Monday Open Thread – November 26th

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to Monday Open Thread – November 26th

1. ytz4mee says:

Morning, all. Super crispy bacon is the order of the day.
    “Gun Control: Here’s how it will be accomplished”.
    Frog-Water theory of incrementalism. Interesting take on it.

2. ytz4mee says:

More frog, water …. but, hey if it saves me a few bucks on my car insurance, it must be worth it, right? Right? Best part is …. I voluntarily install it myself! Huzzah!

• texan59 says:

I have seen the Progressive commercials and I was creeped out the first time I saw it. Mrs. Tex saw it yesterday for the first time and just gave me that look. :shock:

• michellc says:

I remember when an intelligent old man told me after it became law we must click it or ticket that this country was going to hell in a hand basket and it was all downhill from here. I didn’t much like the law and thought government was treating me like a child, but hey it was just another vehicle law, so surely he was getting just a bit overexcited. Since that time I have steadily watched it all go downhill.
      One of the other things I remember him saying was after Obama’s famous DNC speech, “God help us if that man ever runs for President, Satan will throw a party in hell.”
      He passed away at 95 two years before Obama was elected President, almost to the day.

• cajunkelly says:

I’ve been raging about this “Progressive” initiated movement for over a year.

WHY would people subject themselves to this?

Oh, and now you can “try before you buy”. Uh huh, and just *what* is done with this information they have gathered on you if you decide (or don’t qualify because of what this device discovered about your driving habits) not to buy?

Freaking sheeple. :evil:

• texan59 says:

“Freaking sheeple” – Bingo!

These are the same people who, in a few years, you will be able to tell them they’re going to a barbecue and they’ll shuffle on to their own demise.

3. ctdar says:

Stellap posted article about the fraudulent certification test taking for teachers yesterday but I just noticed that it went on for a period of 15 YEARS in the 3 states!!

4. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ kids! Happy Monday!! “Shut Up, Grandpa”

• texan59 says:

Mornin’ Wee. I’mmmmmm back. ;)

I read and re-read this one and I think my “pressure” went up about 40 points. I have seen this time after time the last several years, in person and in the media and I just almost start shaking.

• cajunkelly says:

Uh uh, I know of one Grandpa that needs to shut up and go AWAY, and he ain’t a Republican.

Dirty Harry

5. WeeWeed says:

“..Meanwhile, the statement “we get the government we deserve” proves to be ever so true. Just ask the folks in Osceola and SE Orange County.” :roll:

• texan59 says:

For those out there who thought the Wal-Mart protests were unsuccessful, do not despair. The SEIU and all the other union goons are not done. They have four years to pound and pound someone like this into submission. They are emboldened and will not be encumbered by the administration in any way, shape or form. It ain’t gonna be pretty.

• cajunkelly says:

And the effin sheeple employees think these unions are lookin out for them.

BULL BUTTER!

These unions see huge dollar signs in the form of unions dues. Via these union dues they see security for their HUGE saleried positions.

I live in a right-to-work state. There was a time I was in a union, then I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 8, for the union honchos, and got OUT.

• texan59 says:

While I don’t have definitive proof, the numbers I see are that on average, a union gets about $1k/yr for every union member. So let’s say that a union gets 1,000 W-M ee’s. That’s $1m/yr. If they were to get 50,000 ee’s, they’re now up to $50m/year, just in dues. That’s only 2.5% of the W-M ee’s. Any questions on why the union goons are going after them. :evil:

• cajunkelly says:

Again, these effin sheeple need to do their research before they agree to fatten the union thugs’ calf. Not sure this is true of all unions and/or states, but the one *I* was in was required….read that MANDATED to represent the employee (in an open shop) re a grievance regardless of whether or not that employee was a dues paying union member or not.

Now given that FACT, I’d have been STUPID to continue handing over dues money to them every week.

In addition, these unions make it damn near impossible to get out of their union once you join.

Example: you can only unjoin on your anniversary date, and that notice must be received by them (damn well better send it certified/return receipt) no less than ten days, but not more than 30 days from your anniversary date.

• texan59 says:

Anyone out there want to tell me that our side knows how to deliver a message yet? I am preparing for this to be my last decent Christmas for a long time. Next week, the d’s will talk of ruining the new year and inauguration. In January, they will talk about how we will ruin Valentine’s Day. In Feb., talk will be how we will ruin Spring Break for the chirrens. They won’t let up. :evil:

6. ctdar says:

If you cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen. elder republicans need to step aside from leadership positions in the party and turn the reigns over with dignity to the youngbloods for anything to get done.

• canadacan says:

That was a great article I read it earlier It works for Texas ,works for Georgia. Are good chance to watch the free enterprise system at work

• michellc says:

My daughter was telling me about a couple she met that was from Illinois who told her they moved here because land and property taxes were cheaper but we had crazy gun laws and our politicians talk too much about God, guns and against abortion, so they hoped more of their friends would move here to make the state more blue.
      She asked them if they were stupid? We have lower property costs, lower property taxes because we’re conservative. We like God, guns and we hate abortion. So if you don’t want to adapt to our way of life then take your liberal bs back to Illinois where you can have higher property costs, higher property taxes and higher unemployment and you can have politicians who talk about abortion rights instead of God and guns.

I’ve heard stuff like this from liberals before, usually about Texas, moving to Texas because of jobs and no income tax but wanting to bring their stupid liberal ideas that caused their state to have fewer jobs, high income tax, property tax, etc. to their new state.
      As the joke says you can’t fix stupid.

7. waltherppk says:

Un-effin’-believable Get this …Texas schools are teaching the Boston Tea Party was a terrorist act……..(not a patriotic protest) ….but a “terrorist act” Folks what else but revisionist history as seen through a Marxist lens is this crap ? Texas needs to do some house cleaning …they have a problem with prog vermin…….like “the rats are in the corn” in that movie “The Stand” .

No way is this a prog scheme to malign the Tea Party….noooooo ….that would be far fetched huh

8. cajunkelly says:

A response to Mark Steyn’s latest column:

Cirilo Perera · Top Commenter

Take it from me, a refugee from one of the _opera buffa_ failed states of Latin America: this U. S. A., this beautiful, wonderful country–distinguished by its rule of law, responsible liberty, individual opportunity, and seriousness of purpose–that I have loved so much is rapidly becoming indistinguishable from the corrupt, politically immature, feckless banana republics to our south. I am saddened beyond my powers of expression.

9. ctdar says:

SCOTUS kicks obamacare challenge back to fourth circuit court of appeals due to
    one of the Plaintiffs, Liberty University, charge that Congress over stepped its power in setting the rules. I particularly like the last sentance of article where Obama adminsitration admits all the information wasn’t available when law was passed….

• Sharon says:

More great news about the lack of intellectual comprehension in Washington–apparently they truly didn’t expect that any/many of the states would actually choose to NOT foot the bill and the chaos for setting up state systems to jam obamacare down everyone’s throats. From Human Events:

John GeorgeStGeorge • 8 hours ago −

And this is the winning comment:

Congratulations to the Democrats and Young People! You now own it and you can’t blame Bush.
      The next terrorist attack you own it.
      Can’t get a job after graduation, you own it.
      Sky rocketing energy prices due to Obama’s EPA shutting down the energy producing states, you own it.
      A nuclear Iran, you own it.
      Bowing to Russia, you own it.
      Another severe recession, you own it.
      A volatile border with Mexico, you own it.
      Trouble getting good health care, you own it.
      Higher health insurance costs and health care costs, you own it.
      No budget, you own it.
      Our allies mistrust, you own it.
      Another trillion of debt, you own it.
      More Benghazi situations, you own it.
      No one willing to join the military, you own it.
      Trouble getting a loan to buy a home, you own it.
      More dependency on food stamps, you own it.
      Trouble finding good employment, you own it.
      Several part time jobs instead of a good job, you own it.
      A World Government, you own it.
      The UN governing the United States instead of ourselves, you own it.
      A Senate that will not bring any legislation to the table even if it is “Dead on Arrival”, you own it.
      China controlling our world trade trampling all over us, you own it.
      Loss of our freedoms as we have known it in the past, you own it.
      A dictatorship instead of a democracy that follows the Constitution, you own it.
      Less take home pay and higher living costs, you own it.
      Driving a car that looks like a toy, you own it.
      More government corruption and lies, you own it.
      More toleration of extreme and fanatical Islamists, you own it.
      Terrorist attacks called work place incidents, you own it.
      Your revenge instead of love of country, you own it.

President George Bush is out of it now, and there is not another good man for you to vilify and lie about. In a way
      I am relieved that another good man will not be blamed when it was impossible to clean up this mess you voted for.

Have a good day.

God bless the United States!

God is our hope now.

10. texan59 says:

For those who think the war is over for a couple years. Think again. These people do not stop.

11. texan59 says:

OMG!!!!! A “strategy” session with Sandra Fluke. Top bid is $80 right now. I’ll chip in $50 for whoever wants to take her on. :shock: