11-8 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

Use this thread as an open thread just for Zimmerman Case stuff. A place to just dump, collect, or discuss general information about the Trayvon Martin VS George Zimmerman Case.

REMINDER – Please WATCH THE TONE and CONTENT of Commentary. Please be respectful, courteous and considerate of other readers and contributors. Please avoid hatespeak, angry rhetoric, vulgarity, personal attacks and condescension. If you wish to engage in vitriolic, racist, or bitter angry rhetoric, there are alternative sites on the internet more than welcoming to such considerations. But not here. Thank You.

About these ads
This entry was posted in George Zimmerman Open Thread, Trayvon Martin, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

59 Responses to 11-8 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

1. Lynn says:

George and family, I’m hoping that someday I get to meet you. When this is all over, I pray that your lives are such that you can dine at restaurants, walk in the park, and enjoy life. I would be proud to be your friend and neighbor.

• Jake1 says:

“But there are people who’ll try to hurt you through the good they see in you–knowing that it’s the good, needing it and punishing you for it. Don’t let it break you when you discover that.”
      ― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

2. Sha says:

George and family , Stay strong walk in faith . I know it’s easy for all of us to say that because we are not living your life but you have done a great job of showing how strong all of you are. You have held up when most people wouldn’t have. Believe in your self like we believe in YOU. Never go backwards we cannot change the past just learn from it and move forward. Keep that head up don’t let anyone break your spirit ever. YOU can win this fight……

3. rumpole2 says:

It’s a long way to the shops (if you just want skittles and tea)

• jello333 says:

Cool, I’ve never seen this before. Love the bagpipes (one of the main reasons I like Korn, too). But anytime I watch AC/DC, it makes my head hurt just WATCHING Angus! My brother is a weird guy. One day I’ll walk into his house and he’ll be playing country music… the next day, it’ll be AC/DC. :/

• rumpole2 says:

Give Bro a break! :D
          I play, and enjoy, all sorts of music.. Fond of Opera and a fan of Ozzy Osborne and Black Sabbath and all sorts in between and off to the side. Country Music is great !

• rumpole2 says:

by “play” I mean “listen to” :)

• jello333 says:

I kinda thought that’s what you meant. Then again, we could have another Mike Oldfield in our midst.

• dmoseylou says:

Tubular Bells—awesome album. Oldfield re-arranged segments of TB that were used in the 2012 Summer Olympics opening ceremony—That was also awesome. TB is timeless music.

• dmoseylou says:

Isles of Wonder is the title of the soundtrack for the opening ceremony.

Mike Oldfield – Isles of Wonder – Tubular Bells/In Dulci Jubilo

• jello333 says:

Most of that’s pretty cool (not a fan of Big Band music, though, near the first of that). I liked the little medieval sounding stuff about halfway through. But to be honest, I don’t think he should mess with the original Tubular Bells. When you reach perfection, it’s best to just stop.

• waltherppk says:

Ha! Me too I like it all.. pretty much so long as it is REAL music
            and not elektronika cyborg buzz mouth krap or rap pretending to be music

• jello333 says:

It takes a lot of digging to find good rap songs… VERY few and far between. But there are a handful that are pretty special. Listen to Eminem’s “Stan” if you haven’t heard it. IMO one of the most creative songs (of any genre) in many years.

• rumpole2 says:

BTW WaltherPPK… I have mentioned my own site “Random Topics”

Please take a look, you would be welcome. :)
              Music posts are a feature :)
              I avoid Party Politics there..so not in direct competition with CTH

• rumpole2 says:

And you too Jello, everybody welcome ……initially :)

• jello333 says:

Here’s a video you might wanna post. In some ways it’s a typical rap song. But it’s much more than that…. kinda “spiritual”, and very emotional. The song itself is pretty good, but when you add the video, it’s really something else. Now that I think about it, it might be something George would like, so I don’t feel so weird posting it here.

• I enjoyed your coverage of the Channon Christian/Chris Newsome (execution) murder retrial motions for Vanessa Coleman. I believe Coleman’s retrial begins on Monday the 12th though I’m not clear if the defense was successful at severing any connections to Chris Newsomes rape, torture & execution style murder. My opinion is that Nessa’s trial is a very expensive yet thinly veiled sentence reduction hearing at best & a travesty of justice if a jury composed of morons finds her not guilty. Whoever is pulling Judge Kerry Blackwood’s strings is up to no good & so is Judge Blackwood. Blackwood’s arrogant narcissistic want for the spot light is a disgrace to the Tennessee bench! Just wondering if a decision was ever made by the Tennessee Supreme Court as to whether any of the other three convicted murderers will be granted retrials. Seemed as though Blackwood ordered retrials for all State convicted perps but was overruled by the higher court & then Blackwood again tried to order retrials & demanded that he preside over them. Judge Blackwood is one corrupted, seriously narcissistic attention whore. I can’t believe the victims families have to go through the process of retrials, it’s just a shame

• waltherppk says:

That looks like an interesting site thanks. Politics is stressful like bumpy air banging the wings on a DC3 overmountain bus ride…merciful stewardesses distributing little glass bottles for nerves. I think i need an extra one today and I don’t even drink.

• rumpole2 says:

I don’t mind dabbling in Politics myself (obviously),.. but at a chat forum like RT… it gets NOWHERE and descends into personal comments. Happy to do the politics thing here :)

• Sha says:

I play and enjoy , all sorts of music…also. I like song’s that I can connect to.

• jordan2222 says:

rumpole2:
      It is clear to me that you were the world’s very first DJ. I figure you were on the music scene for the first ever recording.

Can you still do the Charleston and the jitterbug?

• rumpole2 says:

I do love music from that era :D

I imagine that coming from Wales.. my ancestors were Celts dancing and singing around Stonehenge.

• jordan2222 says:

Those women all seemed “elegant” to me. BTW I have been to Wales and stayed with a wonderful family there for several days. They had the most awesome breakfasts ever, and took us to the local pubs at night even though none of were drinkers..

I took my sister and her best friend (both school teachers) and my oldest daughter who was ten at the time.

Long trip as we covered almost ALL of the UK and then continued on to France via Hovercraft across the Channel and then the train to Paris.

We all ran and played among the Stonehenge stones, which you can no longer do. . It was June and July of 1987. I think. Great trip except we got robbed in Edinburgh. What an accent the Scots have and very different form the Welsh but at least it was English.

4. Sha says:

ftsk420: All right now I’m worried about you and your family since the last storm , haven’t seen you here in a couple of days. Are you o.k.?

5. rumpole2 says:

On Fox News:
    Eric Holder resigning. (not confirmed but he did not deny it when given a chance)
    That has got to good for the wider issues of this case :D

• canadacan says:

You have made my day it’s a start

• allhail2 says:

Couple of points, I agree Holder resigning from his current position would be a good thing on it’s face. However, who would replace him…”we already have 2 judges ready to go.” Obviously, the two would be ultra liberal, so what would a matching DOJ head be? Most of these guys don’t resign their position to go back into private practice. Wasn’t there some noise about Hillary’s plans for 2016 and her resigning from the State Dept? Would Holder be her replacement?

• jello333 says:

I think it’s gonna be even bigger than that. Think about those 2 upcoming SC vacancies they were hinting at…

• allhail2 says:

I know. That is why I included ValJarr’s rep quote. I’m hoping the reason is for avoidance of scandal, but I am very uneasy about the intentions.

• jello333 says:

But just in re. George’s case, it would help. Because can you imagine Holder sitting in confirmation hearings, trying to explain why he helped railroad a totally innocent man? As opposed to, say, “I stood up to enormous public pressure, calling on me to ‘get’ this man…”

• “However, who would replace him” Well if this term is going to be about revenge & a guy in the asylum was able to be elected. The worst they could do to us would be to appoint Al Sharpton or a leader from the NBPPs. Other than that I’d say BFD

• pbunyan says:

He must’ve seen the bus coming.

There’s not much room left under Obama’s bus either…

• allhail2 says:

It is always interesting when Cabinet members jump ship right after an election victory. Almost as if, “I can ride out any storm until January, but I cannot survive within the next 4 years.”

• Sha says:

rumpole2 : My husband said he heard on CN New’s that Hillary Clinton is steping down . I wonder how many more will jump ship…..

6. arkansasmimi says:

Catching up, and didnt see this posted so wanted to share.

Prosecutors release FBI records to Zimmerman’s attorneysBy Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel
    6:15 p.m. EST, November 8, 2012

Two weeks ago, George Zimmerman’s attorneys complained that prosecutors weren’t releasing FBI records and other investigation details, but Thursday prosecutors filed paperwork showing they’d coughed them up.

The newly-released evidence includes five FBI reports, 10 reports by employees of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and details and notes from the files of FDLE scientists who did DNA and other evidence analysis.

• arkansasmimi says:

Makes me go hmmmm. LOVE how Rene writes “but Thursday prosecutors filed paperwork showing they’d coughed them up” :) :)

• jello333 says:

I haven’t read everything of hers, so this may not be totally accurate. But over the past month or so, it seems that she has been trying to make up for some of the horrible reporting she did early on. I’d like to think it’s because she suddenly gained a conscience, but more likely it’s that she saw the (lawsuit) train coming her way.

• jello333 says:

Corey and Bernie MEANT to do this a long time ago. They really, truly did… they just got so busy and all… you know how it is.

(yeah, and I hope that if the idiots claim “this is EVERYTHING”, that MOM/West don’t take their word for it)

• arkansasmimi says:

Wonder how long they have had it? And like you, I wonder if there is More? What about that Full Tox report. I would think that MOM/West test retest it. Love to be a fly on wall during the depos!
        \

• rumpole2 says:

Thanks for the link.
      As the article states, notice has been posted of this

State’s 9th Supplemental Discovery

The actual files are not posted. The Lester ruling still stands I imagine? That was that MOM has 30 days to review discovery before it is made public.

7. eastern2western says:

another video from the leatherman which will put a question in the prosecution case. If zimmerman was simply walking, then how could he managed to catch up with trayvon. From hearing the 911 recording, he was out of breath just from getting out of his car, but the prosecution will some how manage to prove that zimmerman was physical fit enough to run faster than martin who was younger, thinner and stronger. Additional question the prosecution has to answer is how come there is no injury on martin when zimmerman was the who chased, attacked and killed martin in cold blood. was there a cushion that protected martin’s head

8. dmoseylou says:

YES! Finally! MOM /West are deposing the ME. I have been very suspicious Re: that ME>>>as have other posters here.
    I may be mistaken, please correct me if I am; but I do not recall reading that LEO was present at autopsy. Nor I have read that LEO viewed the body pre/ post autopsy. If no LEO did, that is a CRITICAL error.
    Scheme Team was in full-blown panic mode to get that body released ASAP.
    Kurtz lied Re: hand injury. I have Never heard of a funeral director making statements to the press RE: the condition of remains. (We know he’s tied to the Schemers.)
    The ME report contained very subtle mis-statements. I am certain MOM / West have had an independent forensic pathologist review all documentation / photos of the autopsy. They would have had that info. reviewed. I have been waiting for a subpoena from Mom/west to obtain access to the slides from the autopsy. I do NOT understand the reason MOM/West have not demanded the full tox. report, IANAL, but that report to me is a critical piece of evidence. Evidence as strong as the ping logs.

• arkansasmimi says:

I feel sure they have the autopsy stuff being looked into. By the way they were acting at the last hearings, I feel they prob have a lot of info building up and by the questions being asked and the Emer Motion info that was talked about, the autopsy stuff may just be small potatoes. I think its fixing to get good… JMHO

• jello333 says:

Heh, I hadn’t seen your comment yet. But looks like we might be thinking along the same lines: Talking to the ME is about MORE than just the autopsy.

• dmoseylou says:

I believe deposing the ME may be as revealing as the depo of Officer Santiago. (Isn’t that the name of the officer that caused MOM/West to file for sequestration of LEO?)

• jello333 says:

Didn’t the medical examiner write something in his report that sounded like something right out of Serino’s mouth? If so, then this deposition could be looking for more than just specifics re. the autopsy. It could be just another link in the chain that’s gonna tie Serino to Crump, to Julison, to the city officials, to the cops who pressured Serino, to EVERYONE who got this conspiracy rolling.

9. jordan2222 says:

Sundance posted his investigative results about the funeral director long ago. Not sure about the ME.

• jello333 says:

Where you been? I posted a comment in another thread joking about us sharing prison cells when Obama starts to round everyone up. And then people proceeded to make fun of my singing. My SINGING! When have these guys ever heard me sing? I might be spectacularly brilliant for all they know. ;)

• jordan2222 says:

I have been silent here about George so sorry.’

The word on me is out about incendiary emails and/or other posts.. not here.. so I am trying to avoid Gitmo. LOL. If we both wind up there, I will leave the singing to you but I can do a little back up in a pinch.

I toned down my signature as a precaution, but we just witnessed how the vote no longer means a thing to us so I am looking for patriotic sites with people who know the law, also make sense and know how to maximize other types of votes. You can guess about that….

No home yet and I would not likely be able to share it anyway.

God gave me my rights, not the gubmint.
        WOLVERINES!!!
        “Give me Liberty or Give me Death.”