Monday Open Thread – November 19th

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Monday Open Thread – November 19th

1. lovemygirl says:

Sorry but this was too bizzare not to share. It may wake you up with mixed feelings. Who says white guys can’t dance? Safety Dance by two geeky teens.

• cajunkelly says:

(shrug) I was greatly bothered by the dude in the white leotards having one dirty knee.

I have a phobia about such things…if there is a picture on one side of the window, there must be a picture on the other side…same height and equidistant from the window frame as the other picture, of course.

So, the dude should have had a dirt spot on his right leotard leg as well, and it should be the same size and at the exact same level relative to the floor.

I have multiple phobias, the most troublesome being Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia.

Of course my Phobophobia is troubling as well.

(grinnin’ and duckin’)

2. Mikado Cat says:

The dancing is mimicking the dancing in the original music video.

More biz to me since I turn off sound this late.

3. lovemygirl says:

William the Angel.
    Sorry Admin for I think reposting this under the appropriate topic?

4. WeeWeed says:

“Secession: What’s In A Name?” Mornin’, All!

“..America no longer stands for liberty, free enterprise, American exceptionalism, and God—it now stands for welfare, lawfare, warfare, Godlessness, and globalism.”

• stellap says:

Morning Weed! Off to the salt mines.

• ytz4mee says:

Secession is in the air everywhere. The Parti Québécois, headed by Pauline Marois, just won a minority government in the most recent election. In the past, the Parti Québécois has cleverly exploited secessionist fervor to extract concessions from the federal government sympathetic to their cause and values (including the right to choose their own immigrants to the province in defiance of federal immigration policies).

• canadacan says:

This is how I feel

About. The. Quebec. Situation. To quote Sir John a MacDonald Our first Prime Minister of Canada- I will hang Riel. Though every dog in Quebec bark. my paternal grandmother what’s half French Canadian so I can speak what is a certain amount of impunity. I was also born in Montreal the parti quebecois give me a pain

• canadacan says:

Very well done thought provokin. just for the record the French Canadians despise the United States
      . so don’t expect to see it then joining any seceding States soon. that is a socialist mess. intolerant greedy and rude yeah I got an attitude.

5. cajunkelly says:

Ladies….and/or gents…

If you’re lookin for something lucious for the feet for a female relative or friend…I got these and they came in today,,,

I got ‘em in grape/purple….these things feel SO good! They have memory foam inside…ooh lah lah! Wearin’ em now….low backs…like a clog so they’re easy to kick out of and WARM!

They should fall easily into gift cost limits too!

6. ctdar says:

It is about time someone put their foot down; islamic prayers during a Church service in Michigan honoring Veterans?

7. akathesob says:

:o

8. Sharon says:

Ok, somebody from Texas tell me where I’m wrong.

Sen.-elect Cruz just interviewed by Greta. Spent most of his time affirming that, yes indeedy, the Hispanics are all about conservative values and small business and working your way up. But “the republicans didn’t do a good job of explaining that they are for those things and stuff”…..

Here’s my question: why does Sen.elect Cruz want to lead Greta’s audience to believe that Hispanics are generally too dense to figure that out on their own? Why does he want to act like they need a special, small words simple story to talk them into voting according to what they think (according to him)?

I’m so sick and tired of everybody acting like they are uniquely ignorant, particularly dense, very specially handicapped in comprehending normal everyday things. And now Cruz is already setting himself up as one more “conservative Republican” who is going to sell the idea that everyone is caught in their own kind of really special STUPID and needs their hand held. Frequently and publicly.

I give up.

• texan59 says:

I didn’t see the interview. IMHO, what I’m inclined to think is that while he was singling out Hispanics, the bigger message is that Romney’s message sucked. We (Romney) talked about not being obama, but he really never did talk about any of his “policies”. He did not explain to anyone why his platform was going to be better, just that it wasn’t obama.

We also have to remember that a large majority on both sides get involved with politics about two weeks before the election. Most ARE ignorant about 90% of what’s going on. If it’s not on ABC, CBS, or NBC nightly news they will never know about it. There is a huge population over 50 who don’t own a computer, get on blogs, FB, or anything that isn’t on one of those news programs. They still think Cronkite was THE word and everything he said was gospel. To this day, most have no idea of his communist leanings and associations.

Just look at this blog. We have hundreds who post on a very regular basis. How many of them are sitting on the GZ thread and never tread outside of that area? A bunch. I would estimate that there aren’t more than about 40 who are on the political threads on a consistent basis. There is a voluntary segregation of thoughts and ideas right in front of our noses. Why should it be any different in society in general. I am as frustrated as you. If I knew the answer, I’d sure put it out here. It’s literally gonna take 1-on-1 interaction on all of our parts. We do have to get better at being more specific about the benefits of conservatism. The generic platitude of freedom isn’t enough. As Rush said today – for many, freedom scares them. They don’t like to make decisions. They have been told what to do from the day they were brought home from the hospital, through whatever schooling they had and then every day at their job, they get told to put the nut on the bolt. They have no real ambition, unless it’s to get a boat, or something along those lines. They don’t want to have to make decisions, or put out the effort it takes to make something of themselves. It’s hard to create ambition in someone who’s never had any. My $.02

• Sharon says:

Well, that’s a lot of value for 2 cents! It did not used to be the case that freedom had to be explained or taught….and as the innate understanding and experience of it slipped away, as long as normal Americans were still operating the levers, it wasn’t noticed. And now that normal Americans of all races and backgrounds are being spit on and despised, now all of a sudden our “leaders” are trying to figure out how we can communicate about principles that used to be a given.

Seems to me it’s a tad too late….the educational system has been pumping out the ignorant of all races for about 40 years now. I think that our “leaders” had better not treat this cancer like it’s a sprained ankle. And when they talk about how to “better package the republican message” it seems to me that’s exactly what they’re doing.

It’s really hard to talk someone into wanting freedom has decided that they are content with lack of it.

• texan59 says:

“The problem does NOT lie in an ignorance about the “republican party’s intentions.” It lies in a complete ignorance about our American (former) Republic, freedom and self reliance. I don’t know that those last two can be taught.”

So many have been dumbed down for so long as you say. We are being led by many who were radicals from the 60′s. They are in the universities, high schools, all the way to Head Start pre-k programs. They have been bought and paid for by the unions and parents all along the way need to bear some responsibility for letting their schools turn into cesspools. But they won’t. If a 40 year-old has no critical thinking skills and very little ambition, it turns into the scholastic equivalent of the welfare system where there have been 4 generations pushed into submission. It’s gonna have to be blown up. If and when we get to SHTF, it’s every man for himself. Family or no family, if I’ve got one who wants my food and is a libtard, they’re gonna have to go down the road. Harsh. Truth.

I guess you got $.05 on the first one. ;)

9. lovemygirl says:

DNC Chair on GOP: ‘They Got Whiter and More Male’
    Disgusting trash running our Country