Thursday Open Thread – November 29th

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to Thursday Open Thread – November 29th

1. ytz4mee says:

Does it make me a nerd to admit that the very first thing I thought when I read this was,
    “They’re still using the Western Blot? That was “cutting edge” in my day, and I’m a dinosaur!”
    And of course, the appalling lack of ethics. Which is par for the course in Progmerica.

2. WeeWeed says:

Friday eve, kids! Good morning!

Photobucket

• texan59 says:

Well……..as one who might be considered as such by the young hipsters, I am refusing to walk off and die. I will continue to laugh at them when they wear their “new” clothes that are on their 3rd go-around. I will nod with a smile when they tell me all their super-duper methods of raising children and running businesses. I was young once and thought that some of those old-fashioned ideas were kind of silly, but since I was graced with some critical thinking abilities, I began to realize that a lot of those silly ideas were actually pretty accurate. I didn’t get a trophy for just showing up and didn’t have the sense of entitlement that many have today. That may well be our undoing. Happy Thursday all. :)

• 1harpazo says:

Great article. Thank you. I refer to myself as an a.w.o.g.

3. ctdar says:

Winning Numbers from 11/28/2012
    5, 16, 22, 23, 29 Powerball: 6
    2 Big winners AZ & MO
    But multi single million dollar winners abound :)

Wee, Stella??

4. ctdar says:

Obama & Romney to have lunch today. Jay Carney had the nerve yesterday to basically say that the President would like to talk with him about his ideas and past experience about solving some budget issues. A cabinet position??
    You got to be kiddin me…I know it’s classy for Romney to accept luncheon but personally I’d rather him come up with scheduling conflicts.

5. texan59 says:

Found over on FB. The incest isn’t just on the left. Hint- it’s about the “consultants”. h/t David Kahane

• Ms.Tee says:

Good find, Tex! One reason I won’t get too mad at Mitt is because I believe that these consultants intentionally sabotaged him toward the end of the campaign. These people don’t want conservatives,let alone Republicans, to win. Winning would mess up their paydays…

6. ctdar says:

where is Darrell Issa? Been awfully quiet :(

7. ctdar says:

Any guesses to what’s on the WH menu at Obama/Romney luncheon today?
    Turkey, humble pie, crow,
    Bet Obama keeps Romney waiting like he did Netanyahu

8. lovemygirl says:

This animation published by Australian train company, Metro Trains Melbourne, is called Dumb Ways to Die. The animated safety message uses music and dark humour to warn people against behaving recklessly around trains. According to the song, dumb
    ways to die include using your private parts as piranha bait.

[video src="http://cdn.theguardian.tv/brightcove/2012/11/28/121128DumbDie-16x9.mp4" /]

• lovemygirl says:

They need to add assaulting an armed man.

• 1harpazo says:

A true tale of dumb, dumber, and dumbest: As we departed on our train, we approached a street crossing very slowly. We witnessed a car go around the lowered crossing gates (dumb). Seconds later, a police car with emergency lights flashing followed the first car around the gates (dumber). The police officer stopped the first car in the middle of a narrow residential street. As we were about to cross the street, a third car went around the gates (dumbest). That car stopped behind the police car. Both drivers were cited by the officer.

9. Sharon says:

According to BBC News, the two men who proposed the arranged marriage and attacked her are relatives of the girl.

“Our investigation shows those who killed her were people who wanted to marry her,” a Kunduz province police official told the BBC.

Fact: This is normal cause and effect within Islam. American soldiers are in Afghanistan fighting for these people’s “freedom.” So when Islamists in Canada and the Untied States murder their young women or their wives, they are practicing freedom of worship. Their murder of non-Islamic people is also freedom of worship, since jihad in all forms is considered worship.

Fact: We’ve lost the language, so obama does get to keep on selling his lie that the Untied States supports “democracy” (i.e., mob rule) and that our dollars and soldiers’ lives are being spent in the cause of freedom. We’ve lost the language.

10. Sharon says:

“I rise today to express my reservations about the fiscal cliff negotiations that are currently underway,” said Sessions. “Over the last two years, Congress and the President have held an endless series of secret negotiations. There have been gangs of six and eight, a supercommittee of 12, talks at the Blair House and the White House. But the only thing these secret talks have produced is a government that skips from one crisis to the next. Everything has been tried but the open production of a 10-year budget plan as required by law and open discussions of the difficult choices.”

Sessions, the highest Republican on the Senate Budget Committee, saved most of his criticism for the president.

Well, well, well……Now we are to believe that the lies and the lack of a budget and the failure of Congress to abide by the law are not ok with Sen. Sessions????? Really. Little late to start making a fuss now, isn’t it?

And no, I won’t give them/him a break….calling 911 2 years after the murders next door were known to them does not constitute fulfillment of their oath of office.

Have you not noticed that every single time there are announcements or news bits like this where the truth is somewhat spoken or alluded to, your general internal response is, “Well, it’s about time.” Are we really that much smarter than them–that we know all this stuff and have known it for a long, long time– and it’s just NOW that they’re figuring it out.

Give me a break….and give them one if you want to. I won’t.

11. stellap says:

Email of the day:

The Best Smart Ass Answers

SMART ASS ANSWER #6

It was mealtime during an airline flight.
    ‘Would you like dinner?’, the flight attendant asked John, seated in front.
    ‘What are my choices?’ John asked.
    ‘Yes or no,’ she replied.

SMART ASS ANSWER #5
    A flight attendant was stationed at the departure gate to check tickets. As a man approached, she extended her hand for the ticket and he opened his trench coat and flashed her.
    Without missing a beat, she said, ‘Sir, I need to see your ticket, not your stub.’

SMART ASS ANSWER #4
    A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store but she couldn’t find one big enough for her family. She asked a stock boy, ‘ Do these turkeys get any bigger?’
    The stock boy replied, ‘No ma’am, they’re dead…’

SMART ASS ANSWER #3
    The police officer got out of his car as the kid who was stopped for speeding rolled down his window. ‘I’ve been waiting for you all day,’ the officer said.
    The kid replied, Yeah, well I got here as fast as I could.’
    When the cop finally stopped laughing, he sent the kid on his way without a ticket.

SMART ASS ANSWER #2
    A truck driver was driving along on the freeway and noticed a sign that read: Low Bridge Ahead. Before he knows it, the bridge is right in front of him and his truck gets wedged under it. Cars are backed up for miles.
    Finally a police car comes up. The cop gets out of his car and walks to the truck driver, puts his hands on his hips and says, ‘Got stuck, huh?’
    The truck driver says, ‘No, I was delivering this bridge and I ran out of gas.’

SMART ASS ANSWER OF THE YEAR
    A college teacher reminds her class of tomorrow’s final exam. ‘Now class, I won’t tolerate any excuses for you not being here tomorrow. I might consider a nuclear attack or a serious personal injury, illness, or a death in your immediate family, but that’s it, no other excuses whatsoever!’
    A smart-ass student in the back of the room raised his hand and asked, ‘What would you say if tomorrow I said I was suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion?’
    The entire class is reduced to laughter and snickering. When silence was restored, the teacher smiled knowingly at the student, shook her head and sweetly said, ‘Well, I guess you’d have to write the exam with your other hand.’

A BONUS EXTRA
    A woman is standing nude looking in the bedroom mirror. She is not happy with what she sees and says to her husband, ‘I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly… I really need you to pay me a compliment.’
    The husband replies, ‘Your eyesight’s damn near perfect.

12. stellap says:

Rush Limbaugh from today’s radio show. Democrats are after your 401K.

• cajunkelly says:

I repeat; they will *not* get my 401K. I’ll cash out every damn dime of it and pay the penalty. OR I will “borrow” every dime of it from myself…if cashing it out is not allowed.

Borrow from myself and pay myself back, with interest. It’s done regularly by those with 401Ks.

15 years ago it was not within the scope of an American’s imagination that the goverment would even *think* about siezing someone’s PRIVATE retirement funding.

How far we have fallen.

• WeeWeed says:

Absolutely they are. I do not think we need worry too much for the next year….. (yeah, famous last words, I know….) but that will absolutely bring out the bullets and full financial collapse. Herr Idi Benghazi is not quite ready for that. Yet.

• texan59 says:

This was on my msn homepage today. This chick is the one proposing the takeaway. See if you can tell what she’s doing in this article. :evil:

• WeeWeed says:

Heard that on my $8 dollah radio today. Stupid bitch must live in the twilight zone. What part of me working, contributing my 5% and trading it in for $600.00 annually does she not get, I ask you. ME: “Oh, yeah!!! I’ma work my ass off at a job I hate so I can help dead-ass, liberal, no-working, crack-head, Obamaphone stupid couchpotato welfare wasteofair worthless sumsabitches get THEIR $600.00 a year, too!! THAT’S the ticket!!” I SO get that. :evil:

• texan59 says:

Well said my friend. Well said. Did ya read the one up above about the asshat consultants. Didn’t know if your pressure was up enough.

The longet this goes on, the more I wonder if there are ANY in Congress who give a sh!t about any of us. ANY!!! I’ve ’bout had it with all of them. :twisted:

FEMA FEMA FEMA JIHAD PIPEBOMB

• WeeWeed says:

Plus. I add a caution here, as I’m sure Herr Pee-Pee in a Jar-Jar is counting on a run on the banks. I’m Sure Of It. Wait and watch. Handing generational welfare recipients MY fish instead of teaching them to catch their own cannot last long.

• texan59 says:

Can I have a snork wipe please. No doubt they will tie this stuff up in a pretty little bow before they put the hammer down. Within the next 6-12 months, I’m gonna see what, if any options I have. The good news is we are being bought out by a bigger company, so there might just be some way to pull all the money out. Anyone should be able to pull 50% out with any problem. Since I’ve got about $17 dollars and three baseball cards in my 401k, it’s not quite as big a deal. :evil:

I would be happy to take a number of these misfits offshore on John Kerry’s yacht to go fishin’. Then see how many can swim back to shore from int’l. waters.

• cajunkelly says:

I *used* to take comfort in “nahh they can’t do that, it’s unconstitutional/illegal!”

Well we see how fast that has gone down the drain.

• texan59 says:

I hate to say it – but I don’t believe these thugs think that anything is out of bounds. They have no limits and they know that no one in DC has the balls to stop them. They will push things as far as they can. They don’t believe in the legitimacy of the courts, the Congress,or the people.

13. texan59 says:

Glo-bull warming, glo-bull warming, glo-bull warming!!! It’s here, it’s here. Make it stop. Please, please please make it stop Teh Won. What shall we do? :twisted:

14. ctdar says: