a retired homicide investigator and has been telling me what kind to look for.

• mung says:

Oh and CWP class is scheduled for Wednesday at 6:30. From what I am hearing it is taking up to 4 months to get the permits back though. I just want to make sure I have paperwork in before the end of the month.

• WeeWeed says:

You will enjoy the class. A lot more is involved than the loony libs think – there are almost no circumstances in which you wish to pull the sidearm. Plus?? You better not EVER speed again!! (at least here – any moving violation results in automatic revocation of your carry permit)

• michellc says:

My class wasn’t that enjoyable.

As for getting my permit, it took awhile but the wait was because they kept turning down the fingerprints saying they didn’t meet their standards. Third time had to OSBI to get the prints done, but they wouldn’t do them until they had been turned down twice.

• mung says:

I was told if you do them digital that it is faster. I don’t know if there is a local place to get that done though.

I was also told that this is one of the better courses in the area.

• michellc says:

I went to the local sheriff’s department and had them done digital and after the first set was turned down, I went to the neighboring county and those digital prints were also turned down.
                Just about everyone I’ve talked to since have said they had the same problem. We just all think they enjoy prolonging it. lol

• mung says:

I am in Florida. I will have to check that. I don’t tend to speed that much.

• WeeWeed says:

Try to make a list of any questions you have – if they’re not answered during the class, ask when the timing is appropriate.

• brutalhonesty says:

that reminds me…liberal policies encourage crime and obstruct justice. LA just had a massive gun buy back. among weapons bought back: a rocket launcher. Anyway its no questions asked and they get a food voucher or something. So…I have a stolen gun i killed someone with, all I have to do is bring it to them, and they will use your tax dollars to pay me…and they will destroy it, and the crimes linked to me and that gun will never be found. Are you kidding me? Liberalism is a mental disorder.

• justfactsplz says:

Good, Mung. Get your CWP as soon as possible before it is too late. We are taking our CWP class tomorrow. You were lucky to find something to buy. They are sold out all over the place.

10. Along this race theme, I keep hearing: “Senator Feinstein’s wiping up the rear…” :evil:

11. howie says:

Obama has figgered a way to Free Money. That will go up against cutting Medicare and social security. Pluss—- children’s lunches, child heath care, free phones—-free house and all the other goodies. Behind door #1….cuts and starvation, maybe even work….Behind door #2….free money. I report you decide

12. jordan2222 says:

Where are the Republican bills?

13. czarowniczy says:

Political dung beetles plying their trade

14. Chip Bennett says:

Just FYI, two of those bills, HR 35 and HR 133, are from freshman Republicans, and regard eliminating the unarmed-victim killing fields known as “gun-free zones”.

15. If you’ve got $1,100 burning a hole in your pocket, here’s a new defensive non-lethal weapon.

Would you say the price is just a bit opportunistic? :roll:

16. west1890 says:

Here’s something that perhaps you folks who are adept at analyzing should look at. The article and video indicates that some of the ‘interviews’ with the bereaved and bystanders at Sandy Hook were not real-that they were faked by actors and intended to gin up public support for gun control. I wouldn’t put ANYTHING past the left and dear leader. Give it a look.
    Story is on http://curmudgeonlyskeptical.blogspot.com/

• Knuckledraggingwino says:

It would certainly not be unprecedented. Remember Waco? The ATF claimed that their agents had been ambushed with a fusilade of unaimed fire from fully automatic AK-47s and .50 caliber machine-guns. The 1993 edition of the authoritative FBI publication Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted listed the type and caliber of the weapons used to kill the ATF officers. Two were shot with .223, one was shot with .308, and one was shot with an indeterminate projectile consistent with either .308 or 7.62×39 mm. With the exception of one, minor wound to an extremity, all four agents died from singular bullet to the head which is far more consistent with a trained sniper rather than unaimed fire with weapons that would have penetrated body armor. The AtF had a sniper team at the undercover house about 200 yards from the front door f the Branch Davidian compound. The ATF snipers were armed with .308 cal and .223 cal rifles. The ATF snipers allegedly fired three dozen rounds without hitting any Branch Davidians who with only one exception were shot with 9mm, 147 grain Hydrashocks.

17. thefirstab says:

IMO this would be an opportune time to revisit Fast & Furious, along with the covert Benghazi operation. How could any law-abiding, legal US citizen not question the motives of this POTUS and his thugs, when dots are connected to his hypocritical and treasonous motives of so-called “gun control”?

18. Knuckledraggingwino says:

If gun owners allow the debate to focus on guns, we will loose.

The fact that this massacre was of young children allows us a unique opportunity. While guns are used in the vast majority of adult homicides, the vast majority of young children eleven years old and younger who are murdered are not killed with guns. Almost none are killed with rifles of any type much less assault rifles. Young murder victims die from being brutally beaten, bludgeoned, burned, drowned, stabbed and poisoned. Unlike adult homicides, almost all murderers of young children are solved and the perpetrator arrested. The FBI data conclusively reveals that the people who murder young children are almost always putative fathers (in situations with low paternal certainty), mothers, or mothers’ new boyfriend.

At the risk of being accused of racism, I propose that we retaliate to all of the bigoted, hate mongering, often Black politicians and journalists who claim that merely owning a gun demonstrates that a person is mentally unstable by pointing out that Blacks are far, far more likely to murder their children than whites. We could then point out that the African-American children who survive these chaotic families too often grow up to be thugs like Trayvon Martin who commit well over half of the nation’s homicides even though they account for only one-eigth of the population. While we want to eagerly concede that the vast majority of young, Black, Males will never commit murder, the small subset of young, Black, Males with a history of violent criminal violence commit murder at a rate about a thousand times higher than the general population.

While we are talking about murders by Young, Black, Males which are usually murders of Young, Black, Males, we can open a discussion about why nearly two-thirds of such murders are never resolved with an arrest of the perpetrator or often, perpetrators. Why is it that the nation’s police allowed clearance rates for murder, violent crime and property crime to plummet so suddenly in the early 1960s? Why is it that the national homicide rate suddenly surged in the years after one’s chances of lirpterally getting away with murder suddenly Quadrupled? Why is it that this historic surge in homicides occurred at a time when the percentage of homicides being committed with guns was decreasing? Why is it that even as murder rates are decreasing which is reducing case loads and thus allowing police the opportunity to focus more attention n each homicide, the clearance rates for murders of young, black males continues to plummet. Could it be that Blacks are killing each order because the police, prosecutors and the courtshave demonstrated that they really don’t give a shit about dead Blacks unless they are shot by the local neighborhood watch volunteer which allows liberal politicians to exploit their deaths to advance a political agenda?

19. mung says:

Not only are guns getting tough to get, ammo is getting tough too. Hey if they want to fix the economy maybe they should tell people that they are thinking of banning cars and houses.

• west1890 says:

OMG.. you missed your calling. You should have been either a political strategist ….. or a late night comedian. Thanks… things are sooooo horrible that I really needed a chuckle.

20. SAFVet says:

FWIW, just received an email from Cheaper-than-Dirt – they are resuming on-line sales of firearms starting Tues, Jan 8, based on available inventory. See link below for more details:

21. Pingback: The Sands Of America’s Hour Glass – Pt 2 | LadyRaven's Whisky In A Jar – OH!