Something Missing – Just an odd observational FYI

Did anyone notice the “thing” missing from the media reports today?    The story that *always* accompanies the Christmas Holiday:

Where’s the story about the “retail gift returns and exchanges”?

Grinchmas - Retail Sales Suffer

In all years past there have been hours and hours of coverage with video consisting of people in lines exchanging gifts, crowded stores and return lines etc.    Yet today – (((crickets)))

Why?

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Something Missing – Just an odd observational FYI

1. kinthenorthwest says:

The media reported that the 27th was the best day so I am waiting for then. Plus the fact its snowing so dont want to get stuck, since it usually worse where the Mall is.
    Overall most of the media admitted on the 24th that Sales were way down, so stores were discounting way up on the 26th and probably even more on the 27th. Hmmmmm

2. The real story is all the gun shops are sold out of ARs, AKs, M400s, and other rifles with external magazines. The shelves are bare!

Online, at GunBroker.com, the AR-15s that used to be $800 are now going for $1,600 – $2,000. Stores cannot get new inventory!

• cajunkelly says:

LOL, yeah, I doubt that anyone receiving a gun from Santa this year will be taking it back for a refund. /snark

• howie says:

At Walmart the ammo case only has a few boxes left. Of ammo you don’t want. Only one semi left in case a .22 pop gun.

• howie says:

Obama does it again. People are buying up guns to beat the band. Good Grief. And it ain’t to go to a state hunting reserve with a license for one Moose.. The Government will attack them from a different angle. Tactics is the key. Most of them prolly have no clue what to do with them in a pinch, in a real sit gainst trained opposition. I remember Waco and Ruby Ridge. The media was in the same mode. When will the run on Pitchforks and Torches start???? And Tar and Feathers??? That is what I want to see. I figger the prog’s will really go overboard now. The T-Party will rise again. The Gop’s will prolly join up with the prog’s and become history. I hope not.

• Arkindole says:

I saw some Mosins + 53s going for about 300 today, also some rusted out Norinco SKS’s at 700. ..Right.

3. cajunkelly says:

Additionally, people who shopped via the internet won’t be standing in return/refund lines.

I did *all* of my shopping via internet this year. I didn’t set foot in a mall or big box store. ALL of my gifts arrived in plenty of time too, those I drop shipped and those I had shipped here, except for one small afterthought item I had purchased from overseas as an accessory to the main gift I purchased for my assistant at work. That arrived today and will be gifted tomorrow. It’s all good. :)

I simply don’t feel safe shopping in malls, etc. at Christmas any more. Too many purse snatchings, outright assault/snatch and grab, pick pocketing, and vehicle break-ins for me. I tend to get a tad claustrophobic when my personal space is invaded…makes me wanna hold both arms straight out, with hands balled into fists and start spinning. (grin) yeah, just a tad claustrophobic :)

No wonder the politicians are now proposing a tax on internet shopping.

• g8rmom7 says:

This. I actually shopped in stores MORE this year than years past though…but for the most part I did a lot of orders online and just picked them up in the stores. I did brave the mall one time with my oldest and her boyfriend but that was only because we had to take her Macbook into the Apple store to get it fixed. And without the kids with me it wasn’t TOO stressful.

But ALL of Santa’s presents come from ordering online…they come in brown boxes, easy for hiding. I don’t know how my parents did it!

• Right on. In malls and in the downtown core, as the Grandmaster Flash says:

“Smugglers, scramblers, burglars, gamblers, pickpockets, peddlers, even panhandlers. ”

• stellap says:

All of my shopping on line too. Except for some cards and Christmas ornaments. Family cards came from Shutterfly.

• justfactsplz says:

Wow, I could have written your whole comment. It is exactly my position. I did all of my shopping online. I too fear crime and crowds and feel closed in in stores that are crowded. I was done shopping and they arrived safe and sound, and were wrapped well ahead of time. Our local news here did report heavy traffic at the mall with people returning things. None of the gifts I purchased online needed to be returned.

• Kimber says:

Yeah and you avoid all of those germs as well. A few years ago, my mom and I went Christmas shopping a couple of days before Christmas. We said we were going to “shop until we dropped”. Well, that is exactly what she did, the next day she came down with respiratory issues and a fever and the day after that was in the hospital a very sick woman. There are many advantages to shopping online. No standing in lines another plus!

4. 22tula says: