NRA Sees Surge In Membership….

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 48% of Americans believe more action to treat mental health issues will do the most to prevent incidents like last Friday’s school shootings in Newtown, Connecticut. Twenty-seven percent (27%) think stricter gun control laws will do the most to prevent such shootings, while 15% put the emphasis on limits on violent movies and video games. Ten percent (10%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

mediaThe National Rifle Association, while staying mostly quiet in the immediate aftermath of the mass shooting in Connecticut, has registered an average of 8,000 new members a day since the tragedy, an NRA source told Fox News.

While this broadly aligns with trends seen after similar incidents in the past, the surge in membership this time is said to dwarf past trends.

The source, based on his access to an internal memo prepared by the organization’s membership division, said both the number of individual contributions to the NRA and their average amount have risen significantly in this period.

Amid the uptick, the NRA is planning what it describes as a “major” news conference on Friday. In its first public statement since last week’s shooting, issued Tuesday by an aide to NRA President Wayne LaPierre, the organization also conveyed condolences to the murder victims’ families and expressed the group’s willingness to offer “meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.” (article)

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, A New America, media bias, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Potus Gun Ban, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to NRA Sees Surge In Membership….

1. kinthenorthwest says:

How About That? Liberall Whoopi Goldberg Admits She’s a Member of the NRA

2. michellc says:

I swear I’m going to stop paying any attention to polls. I just heard on the radio the other day a poll being recited that showed it closer to 50/50 but it was worded different and asked if you were for or against more gun control.
    This poll makes me feel better that the majority of the people at least don’t want guns banned.

3. Arkindole says:

NRA…pfffft…Pry that check out of my cold dead hands.
    Where were they on all the other “incidents” going back to the LA riots? (crickets…)
    Saying NRA to me is exactly the same as using the curse word John Boehner.
    At least one thing is for sure…I won’t be seeing that “Do you want to contribute to the NRA” option in the shopping cart at CheaperThanDirt.

4. ICYMI, The NRA supported Harry Reid. Let that sink in.

5. LoudaJew says:

I’m a member of the NRA. hey, you get a free duffel bag and a mgazine subscripion. LOL one gripe. why haven’t they supported George? maybe they are waiting for more info on the case. I hope in the end, they speak up in support of George.the truth is too many pro- Second Amendment people are anti-George. just go to youtube and look up the YankeeMarshall. check out his tactical butterscotch vid. what a joke he is.

• jordan2222 says:

Although I have seen many posts from the Trayvonites about the NRA supporting George, I have never seen the NRA take an official position defending him. Maybe I missed it?

My guess is that IF they have made contributions to the defense, it has been done so it cannot be traced to them.

Does anyone know anything more about this?

• Arkindole says:

“why haven’t they supported George?”
      +FRIGGIN INFINITY AND BEYOND!
      I rest my case right there.

• LouDaJew says:

honestly, I was thinking about donating that extra 25 dollars to George. next paycheck I will. George deserves it more IMO.

• justfactsplz says:

The NRA is supporting George behind the scenes.

6. jordan2222 says:

After reading so much about the massacre in CT, I can only conclude that the only person who could have prevented it was the mother and she was killed.

Maybe, we should dig up her and her son and execute him for those who want more revenge.

There are many firearms besides the ones he used that would have obtained the same results so exactly what change in CT gun control laws would have prevented the massacre?

7. Chip Bennett says:

The most meaningful contribution the NRA can make to help ensure that this never happens again would be to offer free attendance to NRA-sponsored training courses for all licensed teachers.

• jordan2222 says:

There are other ways that teachers can be trained to defend themselves and their students. My sister, now retired, took several courses in self defense and she also carried various items like mace as did other teachers.

She said that teachers have also had to defend themselves against violent students.

• kadar2012 says:

That is only if they have changed their policy from 2006.

“First, we believe in absolutely gun-free, zero-tolerance, totally safe schools. That means no guns in America’s schools, period … with the rare exception of law enforcement officers or trained security personnel.

We believe America’s schools should be as safe as America’s airports. You can’t talk about, much less take, bombs and guns onto airplanes.Such behavior in our schools should be prosecuted just as certainly as such behavior in our airports is prosecuted.

Of the 6,000 young people the President acknowledges were caught with a gun at school during the past two years, we believe all of them should have been prosecuted. But the truth is that only
      5 were prosecuted in 1997 and just 8 in 1998. That’s not zero tolerance.

The National Rifle Association believes in no unsupervised youth access to guns, period. We have always supported holding adults responsible for wilfully and recklessly allowing access to firearms.
      Just as every kid should have a guardian who knows where he is and keeps him safe, every firearm should have a guardian who knows where it is and keeps it safely stored.”

8. czarowniczy says:

The NRA slides back and forth depending upon whom get elected to the Top Gun position. The NRA frequently seems tome as if it’s being run by Larry, Moe and Curly but it’s what we got and it’s the biggest name in the business. There are others, and I’ve joined a few of them too, but the NRA’s legislative action section is about the best there is.I renewed my membership by phone on Tuesday and I had a twenty minute wait – nothing like crisis to bring the fence-sitters out into the open.

• jordan2222 says:

I am surprised that their membership is only 4 million. I would have thought it would be much higher. Does anyone know if the names of members are available to the public?

If so, that could be a deterrent to folks joining.

9. ottawa925 says:

NRA cites games like Kindergarten Killer, although I don’t think this was the game or type of game Adam involved himself with. This is for like kids with no brain whatsoever.