Bumper Sticker Of The Day…

About these ads

About Patriot Dreamer

“When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion – when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing – when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors – when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you – when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice – you may know that your society is doomed.” ~Ayn Rand *************************************************** In the battle between good intentions vs. unintended consequences….UC always win. ~Sharon
Image | This entry was posted in Bumper Stickers. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Bumper Sticker Of The Day…

1. jello333 says:

You all know what I think of Obama. I’m a lifelong Dem (though not for long), to the LEFT of most Dems…. but I just hate the scumbag. So I sat last night watching the returns, definitely not wanting to see him reelected, but at the same time, I was scared of a Romney presidency. More “fear of the unknown” than anything else, I suppose. And so as I watched, and jotted down tallies as they came in for various states, I thought I was kinda neutral about the whole thing. That’s what I THOUGHT. Not until it became obvious that Obama was gonna win did it hit me. And it really surprised me how I felt. I began to feel nauseous. I’m not joking…. I actually started to feel sick.

And I’m not feeling much better today. And I want to apologize to you all for any of my friends who might have gotten us to this point. Actually, though, very few of my friends DID. Because most of my friends (outside of the Treehouse) are on the left end of the political spectrum, and don’t like Obama any more than I do, any more than you all do. Which brings me to another point: HOW did Obama win?! All the polls showed that “moderates” or “undecideds” (or whatever they were calling them) were breaking heavily for Romney. And it looked like the Dems had a real problem with lack of “enthusiasm”. It looked like Reps were easily gonna be able to far surpass Dems in the GOTV department. Exit polling even showed that young people didn’t show up in really high numbers, and the ones who did were much less likely to be pro-Obama than in ’08.

So what happened? I agree with others on here who have said it looks like something fishy went on. I KNOW anti-Obama voters were enthusiastic about getting out and voting. And I KNOW that a good number of former (’08) Obama supporters were NOT enthusiastic. Many not voting at all, and some even switching to Romney. And don’t let anyone tell you that “single-issue” voters helped Obama. Well, at least not if my personal experience is any indication. I have a good friend who’s gay, and the issue of gay marriage is important to him. And he doesn’t trust Romney on the issue. So you’d think he’d be all in for Obama, right? Wrong. He hates the man, and says he couldn’t live with himself if he voted for O simply because of that one issue. And I’ve heard many, many other anecdotal stories like that. So… I just don’t get it. Very, very few of my friends voted for Obama…. whether they be on the left, or more to the right like most of you guys here. I just know of almost nobody who voted for him. So who DID vote for him?

(I figured this was ok to put in this thread, seeing it’s about the Obama bumper sticker. But if not, maybe an Admin can move it to the open thread or something?)

2. Josh says:

Jello333, I appreciate the apology but it’s too late. Our Constitution is gone. It is, I mean was, what made us the greatest country in the world. It’s just too late :-(

• jello333 says:

I helped get him elected in ’08, I’ll admit that. But I can’t take the blame this time… in fact, well, you know. Right now I’m talking with a bunch of friends in a “secret” Facebook group we have. Politically they’re all real similar to me. And they are ALL upset. And it’s not like any of them were Romney fans. It’s just that…. well, the thought of 4 more years of Barack Obama sickens me. It’s gonna be bad for the country, bad for the world. It’s weird how similar the discussion in that group is to the one here. I’m so happy I’ve made some friends here over the past few months.

• Sharon says:

And we appreciate your friendship for our own sake as well, jello333. Thank you for sharing all these thoughts (and above as well).

3. After the collapse, I’m not sure there will be enough Patriots to be able to rebuild the Nation.

World War Two was one Hell of a waste of human lives for America to end like this.

• Sharon says:

I have to tell you, you do such a good job of channeling FDR that I’m tempted to snap at you, “Like you ever gave an economic damn about the realities of life in these formerly United States.” But since I try to remember that you’re not really FDR communicating from hell, I won’t go there. You channel him well.

4. Josh says:

November 7, 2012

The Death of Heroism

The firefight lasted seven hours. The Obama Administration had to do the math, calculating the worth of Ambassador Chris Stevens, Seals Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, and Information Officer Sean Smith against the possibility of losing votes in Ohio. Ohio won. And the President won Ohio. There is no public outcry. President Obama correctly realized that America had tipped, and Heroism ran a distant second to pop culture.

The other heroes, those that put their life savings, time and lives into building businesses and creating wealth, have similarly met an untimely death. The American people could not have been clearer. From New Hampshire to California, through the industrial heartland of Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan, American Exceptionalism, Rugged Individualism, Entrepreneurship and Citizenship have finally been put to rest. The Welfare State is now permanent. The rejected model of “save and invest” has given way to the contemporary model of “tax, borrow and spend.” We are all Californians now, on our way to Greece. This will not end well.

It is hard to see a future for Conservatism. It does not exist in Europe, or California. It is no longer welcome in America. The Republican Party will have to take a good look in the mirror and decide what, if any, future it has. For that I make this declaration: “We will not settle in to become the tax collectors for an Obamanation.”

Sid Dinerstein
    Chairman
    Republican Party of Palm Beach County

Paid for by the Republican Party of Florida. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.

REPUBLICAN PARTY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY
    1555 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd., Suite 210
    West Palm Beach, FL 33401
    (561) 686-1616 • (561) 686-1898 facsimile

5. Coast says:

I really don’t understand how this could happen. The difference between the two people and the campaigns were like night and day. What happened to our “landslide”?????????????????

• janc1955 says:

The way I see it, many of the things Romney stands for (looking beyond how Obama and the media have characterized him): hard work, discipline, regular church attendance, service to others, charity, quiet generosity, abstinence (drink, drugs, etc.), marriage for a lifetime, having and raising children in a two-parent household, optimism, class, grace, decency, dignity, morality, goodwill toward humanity … those qualities are not what the general U.S. population admires or aspires to these days. We’re uncomfortable with goodness and decency, it seems. We have become a nation of materialistic fame-seekers who can “relate” to the tres cool President Eye Candy.

• Sharon says:

The effectiveness of George Soros’ campaign regarding the Secretaries of State needs to be evaluated by someone who has some sound judgment and access to details of states’ SoS activities. IOW, I don’t think we’ll ever know.

Corruption embedded in all levels of government makes it quite easy for things like this to happen. And the groundwork for that is laid when simplicity is scoffed at, when purity is laughed at, when the name of God is used more often in cursing than in prayer, and the Ten Commandments are removed from school classrooms.

How it happened–really isn’t so complicated. It’s called consequences.

6. Josh says:

If not yet done: Get your relationship right with G-d. In the end, that’s really all that matters.