11-3 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

Use this thread as an open thread just for Zimmerman Case stuff. A place to just dump, collect, or discuss general information about the Trayvon Martin VS George Zimmerman Case.

REMINDER – Please WATCH THE TONE and CONTENT of Commentary. Please be respectful, courteous and considerate of other readers and contributors. Please avoid hatespeak, angry rhetoric, vulgarity, personal attacks and condescension. If you wish to engage in vitriolic, racist, or bitter angry rhetoric, there are alternative sites on the internet more than welcoming to such considerations. But not here. Thank You.

About these ads
This entry was posted in George Zimmerman Open Thread, Trayvon Martin, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

190 Responses to 11-3 George Zimmerman Case – Open Discussion Thread

1. George,

The nation is presently gripped by the reported activities of the traiters of Benghazi, and the sad situation in the New York/New Jersey area.

We have not forgotten your plight and will continue post the truth here and in the comment section in media websites such as the Orlando Sentinel.

We hope you can take a moment and enjoy this:

• Sharon says:

That’s beautiful. I just love the way Andre Rieu so thoroughly enjoys music, and presents it with the expectation that his audience will enjoy it the same way. That man has joy in music….

2. lovemygirl says:

The Divine Right of Self Defense – Mike Adams documentary

The Divine Right of Self Defense – Mike Adams documentary

3. myopiafree says:

Black Racism – and its effect on our “Justice System”. This video is about an earlier TM-GZ case. We should think of TM-GZ as Nifong-2, or for Crump, Anderson-2. It is an effort to create “racial hate” – when none existed before. This is what Crump-Julison accomplished. Here is the video:

This is quite frankly the “rape” of our judicial system – to persecute the innocent because they are “not of the black race”.
    ++++
    By-Line:
    ‘Reilly Factor Follow Up 04-12-07
    Michelle Malkin vs. Malik Shabazz
    Duke University Lacross men all charges dismissed. Shabazz refusses to apologize.
    New Black Panther Party — what a joke.
    Mike Nifong — what a joke.
    Malik Shabazz — what a joke — where are the calls for his firing?
    Malik Shabazz — looses it — his cool hate based twisted logic falls apart on screen.
    Crystal Gale Mangum — what can be said?
    ++++
    As far as I am concerned, our “Civil Rights” laws – should have a “sun-set” clause in them. They are no longer used to protect civil rights anymore (of “Whites” in particular) but to persecute Whites generally.

• myopiafree says:

For those of you who are new-here and want a “Summary” of why George was called a “racists” by Crump-Julison – you should listen to these BLACK-Racists. There are no other words to describe them. To make this identity complete (in terms of their “thinking”) then Shabazz = Crump = Nat. Jackson. Futher this video is Nifong-1. Crump is working on Nifong2 and Anderson-2. Just threaten a “Thug Riot” and you get a “Special Prosecutor” to files un-justified charges against the innocent. I do not know how Anderson-2 will end – but I do know that Zimmerman’s family has been virtually destroyed over Crump’s charge of “Racism” in George. This is an object lesson on, “History Repeating Itself”. If this “Black Racism”, and persecution of the innocent because of it, there will indeed be a Nifong-3.

• Good afternoon Myopia, I hope you & the other “Treepers” are enjoying the Autumn weather today. I saw a nice deer this morning, not the one I’m hoping to kill but would’ve ended up in my freezer had he come into archery range. Back to your topic: You wrote “2. Just threaten a “Thug Riot” and you get a “Special Prosecutor”. I had followed the Troy Davis (execution style murder of Officer Mark McPhail) case for several years, Several of the same players (Sharpton, Jeesse Jackson, NAACP etc) from the Davis case employed the tactic of the organized mob to affect justice by pressuring the Supreme Court to grant Davis a special evidentiary hearing (first one in fifty years). The Pope even called for granting Davis a new trial. I first recognised the “Mob Tactic” during the Rodney King fiasco & they’ve been refining & perfecting it ever since. I’d contend that social media plays a big part in their being able to organize their flash mobs & get a million people to sign their online petitions. Anyhow: Wanted to say that not many people bother to illuminate the connecting dots. Good catch. Gotta go; Talk to ya later

• justfactsplz says:

It is time for this nonsense to end. I am hopeful that George’s case will set a precedent and these people will be charged for a hate crime, defamation of character, criminal prosecution, etc.

• myopiafree says:

So Shabazz insists that there have been 1,700,000 rapes in this country – by all of us White “Slave Holders”. Funny, I don’t recall owning any slaves. Further, I still have the draft notice from the Civil War for by Great Grandfather. But, of course all “Whites, Hispanics, Indians, Asians, etc.) are racists – except for “Blacks” – of course.

4. eastern2western says:

I am so glad my comment made it on gaylord’s video which proves dude has been reading this little blog in between clients.

• myopiafree says:

Hi Eastern – Thanks for the video. What we have is Black-Racists – which is why I posted the M. Malkin interview – to prove the point. Ms. Malkin did an excellent job in this interview – to show how truly rabid they are.

• eastern2western says:

the problem is that he is not even black at all.

• myopiafree says:

Yes, George’s grandfather was black – on his mother’s side. Which is why calling George a “Racists” – makes NO SENSE AT ALL. This is a “pure political” charge, and the charges by Corey-Bernie – are made up on the false statements of DeeDee – who THOUGHT she herd someone PUSH someone – but she is not sure at all. It could have been TM “pushing” (slugging) George in the mouth – for all we know. Ergo – no charge – because of no proof (except for Geroge’s smashed face.)

• justfactsplz says:

Yes, she was very brave and strong and kept coming back at him. We need more people like her to stand up against this reverse racism.

• JW says:

That video is what desperation looks like. TM supporters know the ruse is over.

• rumpole2 says:

Ha Ha :D

A great example of what I have said… these fools are a source of great amusement. :D

What a horrible confusing mess of a video from a horrible confusing mess of a “man”.

Technically ….crap! Distorted sound and images impossible to read much of it.
      If it has a “point” at all, it seems to be that there have been a few negative things posted about this twit, and that Mark O’Mara should not only be aware of this, but should hold a press conference to condemn it :D

Eh?? :D

All the hall marks of a typical, common or garden, Trayvonite.
      Delusional, hypocritical, paranoid. Simplistic and simple-minded. A feeble attempt to bully people, but in this instance more like the cyber equivalent of a tantrum from a 2 year old.

• justfactsplz says:

Wow, this guy has some serious issues. He can show what I write in his videos and I don’t care. I stand by my words. I will say again his vulgarity shows he has little substance and he is not to be taken seriously. He is full of hate. He did not like that I wrote about his trashy mouth. I don’t see this kind of hate or vulgarity coming from of any of George’s supporters on this site anyway. There have been a few with some racial bias on other sites though.

• jello333 says:

And this idiot likes to pretend that the reason people dislike him is because he’s gay. Yeah, right Trent. I see very little, VERY little homophobic or anti-gay language at the TreeHouse. You might get some of that on Facebook or YouTube or wherever… but NOT from here. I have several gay friends (male and female), and even one transgender friend… and I consider every one of them wonderful people. YOU, on the other hand, it appears that you’re not a good person… and it has NOTHING to do with you being gay.

• justfactsplz says:

It is not his gayness that upset me, it was his vulgar language during a court hearing he was taping. Very inappropriate.

5. hooson1st says:

myopiafree:

I am going to offer a nuanced view here.

On the Nifong case, or the GZ/TM case, neither is an effort to “create” “racial hate”, even if the result is a deepened racial divide among some.

I believe that the proponents already believe that the racial hatred is present, and then act on that belief.

• jordan2222 says:

I usually refer to it as a perpetuation of racial division motivated by money, continuation of Prog/Liberal power and keeping a segment of people beholden to their “caretakers.”

The players are usually the same. It’s their full time preoccupation.

• howie says:

I get ya. Another Spoonful for the addicts. Addicted to self-pity.

6. LittleLaughter says:

Hooson1st-
    I disagree. They manufacture racial hatred in these types of cases in an effort to benefit their own greed and quest for power. Creating a divide based upon racial hate was the only way these bottom feeders were able to get their case thrust into the spotlite by an obliging media. They created it when they said Zimmerman was white. They continued to do so by holding marches and rallies, carrying racially charged signs and shouting racailly charged chants. To say their efforts were not meant to “create” racial hate, is to deny the very basis of both cases. I do not for one minute believe they, in their heart of hearts, actually believe the drivel they spout. They need it. They use it for their own gain. They don’t actually believe it.

• kathyca says:

ITA. And I’ll add that, even if they do truly believe that there’s still significant racial hatred in this country — and I’m not sure how they could unless that belief stems from their own racial hatred — they don’t care whether any particular case they might manufacture actually involves it. And int his case, they KNEW it did not.

• hooson1st says:

kathyca:

Their belief is primarily in a racial divide and in many cases is fed by their own personal experiences. Our society has made significant progress in the dimunition of outright racial hatred and institutional racism, but personal prejudice still exists in varying degrees.

I will agree that the emphasis on race by Crump et al has infected the GZ/TM tragedy in a needless and harmful way and thus exhibits a racial animus of its own.

• howie says:

I suggest that ALL the racism is on the part of the black side of your equation.

• hooson1st says:

howie:

In part, it all depends on how you define racism. Is it racism of the race hatred type? Is it racism of the prejudicial type? Is it insensitivity to another race?

In the GZ/TM case, it seems to me that the anti-GZ side exhibits more of the racial blinders that obscures their vision to the facts in evidence.

However, I reject applying a broad brush to characterize a total grouping in a controversial public issue.

• howie says:

I don’t. I am convinced a broad brush is the correct application. Example 95% black vote for Obama.

• hooson1st says:

howie:

John Kerry got 88% of the black vote in 2004. Does that make them white racists?

• howie says:

I don’t think you understand. This racial persecution is a conspiracy. This is not a controversial public issue. I do not think the Zimmerman, so called …side…you speak of exhibits any racial blinders at all. Tcon is like Obamas Son, according to Obama himself. Now why would the President of the United States make such a comment?

• kathyca says:

Was there a black candidate to pick from? No. If there had been, would they have voted for Kerry? No. If there was a black candidate, 90% or more of the black population would vote for him or her AND the reason would based strictly on race for the vast majority of them. After this election, check the percentage of white Dems and independents who voted for a black man last time and will switch over to vote for Romney this time. Then and compare that percentage to the percentage of black Dems and independents who do not switch over. I think that will be a pretty telling statistic. Not that I thinkthe legitimacy of the premiset isn’t painfully obvious without further proof.

• jordan2222 says:

Anyone who has not noticed that the vast majority of blacks always vote for Progs/Liberals, just ain’t looking. You can call it whatever you like but to imply that is not racially motivated.. .. well, never mind.

• hooson1st says:

kathyca:

Hypothetically, of course, if the 2016 presidential race came down to Allen West on the Republican ticket and Hillary Clinton on Democrat ticket, where do you think the black vote would go? I think that Hillary would get at least 70% of the black vote. And if so, would that then make the black community black racists now?

• ftsk420 says:

I was watching something on TV a few weeks ago and the reporter was stopping people on the streets asking who they were gonna vote for and why. Well 85% of the people the reporter stopped was black and they all said they would vote for Obama. The reporter asked why and most of them said because he was black some said because he gave out cell phones. Then the reporter asked this one black women what Romney could do to get her vote she said change the color of his skin.

I’ll vouch for that.

• kathyca says:

They may not vote for West, but first they have to make him an “Uncle Tom.” Which translates to “he’s not really a black man, otherwise we’d vote for him. And since there’s not black man for us to vote fore, we’ll vote for the white guilter who’s giving out the most freebies.”

It’s really not very complicated…

• justfactsplz says:

I know, right. I am hoping and praying about the election. It is the most important election of our lifetime if we want to preserve the America we love.

• Race Hustlers & the NAACP don’t want equal rights for all, nor do they want us to stand shoulder to shoulder as brother Americans. Those slithering greedy hate profiteers want to keep us divided, yet they expect & have achieved better than equal rights under law. The Enhanced Hate Crime Statutes allow minorities to attack & murder “Whites”, for nothing more than “walking While White”, without consequence of being prosecuted for a hateful motivated crime. Yet a “White American” defending himself from being murdered can legally be arrested & prosecuted for hate crimes when no evidence exists to support that any motivation other than self preservation existed. Separate yet better than equal under law! Tell me how such a racial double standard doesn’t lead to civil war.

• kathyca says:

“Their belief is primarily in a racial divide and in many cases is fed by their own personal experiences. Our society has made significant progress in the dimunition of outright racial hatred and institutional racism, but personal prejudice still exists in varying degrees”

To put it succinctly, I don’t give a royal flying f**k about how their supposed beliefs came to be. In MY entire lifetime, all I’ve seen is entitlements — academic, financial and social – with the race card trumping any legitimate discussion about any issue before you even open your mouth. In my lifetime, I haven’t been able to walk where I NEED to walk, especially after dark, because of crime committed by black people. I’ve needed a security escort just to go to my car and have kept my phone dialed to 911 so that when I call they’ll at least know where to find my body. How’s that for a “racial divide” “fed by my own personal experience.” I guess I deserve that since my ancestors were slave owners. But, oh wait, they weren’t, they were eastern European peasants. Pretty much slaves themselves. GAH!

Cry me a freakin’ river.

• jordan2222 says:

And what did Jesse Jackson say about his concern insofar as “who” was walking behind him at night? Funny that. huh?

• kathyca says:

and Chris Rock, and any other honest person of any skin color who walks the planet. Anyone who denies it is lying to be “politically correct.” I’m done with that.

• Liberals used to be the optimistic ones (ex-libby) says:

Blacks have many institutions that DEPEND on racial animus and racial division while whites have few such institutions.
          Is there a national organization of white lawyers? I know there are probably several black organizations of lawyers.
          Is there a national organization of white police officers? I know there is a national organization of black law enforcement (and it seems like two or three of their members acted to tamper with evidence and tamper with witnesses AND threaten fellow officers).
          National Association of Black Journalists (and yet none for whites).
          National Association of Black Social Workers (whites dont have one).
          National Black MBA Association (whites dont have one).
          The National Association of Blacks in Criminal Justice (none of these for whites).
          The National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers (whites dont have eon of these).national organization for black engineers and engineering students. (whites dont have one of these).
          The Association of Black Psychologists (aint no white organization like this).National Association of Black Accountants (whites dont have one).
          national organization of black law enforcement executives scholarships.national organization of black county officials.
          national organization of black nrcs employees.
          National Black Nurses Association, Inc.
          National Alliance of Black School Educators .
          NATIONAL BLACK GRADUATE STUDENT ASSOCIATION.National Association of Black Scuba Divers (NABS).
          Concerned Black Men National Organization.
          NABOB – National Association of Black Owned Broadcasters (Oprah is one of its most oppressed members).
          And by the way, the only national organizations for white people that exist are considered racist while blacks have hundreds if not thousands of organizations that segregate based upon race. HWile there may have been a time for these organizatiosn soem time back, they are mostly hate based organizations today (as far as I can tell, they serve no purpose other than to divide and blame and hate)

• jello333 says:

Wow. That list… I just don’t know what to say. And some of them, like “National Association of Black Scuba Divers”… no way. I thought you’d made that up, but turns out it’s for real. Actually, that list (and I know it’s far, far from complete) doesn’t make me mad. It makes me sad. That people still, today, feel the need to have these kinds of organizations. The level of insecurity that that shows is staggering. While I don’t agree with you that most of these are “hate based” organizations, I do agree that they only serve to divide, and sometimes blame (and yes, some I’m sure even “hate”). And you’re right that while at one time many of these organizations might have been needed, thanks to discrimination, those times are mostly behind us. We need to start getting past this stuff. If Crump, Parks, and Jackson wanna do something good for a change, they can publicly state that the National Bar Association is not something this country needs. Good lawyers of ALL colors and races have plenty of organizations they can be in TOGETHER.

• justfactsplz says:

I toltally agree with you. It is all about their cause.

• Just my opinion from considering the last thirty years. It’s about jockeying for critical positions within the government, appointing “their” own U.S. Supreme Court Justices & dismantling the U.S. Constitution one piece at a time. It’s about “their” attempting to cause Civil War & swiftly implementing a Marxist Socialist structured Government. According to U.S. Census Bureau predictions, although Hispanics have only recently exceeded the “Black Minority” population, Hispanics will be the majority sometime around the years 2040 – 2050. So um I’m wondering; Does anybody believe for a minute that the next generation of Jesse & Al “Race Hustlers” are going to sit back & watch a competing minority race become the new majority in the “Divided Socialists States Of Amerika”? Not a chance they wont make a play to seize control & punish “Whites” because their ancestors were traded into the slave trade by their own.

• justfactsplz says:

I believe it very well could lead to another civil war. Sanford could very well be the begining. White patriots will raise up and defend their rights and defend America and our constitution if that happens. I know of a very educated black man who from the beginning has supported George. He hates what is happening. He said he will die fighting if he has to against his own race to defend America from what he calls black whoremongers.

• msfaye123 says:

@ justfactsplz
            I am a black woman who has supported George from the very first time I heard the screams on the 911 calls. I have supported George to the tune of a $5000.00 donation to his defense fund. I have stood by grounds against blacks and many whites in support of George. I know for a fact that there are many blacks who believe George is innocent.

IMO racism exists among all races of people. I further believe that race would have never been an issue in this case if it had not been for Jackson, Sharpton, Crump & Co. People like Jackson and Sharpton who have an agenda know how to get things going in this country by playing the race card and claiming police cover up.

By the way I am not in that 95% of blacks who vote based on skin color.

• justfactsplz says:

Ms. Faye, I am familiar with you and your posts. I thank you for your support of George. I know George and he is not racist. He was merely defending his life. It was Crump and Tracy who played the race card in this case. I believe there is good and evil in all races. I also believe in voting for the best person for president, regardless of their skin color. You know, it would be so nice if someday all of George’s supporters could meet him in person. God bless you for looking at the evidence and coming to a logical conclusion not based on race or emotion.

• jordan2222 says:

You just earned 5 stars and great respect from many of us here. I have known this about you for a long time and perhaps others have, too. You are a brave woman to reside here. Many of us, including me, are guilty of spouting out insensitive things but I suspect that only shows you the frustration many white folks are going through and how this case has so adversely affected many whites.

I am sure you know as much about Sharpton and Jackson as those who post here and probably even more.

You are a great asset and, God, how I hope you could have more influence than those race whores. Thank you for being ONE OF US.

My guess is that your post will garner a lot of attention.

• kathyca says:

serious props to you, msfaye.

I hope that your pov is respected in your circle and that you’ll continue to represent the true measure of one’s worth — the content of one’s character.

• jello333 says:

Thanks for that. I don’t know if you’ve seen me comment about Daily Kos before, but…. it’s gotten really bad there over the past couple years. Almost everyone on that site voted for Obama in ’08. That includes me. But since then, about a third of the people there, including me, have turned against him. And guess what? It turns out we’re now all a bunch of racists. Seriously, there was a huge gang of people on that site, a mixture of blacks and whites, who would constantly attack people like me. Simply because I no longer supported Obama. To them, it didn’t matter what I did in ’08. I was cool back then, but somewhere along the line I became a flaming RAYYSSIISSS! And any black person who dared to speak out against Obama, or defend the rest of us… WOW. They got hit worst of all. And remember, all of us who were being attacked, and called racists, were to the LEFT of Obama. And so I can just imagine how the idiots on that site would react to blacks who criticize Obama from the right. Oh, and if you’ve noticed a person on Tweeter named Princss?…. I’m almost certain that was one of the racists who attacked me and others on DKos.

• jordan2222 says:

Come on now.. we all know that you became a flaming RAYYSSIISSS,,

There is someone here who knows more about me than even Sundance does, including all of the mods. I bet that person has figured you out, too. The implication is that I am so shrewd I have fooled everyone here, but that person is not exactly positive who I represent and my purpose for being here. Damn, I might qualify to be a spy.

I am having an identity crisis and wish that person would tell me who I am really am.

7. hooson1st says:

LittleLaughter-

There is plenty of room for disagreement.

I do not deny that part of the reason for the factual confusion in the GZ/TM case is because part of the case has been hijacked by some with a legal/pecuniary agenda.

A good part of the confusion is due to sloppiness by the media and a selective presentation of the developing story that trails a pre-assumed narrative.

For the most part, I do not believe that the anti-GZ efforts are “meant to create racial hate” since I believe that those proponents believe that racial hatred to be a pre-existing condition.

• myopiafree says:

Hi Hoonson – I have no doubt that 100 years ago – there was “White Racism” – in the same sense that today way have “Black-Racism” – which is worse. I am certain when we (of any race, hispanic, asian, Indian) point this out to the “Black Panthers”, they will simply call all of us “Racist”. We are SUPPOSED to be a Nation of EQUALITY, not of special privilege for Blacks. It is time to “reset” the laws to reflect that truth. We want no more “Nifong-3’s” based on calling every one else “Racist”.

• Coast says:

“We are SUPPOSED to be a Nation of EQUALITY, not of special privilege”

Exactly why I think “hate crime legislation” is wrong and harmful, and needs to be repealed. One of Obama’s “accomplishments” that needs to be undone.

• justfactsplz says:

Hate crime legislation is one sided. When the Black Panthers put a bounty on George’s head on national t.v., George’s family wrote a letter to Eric Holder asking him to look into the matter. They never got a response from Holder and nothing has been done about the Black Panthers, Holder’s people.

• jello333 says:

Some of those people really, seriously need to go to jail… like YESTERDAY! Nobody should be able to get away with the threats they’ve thrown around, and the fact that they have (so far) gotten away with it is nothing but racism. Oh, but a little note, to nobody in particular: We should make sure we always put the “New” in front of the name of this group. It seems like such a minor point, but it’s really not. Because the New Black Panther Party and the original Black Panther Party are not related in any way. Not to get into the positives and negatives of the original Panthers, but the fact is they have publicly disavowed any connection to, and any support for the NBPP, and have actually condemned them at times.

• arkansasmimi says:

What really ruffles my feathers is that OBAMA IS BIRACIAL! NOT “BLACK OR WHITE”. Yet he uses the RACE CARD. He only mentions his “single Mother” or “Grandmother” when he wants to pull on a heartstring. I have NEVER heard him acknowledge being a BIRACIAL instead of BLACK. Very Possible I could have missed, but this really makes me angry because to me it is race baiting on a whole diff level.

• justfactsplz says:

Yes I knew that wanted to make it very clear that they were not affiliated with the new ones.

• LittleLaughter says:

Nope, not “sloppiness by the media”, rather a very selective and deliberate control of the narrative by a selective and deliberate media. Their agenda is in lock step with that of the Crumps, Jackson’s, Parks, and Sharpton’s of this country. They ignite racial tensions for personal gain.

• kathyca says:

Exactly. “Sloppiness” doesn’t have a recognized and consistent agenda. Are you serious, hooson1st, that you chalk this up to sloppiness???? I know I gave you a big “extraordinarily naive” award the other day. But if you’re gonna say that the media’s agenda in the Zimmerman case and elsewhere (say Benghazi, just for example) is sloppiness, then you’ve lost your possibly excusable naivete card, in my book, and have become an active and dangerous part of the problem.

• hooson1st says:

kathyca:

I have dealt with a lot of journalists and editors over the decades. These people are no more perfect than the average person. They have the same limitations that affect normal human beings. There is of course the danger of groupthink, such as the infamous Journolist grouping.

The narrative in the GZ/TM tragedy has been negatively affected by people with personal and political agendas. I simply add to that we should not overlook the factor of sub-standard work; such as sloppiness, taking short cuts in view of deadline etc etc as adding to the overall confusion.

I do not say that the media’s agenda in the GZ case is sloppiness, and if that is your interpretation of my words, it is an incorrect interpretation.

We agree on 99% of the factual record as regards GZ. Where I part company is in my reluctance to assume that I know everything there is to know about this case when there is so much more evidence to be factored in. I am also reluctant to reach deep into minds of the Scheme Team and divine out what their psyches are all about and up to. Their actions in this case are problematic enough and deserve to be countered on that basis alone.

But that is just me.

I note in your comment that in your opinion I might “have become an active and dangerous part of the problem” . I am curious as to what exactly you mean by that?

I believe that I have been a reasonable and non-polemical commenter on the GZ issue. I have readily admitted that I am wrong in those instances where it has been demonstrated to me. I do not attack any of the other commenters nor cast aspersions upon them and their motivations. I agree with the substance of the CTH position on the facts of the GZ case. Where is it that I become a dangerous part of the problem?

Thanks

s

• kathyca says:

I don’t have a lot of time right this minute to explain precisely what I mean by that. But the short version is that you strike me as an apologist. It seems to me that you consistenly give people the benefit of the doubt in the face of obvious evidence that the benefit of the doubt is not in order, and have convinced yourself that in doing so you are being fair and impartial, rather than an enabler. That is where the active v. naive part comes in — you have stated a rationale for your way of thinking, linked it to your personal experience in some instances, and concluded that it is the nobler, or at least better, approach.

Btw, your way of expressing yourself or interacting HERE is not the “problem” to which I was referring. I’m not a mod, and you are certainly free to post here as you see fit, regardless of whether I think it’s a problem — which I don’t. I was referring to the larger problem I perceive, which is that we have become a culture of apologists for, and enablers of, very bad behavior and have thrown personal responsibility right out the window in the process.

• boricuafudd says:

Hooson, I grew up in the Inner City, Harlem to be exact, and the Zimmerman story as it was treated by the media is straight out of an Urban Myth very common there. The myth is that there are hundreds if not thousands of Raycist white males targeting and killing young black males, with police complicity.

The way the story unfolded match that scenario perfectly, the fact that George name was Zimmerman (possible Germanic origin) just made the story that much more interesting. I think one must remember that all major media outlets are Urban based, such stories whether real or not sell. The fact that it happened in Florida (the South), that a gun was used and that TM was a cute little boy carrying candy, made the story irresistible.

While the myth is one from the inner city, it is one often used by the media, usually the story is changed as more details come in to reflect more of the reality of what happened but this case, had legs. Other issues such as SYG, CC licenses that just kept the pressure to maintain the story.

The media was complicit, knowingly it did it to sell newspapers and make money. That is why it acknowledged some facts, changed others (911 call) or just ignored others, all to maintain interest in a story that did not deserve it. From early on, the expert lawyers that the media used said it was self-defense but that was drown out by other revelations of the story in the middle of the articles or in a separate article in the back pages.

The media abused the hubris of the case, as any other case, to make and sensationalize a story as corroboration of an Urban Myth, to the detriment of Zimmerman, I can’t excuse them for that.

• jordan2222 says:

Excellent analysis. Well said and thanks for making sense.

• hooson1st says:

kathyca:
                Thanks for your explanation.

I do not agree with, for example, Crump’s position and his public mischaracterizations. I don’t see how that is apologizing for him, and I don’t see how that is enabling him.

8. obamasux says:

whites. Wanna say more but better not.

• myopiafree says:

HI Obama Sux – Actually – I think the “race laws” should be brought to an end. Why? In the year 20/50 over half the population will be “Black” or some non-White color. It is very easy to call a person a “racist” – and impossible to dis-prove it. I mean, if you Korean and own a store, and give a “thug” a hard time for filching something – then the Korean is a “racist”. If you are driving a bus, and are of “Hispanic” origin, and ask a Black to “pay the fare” – he thinks has a right to smash you in the face – because you are a racist and insulted his honesty. If you need to make some money off a case where a thug attacked a Hispanic-Black, and the Hispanic has no choice but to shoot the thug to save his life – well then you do what Crump did. Call the Hispanic-Black guy “White”, and then proclaim that this “White” gunned this “Cute Black Kid” DOWN LIKE A DOG. Then hold a “Thug Riots” until you get the state to file a “charge” of murder – based on false testimony of a kid – who thought she “heard grass”. This is indeed using the INVENTED charge of racism – for Crump to make money.

• Coast says:

“It’s a shame that blacks can never be considered racist or committing hate crimes against”
      Well, they can and should be called out when appropriate. Frankly I’m no longer shy calling it for what things are. PC is killing our society.

• jordan2222 says:

This is right on the money

“I wonder how many whites who weren’t racist are now racist seeing what racist blacks are.”

Latent and hidden racism have come out of hiding. White folks are speaking up.. saying things they would have never said before.

Are these unintended or intended consequences?

Makes one wonder, huh?….. but it might indicate that white guilt is ending

• hooson1st says:

Why should a black racist make a white person racist? And for that matter, the converse?

• myopiafree says:

Hi Hooson – I thought you would figure this out. If a black person call a “white” a “racist” – then of course he IS A RACIST. But wait, suppose the “White guy” says, hey, I AM NOT A RACIST? Well then that just PROVES that he is a racist. See how that works, Hooson?

• Why would anybody (Caucasian, Native American, Asian, Arabian etc) that despises racism become a racist due to the government & groups of another race discriminating against them? Doesn’t it stand to reason that people who despise hateful treatment of others, then themselves discriminated against, would work twice as hard to help stamp out hate of others based upon their gender, race, creed, politics, sexual orientation, etc? Not busting your chops but I Sometimes wonder why you ask so many questions, why you’re always looking for something readily available by typing a few keywords & clicking a mouse pad. Where are you trying to direct others to search for links? There’s no better source for factual Martin/Zimmerman information than right here at the CTH. I typed “Judge Lester accuses Zimmerman” & an article by adrem appeared, “BREAKING NEWS: Zimmerman Wants Lester Replaced … Claims Bias. Posted on July 13, 2012by Ad rem…. Also: “Zimmerman Posts $1 Million Dollar Bond….He’s Released From Jail! – (Video) Posted on July 6, 2012by Ad rem Update at 3:20 p.m. ET: Read the judge’s bail order … (pdf file). SANFORD, Fla. —George Zimmerman was released from the Seminole County Jail around 2:50 p.m. Friday after posting a $1,000,000 bond. A Florida judge ruled Thursday that George Zimmerman can be released from jail a second time on $1 million bond, saying he set the bail amount significantly higher because Zimmerman may have been hiding money as part of a plot to flee the country.”…. I found both of them here at the C.T.H. in about 3/sec from typing 4 words. You’re reasonably intelligent, you could’ve easily typed 4 words, so I’m wondering what’s up with that. Maybe it’s just my suspicious, doubting Thomas nature that’s causing the hairy “Mole” on the back of my neck to stand up but a few commenter’s here give me the willies. Admin; If I’m out of line delete my entire comment, no hard feeling here.

• jordan2222 says:

You are pushing me so it’s best I ignore what you said. You do things your way and I will do them mine.

Sounds like you are having a bad day.

• jello333 says:

“a few commenter’s here give me the willies”

Maybe, I don’t know… but Jordan definitely shouldn’t be one of them. If HE sets off your radar, you need to recalibrate.

• jordan2222 says:

I read all of his posts, respect his opinions and have told him that. My guess is he is having a bad day, just like you and me and others do at times.

My requests for information are usually directed to one or more people as it was today.

Sundance described as me as a truth seeker with a curious inquiring mind who “demanded” to know ALL of the details. That is a paraphrase. It is my style and we all have our unique one here.

Thanks for your support.

• Then I definitely better not post the reply that I nearly finished typing. I remember Jordan’s early behavior & there’s something sneaky going on. I don’t dislike jordan, I always hold way back when conversing with him/her because s/he’s always probing the Treepers for insight that may be detrimental to George. Now asking if we feel more racist because we may be discriminated against by the self proclaimed victims. I don’t like how s/he’s always toying with Treepers as though this is a cat/mouse game to him/her. Something is definitely off there, just can’t quite see through the opaque veil. Maybe it’s just me being a doubting Thomas but I’m usually sure of what I’m looking at

70scarrestoguy

If you KNOW all of this about me and are so “sure of what I’m looking at,” as you say, then how on earth could you not know if I am male or female?

• Sharon says:

Just because I may now more bluntly say what is so about black liars, black thugs, black thieves and black nincompoops doesn’t make me any more racist than I ever was.

All that has changed is that I’m not going to be intimidated into silence so easily. I will more often, in ways that are appropriate to me, say what is so.

Me saying what is so does not make me a racist any more now than it would have 10 years ago.

And many blacks are doing the same thing–sick and tired of being called Uncle Toms because they simply say what is so.

9. myopiafree says:

We need and update on these issues:
    1) Has Mr. Crump produced a list of persons who listened to DeeDee? if so, why not?
    2) Where is Julison? What is he doing? Will he bee called as a witness?
    3) Where are the “Mobil” phone logs. After all, DeeDee talked to TM for six hours. These should be easy for Crump to obtain.
    4) Where are the ping-logs – and a full report on the data (including SIM) for the phone with a dead battery that TM had with him?

• jordan2222 says:

There are no demands by the defense. West is in no hurry for any of this yet. He will make a ruckus when the time comes IF it becomes necessary. Slow down.

• jello333 says:

Yep. MOM and West just kinda biding their time. No hurry, things are moving in the right direction quite nicely now. As Sundance says, tick tock, tick tock… And it’s actually kinda fun watching the prosecution and the Scheme Team squirm. I think MOM/West COULD put them out of their misery really quickly if they wanted. But I kinda prefer this way. Watch ‘em squirm… yep.

• jordan2222 says:

Prosecutorial misconduct is rarely punished. West is laying a meticulous foundation for doing that. He wants more than the one night in jail that Nifong got.

He has to dot all of the i’s and cross all of the t’s and this requires time.

I have little doubt that his strategy includes two distinctly different goals. Immunity is necessary first, of course but that appears to be a slum dunk, IMO

I only hope the bad guys will reap what they have so maliciously sewn.

• jordan2222 says:

It goes without saying that West is not only after the State but all of the Scheme Team. I often take some things for granted and others might not see it even though I know that you do.

There are many others who may also be sued and I think that most of us here know who they are because we collectively made that list a while back.

• jello333 says:

Right you are. Like all of us here, I now know a huge amount of details about this case. And so sometimes I find myself almost talking in shorthand. So when outside this site I’m talking to another person (on another site, or face-to-face), I have to consciously slow down and explain things in much more detail… just gotta remember most people still know VERY little about this case, at least about the true facts.

• Knuckledraggingwino says:

At some point, WE need to communicate that there will be JUSTICE or there will be NO PEACE.

• myopiafree says:

2) Julison communiation helps attoneys win their “case”.

• justfactsplz says:

Where are the tox reports?

10. jordan2222 says:

Jello: I need your help please. I inadvertently trashed and deleted a folder containing some key documents as I was cleaning up a larger folder that contained duplicates of all of the relevant motions, petitions, etc.
    This is not like me and I am a bit embarrassed about it.

What I lost was Lester’s order that was so controversial in which he accused George of plotting to flee the country. Next, I think was the defense appeal of that decision. but maybe it was their request for recusal. I am not sure but I have Lester’s brief denial as a duplicate.

Then the defense appealed to the 5th circuit and I am missing that appeal as well as the order granting the appeal.

These things should be in date order somewhere. Do you have any suggestions where I can find them? I thought DMan had them but dummy cannot find them. My guess is that I am missing less than a dozen documents. I remember that they had different file names depending on the source and that is why I got confused when trying to clean up the folders.

11. dmoseylou says:

Maybe rumpole2 has what you are looking for at his site?

12. jordan2222 says:

In case anyone has forgotten Rick Scott’s part in this mess, then go here and notice that he met with Trayvon’s parents. Then check his discussions of the case.

This is disturbing.
    Tallahassee Lawyers Meet with FL Governor Scott

His decision required this:
    Rick Scott Executive Order #12-72 (3/22/2012)

Aside from me, does anyone else think Scott is a co conspirator and told Corey to bypass the grand jury to stop the demonstrations from turning into riots?

• James F says:

“Reverend R. B. Holmes, Jr., the pastor of the Bethel Missionary Baptist Church in Tallahassee has agreed to be the vice-chair of the Task Force.” Holmes has absolutely no legal training or law enforcement experience.

Exactly what qualifies this reverend to be vice-chair of a Task Force, which will thoroughly review Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law and any other laws, rules, regulations or programs that relate to public safety and citizen protection?

• jordan2222 says:

Here is the last I heard but there may be another update. Do you have a link to what you are saying?

Notice which attorney they now reference:
        “The state’s approach to discovery has been to require the defense to figure out what the state has failed to provide and then ask for it rather than fulfilling the state’s legal obligation to provide complete and timely discovery,” attorney Donald West said in the motion.”

Anyone who thinks this case has not put self defense in the spotlight is just not paying attention.

• jordan2222 says:

Never mind about the link. That happened a long time ago (March 22nd) and I had forgotten about it but thanks for your post.

• jello333 says:

Some of those idiots seem to forget that everyone involved are CITIZENS. Yes, Trayvon and his family was/are citizens, and they deserve to be treated fairly by the State. But George and his family are ALSO citizens…. and they have JUST AS MUCH RIGHT to be treated fairly by the State. Scott, Bondi, Corey… every single one of them (and others) seem not to care one bit that George is ALSO a citizen!

• justfactsplz says:

I believe he is. They were willing to sacrifice an innocent man to avoid riots. Scott’s gotta go too when he is up for election again. I won’t vote for him.

13. anne says:

you only need a grand jury for 1st degree murder, not 2.

• jordan2222 says:

Not sure of your point. A grand jury was scheduled to review the case and Corey canceled it the day before. Why do you think she did that?

The rest of us here know but I am curious as to your reply since I do not recognize you.

• waltherppk says:

Tehnically a grand jury is needed for ANY felony indictment, but whether or not a state actually respects that or not depends entirely upon how much value a state places on the respecting of a citizens rights as a U.S. citizen and whether or the state thinks the law of the land should actually apply to states too in how the administration of justice under state laws is conducted. Generally states don’t seem to much care about the civil rights of a citizen until that citizen forces the issue by suing the state in federal court and securing an order from a federal court that compels the state to do what would have been the right thing for the state to do in the first place. The typical attitude of a state is “so you think your civil rights have been violated huh, well then sue us” because states know that most people don’t have the means or the will to pursue litigation and the state has available various legal immunities which generally provide it protetction against many or most claims even claims that are very legitimate. So it is truly satisfying when a state dares to cross the lines involving misconduct where immunity protections no longer apply and a citizen with a righteous grievance can simply sue the hell out of that state and its corrupt agents. If I had my way there would be ZERO judicial or civil immunity and when any state agency or agent of the state screws up then the injured person could sue them easily and profitably because that absence of immunity would stop the nonsense cold. This country needs regular mandatory Grand Jury impanelings at least twice a year in every county in the country and one of the Grand Jury jobs should be to investigate all complaints and prosecute legitimate charges against corrupt public officials of every stripe up to and including governors and presidents. That would be legitimate law enforcement instead of the corrupt total crap we see as a substitute being called law and order and being laughingly called justice. Citizens vigilance, oversight, and involvement will be required to clean up this country.

Fifth Amendment to the US Constitution

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

• myopiafree says:

Hi Anne – The FEDERAL law says “Infamous Crime”. 2nd Degree murder is an “Infamous Crime”. In State Law, however, it is the prosecutor (Norm) who chooses to take his case before a Grand Jury. This was in progress when Corey cancelled it. State law can be anything the State wants it to be.

14. Preston says:

good one

15. anne says:

just don’t have to have gj for murder 2, thats it. jtf

• jordan2222 says:

I think you missed the point but here is the law of the land, even if it is ignored.

Fifth Amendment – Rights of Person

• rumpole2 says:

OBVIOUSLY… we have a Murder 2 charge, and no GJ.
      No denying you CAN do it this way.
      The point being it is not the BEST way to do it. It bypasses the checks and balances that would normally have thrown this Crumped-up charge out on it’s ear.

The point being….

• James F says:

The requirement for a GJ is for capital cases AND infamous cases according to the constitution. It the Zimmerman case does not qualify as infamous, I don’t what does.

• jello333 says:

Yeah, I think one definition of “infamous crime” is a felony. And so what others have posted here seems right: The Constitution itself REQUIRES that certain crimes, which most definitely would include ANY degree of murder, be handled by a grand jury. How states manage to get away with NOT always doing that…. I have no idea.

16. arkansasmimi says:

Thought Nasty Nat was gonna be soo busy on a trial coming up. That was her tweet on the 31st. Guess her broom didnt get far….

Natalie Jackson‏@NatJackEsq 1 hr ago
    @BigBoithedog @attorneycrump I’ll find SDC’s stinking mole if it kills me…LOL. Is it U @ModarresLaw? Or how about U @Naija_Law_Girl?

Natalie Jackson‏@NatJackEsq 2 hrs ago
    @BigBoithedog @darrell_carter Don’t want it to seem like I’m making fun of mental illnesses (just SDC :-)) so I’m going to delete that post.

17. arkansasmimi says:

Natalie Jackson‏@NatJackEsq 38 min ago
    TWITTER is such a distraction…concentrate Nat :-)…Going back to work now. Good night Tweethearts.

• myopiafree says:

Thanks Preston – I am pleased the rabid Racism of Shabazz was made clear by M. Malkin. This is yes again Nifong-2 or attempted Crump-Anderson-2. Yes again threats of “Thug Riots” by Sharpton and Crump – create a false accuse of innocent George Zimmerman. These Black Panther “crazies” should be arrested – for their DEATH THREATS.

• myopiafree says:

Thanks Preston –
      “…everything public to date, including Florida law, Levin says this doesn’t even come close to a 2nd degree murder case and that Angela Corey is a disgrace for pushing for it in her affidavit while leaving out vital evidence.”
      Corey if far worse than a “disgrace”. Anyone with direct access to all the facts collected by the Sanford Police – NEW this was a case of self-defense JUSTIFIED HOMICIDE. EVERYONE with two judicial “brain cells” to rub together. But they all thought, ALL COREY HAD TO DO – was to allow Norfinger to CONTINUE WITH HIS GRAND JURY. The Grand Jury would have turned in a “No Bill”, and then the “Thug Riots” would have had to be against the Jury that determined self-defense. I am certain the “Thugs” would have declared the JURY was “Racist” – but what of it. We want an HONEST Judicial System – no one that is corrupted the way Corey-Bernie are corrupted.

18. LittleLaughter says:

Thank you Preston. Even after so much supporting evidence has come to light for George, so many idiots continue to believe the blatant lies; and I contiune to be amazed by their idiocy. The same kind of amazement I have for Obama supporters.

19. James F says:

Another day, another lie-filled hate article.

“The latest update in this case (and the updates are becoming fewer and farther between) comes with some delightful news.

There will be no gag order in this trial. Zimmerman and his defense had requested one, and the judge presiding over the case has rejected this request. Judge Debra Nelson said that there is no reason to instate a gag order and that this wouldn’t affect whether or not the 29-year-old will get a fair trial.”

Zimmerman and his defense had requested one? WTF? Unbelievable.

• rumpole2 says:

It’s tempting to say “unbelievable!”
      But it’s not. It is actually very common to see erroneous information in “news” reports (even supposedly MSM). Some of it may be the result of lazy people not being aware of the facts.. but that IGNORANCE is clearly wilful.. it’s not hard to find information on the Gag order and the hearing. I do suspect a lot of it is far more sinister… lying to push an agenda.

• ftsk420 says:

That’s the same way the TM twitter freaks are saying it. They think it was the defense who wanted the gag order. I checked in on those twitter fools the day the ruling came out they were all happy saying “Yeah take that George” this judge won’t take your shit. This is how stupid they really are and why nobody listens to them.

• rumpole2 says:

I see this “article” is posted and discussed on the next daily thread (11-4-12)
        I’ll copy my response there as well :)

• hoffstyle71 says:

I took the liberty of letting the Lovely Miss Hoffman know what I thought about her “article”. She’s really of no importance. Amazon.com reviews of her works of fiction are pretty telling. My favorite:

“I think I wrote better stuff when I was in 6th grade and doing My Little Pony fan fiction. I read the Look inside of this Wysteria Falls joke, and made a drinking game out of it. Every time you have grab the dictionary to look of up a word you’ve never heard, u take a shot. Every time there-is-unnecessary-dashed-words, you take a shot. Every time the author mentions the “Sea of Crap” you take two shots. At that rate you only read one poorly written 2 page chapter at a time. But at least it makes it a bearable and more entertaining read.”