A Christmas Thanks From Sundance….

Thanks for always having our six!

Soldiers Christmas

It’s a lonelier place on the other side of the wall;  Not as many people in the push-back crew as years past.   Lots of righteous blogs called it quits this year;  Especially when the November election just proved that most people prefer free stuff, or at least ice-cream over spinach.  I don’t blame them folk who rolled up and headed back one bit – we’re surrounded by idiots who appear to be multiplying exponentially.

She’s glorious, this lady liberty, and well worth fighting for…. and she loves us right back even when we’re rough around the edges, covered in dirt so deep even Lava can’t shake it, and crumpled packs of smokes in each shirt pocket when we stroll back by.

We don’t always get it right, and sometimes we gotta say sorry for the collateral damage, but it ain’t from lack of effort.    As Churchill famously said:  “Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing…after they have exhausted all other possibilities.”

Merry Christmas !

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to A Christmas Thanks From Sundance….

1. Sharon says:

Boy, Churchill was right about that, wasn’t he?

God bless you.

2. Merry Christmas, SD. Love ya.

3. fmhayes48 says:

Merry Christmas, Sundance, and to all contributors!! I don’t speak on here very much, but DO read daily. The information provided is precious to me and I am so thankful for you dear folks. May the Good Lord shower us all with blessings and guidance all the days of our plight.

• Ditto from me–I don’t comment often, but all your posts are important and much appreciated, believe me. Many are sent far and wide, too.

Blessings to everyone here, this Christmas and in all the year to come. Faith stands firm in the darkest hour, and the company of God’s people is a precious gift.

4. griz1234 says:

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

Heck, may you have a Festive Festivus, and a Kooky Kwanzaa!

5. LouDaJew says:

you’ve done a great job. I know I may have gone a little overboard sometimes. thanks for letting me in. Merry Christmas Sundance!! most of all thanks for supporting our right to defend ourselves, if an ugly incident does ever occur to one of us in real life.

6. GracieD says:

Merry Christmas SD! Much love and respect to you and yours. Churchill was a remarkable man. He also said “Never give up, Never, Never, Never, Never give up!” He was right about that. We are well and truly a ragtag bunch of Conservative Misfits here in the Tree. Our intentions are good, which is much more than we can say for the political class. :( I will fight for this great Country until I draw my last breath, as will most of us here, I suspect. God Bless us every one! ;)

7. Coast says:

I don’t know if this has been posted before, but it’s an excellent watch. And yes TCTH…great job! Let freedom ring!

• Josh says:

THANK YOU for reposting this.

“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical… the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom – Lucifer”
      Dedication by Saul Alinsky in his book Rules For Radicals
      Barrack Hussein Obama taught the principals of this book for years.

Does anyone know the name of the movie that is referenced at 31:46?
      Re: Communist tactics “Somebody’s going to get something out of it and it isn’t going to be you.”

• Josh says:

AGENDA: Grinding America Down (Full Movie) FREE to watch for a limited time.
      ~ by Curtis Bowers

“Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.” Vladimir Lenin; Founder of the Soviet Union

World Pledge
      I pledge allegiance to the world,
      To care for earth, sea, and air
      To honor every living thing,
      With peace and justice everywhere.

1:04:05
      “Antonio Gramsci realized that if you can take over the institutions and the culture you will be able to use those to influence society to create the socialist man you want. I think the most brilliant part of his plan was that he realized you could not only create a man that wanted big government to take care of him cradle to grave but, and this is the genius of Gramsci, you could create a man that needed big government to take care of him, cradle to grave. A man so dumbed down and so minimized in society he wouldn’t have the intellect or character to take care of himself.”
      “The reason this is so deadly for America is that once we have a certain percentage of the population in that category our limited constitutional form of government is no longer possible because too many people won’t be able to exist in that framework. We are approaching that tipping point rapidly.”

Silence makes cowards out of the best of men.”
      ~Abraham Lincoln

“The organized minority will beat the disorganized majority every time.”
      Vladimir Lenin; Founder of the Soviet Union

Trevor Loudon, Researcher/Author NewZeal.blogspot.com
      1:26:37
      “Every time a civilization goes down, or country goes down, militarily or economically somebody else fills the gap.”
      “So America hasn’t got a lot of freedoms left in the world. Now that’s just not going to affect America, that’s going to affect every single remaining country in the free world. Who’s going to stand up to China if America doesn’t? Who’s going to stand up to the Russians? Is Europe going to do it? Australia? New Zealand? Canada? Not a chance. If America, and this is the point I think American’s need to comprehend, if America goes down economically it will go down militarily. If America goes down militarily, we all go down. The free world is finished and it will be finished for a very, very long time.”

8. jordan2222 says:

It is really interesting how this became my favorite website to visit every single day. Although the George Zimmerman case is probably the primary attraction, the Benghazi coverage since then has been the best available . Everything here is great. In order to be fair, I will not mention names but all of the moderators do super job of keeping the peace while making valuable contributions to the conversation. It would be difficult for me to pick a favorite.

Funny, how Breitbart has been replaced but I would like to see a link at the Drudge Report which is generally my start page.

Sharon’s Mailboxes and Old Barns adds an entirely different dimension. Her writings are a stark reminder of how we once lived in America. We all need to remember the “olden days” so that all that is still possible.

Sundance requires a completely separate page.

Maybe we should have a bio of him well as the rest of the misfits.

WOLVERINES!!!

9. rumpole2 says:

Merry Christmas Sundance.
    Thanks for a great “blog” and framework for all the others who post here

I still retain faith in “Americans”… but only just!

10. WeeWeed says:

Merry Christmas, SD, and to ALL of you!! Love you all – ALL of you, and it’ll take every damned one of us pulling together to get through this. A toast – to a blessed 2013!

11. tnwahm says:

Our Founding Fathers risked everything to birth this nation. What are we willing to risk to preserve it for our kids and grandkids?

Merry Christmas fellow patriots!

• Sharon says:

Excellent question….the answer…and the high price is already being risked and paid by many. It’s a good reminder that it is no longer a rhetorical question.

Merry Christmas to you, tnwahm.

• tnwahm says:

The other day when I had a friend post that she was tired of all the gun control FB posts and a couple of her friends commented that they were tired of so many political posts from their friends; I was reminded of Nehemiah and the sentries he posted when he was rebuilding the wall in Jerusalem. Go and read the Book of Nehemiah; especially the first chapters. I consider myself a Nehemiah.

• Sharon says:

There’s much practical example in Nehemiah’s work….the reality that always strikes me is the repeated appearance of Tobiah!–the enemy, the usurper, the sneaky one, the subsurface foe who is always there, always lurking. Even as Nehemiah proceeds to get the job down..Tobiah is just.always.there. Good grief, we’ve got a bunch of Tobiahs.

We do not have a King Artaxerxes, but perhaps we can reverse the encouragement: in that case, God used a Gentile king to provide some cover and some financing for the Jews’ task of building the walls; and in our case, we are asking for His intervention and person to provide a Gentile nation with new life. I’m always encouraged that with either Gentile nations or with Israel, God always responded to individuals within a nation under His judgment or dealings: even as He was cleaning the clocks of the nation (Israel or Gentile), there was blessing and direction for (Jewish or Gentile) individuals within that nation who sought His face .

12. Dawn Doe says:

Merry Christmas to The Treehouse and everyone who participates and reads here! God Bless you all!

13. jordan2222 says:

Question; Since wordpress has no way to allow members to send each other a message, if I were to send a message to the site, would you forward it to the member for me?

I know that the mods are very busy with other things and that you are not secretaries, but I know of no there way to do this.
    ——————–
    Sorry, Jordan, we don’t forward e-mails to a third party. –Admin

14. McKenna says:

Merry Christmas, Treepers! Kunoichi here. I still read all of your stuff every day and am so blessed in my life to know such patriots…such Wolverines.

15. Omar says:

God Bless you Sundance and all the other mods. You inspire me daily….even when I’m silent. I am so blessed to know that there are patriots like the treepers out there, and I’m proud to be perched on a branch! This site keeps me focused, grounded and sane (mostly). Thank you. God Bless you. And Merry Christmas.

16. ctdar says:

Merry Christmas SD & all Treepers, thanks for having my six.
    I will always have yours.

17. czarowniczy says:

Merry CHRISTmas all – any one you live through is a good one

18. ejarra says:

Merry Christmas everyone! I feel as though you all are just a part of my extended family. Love you guys (gals)!

19. yankeeintx says:

I am most thankful for the education I receive from the Treehouse. All the links provided in the daily threads are eyeopeners, some are fun, some are important, all are appreciated. I came here thinking I was a moderate, but have come to realize that I am way more conservative than I originally thought. There is such a diverse group of people who post, that I find that my questions are usually answered, before I get around to asking a question. What a great bunch of people, thanks to all of you, and Merry Christmas to all.

20. FlyingSailor says:

As a new member of the Treehouse, when I donated back in October, it was because I found the blog here informative as well as opened my eyes to a viewpoint I agreed with.

Now that we move into the new year, will donate more. Not as much in appreciation for what you do (you’ll get the irony here in a second), but as the Treehouse has become my “first stop shopping” for news, might as well direct my annual NYT and WSJ subscription funds here.

The blog/website, as well as the work you do, is honorable.

Please keep up the diligent sun exposure efforts!

Merry Christmas!

Cheers,

21. Auntie Lib says:

Sundance – Thank you! For being out there in the front lines every day – leading the charge. Your leadership is a powerful force – and an inspirational one. Keep on keeping on – we’ll always have your back. (Also your bacon and beer when needed.) Merry Christmas and best wishes for a great 2013!

22. kathyca says:

Merry Christmas, SD. Heartfelt thanks to you for providing this forum and all of your hard, hard, work. I’ve waxed all overwrought before about how reassuring it was to find that people such as yourself and the rest of the Treepers are out here fighting the good fight. So I won’t do that again now. Suffice it to say that my faith in humanity is restored daily reading here.

Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year to all.

23. Lee says:

Merry Christmas! May God continue to bless each of you and provide us with guidance and grace!

24. ottawa925 says:

I discovered the Refuge this year. It might have been just another blog, ppl with lots of opinions, and not much depth, however, SD was the hook for me. Then as I read other posters I realized something different was going on here. Glad I stumbled on the treehouse, and thankful for the ppl that contribute. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, as I just got back from being with family and friends. God Bless you guys.

25. Aoife Crane says:

Totally true. I’ve pretty much stopped watching the morning news. I only bounce online periodically to check on things. It IS depressing. I know come Jan. 1, when all these glorious new taxes take effect, many of us who’ve been able to hang in there for the last 4 years are going to find our situations even more tenuous. This (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/health-care-tax-hikes-2013-may-just-start-080000868.htm) doesn’t directly affect me because as small business people we’re self-insured. BUT…it will affect all of us eventually because as these people lose their health plans due to this tax, they will no longer have money to spend on other goods and services. Nothing happens in a vacuum. So….once again the ‘you can keep your insurance if you like it’ was a total lie. The Ocommiecrats had to know that with all these goodies we’re now finding out about people are going to be dropped from their company health plans. Healthcare is going to get really expensive if you can afford it at all. Couple this with the constant push to take our right to defend ourselves away and you have a perfect powder keg just waiting for that last spark. I think things are going to get worse. I think the economy is going to collapse and the US is going to fragment, and therefore be weaker. Our enemies must be salivating. Years to come, if history books exist which do not gloss over Ocommie’s rule like the NORKs do, this will be the turning poing in US history where the US ceased to be a world power and force for good. We’ll be like the European cesspools well on their way to being controlled by muslim theocracies. I weep for the younger people in this country. They have no idea what’s coming. I am grateful that I grew up when I did. At least I have my memories of an America where if you made good decisions and worked hard you could get somewhere. I truly don’t think that possibility exists anymore. Cuz we have economic ‘fairness’ and ‘justice’ and all that rot. I keep looking for a spark of hope. Not seeing it yet. God bless and protect us all.