Saw this report earlier…. according to someone “in the know”, mom was about to commit junior to a facility, and the same source says she volunteered at the School which  junior was jealous of.  *Note I’m not posting pictures of that guy again*

seriouslyNEWTOWN, Conn. – The gunman who slaughtered 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school may have snapped because his mother was planning to commit him to a psychiatric facility, according to a lifelong resident of the area who was familiar with the killer’s family and several of the victims’ families.

Adam Lanza, 20, targeted Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown after killing his mother early Friday because he believed she loved the school “more than she loved him,” said Joshua Flashman, 25, who grew up not far from where the shooting took place. Flashman, a U.S. Marine, is the son of a pastor at an area church where many of the victims’ families worship.

“From what I’ve been told, Adam was aware of her petitioning the court for conservatorship and (her) plans to have him committed,” Flashman told FoxNews.com. “Adam was apparently very upset about this. He thought she just wanted to send him away. From what I understand, he was really, really angry. I think this could have been it, what set him off.”

A senior law enforcement official involved in the investigation confirmed that Lanza’s anger at his mother over plans for “his future mental health treatment” is being looked at as a possible motive for the deadly shooting.  (read more)

About these ads
This entry was posted in 2nd Amendment, Death Threats, Political correctness/cultural marxism, Potus Gun Ban, Typical Prog Behavior, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Kindergarten Killer – Angry About Pending Commitment – Jealous of Normal Kids Taking Mom’s Attention….

1. diwataman says:

Wait, so now we’re back to some connection with her and the school? I thought it was established there was no connection, wtf.

She was planning on having him committed? I’ll guess I’ll state the obvious, too late.

• stellap says:

As for the “connection”, there probably wasn’t any, but the killer wasn’t thinking logically.

• I am Trademark says:

The latest is that she was a VOLUNTEER at the school..
      There was no OFFICIAL connection, as in she was not a teacher or other regular staff member.
      You can volunteer at a school and not have any official connection.
      This nutcase could have easily seen the time she spent volunteering at the school with these “normal kids” as the threat that was making her look into committing him, and thus the secondary target of his rage.
      That’s just my $0.02 is on this situation.

2. Chip Bennett says:

Two thoughts:

1) Even more damning of the ACLU and their liberal ilk who blocked the very mental health law that would have ensured that Lanza was already institutionalized.

2) Even more damning of the mother, for not ensuring that her son had absolutely no chance to access her guns.

But, hey:

3) Let’s ignore all that, and keep blaming the NRA!

3. boutis says:

Where was his father? Why was all of the responsibility on his mother? I know they were divorced but did he play any part in his life at all?

4. Lawabidingcitizen says:

What pisses me off is that the same people talking about mental health awareness are the same hypocrites who go all PC on mental health.

We can’t have it both ways… parents now march to get their kids a label as young as a few months (most do it to get those “special monetary benefits”) and once they are old enough they want everyone to walk on their toes for their “special” children. Some districts no longer do special ed classes but rather “inclusion” classes. We are closing “mental health centers” because they are so much like the institutions that used these people are guinea pigs… ummm this is not the 1940,50′s where we lobotomize everyone that comes through the door.

• Lawabidingcitizen says:

Even saying “special” is no longer PC

• TandCrumpettes says:

I very much agree with this. Seems we are overtreating people who don’t need it and undertreating those who do.

I have a par child. 50th percentile across the board – not lacking, not exceeding. She’s totally “average,” and I’m fine with that.

But mothers ask me frequently, “Why is your kid so smart? Mine’s older than her and he can’t speak but maybe 2 or 3 words!” They like to throw around possible disabilities but the red flag for me was that Mom apparently didn’t know it wasn’t “normal” for a child of three and a half to not speak in full sentences. Up until she met my child, that is, who she considers to be a freaking genius.

It just makes me wonder…do you take him to regular checkups? Do you talk to him a lot at home? Does he watch a lot of television alone? Does he not get a lot of human interaction? Why is it that you had to meet another child to compare him to after all these years? That worries me more than any possibile disability. There are loads of child-rearing books out there and each one will tell ya that a few months after birth, you’re gonna hear “Mama.” Any parent should know after 12 months whether or not something may be “up.” Something concerning. This child went more than three years and you never once thought something was up? That’s scary.

And ‘ol Doc doesn’t know the home life – Mom’s not going to admit it anyway. He has a child of 3.5 who speaks as many words…yep. Must be a disability.

Its not just learning disabilities – people ask me all the time why my child minds so much. Oh dear. My child is as much a terror as any three-year old. But she loves to be out in public and if she acts up, we LEAVE. I don’t care if I have to hire a babysitter and go back to the grocery later by myself. We WILL leave. And I WILL ask the poor stockboy to put my things back (or save them for me) because my child is not behaving. Involving strangers embarrasses her. So she minds.

It just concerns me very much that so many parents are completely clueless about their job. Their children suffer and they don’t understand why – must be some disease. I’m baffled when people say they have 5 autistic children at home (or rather, whatever number of children they have). Do doctors never question that ALL of the children have the same condition? Could it just POSSIBLY be that they were all raised by the same parents? Just possible?

I always feel the need to disclaim this, but I do not believe environment is the cause of all mental instability. I do, however, strongly believe that often a child can be raised a certain way that their behavior APPEARS to be mental.

No parent is going to tell Doc Jones, “Please help Timmy – he can’t read and he has fits of rage. Oh yeah, I have a 2nd grade education, I’m illiterate and don’t care. Timmy knows I’m illiterate, too! I don’t care about my child’s education and we just use school as a babysitting service. I play Farmville rather than read to him. We watch South Park instead of Mr. Rogers. I have a new boyfriend every week and half of them came home drunk and abused my child. I don’t know why Timmy is the way he is, though.”

They’re really just going to say the first and last sentence. Fix him, Doc! Now the poor kid’s got a label to live with for the rest of his life that he never needed in the first place.

5. griz1234 says:

Has it even been confirmed that he used the Bushmaster .223 rifle?

It’s amazing how EVERY detail has been gotten wrong by the MSM from the get-go.

6. justfactsplz says:

This mother should have never let her son know her plans to put him in an institution. She took a big risk and look what it caused. She also should never have had weapons where he had access to them and should never have taken this mentally disturbed son to the gun range. Addressing mental illness is the answer, not gun control.

• bp says:

I think this is another fake report. Who would be doing paperwork about a committment and leave it around the house? The guns are beyond comprehension with this clearly mentally ill 20 year old around? I will be surprised if she had any connection to the school. Betwwen going to the Pub, flying around the country and leaving Adam alone, what was going on here?

• justfactsplz says:

There is no telling. We certainly will never know because we can’t believe the media for sure. I do think the mother is responsible in many ways.

7. Arkindole says:

Karl Denninger posted this earlier today. A lot of people have missed the statements that Lanza was on “anti-psychotics”. That translates to schizophrenic.
    “…but it cites Adam’s uncle who said he was taking an anti-psychotic drug called Fanapt”
    This is a newly approved drug that basically got through Phase 3 trials on questionable data manipulation. The issue was/is side effects. Think the FDA will take the rap? Will we see the drug anywhere in the narrative?

• dizzymissl says:

I read that he was on no medications.

• Sam says:

If he really was taking Fanapt, it will probably be buried. Fanapt treats schizophrenia, which someone called the 800 lb gorilla of mental illness. It took ages to come out that one of the Columbine killers was taking the drug Luvox, an SSRI type antidepressant. Both drugs can cause what docs call suicidal ideation. Some drugs like these can cause rage.

• ackbarsays says:

Sam, see my comment below regarding Fanapt being buried in this story. Very curious.

• Sam says:

Curious indeed. This makes me think he probably was taking an antipsychotic drug. Drug companies do not want the publicity of a murderer having taking one of their psychotropic drugs. Fear of lawsuits by the victims’ families probably drives it.

• kathyca says:

I was once prescribed a mild anti-d for an off label use for neuropathy. I was on it for less than two weeks and in that time I experienenced what it must be like to have an actual mental illness. It’s impossible to describe, but I just wasn’t “myself” inside my head . I called my doc and said this can’t be right. He said no, it’s normal and would subside after a little while. I told him no way I was going to get “used” to my new self and was done. I wasn’t suicidal or homicidal at all, but I felt like an alien had invaded my brain and I was just physically miserable as well. In addition to that, I would get “zaps” at the very top of my neck, right where it meets the skull. It literally felt like someone was unplugging me. Creepy. There’s no way anyone can convince me that these drugs are good for many people at all and I wonder if they’re not responsible for a lot of the crazy behavior we see these days the way they’re doled out like candy.

• Sam says:

Neuropathy’s no fun at all. One of my uncles had peripheral neuropathy from cancer treatments. Since he was old, he was on Percocet. With it, he felt very little pain and was able to continue golfing for a while. His doctor first tried antidepressants for his pain, but my uncle quit them for the same reason you did, Kathy. They made him feel “odd” and “not like himself.”

• John Galt says:

Wanna bet this is the “other” mental problem that ABC refused to mention? If uncle knew, then brother knew, then ABC knew. Refer to schizophrenia as “other” and publish pic circa age 12 so as not to distract from gun ban agenda. Those clever progs. : )

• ackbarsays says:

The article that comes up when you do a search for “adam lanza fanapt” cites another article that supposedly says that the Uncle said he was on Fanapt. However, that original article has been scrubbed of any such reference. It was definitely there at one time, because there are dozens (if not more) links to it.

The NY Magazine article that discusses this: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/12/aspergers-is-a-red-herring-to-explain-newtown.html

Adam Lanza’s mother had been increasingly concerned over her son’s well-being in the weeks before the tragedy, telling a friend just a week before that he was “getting worse” and that “she was losing him,” the New York Daily News reported. That report makes no mention of Asperger’s syndrome, but it cites Adam’s uncle who said he was taking an anti-psychotic drug called Fanapt.

However, if you click the link that they give you for the New York Daily News, it takes you to this page, where there is now no mention of Fanapt. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nancy-lanza-feared-son-adam-worse-article-1.1221505

So, the question is – if the uncle really did say this, why has the information now been scrubbed? If he DIDN’T say this, then why did the NY Daily News originally report that he did, and why did they scrub that information without notification on the page that it had been scrubbed for cause? Note the byline at the top of the page on the 2nd link I posted above:

Published: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 1:28 PM
      Updated: Monday, December 17, 2012, 9:17 AM

Who edited it, and why did they remove the reference to Fanapt? I noticed that in the comments, someone is asking this question:

EvelynPringle 24 hours ago
      Didn’t the original version of this story say that Adam Lanza was taking the drug Fanapt? I am an investigative journalist and several people contacted me to tell me this but I informed them that the story does not say that.

They all said that the paragraph with that statement had been removed. I would like to know why and who did that.

jane1723 hours ago
      The writers were fooled by someone pretending to be Adam Lanza’s uncle. Instead of fessing up about this they have simply deleted that part of the article.

So someone claims that the article was scrubbed because it was misinformation. However, if you do a search for “Adam Lanza Fanapt uncle hoax” then you don’t get any relevant hits. So, is “jane1723″ a false name created simply for the purpose of telling people that it was a hoax, as if it’s common knowledge, when in reality the paper scrubbed the information about Fanapt because of pressure from the anti-gun lobby?

• dizzymissl says:

jane1723 does come up on other websites.

• dizzymissl says:

Here is the original info:

Back in September, Lanza and her disturbed son seemed happy at a family barbecue in Danbury, Conn., according to Adam’s uncle Jonathan Lanza.

“I’m just in shock right now. It’s like a nightmare. It’s so surreal,” said the uncle, 39.

Adam, he said, was taking the anti-psychotic drug, Fanapt, but had never showed any violent tendencies.

“He is shy. He never yells at no one. He would help her with dishes, laundry, groceries, picking up sticks, everything and anything possible,” Lanza said of his notorious nephew. “He never yelled at her, and she never yelled at him. It’s not like they had a rocky relationship.What made him snap? Was it the medication?”

8. akathesob says:

It is the gun’s fault. It matters not that a human pulled the trigger. (OK so I am a smartazz)

9. labrat says:

Based on my experience as the ex-wife of a bi-polar alcoholic drug abuser (17 yrs), a daughter with a working diagnosis of “aspergers” (not sure I agree with it), and a sort of foster daughter with a working diagnosis of bi-polar, this report doesn’t ring true to me. The only way you can get someone committed is if you can demonstarte that they pose a danger to themselves or others or that they are incapable of self-care. The problem is YOU CANNOT PREDICT HUMAN BEHAVIOR.
    Please don’t judge the parents of this guy too harshly. Getting help isn’t as easy as it sounds. Getting the right help is even harder. The most common “help” available is “try this drug and see how it goes” and/or expensive and for the most part ineffective “counselling”. No one really seems to have any real answers. I wish there truly was effective mental health care but so far I haven’t found it.

10. Sam says:

I had a schizophrenic relative, who mercifully died some years ago. It was impossible to get help for this man. Part of schizophrenia is thinking that you are sane and everyone else is crazy. It’s a symptom of the disease. They refuse medication due to side effects and reject counseling or hospitalization. It’s very difficult for their families to cope.

Fifty years ago, it was easier to commit someone to a mental institution for weeks or months. Then in the ’60s and 70s the experts decided that the mentally ill should be “mainstreamed” and closed the psych hospitals and released the patients. Many of them live on the streets and the only way they get even minimum treatment is to commit a crime. By committing a crime and being obviously loony, they can be put on a legal psych hold for 72 hours. That’s just enough time for them to be given fast acting meds like major tranquillizers and calm down. Then they are released again. The process repeats over and over until they finally commit a serious crime and get jailed. Jailed, not committed to a mental hospital. Unfortunately some start out with serious crimes. Their families have usually been unable to get long term help for them, since no one wants to spend the money for long term care for the mentally ill. Individuals can’t afford it. Insurers don’t cover it. States either can’t or won’t spend for it.

Getting someone judicially declared incompetent isn’t easy. A diagnosis of severe mental illness isn’t adequate. A criminal history isn’t adequate. A record of psych holds isn’t adequate. Basically, all you can get is a prescription and a referral to counseling for the person, as labrat says. The schizophrenic drops the script into the nearest trash can and out the door he goes. Just hope you don’t meet him when he’s angry and the voices are telling him to defend himself.

11. Bongo says:

Adam Lanza’s mother was a fool for not having kept her powerful weapons and ammunition in a heavy locked gunsafe. Unfortunately, she paid the ultimate price for her recklessness. She was making plans to have her son committed to a mental health facility, yet she left those guns where he could get his evil hands on them. Such a shame.

12. hxbuff says:

I work in correctional facilities, in the medical department. And, yes, jails are becoming, de facto, the new mental institutions.

13. david says:

Wanna trip a gun grabbing liberal lunatic up? Ask them why there is such low gun crime in Texas!

14. flaladybug says:

You summed it up PERFECTLY TandC!! I have 4 sons and each have their strengths and weaknesses. They are taught to work to improve each aspect of themselves whenever possible. When we had our second…my husband and I made the decision for me to quit work and stay home with our kids. We have struggled financially at times and I have had my moments of “FORGET THIS I’M GOING BACK TO WORK OUT THERE!”Lol. But in the long run it has been the right choice for us. When my 3rd child was born….it wasn’t long before we noticed some concerning behavior. Like you, reading and interaction has always been a priority within our home however he struggled more in speech, attention span and being able to calm himself when needed. Doc said “ASBERGER SYNDROME ” and wrote a script. After many sleepless nights and HOURS of research, we decided to forgo the drugs and instead enrolled him in speech therapy ( which I attended with him) and I volunteered at a daycare so he could socialize with other children more regularly than a play ate per week. 4 years later and he just STARRED in his school play!!! We were astonished at the transformation. I realize mental illness is real and different approaches are necessary, but I think parents, doctors, teachers, etc. should try EVERYTHING available…. .not just doping them up to make them MANAGEABLE!! You sound like a FANTASTIC PARENT….your daughter is VERY LUCKY!!

;)

15. czarowniczy says:

State of Louisiana has been cutting mental facilities for years now which is why about 40% of what we had to deal with on the streets was – to use a non-PC police term – F’n nut cases. The area under the I-10 from the Superdome down Claiborn for a couple of miles was a crash-pad for homeless and a goodly number were straight-up 99-cents short of a dollar. When the old Charity Hospital was around they had a program where the mentally challenged could come in and get their meds but many started feeling well after a course of meds and stopped taking the pills. Now many of the state run hospitals have been ‘privatized’ (can’t wait to see which political donors got those contracts) but have far fewer beds than the state-run ones did. New Orleans city government took care of the homeless problem before the Mardi Gras and Superbowl crowds get here they ran them off and fenced their flop spots so that the national TV crews won’t see them. They’ll start showing up in populated neighborhoods (“Coming Soon to a Garage Near You!!) and many of those who were still getting meds at the clinics downtown will stop taking them as they can’t get back uptown to the clinics. If the government doesn’t go back to dealing with the ‘cognitively challenged’ wandering our streets we will see more of these problems. You hear about school shootings that take 20+ lives at one time but you do not hear about the mental cases roaming the streets that take one life at a time. The mental health cases out there are too much of a potential threat to play money games with, the Feds were the main force behind forcing the closing of the mental treatment facilities so they should be the main force behind finding a VIABLE solution.

16. jordan2222 says:

So the bottom line is that we don’t all of the details of what happened. We have conflicting reports about his and his Mom’s behavior . We don’t know what drugs, if any, he was taking. We don’t know exactly why he did it, nor do we know for sure, how it could have been prevented.

I think I am all caught up. My head hurts.

Comments are closed.