Kate and William leave hospital(SUN UK ) THE nurse who took a prank call from two Australian  DJs asking about the  pregnant Duchess of Cambridge has been found dead this  morning.

Mum-of-two Jacintha Saldanha, 46, is believed to have committed suicide as  police are not treating the death as suspicious.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge issued a statement saying they were “deeply  saddened” by the death of Jacintha, described by the hospital as an “excellent  nurse” who was “well respected and popular” with colleagues.

A statement from the family of the tragic nurse said they are “deeply  saddened  by the loss of our beloved Jacintha”.

DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian made the prank call from Down Under,  impersonating Prince Charles and the Queen to get information about Kate’s  condition.

Mel Graig and Michael Christian - DJs

The duo — whose station is notorious for courting controversy — were amazed  when their dodgy uppercrust British accents got them put through to Kate’s  ward.

Tonight Australian radio station 2Day FM said the DJs were “shocked”  and  “will not return to their radio show until further notice out of  respect for  what can only be described as a tragedy”.  (read more)

About these ads
This entry was posted in Death Threats, Humor & Quizzes, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Pranked To Fatal Humiliation – Nurse Recipient Of Prank Call Commits Suicide – Horrible Outcome To Prank Call

1. nobaddog says:

This really makes me sad. It was a joke but obviously she took her job seriously. She thought it was the Queen calling and you don’t question the Queen. I wouldn’t want to be the DJ’s

2. Sharon says:

She chose to take her life rather than face the embarrassing consequences of a serious misjudgment. Regardless of what the idiot radio djs did, that was not her only option. She is the one who decided to escalate this stupidity to an impossible-to-solve level. I’m very sorry for her family.

I can only hope that the palace gets their act together regarding security for members of the royal family. The fact is, the royal stoopids bear some responsibility for this for not putting protective screenings in place. Good grief, when DH was in the hospital 2 years ago for hip replacement, I couldn’t even access information about him by phone without providing # codes to the nurses to prove I had a right to it.

• ctdar says:

That’s exactly what I thought, if you have a VIP in your care no information should be given out unless they are “on the list” and can prove it. I think what happened is a perfect example of the sheeple affect…nurse meant well, wanted to please so didnt question authority (fake Queen).
      In our schools the medical release asks if necessary can they get permission for Pediatrician to fax information to the school nurse ABSOLUTELY NOT because once info gets sent out you have NO assurance that the school nurse will be on the receiving end, could be the janitor for all you know reading your child’s private info.

3. sundance says:

First thought I had after that poor woman’s family was Prince William.

Talk about a SERIOUS reason to continue to hate the media. :(

4. Bongo says:

As sad as this untimely death is, I don’t blame the DJ’s for causing it. All they did was make a daily prank phone call and like they said, they didn’t expect to get connected anywhere. They fully expected to be hung up on. The young voice they used was obviously contrived and if the nurse was embarrassed and most likely scolded by her superiors, it’s on them, not the DJ’s.

Are people that overly sensitive nowadays that they cannot handle a little embarrassment? As G. Gordon Liddy used to proclaim, “That which does not kill me only serves to make me stronger”.

• Sharon says:

Just want to underscore what you already said–the DJs did not cause this death. Suicide means it’s a do-it-yourself. The woman who died is the one who caused her death.

I absolutely do not get that palace planners are so clueless, considering what has already happened to William. There’s some level of negligence there, or just slow learners? I don’t know.

• anwtex says:

I agree…..DJ’s not responsible. There must have been something lurking in the dark recesses or perhaps not a suicide, something more sinister? All I’ve heard is “apparent” suicide. Perhaps I’ve missed something tho.

I believe she has a young daughter. Not certain tho it was just mentioned one time and ya know the reliability of media! Ug.

Awful anyway you look at it plus what a terrible cloud over William and his bride on what should just be a glorious time for them.

5. tara says:

I wonder why the DJs thought it would be funny to embarass someone at the hospital. They claim they never thought anyone would actually talk to them … so why did they bother to call? Honestly, are they 12 years old or something? They can’t be blamed for the suicide, but they ought to learn from this experience to just not do this kind of sh*t any more.

6. popeyes spinach brand says:

The two DJs stayed home from work “out of respect” for the nurse while just the day before they broadcast and ridiculed her??

If it was the real deal calling, was the nurse supposed to query her like a commoner? And we would too recognize the Queen’s accent, that of Prince Charles, Prince Williams if they called?

In a hospital, good, hardworking, suffering, tired nurses are bombarded by ambiguous and emergency details all day long. At the radio, meanwhile, DJs have too much time on their hands, too much foolishness, and life is just one big joke at the expense of OTHERS. THEY are SO MUCH SMARTER AND COOLER, AND THEY WILL SHOW THE REST OF THE GOOFS UP BY PLAYING PRANKS.

That one young nurse’s life and others like her are priceless treasures compared to those two plastic baubles parading about in their haircuts and glib talk. I hate them.

7. Are you sure the lizards in Buckingham Palace didn’t exact their revenge? :evil:

• ctdar says:

I initially thought that too, remember all the conspiracy talks of the palace secret police having something to do with Diana’s death.

8. Geosurface says:

I see absolutely nothing wrong with what the DJ’s did. At all.

This is part of what DJ’s on radio shows do. As Sharon said, her decision to commit suicide was on her. Entirely on her. If this hadn’t triggered it, something else might’ve sooner or later.

Yes, I can imagine it would be terribly embarrassing and I feel bad for her, I really do. She had kids and in the end might have even been able to even end up doing interviews and having a laugh about all this, getting a new job out of sympathy if she lost that one… who knows?

You don’t abandon your children because of temporary embarrassment.

Life is for the strong.

9. El Gordo Loco says:

I dont get the point of calling up and being like “This is the Queen, when are visiting hours?” Oh HA HA HA HA HA! WHY oh WHY are you not writing Hollywood screenplays you clever bas##rds?

10. 12_12_2012 says:

“deeply saddened”? and that’ s it?! a human’ s life seems of no value in this corrupt am immoral society! since today those two couples will make me sick whenever I see them