Yawn ! Michael More-Donuts Says “gun owners are racists”….

Gee, how did we know this was coming.  But then again, what does that say about the gang banger in Chicago, Philadelphia, East St. Louis, who are committing genocide?

Gun ownership, Moore said, “cuts down to the heart of our race problem that we still haven’t resolved.”

Humor in Nature“I think we’re a very frightened people,” Moore said. “I think we’ve been frightened ever since we landed on these shores. We were frightened of the native people.; we were frightened of the slaves we brought over, as we should have been. And those in power have known how to manipulate us with fear.

And we’ve started wars over being told lies about, you know — whether it was in the Spanish-American War, the Mexican-American War. You can go through so many of these wars we’ve been in throughout history — right up through the Iraq War — where we’re just lied to because those in power knew if they just put enough fear out there. And the best kind of fear is the one that has the kernel of truth, so you have 9/11 happened — that’s a real incident, nearly 3,000 people lose their lives. Very easy at that point to use that fact in a way to tell a fiction.”

But according to Moore, it’s that fear that causes Americans want to own gun, which he tied to race by explaining high levels of citizen gun ownership exist “in suburbs and rural areas.”  (related article)

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, A New America, media bias, Potus Gun Ban, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

65 Responses to Yawn ! Michael More-Donuts Says “gun owners are racists”….

1. nobaddog says:

That Michael Moore sure is smart he knows everything. Afraid of the slaves.. “As we should have been” I admit bringing them as slaves was wrong but look how they have benefited. In Africa they compete with fly’s for food.

2. canadacan says:

Michael Moore is the definition of banal. Not 1 fact not 1 bit of documented research just a spew of liberal platitudes. a perfect example of never be confused by the facts syndrome. he’s not even interesting. that’s stupid bill oreilly actually had moore on his television show 1 time. I wouldn’t even dignify him with an interview. that’s okay this is not safety is insured by gun toting bodyguards who are you even license to carry half the time. Non. Entities rule on cable, boring. life is too short to be bored just the facts please. find somebody to interview that has a little elan.

• canadacan says:

Michael Moore safety is insured by gun toting bodyguards who are not license to carry half the time. Michael Moore another uneducated revisionist polluting the minds. Of those Who are stupid enough to listen and watch him.

3. Chip Bennett says:

And those in power found the most devious of all ways to instill that fear: by enshrining in the Constitution the very means for the people to protect themselves against those in power.

And we’ve started wars over being told lies … where we’re just lied to because those in power knew if they just put enough fear out there. And the best kind of fear is the one that has the kernel of truth, so you have 9/11 happened — that’s a real incident, nearly 3,000 people lose their lives. Very easy at that point to use that fact in a way to tell a fiction.

A war started over lies? Michael Moore, a Truther? Who would’ve thunk it?

How many gun crimes are committed by those legal firearm owners in suburbs and rural areas?

Every human life is precious, and every person has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Especially in this country, every person has the opportunity to be great. Thus, I agree that firearm deaths of black Americans is a real issue, and a real tragedy. The problem, that idiots like Michael Moore fail to recognize, however, is that some 94% of those deaths come a the hands of other black Americans – and, not in “suburbs and rural areas”, but in the urban, inner-cities dominated (and decimated) by decades of failed liberal social policy.

Oh, and regarding gun ownership and racism, I think Michael Moore needs a history lesson.

• canadacan says:

Thanks for giving everybody an opportunity to read this brilliant article by ann Coulter a must read
      Santa please put this article in Michael Moore stocking. Or support hose. Believe.

• It is a good article, but it is important to make the distinction that Coulter is talking about a Democrat mindset, when she says they instituted the first gun laws. The Democratic Party didn’t form until the 1800′s, well after the 1640 law she’s talking about. Around that time, it was the House of Burgesses, I think, – someone will double-check, I’m sure – that ruled the area under the British Crown after it took over control from the Virginia Company.

• canadacan says:

I don’t like being patronized. I think it’s damn rude when somebody tells me. Oh read this this is a better article. the article in question by Coulter was about racism and gunsI thought she made a point well. you might take a few pointers from chip Bennett he knows how to supplement information without being a wise guy just my opinion

• Thanks for your opinion. It seems I have to keep apologizing. No problem, I can do that. Sorry for making you feel patronized. The article was not provided to one-up you. I had just read the article provided and then read the article I provided and thought I would share. There really is nothing more to it. I like Chip’s posts too. Perhaps I can learn from him.

• Want to read a really good article by Coulter, check this one out:

ROMNEY WAS NOT THE PROBLEM

Warning: Some material within the linked article goes against some of the pronouncements of some of the talking heads, including a few on this site.

For instance, “In Reagan’s one debate with Carter in 1980, he presented “two viewpoints and directions for the country” by vowing to save Medicare and not to cut taxes too much. Loud and clear, Reagan said: “My tax cut does not come close to eliminating (Carter’s) $86 billion increase. I’m only reducing the amount of the increase.”

There’s your bold contrasting vision! … A careful analysis of the Romney plan thus reveals several deviations from the Democrat platform — more stark than those delineated by even Reagan.”

• Sharon says:

Why did you think a warning was necessary? There has been no “drive” on this site to accuse Romney of being the problem. I don’t understand the reason for the snark.

• Sharon,

I disagree. Among the several posters, sundance, himself, posted an article in which he said the following:

“Did any one of them pause to wrap their insufferable ”big government” mind-set around the real reason for Romney losing. He just sucked – Big Time.”

That was why I included the warning. I could give more examples, if you like.

• Sharon says:

OK. I had forgotten that. I still don’t think there was any kind of drive on the site…and in the interest of full disclosure on my part: the phrase “the talking heads” in my perception is usually a derogatory one. I was born in 1732, and that term was only developed in about 1998, out of great frustration, as a way of distancing ourselves from the endless nonsense of paid talking tools on what is now called the MSM. In 1988 the “MSM” was the only news source on TV and normal Americans (those born earlier than 1793) were SICK and tired of having nonsense pushed in their faces every time they wanted to “listen to the news” (which used to be a cherished and valuable tradition in most households).

The original term “talking heads” presumes that the individuals being referenced are: (1) paid hacks who are (2) spewing utter nonsense, (3) who are being told what to say and (4) who have a very low opinion of those they are addressing.

I could go on. But none of those bits apply to Sundance OR 99% of those who post on this site. BTW, Sundance is just like most of the other commenters on this site in that he’s willing to either defend his opinions or withdraw them/re-examine them if there’s reason to do so and there’s no need to slam him under cover of a group label.

My original full disclosure stands: as far as I know, there is not a single “talking head” on this site, as I use and hear the term. The labeling caught me–figured there might some attitude behind it. My apologies.

• No attitude. Just incorrect wording. I should have said “talking heads, as well as some on this site,” not “including some on this site”.

I understand the way you took it, but it was not meant that way, even with the incorrect wording. I see “talking heads” as those that have the ear of the public, whether they believe what they’re saying or not.

• howie says:

Your point is taken. I wonder. Do the talking heads have contracts? Limiting what they can say? What words they can use? Seems like they must. It seems to me they skate around the edge. Attacking each other but never getting to the real point. They make a lot of dough doing this in front of a TV camera. When what happens behind the camera is never seen.

• howie says:

This explains it. Lack of nutrition can affect the mind. Alls he was was a Liberal. And a Namby Pamby one. He never stated the obvious case. His plan was to fix socialism. A fruitless endeavor. He just figgered he could do it better than Obama. She even likes Kwispie.

• sundance says:

@justincaselawgic. Why? Just why do you find the need to be acusatory. Let’s accept your premise that the content would be antithetical to the discussion sentiment or primary opinion of….. then why post it?

To be purposeful and intentionally divisive? To be arbitrary?

Your method, purpose and approach reminds me of Jennifer Ruben.

• Accusatory? I’m not following. I provided an article by Coulter, which I think some might not like, so I provided a warning accompanying it. When asked by Sharon why I thought some may not like to read what Coulter wrote, I provided the answer with a link to back it up.

I posted the article, because there are those, here, that I think would like to read it, if they didn’t know about it, but I’m not so pompous to assume everyone would like it, hence the warning.

If you felt hurt or slighted by my post, I apologize.

4. michellc says:

Well as a lifetime rural folk, let me educate Moore on rural gun ownership. Rural folks own guns not because fear is their first guiding factor. For starters something Moore might understand is food, rural folks have been using guns to put food on the table for many years, whether it be wild meat or a hog or cow. Second is to use a gun to put down suffering animals. Third is to protect livestock from predators. Fear has nothing to do with rural folks owning guns, race certainly has nothing to do with owning guns. That’s not to say rural folks won’t defend what is theirs and their lives with said guns.

But I think I’m finally convinced I’m a racist, I don’t know how I could not be. NPR says being an Oklahoman automatically makes me a racist. The left and the media says being non-black makes me a racist and criticizing Obama makes me racist. Moore now says living in rural areas and suburbs makes me racist. I fit every description so I can only draw the conclusion that I’m a racist.

BTW does Moore have armed guards because of fear? Did Moore’s fear make his armed guard break the law with his gun?

• howie says:

Moore is a communist. People do not realize. In communism the vast majority are not party members. Only the rich are allowed in the party. The elite communists get all the goodies. The rest are trapped in slavery. He aims to be a party member. It is really unregulated Capitalism at it’s worst.

• michellc says:

There all communists and sadly I’m not real sure anymore who are communists and who aren’t on the other side anymore.

I get so fed up with both sides always needing more laws, someone breaks a fingernail in the workplace, time for a new law.
        We need them to start spending their time removing laws instead of adding to them, but then that would end the communist agenda.

I remember one time several years ago sitting in a lawyer’s office or actually his library and looking at all of the law books. When he finally walked in I asked him how the heck anyone could ever even begin to remember all that. He said we don’t and that’s just the state laws and opened a door and showed me all the federal law books. He laughed at my disgust, not really shock, just disgust and said somewhere in one of those books I’m sure I could find where I just broke the law by laughing and you’re breaking the law for being alone in a room with an attorney. He was only half joking.
        He then said this is how they control you, make new laws, leave old laws on the books, laws contradict each other and the sheer magnitude makes it nearly impossible to follow the law, then tell you ignorance of the law is not a defense.

• howie says:

The Laws don’t take up much space at all. What takes up space are the rules and regulations in response to them. That is why I cringe every time I hear someone say they Must Get Something Done. Getting things undone should be the goal. Obamacare was 2,000 pages of law. They have not finished writing the 40,000 pages of regs yet. I kid you not.

5. brocahontas says:

Why are people(“liberal” types) so afraid of fear? It is as if we are supposed to never fear anything. That is idiotic as far as I am concerned. Fear isn’t pleasant and irrational fear is definitely harmful but there are good reasons to use caution at times. Rock climbers use ropes, people keep their money in the bank, people don’t try to pet alligators. These are all fear based actions that most people don’t find an issue with. As soon as you bring up fear of the government or fear of evil people it is as if all history and crime statistics get thrown out the window.

An interesting side effect is that it empowers criminals, individuals and governments to commit crime with no restraint. We can see evidence of this every day in the news.

It seems that a liberal platitude is that all fear is “bad”, all fear is irrational. When I wonder where this comes from it seems that people prefer the comfort of willful ignorance to the accurate acknowledgement and assessment of danger. And the media voices are only too willing to spread the propaganda of a corrupt government who are spreading it, not only to placate citizens but to also disarm and fleece the populace as well.

6. czarowniczy says:

Are black gun owners racist? Asian? Native American? How about Mexican drug cartel persons whose guns were provided by Eric Holder – are they racist? Let’s revisit the concept of free mental health care and Michael Moore.

7. tara says:

As someone who had been brainwashed by Bowling for Columbine and other anti-gun propaganda but who now is fully supportive of gun ownership and use (responsible gun ownership and use, that is), I can see just how difficult the anti-gun force will be to combat. They have framed the gun ownership issue sufficiently to convince non-gun owners that gun owners are crazy paranoid freaks, that guns are completely unnecessary for civilians, and that gun ownership is simply uncool. That last message can’t be underestimated because the Dems appeal greatly to younger voters and younger voters are inordinately concerned with being cool.

And yet there are many Dems who own guns, Biden being one of them (cue that awesome 2008 campaign video which is the equivalent of Charlton Heston’s “cold dead hands” speech). And there are many Dems who thoroughly enjoy violent films, TV shows, and games filled with gunfire and bloody gun-induced injury and death. They listen to violent rap music which glorifies gun use. They hypocrisy is obvious, and it doesn’t appear to bother them at all..

It’s all about marketing. The pro-gun faction needs to work hard to reframe gun ownership, and they have to do it from an offense position, not defense. Seize control of the advertising. Getting to young voters should be the #1 goal. Make gun ownership cool. Last night I watched a short special program about the gun issue, on CBS I think, which included an attractive young woman openly carrying a hand gun in a holster. Damn it, she was cool! And most certainly not crazy. She said nobody messes with her because they can see that she’s armed, and her demeanor indicates that she knows how to use her gun and isn’t at all afraid to do so. The NRA and other pro-gun groups should position front and center attractive hip educated gun-owning young men and women. They should produce and market cool gun-related products attractive to young people. And they should also portray these cool people and cool things as being part of the cool U.S., not an extension of Europe but a unique country with the unique history, filled with self-sufficient citizens who are never afraid to do hard work and fight for freedoms. OK, my last sentence is a bit of a stretch because unfortunately a large portion of the population has gone soft and relies on the government to provide and guide, but I still have hope that this can be turned around and we can return to self-sufficiency.

• howie says:

They have not yet begun to get people killed. These liberons think that John Rawls finally perfected communism at Harvard. Now they have power in the old USA. It is gonna get a lot worse before it gets better….if it ever does. Enjoy the good life while you still can. Yip Yip Yahooo!

• John Galt says:

“It’s all about marketing. The pro-gun faction needs to work hard to reframe gun ownership, and they have to do it from an offense position, not defense.”

Jump on the mental illness issue and blame it all on Obama and the Dems. Run ads showing the mentally ill on the street. Claim that it is all Obama’s fault. Claim that Obama Care throws the mentally ill under the bus. Have some actress crying that Obama prevented her from getting the mental health treatment that she needed for her son.

• howie says:

How? The media is where the masses get brainwashed. It ain’t gonna happen.

• tara says:

I won’t criticize you for being negative, but I do think that we can seize control if we employ some positivity, brainstorm, come up with a plan, and work to implement it. I know, it’s a monumental task, but the alternative is worse.

• howie says:

I am a veteran of 25 years of this. The masses are brainwashed. Try and invoke common sense and you get a knowing stare like a Cow in the chute to the slaughterhouse. Realism is not negativity. The plan should be to identify them for what they are.

• Sharon says:

I was about to reply that being in touch reality is not the same as negativity–but I see you’ve covered the point!

In addition, being completely raw-with-pain-realistic does not always presume defeat in the end either…sometimes such realism fuels the fury that provides the strength that guarantees the victory.

We had better stop believing we have to choose between being deluded and obtaining victory. Those are not the only two options.

• howie says:

You are right. This is evident. The NRA has it right. Make a statement and answer no stupid questions. The GOP house may have hit on it. Go home and ignore the media. They will end up on their knees begging. The way to win is not to play. I kid you not. Ignore the bastards. Leave them flailing in the wind. They will self-destruct. They derive their power from us.

• Sharon says:

howie, if I count the sentences right…(multi-tasking at the moment 8O ) you just hit about 11 home runs right out of the park.

Every one of them builds toward and nails the point perfectly.

• tara says:

I respectfully disagree with you. IMO, doing nothing is exactly why Obama won two elections, and the Dems might win again in 2016. They’re on the offense. I predict that a sufficient number of Republicans will fail to stick up for gun owners and Obama will shove his new gun legislation down our throats exactly the way he did with the new health care laws.

• Sharon says:

This is not about “sticking up for gun owners.” This is about the liquidation of the United States Constitution. “Guns” is one battleground, obviously, but I do wonder if the majority of gun-supporters who are very verbal at the moment are as concerned about the plans for what’s left of the Constitution.

There are few prepared to engage in the fight to protect and re-implement the Constitution, so the left is perfectly happy to have an argument about guns which many more are willing to enter into and which is actually easier for the left to win.

….and the HHS demand that we all pay for Sandra’s BC was not about BC; and obamacare was not about providing health care.

• howie says:

I do not advocate silence and doing nothing. I said make your point and ignore the media. Trouble comes when you argue with them. Allowing the fallacy an equal standing with the truth is a mistake. Do not play in their sandbox. I do not like the “Crossfire” style setups. Let them argue amongst themselves about your statement of truth. They will go the same way as Libninnie Talk Radio.

8. ottawa925 says:

Afraid? I bet he was afraid when he heard “no more twinkies”. Someone needs to throw his gargantuan BEhind on the front lines. He is a prime example of totally slobbery in Hollywood. He should make that speech about being lied to …. to a group of Holocaust survivors. How they lied to Americans about Hitler … they made Americans AFRAID of Hitler. We were minding our own business, and Hitler was minding his business, when all of a sudden we were lied to. And cause we were lied to we stormed Europe and together with other countries vanquished the enemy … not for our own nation, but to help those that were directly under the foot of Hitler and his army. Good Lord, it took ALL the combined forces of USA, Russia and Europe to take him down. No one country could have ever done it alone. I challenge Moore. For 6 mos. stay in the worst neighborhoods of Chicago. You cannot tell anyone who you are. For all anyone would know you are just a guy taking up space. After six months … let us hear you speak of “being afraid”.

9. tara says:

Listening to the NRA Prez’ comments today, it dawned on me that the incidents that the Dems are leveraging to invoke more restrictive gun laws are not unlike incidents which threaten our national security. Example: Adam Lanza is to the Sandy Hook Elementary school as North Korea is to the U.S. We don’t rely on attempts to outlaw or control weapons in other countries or to control the leaders of those countries, WE DEFEND OURSELVES. We make our country a difficult target through vigilent monitoring and protection here at home. The same could be done within the country to protect ourselves from criminals and crazies. Because there’s no way that we can plant a police officer in every school, mall, and outdoor space, the only solution IMO is a “well regulated militia” of citizens who are unafraid to step in when law enforcement cannot arrive quickly enough. Do you think this could be implemented?

• howie says:

Yes if people want to fight and die in the streets. I don’t think it will happen. There is at least four years to go. By then all this will seem unimportant. There is much more to come as the proletariate hits the bricks with the blessing of the government and media. Armed Americans can not be allowed. One if by land, Two if by sea, Three if by democracy.

• tara says:

Let’s say you are a teacher or administrator or other kind of worker at a school, and you are a law-abiding gun owner who practices frequently enough that your reflexes are sharp. Would you volunteer to be that person who helps to secure the school and intervene when crazies show up? I would. I wouldn’t hesitate. I think plenty of people would.

• howie says:

Sure if I was there. Who would not? But there are not that many events of this sort.. Logically this is a very small sample of the big picture. If you take away the emotion and the use of it for propaganda. It is magnified by the media. Twisted and turned to serve the purpose. I had thought they made their move too soon. I was wrong. Time is shorter than I thought.

• tara says:

There have been 19 mass shootings since Obama became President. You can say that they’re rare, but 19 is a large number.The Dems have seized control again and will implement their own solution unless someone comes up with something better, something that will satisfy the masses. Your logic won’t satisfy them.

10. lovemygirl says:

MM – “high levels of citizen gun ownership exist “in suburbs and rural areas”.
    Well MM, it’s kind of hard to go pheasent hunting in the Chicago Loop. Besides, when you get on a bus or train with a 12 guage they always call the cops even when you explain you are headed out to the sticks to get some geese.

11. John Denney says:

The higher ups in LA chose not to quell the Rodney King riots. Lots of looting and burning, but not the shops of Korean-Americans, who used personal firearms to defend their property.

12. ottawa925 says:

Well, apparently, some are not buying that police are finding very little on the personal life of Adam Zanza.

• Coast says:

No doubt that there is information out there, somewhere. But another question is who will obtain that information. I have more faith in local law enforcement than the federal government in terms of obtaining facts and information, and presenting that information for what it is, rather than a narrative spin that fits a political agenda.

13. LouDaJew says:

I lived in Northern Europe for 4 years, and never locked my door. why doesn’t Michael Moore live in an apartment in Miami and leave his door open??? you can’t bottomline truth, the African Americans will rob you (and that’s what I’ve seen)(
    ———————-
    “…the African Americans will rob you….” ? You can’t know that they “will.” Ctdar already made the point. Statements like this do not contribute to good conversation. –Admin

• ctdar says:

Please stop categorizing all African Americans as robbers because its not true.

• LouDaJew says:

not ALL. I’ve had good friends that I served with in the military. I’ve just had some bad experiences with the ghetto trash around Miami. they hate white people. not ALL African Americans hate white people. the people I’ve met around Miami cannot put a sentence together (much like DD), and look for any opportunity to get a white man in trouble. of course, these are my experiences. I’ve also worked with some African Americans who understand the way I feel, because they know as well these types of people. there is a lot more racism by African Americans towards whites than it is vice versa down here. a prime example of what I see is what you see on some of these support Trayvon sites. I think more people are experiencing what I see. they are very good at playing the victim. they know their rights, but don’t know their responsibilities. sorry, I need to do a better job at holding my tongue. Peace

14. ottawa925 says:

This was uploaded in August of 2012. Has anyone heard the President mention it? Even acknowledge the problem?

15. LouDaJew says:

hell , even the African American UPS drivers are thieves.