Saturday Open Thread – December 8th

Tomb of the Unknown ChristmasOur Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

110 Responses to Saturday Open Thread – December 8th

1. ctdar says:

Morning all, anybody see this movie Last Ounce of Courage? I initially thought it got zero publicity while it was in theaters due to the war theme but after seeing a commercial last night realized it’s more than that; the father goes after reigniting the beliefs our country was founded on.

2. ctdar says:

Anbody catch this interview, author Brad Thor was just on fox this morning where he reiterated the question why was Stevens in Benghazi on that historical date after learning of the protests in Egypt. He also asked why use fire on concrete buildings and not a mortar attack unless of course the reasoning was to “smoke Stevens out and perhaps kidnap him in order to trade him for someone else”.

3. Arkindole says:

State Department Spent 4.5 Million for Embassy Art, Had No Money for Benghazi Security

We goldfish is doing jus fine

• stellap says:

Just saw this on the FB. Disgusting.

• ytz4mee says:

Meh. I refuse to spend my money supporting their crap. There are very few movies I have seen in the past five years, and the majority are independent productions made by Conservatives. I went to 2016 mostly to support the film maker and the cause.

It’s their country now. I have chosen to opt out. Their accolades to each other mean nothing. It’s like Pulitzers and Nobels. They have lost any real meaning and just are another form of self-congratulatory credentialism for Progressives. I think teh Won’s Peace Prize was the nail in the coffin of credibility for any of these “awards”.

4. Can one of y’all come over and clean my house? Because I am waaaay too hungover and it really needs to get done.

Thanks in advance!

5. cajunkelly says:

Ex-GOP Gov. Crist tweets he’s joining Democrats

Is anyone surprised? Not me.

Better the enemy I know than the one I don’t.

6. cajunkelly says:

And obama has him scheduled for WH entertainment. Again, anyone suprised?

Long before Korean star PSY got America to dance “Gangnam Style,” he had a different rap: Urging the torture and murder of Americans.

The portly performer, with his trademark sunglasses and garish suits, is riding an international wave of popularity thanks to his smash hit and accompanying video. He’s scheduled to perform the song, and presumably, his quirky dance moves at the “Christmas in Washington” concert Dec. 21 with President Obama in attendance. But one hopes he won’t dip into his archives when he puts together the presidential playlist.

“Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers.”

– PSY, in a 2004 rap performance

“Kill those f—ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives,” PSY rapped on a South Korean band’s 2004 song, “Dear Americans.”

And more vile verses followed:

“Kill those f—ing Yankees who ordered them to torture.”

“Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers.”

“Kill them all slowly and painfully.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/12/07/psy-cho-korean-rapper-once-sang-killing-americans/?intcmp=features#ixzz2ETfKni9U

Of course NOW psy-co says:
    In a statement Friday, PSY said the protests were part of a “deeply emotional” reaction to the war and the killing of two Korean school girls. The rapper said he “will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/12/07/psy-cho-korean-rapper-once-sang-killing-americans/?intcmp=features#ixzz2ETfy6rVy

7. stellap says:

Funny – Farmer Style (speaking of Psy):

8. nameofthepen says:

♫ Here comes Santa Claus,
    ♫ Here comes Santa Claus,
    ♫ Right down….Oooooooopsie! :shock:

9. ctdar says:

Illegal Alien receives free kidney transplant… Ok, really? He says from his hospital bed “why can’t we be treated the same”. Listen Mr Gimme Dat, do the heavy lifting & follow the law like other individuals did to become US Citizens first but until than stuff the talking points someone fed you to say because it doesn’t & will never fly with me.

• cajunkelly says:

Yeah Mr. Gimme, if we’re all “treated the same” WE could break the law and face no repercussions just like YOU! Maybe someone could kick your ass all the way back across the border and get away with it.

If we’re all “treated the same”, LEGAL residents of this country could get “FREE” kidney transplants too!

jackass :evil:

• cajunkelly says:

Give ya three guesses;

Mariscal’s treatment is far from over. The pills he’ll need to make sure his body doesn’t reject the new organ can cost upward of $10,000 a year for the rest of his life. And paying for those, just like the surgery, is complicated by his immigration status.

Although Loyola agreed to cover the costs of the transplant, Mariscal will have to pay for the medicine. He applied for a grant through the Simon Bolivar Foundation, a medical nonprofit, that would help cover his first year of anti-rejection pills. But without health insurance, he expects he’ll have to pay for most of his medication.

10. Sharon says:

The comments are worth a read as well. Nothing we didn’t already know…a good summary of the obvious (except to our betters in the gubmint).

Excerpt:

…. Egypt, the world’s most important Arab country, is violently convulsing before our eyes in direct reaction to the suffocation that is Islamist rule. So, will we finally take the lesson? Will we finally come to understand why democracy and Islamic supremacism cannot coexist?

Western democracy has Judeo-Christian underpinnings. At its core is the equal dignity of every person. This sacred commitment, ironically, enables our bedrock secular guarantee: freedom of conscience. It is anathema to the Brotherhood. As their guiding jurist, Sheikh Yusuf Qaradawi, teaches: “Secularism can never enjoy general acceptance in an Islamic society.” This is because “the acceptance of secularism means abandonment of sharia.”

• oriana88 says:

Well, Sharon, great minds think alike! I’ve just read that fine column and have thought of sending it out–even to those who most need to see it, but will NOT appreciate it. Those “folks” would be all the mainly secular dupes among my family and friends. I’m hesitating though: they don’t have the ears to hear or the eyes to see, and I usually just end up in the dog house. A conundrum!

• oriana88 says:

P.S. Right here, among oother things, I love the Arlington picture, The Lord’s Prayer, the young farmers, and the snow falling. Many thanks!

• Sharon says:

It is a conundrum, isn’t it…. understanding and acknowledging reality is a choice. Those who choose not to understand are pretty well beyond persuasion. I suppose they are protecting some sense of security and safety and “peacefulness” and just don’t want anything rock their boat. If I acknowledge my boat is really full of leaks, there’s going to be some angst and some work and some dis-ease…and more choices to make. Some folks don’t want that.

11. Sharon says:

Here’s a handy-dandy new source for the rulers around the ME and parts of Asia who would so dearly love to have their own Sarin bombs, but don’t have the wherewithal to make it happen. Syria may become a distributor!

The headline: Syrian Bombs Are Now Filled With Chemicals — And Could Be Up for Grabs

Danger Room What’s Next in National Security Chem Bio & Nukes

Syrian Bombs Are Now Filled With Chemicals — And Could Be Up for Grabs

By Noah Shachtman12.07.121:45 PM

The Bashir Assad regime in Syria is loading of some of its weapons with deadly nerve agents, and mixing together the chemical precursors needed to carry out a sarin-laced attack. But that may not be the biggest chemical threat Syria faces. There’s also an increasing chance that a terror group might get its hands on some of the planet’s most gruesome chemical arms

Wonder if POTUS will have time to look into potential issues here before he’s off to the beaches for the rest of the month. The useful shelf life on these particular products is 60 days, so customers will need to order quickly in order to have them on hand for use during January or early February.

As I understand it, training in use of the product is not available so expect unexpected deaths, in addition to the tens of thousands purposeful deaths. As an outreach to Muslims, the EPA may be looking into providing training in the handling of these weapons. /sarc

• Gosh…always glad for a Navy win but the Army QB was so devastated. Had me in tears!

• Sharon says:

Tilda, you and I are on the same page. The win is good–but not like that. I was in tears, too…even got mad at the camera as in, “Take the camera OFF him!” I’m so glad his friends and fellow athletes (and superior officers) just kept hanging on to him. In the scheme of the whole world’s pain these days, it’s relative obviously, but individual pain is what it is. He won’t be finishing this particular game for a long time.

• auscitizenmom says:

I am glad I am not the only one who had that experience. I cheered for Navy and then cried for Army. Not much of a sports fan, huh?

• Ad rem says:

Yeah…..GO NAVY!!! :-D

12. stellap says:

This is so cool –

13. howie says:

This is amazing. I just had a conversation with my neighbor. A really nice guy who voted Obama. I told him about my company reducing hours on workers to part time because of Obamacare. He said that Obamacare is not from Obama but from Bush. This is a brainwashed person. I kid you not. It is like he is hypnotized. I don’t think he even knew he said it.

14. WeeWeed says:

Damn!! I’m late – been shoppin’ agin’!! Lemme go find the bar…..that one last night had good service, as I recall…..

Photobucket

15. cajunkelly says:

I’ve a question for all the IT brains.

I have a video on my smart phone (Samsung Galaxy Note) that is too large to send to others via text or email. What’s the best way to send it to the subjects of the video?

LOL, no it’s not anything naughty. Several friends, DH and I, met at Buffulo Wild Wings last night and two male friends took the “blazing wings challenge”. One failed, one succeeded. It was hilarious!

The two challengers would like a copy of my video.

HELP! Please, pretty please? :)

• stellap says:

Puddy is the expert, but you could set up a YouTube account, and upload it there. You can make your account private, and just send a link to your friends.

• sundance says:

If you have a photobucket acct you can download movies there too. The acct is free and they have a mobile platform…. I’ve never done it, but I note the option to do it exists.

• rumpole2 says:

Sundance is correct… but I have had little luck getting Vids uploaded to Photobucket.. tried a few times and they failed for various reasons.. not tried lately.
      Stellap’s answer I go along with.
      YT seems to work well.. and it does have the option of “Private” You get to name up to 50 other YT members… but you can only share with people who have YT account.
      YT also has the option of “Unlisted”… people need to KNOW the web address
      I use “Unlisted” to share personal vids with family and friends.

16. anwtex says:

“Maybe we should send this to the ones who want to change our national anthem because it is too hard to sing, and the words are too hard to remember!!”
    “She’s only 5″