Wednesday Open Thread – December 26th

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Wednesday Open Thread – December 26th

1. texan59 says:

I am back to torment one and all after an awesome Christmas celebration with my wonderful family. I hope all of you were blessed to do likewise.

2. ctdar says:

Hope everyone that voted for obama take note with what happens to everything he touches

3. cajunkelly says:

Whew, glad to see this thread posted. After reading that CFP article I was wondering (while sporting my tinfoil hat) if all of you had gone underground! :)

Here’s hoping everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and are now safely into digestive tract recovery mode. (grin)

• stellap says:

We all got used to SD scheduling the dailies (spoiled). Sorry for the delay – I think we all slept in! I know Sharon was up until the wee hours, and all of us are slacking off during the holiday. Personally, I’m not working until Friday, so we all slept in at my house (the dogs finally got me up).

• cajunkelly says:

That certainly is forgiveable. :) It’s been “heck”tic for us and we don’t have the added responsibility for the most (IMO) informative blog on the interwebs.

Add to that, the fact that DH has come down with a serious upper respiratory infection. Went to work this AM and was back home by 7:30. :( Already got the call in to the doc for meds. A jackass in his office had this last week, and apparently felt he needed to share it with everyone. :evil:

• howie says:

Uggghhh. Hope it is not the bug I had a couple months ago. It was awful.

• cajunkelly says:

Howie, it’s some nasty stuff for sure. Doc didn’t even want him coming in to the office..would just spread it more. He called in a whole handful of scripts for him.

Additionally, I asked for “preventive” scripts for myself, and doubled down on Zinc, Vitamin C and B12.
            DH doesn’t slow down often…lives his life as if it’s a bridge caving in behind him (grin, I’ve told him that often) and when I heard his truck pull back into the garage this morning I *knew* he’d hit a wall. So, as *soon* as the doc’s office opened I was on the phone. Took a while as I was getting a busy signal over and over.

Doc’s nurse says she’s been fighting this same crap for three weeks. :(

If not checked it goes from a head cold, to chest, to digestive with throwing up and high fever. My sister and her grand daughter are fighting it currently.

I’m hoping we’ve headed off the worst part for DH, and prevented it for myself.

4. Sentenza says:

Gun control wackos breaking the law.

Hah!

Apparently that guy let himself be filmed breaking the law. Let’s see if there’s a prosecution.

5. czarowniczy says:

Been sitting on this info for a few days, didn’t think Christmas Eve or Day was the appropriate time to post it. I’ve been looking at some trends in China – from January 2010 to December 14, 2012 there were ten (10) attacks by crazies in China against school children, at school, resulting in 25 deaths and 115 injuries. That’s about one attack every four months – imagine f that had been here? It’s a phenomenon troubling to the Chinese, and apparently too troubling for our press to approach. The press here is making it look as if we are the only ones with this problem, a problem that would be easily controlled by gun control. The press pooh-poohs the stationing of armed officers at schools but now China, with a style of government and gun control that Obama salivates over, needs them. So our ‘gun-crazy’ society isn’t alone in having a problem with nuts attacking kids at school and gun control only stops nuts from shooting up the schools. Maybe we should go back and work this situation with the Chinese as they are at least partially attributing the attacks to certain social issues, some of which Our Dear Leader, the POtuS, is nose-deep in creating here.

• cajunkelly says:

I’ve also been sitting on some thoughts regarding the sudden natural deaths (actors for example) and violence this fall and winter. If you’ll think back, it’s a common phenom for there to be multiple reports of natural deaths this time of year. Suicides are also common this time of year.

I personally attribute much of this to something called SAD (seasonal affective disorder). It is connected to reduced sunlight exposure. SAD has also been attributed to the high rate of alcoholism and suicide in Alaska.

In no way am I attempting to excuse violence. It’s just something to think about. Confiscating guns will in no way change the day/night patterns.

6. cajunkelly says:

Re the NY story/interactive map on guns;

The newspaper separately noted that the reporter on the story “owns a Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Magnum and has had a residence permit in New York City for that weapon since February 2011.”

7. cajunkelly says:

Check *this* out:

Pay attention to the report of the 223 in the trunk of the Honda. That was *not*, I repeat *not* a 223 in the picture of the LEO removing a long gun from said trunk. That was a shotgun.

And take a look at the Newtown Bee’s report that the principal ‘reported’ :shock: continuous gunfire? How could she do that if she was one of the first ones killed?

DH has been talking for a few days about the strangeness of this story.

• Josh says:

“Also, what a coincidence that the Colorado shooting, the Newtown shooting, and the firemen shooting all included the Bushmaster AR15 223.”

I thought the same thing – Gee, what a coincidink!

• michellc says:

One of the comments to the video they link to of finding the gun says they saw them pull an AR-15 out of the trunk earlier in the day. If that is true that is very interesting why they’d go back to the trunk after dark.
      I would also have to agree with some of the comments about the lack of gloves when the cop pulls the shotgun out of the trunk.

I honestly haven’t followed this as closely as some, but I have heard differing media reports such as he was buzzed in, but this article says they had video cameras, so that would make zero sense if they see a guy with a mask, bulletproof vest or tactical vest on carrying a rifle to buzz him in. The other report I’ve heard is that he broke the glass and came in, but then the arguing over the intercom that was heard doesn’t really make sense.

Also the cop avoiding the question of whether the Mother had ties to the school is bizarre. Why did he go off on they’re investigating and holding anyone in the woods cutting wood? If you did not want to answer that question, why wouldn’t you just say, “we’re investigating and have no comment about that at this time.”

8. Sharon says:

One of the key issues involves potential across-the-board reductions in Federal spending- also known as “sequestration”-which were put in place by the Budget Control Act of 2011. Under current law, these reductions are scheduled to take effect on January 2, 2013. Many of you have raised questions regarding the impact of a potential sequestration for the Department of the Treasury, and I would like to take a moment to clarify a few things,” the memo begins.

“First and foremost, it is important to keep in mind that the Administration remains focused on working with Congress to reach agreement on a balanced deficit reduction plan that avoids such cuts. Sequestration was never intended to be implemented, and there is no reason why both sides should not be able to come together and prevent this scenario.”

If it was never intended to be implemented why was it voted into law? The US Congress is a lying, manipulative, adolescent, deceptive, passive-aggressive national joke.

9. Sharon says:

By Michelle Malkin • December 26, 2012 10:39 AM

Since Day One of the Obama administration, I’ve shed light on the White House illegal alien amnesty-by-fiat strategy. I’ve obtained yet another memo, unleashed during the holiday season, that is enraging rank-and-file DHS officers. This is just the latest in a series of enforcement-sabotaging memos from ICE chief John Morton. In a nutshell, the Morton memo will make it more difficult for local police to detain illegal alien criminal suspects through the 287(g) deportation program. The directive states that “three or more convictions for minor traffic misdemeanors or other relatively minor misdemeanors alone should not trigger a detainer unless the convictions reflect a clear and continuing danger to others or disregard for the law.” The memo builds on other Morton directives aimed at limiting the scope of immigration enforcement at the behest of open-borders leftists.

10. ctdar says:

More fuel to the fire (imho) that fraud was involved in reelecting Obama; where have the adorning masses gone?