Sunday Open Thread – November 11th

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen †

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

94 Responses to Sunday Open Thread – November 11th

1. LandauMurphyFan says:

Since I see that Sundance is starting off our day with a classic canine video clip, here’s another one to bring a smile to your face. Tiny little piglet wrestling with full-grown Great Dane. I love how they’ve adapted their play to accommodate their vastly different sizes.

(Sorry, you might have to endure a moment’s advertising, but the clip is worth it.)

2. Hide your Christmas decorations and wear headphones while listening to Christmas music…
    otherwise, if you don’t, you most certainly will offend Moslems

Next to be banned…Christmas music in Malls, stores, and on the radio…
    it makes Moslems “feel very uncomfortable.” :evil:

• John McLachlan says:

The Christmas tree and display in the Abu Dhabi Mall (United Arab Emirates) is among the most impressive, anywhere.
      The numerous muslims who notice it, whilst shopping at this mall, do not seem to be offended by it and allow their children to enjoy it.
      Neither are they offended by the sound of Christmas carols, they play Christmas carols, incessantly, in supermarkets.
      Muslims who live in the UAE, Kuwait or Oman do not seem offended by the sight of Christmas trees or the sound of Christmas carols.
      This suggests that the real motives of those responsible for the Belgians abolishing their Christmas tree and their Christmas carols are not those which they declare.
      More likely, it is the secular Belgian government continuing the cultural war by the European ruling class upon Christianity.

• Sharon says:

As nearly as I can tell, Muslims live to be offended. Whatever.

They offend me, come to think of it. Off with their heads.

3. WeeWeed says:

Mornin’ kids! “Cover-Up At 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue”

• Josh says:

Canada Free Press
      “…Because without America there is no Free World”

Regardless of the resignation there is no reason for Petraeus NOT to testify.

I appreciate that this article states the full name of Barack Hussein Obama. In 2008 the Florida ballot had the full name of Barack Hussein Obama. In 2012 the Florida ballot had the name of Barack Obama.

• Sharon says:

The idiots who have assaulted the honor of the living veterans and the memory of the our KIA veterans aren’t asking for forgiveness, and I doubt they see any need for it.

4. stellap says:

Ramirez -

Photobucket

5. stellap says:

To the ridiculous – A video tribute to John Foster Dulles, another CIA director who reportedly had multiple affairs while serving in that job (I’d say “position”, but that would be too ironic):

• stellap says:

P.S.: JF Dulles was Secretary of State. His brother, Allen, was head of the CIA, though Dulles involved himself in CIA operations. Sorry for the error! The song is still funny. And reports are that ALLEN Dulles (according to his sister) had “hundreds” of affairs.

6. ctdar says:

Morning all, watch out New Yorkers, looks like “wilding” is back

7. stellap says:

Our Story In 2 Minutes. The young man who created it writes, “My final project I made for my video productions class “Cutaway Productions” (Search them for their channel) at my high school. I don’t own the rights to the song or the pictures and I am not trying to claim them, I just did this video for fun and i spent many a hour on it.”

• cajunkelly says:

FDR,

We in Louisiana do not CARE what the jackass-in-chief wants. I signed that petition. And for the record, we’re not the only state seeking to secede…TX has followed suit.

Let the blue states destroy themselves.

The problem will be that when the blue states do destroy themselves, LA, TX and others will have to build barriers to keep the filthy progs from crawling across our borders like cockroaches. We have a DUTY to our children and grandchildren and we are within our rights to do so.

“When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.”

“…Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government…”

• dreamerspirit says:

I live in the second largest city in Michigan and the greater metropolitan area and our County along with most of the State turned up Red on Tuesday with the exception of 2 major heavy populated and union strong hold Counties. The rest of the people in this State feel so disenfranchised because of these two areas. Could we just annex them from the rest of the State? I believe they have the highest unemployment rates and most welfare dependent households in the State of Michigan.

• cajunkelly says:

Or you could just move to a red state. *IF* these petitions go through…(that’s a big if) I foresee a mass exodus of takers from these states, and mass influx of makers.

Sure, jackass-in-chief will throw his vindictive weight around and most likely disallow our social security benefits, but those taxes will no longer be withdrawn from our paychecks, and there will be massive lawsuits to retrieve what we have *worked* for and paid in.

Let the chips fall, folks. I’m done pulling the wagon for all the riders.

I read something a filthy librul prog said this morning that still has me fuming. It was a discussion about morality.

“What was moral 200 years ago, or 2000 years ago is not is not what is moral today.”

WTF?????

I’m sure this fool would also say the Ten Commandments are outdated.

• stellap says:

I live in a pretty blue county (Oakland), dreamerspirit. Please don’t send me away from Michigan! I’m already disenfranchised, so isn’t that enough punishment?

• Sharon says:

I don’t know how we would ever be able to move–again. But if you guys are successful and need any contact in a Stupid State for any reason, keep me in mind. And if it comes to open war, I’ll be wearing the LA or TX uniform here in OR.

• howie says:

You are an official minority. Entitled to all minority rights. If you get my drift.

• cajunkelly says:

And we’ll have your back Sharon. It’s the ones who voted the jackass back in to office that I have NOTHING for.

Seriously, if you’re broke down on the side of the road with a obama sticker on that car? I’ll wave as I cruise by.

Elections have consequences.

8. stellap says:

Just got unfriended by one of my obscure cousins. He’s the one who told me I was f***ing crazy on one of my posts, but now he says “I’m done. I don’t need your negative bullshit. It is impossible to have a rational discussion with you. Goodbye.” My only question is, when did he ever try to have a rational discussion?

9. GracieD says:

Did any of y’all watch Judge Jeanine last night? My GSF, Chris was on talking about Benghazi. I knew how he felt about Hillary, but he actually said it last night. My jaw dropped! Here is a link that I found:

• stellap says:

Good for him!

• Patriot Dreamer says:

Thank you Chris!

• cajunkelly says:

I don’t believe anything that comes out of her mouth….

+too many to count!

question: GSF?

• stellap says:

Was wondering what GSF is myself.

• GracieD says:

God-Sent Friend. He is definitely one of the good guys!

• GracieD says:

OK y’all, I found where I first told y’all about Chris. It was back in May. I didn’t mention him by name, but below is where I told the Tree about my GSF:

GracieD says:

Okay, y’all, I have a question for y’all. The old faithfuls know me better, but new opinions are welcome as well. Am I the only one here who argues with God when He tells you to do something that will quite likely make you look like a crazy person?
        Just some background info on the situation: Some in the Tree know that I have a musical background in addition to connections to interesting Louisiana figures, like Uncle Eddie, and Uncle Carlos. Ok, so here is what happened, please feel free to tell me “Vous êtes fou.” Translation: You are crazy. For the last 2-3 months I have felt like there was something that God wanted me to do, but I could not quite put my finger on exactly what it was. I had been asking without getting a clear answer. Finally I told God that he would have to be a little more obvious as to what He wanted me to do. That old saying “be careful what you ask for…” well, I asked, and got an answer that made absolutely no sense to me. The answer that I got was that I was supposed to do something that would make absolutely zero sense to me. I don’t know about you, but that is never the answer that I want to get, but when God tells me to do something, I always end up doing it. I know some of the guys in the Gaither Vocal Band, and was looking for their version of the National Anthem. Well I found it, and played it, when it finished, I played the next one. It was buy a guy that I was unfamiliar with, and I got the feeling I should look for a webpage or something, I wanted to hear more. So I find a webpage, and lo and behold there is a link to the same youtube vid. Below the vid is a note from this guy that he has never had formal vocal training, that he just loves the National Anthem. I was thinking, “no way” I could tell he had a bad sound system, but the vioce was there. I bookmarked the site, and went on about my business. Then, the only way I know to explain this, is God was telling me that I should contact this guy and see if he was interested in pursuing a singing gig. That is when the argument started…yes, I do tell God I think some things are not a good idea. I’m like: “this guy is gonna think I’m crazy.” This went on for a few weeks, and finally I said, OKOKOK, I’ll do it. I’m gonna look like an idiot, but, it won’t be the first time, and likely won’t be the last time either. Long story short, I messaged him on FB, and emailed him through his website to apoligize for sending him a message that was meant for a girlfriend. I was about to send the message when God whispered that I should ask him if he was interested in pursuing a singing gig. I learned early on in life, when God whispers, it is best not to make Him shout. So I asked the question and explained my background/musical training. I’m thinking, OK God, I did it, that’s the end of that. He answers my email indicating that he might be interested, and I can guarandamtee you he was think this is a crazy person. LOL We emailed back and forth a few times, and being a firm believer that some things can get lost in translation with email, I sent him my cell # and asked him to call me to discuss. God Bless him, he sounded like he was thinking this is a strange situation, but his mama raised him right, he was kind enough not to ask me if I had lost my mind. So, I am gonna use my connections to some in the Music Industry, and let him take it where he wants to take it. Now, it is time for a vote…am I crazy?!?

• howie says:

You used to be in the majority. Now you are a minority. The rules change.

• cajunkelly says:

Ahhh, so *this* is the guy! Eyup, I remember him.

• cajunkelly says:

Sharon,

Couldn’t reply above, but when ya live betwixt the cypress knees, the snakes and gators live where *you* do! :)

And I’ll add, that when the poop hits the prop, *our* house is big enough to use as a refuge for like minded friends.

As I type, DH is researching house plans. I want an Acadian style house. Since I was a little girl and played on grandmother’s porch, I’ve wanted an Acadian style home.

We looked at a house that fit the bill yesterday….a lake house, up on stilts, but it was too close in to town.

• Sharon says:

Hillary’s official-speak always sounds like an 8th grader in a remedial reading class.

It also occurs to me that we should not be giving Hillary or Teh Traitor a pass in their frequent references to the murdered SEALs as American heroes….considering the fact that in their last hours, those SEALs disobeyed direct orders to stand down, why on earth do they refer to them as “heroes.” Disobeying direct orders is neither honorable nor heroic, is it? Well, IS IT? Somebody should ask Hillary that question the next time she refers to them as heroic….then let HER spin in the wind while she tries to explain. . We should NOT be letting them having both ways….and to date, it sounds like they are.

• Josh says:

Hillary’s…speech…is…just..so…measured…
      Hillary Clinton looks like crap and it ain’t age related!

10. ctdar says:

Awwww poor msm, the honeymoon is over and you have gotten the shaft.
    Really did they think after the election Obama would have any other use for them? Let’s pray some get mad and start acting like journalists and report the news about the US just as the other countries do that who we’ve learned to rely on their reporting.

• Josh says:

I hope Bo the dog hasn’t outlived his usefullness :-(

• Sharon says:

That won’t happen until he’s what’s for lunch……………….

• howie says:

Minority rights
            From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Rights
            Theoretical distinctions[show]
            Human rights divisions[show]
            Rights claimants[show]
            Other groups of rights[show]
            v t e
            The term “minority rights” embodies two separate concepts: first, normal individual rights as applied to members of racial, ethnic, class, religious, linguistic or sexual minorities, and second, collective rights accorded to minority groups. The term may also apply simply to individual rights of anyone who is not part of a majority decision.
            Civil rights movements often seek to ensure that individual rights are not denied on the basis of membership in a minority group.
            There are many political bodies which also feature minority group rights. This might be seen in affirmative action quotas, or in guaranteed minority representation in a consociational state.

11. Sharon says:

I’ve been doing my obligatory Veterans’ Day watching of “surprise homecoming videos” and bawling my eyes out.

May I share something with all of you who have worn the uniform of The United States of America…every time we kissed you goodby, regardless of your MOS (our Marine son’s MOS was radio operator–which he explained to me was always first-targeted in combat; our other son was an AF remote radar site technician so was theoretically ‘safer’ and our DIL was part of an AWACS crew over Saudi and Turkey/Mediterranean)…but regardless of your MOS, we always had a part of us that had to admit we might not see you again.

When you came home on leave, our heart was beating faster when you arrived, partly because we knew you would have to leave again in 10 days, or 2 days, or 2 weeks, and we already knew when you arrived that it might be the last time you came home with a hug for us.

When we drove you back to the airport to leave, it was awful–because we knew that the last thing you needed was a parent looking hangdog or sad as you turned to go down the concourse or, in the old days, to step into the jetway.

Because these things are all true–you see–that’s why we still hug you extra hard now, every single time we see you–now no longer in uniform. Because we will never, never, never forget that you went out, again and again, willing to lay it all down, and unlike thousands of others, you came back.

For those who gave all–WE WILL NEVER FORGET. For those were willing to give all and came back–WE WILL NEVER FORGET.

NEVER.

• GracieD says:

Amen, Sharon! God Bless all out Veterans!

• Auntie Lib says:

Thanks Sharon – you have, once again, given words to the feelings so many of us have had. Bless you!

• yankeeintx says:

I was holding up pretty well today until I read this. It brings me back to the day I hugged my son goodbye (Marine-Infantry) and sent him off to Iraq. I mumbled all the typical mom things and waved until he was out of sight. Then I broke down. I knew that he would never be the same. I understood that there is no way that someone can experience the horrors of war and not be forever changed.
      I had flashbacks of the sedan pulling up in front of our house when my dad was in Vietnam. He had been MIA but had been found injured and would be returning to the US, ending his 23 year career. I so wanted to tell my son not to be a hero and to just come home safe, but I knew that would be useless. It is in his DNA to do the right thing, so my new motto became “no news is good news”.
      I understand exactly what you describe about the extra tight hugs. I smile politely when other mom’s tell me they understand because they remember how tough it was when their kids left for college. Nobody understands like we do, and for those sons who didn’t come home…WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!!

• howie says:

Hoist them by their own pitard. Obama is in control of “The Spice.”

• WeeWeed says:

My dad was in VN, too, Yank. We all knew what the “black Maria” pulling up in front of the house meant – God Bless you and your family of heroes.

• dreamerspirit says:

Oh WeeWeed, you must be a youngin. My older brother was a Marine who served in Vietnam and some of my friends were VN Veterans. My father was a WWII Vet and my husband served in the Navy and was part of the blockade during the Cuban missile crisis. Now I really feel old.

• Sharon says:

When they enlist into boot camp (vs. out of a service academy or with a four year degree) we know they will never be the same. The day before our Marine son left for boot camp, he brought me a box and asked me to keep it until he was done with the Marines and just handed it to me. It was about 4″ X 4″ by 4″ and taped shut already. I just glanced at him and asked, “What it is?” He just quirked his mouth a little and said, “My brain.” He knew! And then when he was done with basic, he showed me the inside of his web belt…where it said in dark wide ink, “KILL OR BE KILLED.” I just took a breath and made some “understanding” comment–knowing it was WAY past the time to do a mother response and say, “Don’t talk like that!” because I knew his life might well depend on his willingness to do exactly that that.

As the nation collapses, we may be dependent on these long time veterans to save us from our domestic enemies.

….BTW, I did keep that box very carefully and returned it to him after his honorable discharge four years later.

• cajunkelly says:

Ladies, I gotta say this, and I know I won’t say it as gracefully as Sharon has….

None of my sons are military. I can *not* imagine what it must be like to send your sons off into what you *know* is harm’s way. It goes against everything it takes to be a Mother.

I salute your sons, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for the sacrifices you made right along with them.

• Sharon says:

You are completely welcome….and you said it most gracefully. You are the American they gladly go out for…and will do so again.

(has anyone mentioned that your avatar is slightly un-nerving?? 8O )

• cajunkelly says:

Awww now! I think it’s perfect. He’s a jackass, those are jackass teeth, and he’s santa to the takers. :)

• Sharon says:

mmmmm——well, ok. ‘f you say so. ;)

• thefirstab says:

Hi Cajun — I “got” it, it’s great! And those jackass teeth are trying to take a big bite out of our pockets so’s he can say he’s Santa.
                Hey, maybe someone can do one like Robin Hood (Robbin’ the ‘Hood) taking from “rich” and giving to “poor”.
                I can see this going towards those dress-up geese, where they have an outfit for every month. :)