Giving Thanks ….

God Bless all those in uniformed service whose dedication and selflessness provides the blanket of peace, security and freedom we sleep under in comfort and quiet.

The struggle for freedom is eternal and ongoing; there are only brief respites; we should never be lulled into a false sense of triumph ~ for, the battle is never won as those who seek subjugation and tyranny are never entirely vanquished.  Our highest ideals are given succor when the flame of Liberty burns brightly ~ but it is always in danger of being extinguished when we are lax in our vigilance.

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

“Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.”

Gratitude, always, to those at home and afar, called to guard the flame no matter what the personal cost.

About these ads

About ytz4mee

Libertarian, Freedom Fighter, Erstwhile Pilot, Polyglot, Multinational Rabble Rouser, Contrarian "Just Because", Hew to the philosophy of "Drink the Good Wine First".
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Giving Thanks ….

1. kinthenorthwest says:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

2. Happy Thanksgiving Treepers. love you all…

3. cajunkelly says:

Cross posted from the open thread:

Here’s wishin all of you Treepers a wonderful Thanksgiving.

May your branch in our tree be loaded to near breaking with family, friends and bountiful blessings.

And, I will add that I wish our soldiers maintaining vigil, and those they love, blessings, health and prosperty.

For our soldiers away from home this year, if you read this;
    May the love of your family, and the knowledge that millions of patriots in America support and appreciate you, sustain you this Thanksgiving.
    Our debt of gratitude can never be paid.
    God Bless You All

4. ctdar says:

Happy Thanksgiving to all Treepers near & far.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful day in giving thanks to God and for all our freedoms our forefathers fought so hard to give us.

5. oriana88 says:

We had our Thanksgiving about six weeks ago: it’s colder up here, so our harvest is earlier.

This year, especially, I’m thinking of my American brothers and sisters—and cousins: I literally have some!—thanking God for your wonderful country, and praying for its preservation. May our Lord “keep us in His grace/And guide us when perplexed . . .”

Here’s a fine rendition of “Nun Danket Alle Gott”/“Now Thank We All our God”, arranged by John Rutter and sung by the Cambridge Singers. The words are provided, so you may sing along!

A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone here and may God continue to richly bless America!

6. 22tula says:

Happy Thanksgiving

7. WeeWeed says:

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! :D

8. maggiemoowho says:

This morning my mother shared a (what I call morbid) Thanksgiving memory from when she was little. The topic of a “fresh turkey” came up while I was unwrapping my Butterball. She said that when she was little her father would bring home a couple of live turkeys and would chop their heads off, toss it in a barrel and then pluck all the feathers and cook it. I asked if anyone was able to eat dinner after all of that carnage and she laughed and said fresh turkey was the best. Anyway her “memory” made me want to fish my turkey out of the crockpot and give it a proper burial. :lol: I love my parents memories and there isn’t a better time to hear about them than the holidays.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Be safe and don’t drink milk with your turkey, you will fall asleep.

9. froggielegs says:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Be happy and be safe.

10. Mikado Cat says:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

When I was little we would drive to the turkey ranch, and I think actually pick out a bird, then come back to pick it up a day or so later wrapped in butcher paper tagged with our name. Most of my memory though is about kumquat trees they had, and being able to pick a few and eat them.

Kumquats are a thumb sized citrus fruit eaten whole, skin, seeds, and all because the skin is sweet and the insides sour. Some real taste bud excitement eating one, big zap of sour as they burst in the first bite, then sweeter as you chewed the skin. Used to be fun to eat one, then convince someone new to try one, but peel it first.