Brought To You By the Letter “O” and the number 16 Trillion…..

A really awesome speech tonight at the Alfred E Smith dinner by Mitt Romney. This really is not only funny, but the points are absolutely well placed. I had no idea they could script something so well. It really is incredibly well written and executed. Enjoy…

This entry was posted in Election 2012, Obama re-election, Romney Campaign, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

60 Responses to Brought To You By the Letter “O” and the number 16 Trillion…..

1. This was one of many good lines Romney came up with tonight. President had a few also, but look flat and defeated.

2. Artist says:

yes, Obama looked flat and like he didn’t want to be there, at ALL….while on the other hand…Romney was charming, had great lines and looked wonderful ( hot! ) in his tux and white tie…I will be happy looking at him for 4+ years!

3. Sharon says:

It sure is nice to listen to a normal American POTUS-type who doesn’t talk in phony, stilted, pseudo-intellectual, ESL-influenced nonsense.

4. Sharon says:

Goodness….Romney had some real zingers, I think. And the audience was pretty responsive to them.

Romney is SO comfortable poking fun at himself. How HUGELY different from His Highness. I bet obama was seething at some of those lines………….

5. Bette says:

Mitt’s speech was both humorous and on point. A well crafted work of literary endeavor. I found it particularly amusing that the Cardinal was strategically seated between Obama and Romney. How is that for diversity…a Muslim, a Catholic and a Mormon? A cartoonist’s dream and possible SNL material.

When Obama said that Romney went by his middle name, Mitt, and he wished he could use his middle name…I believe him.

• Bijou says:

I thought that was a very curious comment.
      WHY would he want to call himself “Hussein”? (Assuming he’s a *cough* “Christian American”.)

6. ctdar says:

Hahaha watching Hannity repeat & Romney just skewering Obama!!
    Obama not happy
    Brought to you by letter O and 16 trillion
    Romney brought his beautiful wife Ann and Obama brought Clinton
    His jabs at press dead on! :lol:

7. woohoowee says:

LMBO!! Outstanding, Mr. Romney! Humorous, dignified, gracious, and not a trace of arrogance. Seems like a man who would be a pleasure to have dinner with.

8. Ms. Tee says:

Have a funny feeling that, if he wins Mitt will be a better President than most expected.

• stellap says:

I suspect you are correct, Ms Tee. I was very cool towards Romney until I saw him speak in person, and Ann also spoke. I warmed to her right away, and looked at him in a different way after that. I’m more convinced the more I see him. Sundance is right – we have to keep his feet to the fire if he wins this election – but I suspect that might not be as difficult as I once believed.

• Ms. Tee says:

Stella, a good friend of mine echoed the same sentiments at the beginning of the year. She and her husband had met the Romneys at a fundraiser and raved about how genuine and friendly they both were. My friend implored me to vote for Mitt in the primaries; of course, at the time, I wasn’t buying because I was stuck on Newton Leroy winning the nomination. I can’t believe how my attitude toward this man has changed in the last six months. Guess that’s what happens when you’re a grownup. :)

• stellap says:

I believe they are genuinely good, moral, people who love this country.

• ZurichMike says:

Those are the *only* qualifications — heck, even a Dem with such qualifications would garner a second look. The problem is, the vast majority of those in Dem party running for office are nasty, morally bankrupt people who either despise or are indifferent to America and her role in the world.

9. ctdar says:

Where is Mooch? Had enough already?
    Funny… Smith dinner is an annual event but Obama has only been there tonight and 2008? typical all about “me” in Presidential year

10. waltherppk says:

Greta just mentioned it is significant a generally left leaning newspaper Orlando Sentinel has endorsed Mitt Romney for president. OS editorial staff says Romeny is the best qualified man to be POTUS.

• LittleLaughter says:

I heard Greta tonight as well, waltherppk, and I was surprised to hear that coming from the OS.

• waltherppk says:

Senseless unnecessary deaths resulting from the executive inompetence displayed by Fast and Furious were executive incompetence underscored and repeated by senseless unnecessary deaths in Libya of four Americans. The ignorance and deceit and inaccountability associated with both homicidal SCANDALS has totally and permanently destroyed the political ambitions of BOTH Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama. They are FINISHED because their profound executive incompetence AND dishonesty has been EXPOSED publicy and unequivocally. People who set that kind of low standard of job performance are not fit to be in ANY positions of executive authority where they tell other people what to do, because they need somebody to tell them what to do, a boss over them who has knowledge which they are without. These are not capable leaders as evidenced by such poor performance followed by lying about it. Such people are frauds and con artists, not competent executives.

11. ottawa925 says:

He looked so good tonight. He has the class that Obama will NEVER have no matter how hard he tries. Romney and wife look like The President of the United States and First Lady. Real Americans … not the phonies we have currently …. don’t get me started … da bunch a commies.

No, Mitt had excellent material. In contrast … Obama? the material was flat but he tried hard to make it work. See you next debate Mr. President ….. bring your lunch.

12. boricuafudd says:

One word “PRESIDENTIAL”

13. Dawn Doe says:

Obama acted like he was still in the first debate!

14. Can we talk again about Romney’s likeability factor? He was just terrific tonight and he ended his speech with a respectful, compassionate closing. This is the man to lead our nation.

15. Mikado Cat says:

I had the same experience, early on I didn’t care for Romney, and in hindsight I realize I NEVER SAW him, only watched and read what was in the media.

This was funny stuff, but not a hint of meanness to it, and more topical than political.

I make special notice of something he said towards the end that I suspect will speak to many, support for the unborn.

• Truth Fan says:

You are so right in what you say there MC! I do think also that the media have done their utmost to prevent people from seeing this gentleman clearly and have tired at every turn to put forth some caricature of him. He really was funny and got in some sharp jabs, but there wasn’t any meaness or contemptuousness, not like what oozes through when Obama presents himself.
      And I agree, was so glad to hear that support for the most helpless among us.

16. Pingback: Mitt Romney Speaks At The Al Smith Dinner | The Tree of Mamre

17. cajunkelly says:

Did any one pay attention to tingle thighs? And why the hell was he even there, much less on the dias.

Near the end he stood up, and I swear he looked like a drunk….his pants were shoved below his gut, the shirt tail was coming out and his vest looked as if the buttons were about to give up the ghost.

Nasty lookin….he should be mortified when he sees the footage.

18. cajunkelly says:

Oh, and thanks much for posting that pic Stella! Gonna save that one….THAT is substance and class.

Love how Mitt made the comment about media bias…”Mitt dines with rich people”.

19. ZurichMike says:

The end of his speech was so beautiful, heartfelt and true I wept a little. Such grace under fire. I too, seem to have misread this guy. He has my vote already (I voted absentee).

• stellap says:

Mike, be sure to watch the video clips of Ann Romney on the View yesterday. What a classy lady.

• ZurichMike says:

I thought she was a bit nervous. I would have hammered Whoopi Goldberg and Babara Walters a bit more — it would have been easy to do. Every answer should have been — “What did Michelle Obama have to say about this during her interview? or “I am sure this was an interesting conversation when the President and First Lady were here.”

• ZurichMike says:

20. Auntie Lib says:

There’s not much I can add, except to echo the sentiments you all have shared. January, 2013 – the end of an error and the beginning of a whole new era of growth, prosperity, and the America we love! God bless us everyone!

21. Bijou says:

I loved Mitt’s “performance”. (I heard that Dennis Miller might have had a hand in some of the brilliant jokes.)
    I thought he looked “movie star” handsome, relaxed and just enjoying himself. Fantastic!

22. Mitt Roney is a man of wisdom!

23. Mitt romney is a man of real wisdom! America would be foolish to elect another.

24. Pingback: Obama embraced by catholics, Romney eats with rich people - Video - Iron Mill News Service | Iron Mill News Service

25. Pingback: Michelle Malkin » Question on everybody’s mind today: Was the ‘Million Puppet March’ enough to save our country as we know it?

26. Pingback: Question on everybody’s mind today: Was the ‘Million Puppet March’ enough to save our country as we know it? | Conservatives for America